Beloved57 are you sure you’re chosen?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Without temptation, enticement, lust, and commission, there is no sin. (James 1:14-15)
One manifests their "informed consent" when they offend their conscience.
Basically agreed! So when you go accusing someone of committing sin, and you don't mention either informed consent, or offending their conscience, then you're neglecting to mention grace! Why would you do that?!!!!

Hoping

Banned
Basically agreed! So when you go accusing someone of committing sin, and you don't mention either informed consent, or offending their conscience, then you're neglecting to mention grace! Why would you do that?!!!!
What are you talking about?
Sinners are the antithesis of grace filled people.
If they had any grace at all they would have found the escape from temptation that God provides. (1 Cor 10:13)

Idolater

What are you talking about?
Sinners are the antithesis of grace filled people.
If they had any grace at all they would have found the escape from temptation that God provides. (1 Cor 10:13)
Ay ay ay!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Listen you guys, Hoping is NOT a Christian.

He is delusional beyond any help, beyond any convincing, beyond any reason whatsoever.

He pretends not to commit any sin by the power of the Holy Spirit and yet doesn't understand the basic plot of the New Testament. He's a liar and a fool. You waste your time giving him the time of day.

Clete

Hoping

Banned

He is delusional beyond any help, beyond any convincing, beyond any reason whatsoever.

He pretends not to commit any sin by the power of the Holy Spirit and yet doesn't understand the basic plot of the New Testament. He's a liar and a fool. You waste your time giving him the time of day.

Clete
Do Christians obey Christ?
Why not all the time?

Hoping

Banned

Clete
What, in your opinion, is the "basic plot" of the NT?
In my opinion, it is freedom: from the Law, from the devil, and from sin.

Idolater

What, in your opinion, is the "basic plot" of the NT?
In my opinion, it is freedom: from the Law, from the devil, and from sin.
That's not bad.

So how come your words are all prison and slavery and despair?

Idolater

You will need to elaborate on how my words of freedom from slavery can cause despair.
Because you lack grace. Not for yourself of course! No. With you, it's "grace for me but not for thee". You have acknowledged that when you say "commit sin" you mean to not only do something objectively wrong, but to also do it with full knowledge and deliberate consent (informed consent), and with a clear conscience. This comports quite well with Catholicism. How nice that you give yourself the gift of Catholicism, and lock it up tight for everybody else.

How's that?

Hoping

Banned
Because you lack grace. Not for yourself of course! No. With you, it's "grace for me but not for thee". You have acknowledged that when you say "commit sin" you mean to not only do something objectively wrong, but to also do it with full knowledge and deliberate consent (informed consent), and with a clear conscience. This comports quite well with Catholicism. How nice that you give yourself the gift of Catholicism, and lock it up tight for everybody else.

How's that?
Sinners don't have clear consciences.
Thankfully though, God has the grace to allow any sinner to turn from his sin and walk thereafter in the light.
He had enough for me, not allowing me to die in my wantonness.
And I thank Him everyday.

Why do you feel that dissemination of the very idea of freedom from sin causes despair?
It is certainly not a bad thing.

Last edited:

Idolater

Sinners don't have clear consciences.
Thankfully though, God has the grace to allow any sinner to turn from his sin and walk thereafter in the light.
He had enough for me, not allowing me to die in my wantonness.
And I thank Him everyday.
That's good Hoping! That's very good! It cannot be taken to mean in anything I've ever said to you that this what you're saying right here isn't wonderful! It is! And I'm happy for you!
Why do you feel that dissemination of the very idea of freedom from sin causes despair?
It is certainly not a bad thing.
It's not that, but how, you're attempting to do it. Your original religion Catholicism believes in different gravity of sins, light sins and heavy or serious sins. Your original religion teaches that you should 'weight' sins in this way. The 'worst' sins are called 'grave matter', or 'serious' or 'grave' sins. Your original religion teaches you to perceive these sins and to conceive of them as weightier than any of all the other sins that are not in this grave category of sins.

It does practically lead Catholics in particular, to indulge in a variety of lighter sins, as they simultaneously scrupulously avoid serious sins.

But the kind of freedom that it sounds like you're talking about is the complete freedom from grave sins, which is as a fellow enjoyer of this freedom I can confirm is truly wonderful, and is what I strongly recommend that all Christians do, here and now in this life.

Hoping

Banned
That's good Hoping! That's very good! It cannot be taken to mean in anything I've ever said to you that this what you're saying right here isn't wonderful! It is! And I'm happy for you!
The joy is mine, but the glory goes to God.
It's not that, but how, you're attempting to do it. Your original religion Catholicism believes in different gravity of sins, light sins and heavy or serious sins. Your original religion teaches that you should 'weight' sins in this way. The 'worst' sins are called 'grave matter', or 'serious' or 'grave' sins. Your original religion teaches you to perceive these sins and to conceive of them as weightier than any of all the other sins that are not in this grave category of sins.
It does practically lead Catholics in particular, to indulge in a variety of lighter sins, as they simultaneously scrupulously avoid serious sins.
Actually, I see every sin the same way.
I white lie will garner a lake of fire sentence from God.
So will mass murder and kidnapping.
Categorizing sin into different levels only accommodates sin.
But the kind of freedom that it sounds like you're talking about is the complete freedom from grave sins, which is as a fellow enjoyer of this freedom I can confirm is truly wonderful, and is what I strongly recommend that all Christians do, here and now in this life.
Good, as long as every kind or type of sin is viewed as "grave".
Truly, "grave" is portentous word for any sin.

Idolater

The joy is mine, but the glory goes to God.

Actually, I see every sin the same way.
That was my whole point.
I white lie will garner a lake of fire sentence from God.
So will mass murder and kidnapping.
Categorizing sin into different levels only accommodates sin.

Good, as long as every kind or type of sin is viewed as "grave".
Truly, "grave" is portentous word for any sin.