ECT Ask why IP asks why

musterion

When I develop novels (which I don't do for novels sake, but rather to get to the point where I can generate abot 100 pages of production script), I hire people to read-back to me for $15 for an hour. Most of the time, in the first 20 minutes "I have no idea what is going on." But that is not their job. They are there for me to 'hear' the thing brand new. The next 20 minutes are quite exciting. Their voice changes and the realize that this is a solid plot line. By 60 minutes they usually refuse to quit, and we have a bit of further pre-evangelistic exchange.

But yeah, the trick is what interests people. Many of them are there initially because money interest them, or they are interested in meeting someone who writes.

Boasting of self.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't believe a word you say.

Those who do such things from a pure and undefiled heart NEVER trumpet them to impress, intimidate and outdo others, much less complete strangers in the net.

You are without self awareness and without shame.

I don't believe a word you say.

He'll have to be especially careful patting himself on the back. After a while, he may create a bruise that might turn into some form of a blood clot? You never know?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I always pick out movies by the tagline or back cover. I have never heard anyone have a problem with my back covers or summaries; only with the 'outlinish' style of the short novels, because I'm not in it to write novels but to develop scripts.

How many of your "so-called" Novels been made into major motion pictures?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When I develop novels (which I don't do for novels sake, but rather to get to the point where I can generate abot 100 pages of production script), I hire people to read-back to me for $15 for an hour. Most of the time, in the first 20 minutes "I have no idea what is going on." But that is not their job. They are there for me to 'hear' the thing brand new. The next 20 minutes are quite exciting. Their voice changes and the realize that this is a solid plot line. By 60 minutes they usually refuse to quit, and we have a bit of further pre-evangelistic exchange.

But yeah, the trick is what interests people. Many of them are there initially because money interest them, or they are interested in meeting someone who writes.

The ONLY writer I missed out on meeting was "Richard Matheson." He was appearing with his Son in Fullerton California, however, I missed him by about a week or so. He wrote, "I Am Legend," Somewhere in Time, and several Twilight Zones segments. He also did screenplay's for many of those Roger Corman "E.A. Poe" movies in the early 60s. Later, I got to meet with Corman though, and that encounter was really neat. I was a fan of most of his work since I was a kid.

Interplanner

How many of your "so-called" Novels been made into major motion pictures?

I've got close.

Two are kept at a producer archive because of how frequently they are being checked into. One, because it is modeled on SENSE AND SENSIBILITY even though it is a pro-life/motherhood statement, and subversive. One producer offered to do an A vs B contrast if her 'side' could get "equal time," but she called it very good writing. Isn't it incredible when liberals think they need "equal time"?

The other is FOOTHOLD, especially after this summer, because although it is a mission story, and grace finally intercepts one terrorist, there is a 'fatwa' against the US, declared at the same moment that a nuclear tip goes off in Seattle, for maximum intimidation. A 'fatwa' is an jihadist ultimatum to a whole region to 'submit.' The last production co that downloaded the script last did a major story based in Africa.

Interplanner

Those are on the public archive side, although there are more Christian producers checking it all the time. Before GOD'S NOT DEAD, the archive did not have faith-based or family-friendly as categories for checkboxing. Now they do!

I almost never hear from Christian producers. One was paranoid about why I would need a non-disclosure agreement if he wasn't going to use the archive, where it is built-in. Kevin Sorbo replied to my Tweet to him that he was intersted in both of the above films but is not a producer so it has to originate elsewhere.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've got close.

Two are kept at a producer archive because of how frequently they are being checked into. One, because it is modeled on SENSE AND SENSIBILITY even though it is a pro-life/motherhood statement, and subversive. One producer offered to do an A vs B contrast if her 'side' could get "equal time," but she called it very good writing. Isn't it incredible when liberals think they need "equal time"?

The other is FOOTHOLD, especially after this summer, because although it is a mission story, and grace finally intercepts one terrorist, there is a 'fatwa' against the US, declared at the same moment that a nuclear tip goes off in Seattle, for maximum intimidation. A 'fatwa' is an jihadist ultimatum to a whole region to 'submit.' The last production co that downloaded the script last did a major story based in Africa.
Inter, have you seen the film "A Matter of Faith" with Harry Anderson?" If so, what did you think of it? I went to High School with both Harry Anderson and Steven Seagal.

Interplanner

Inter, have you seen the film "A Matter of Faith" with Harry Anderson?" If so, what did you think of it? I went to High School with both Harry Anderson and Steven Seagal.

I don't recall it so far. I'll look it up. Send the production year if there is more than one out there.

Interplanner

I have seen short clips. I have always liked Christiano's work, but it takes a lot of work to penetrate the main stream. You sort of have to get in without them knowing you are subversive out front, somehow. I would not know on this one if he really hit all the points. I learned a year ago why many of the Christian scientists are working on deluge catastrophism first, and less on biology, because the actual results are still visible, if you know how to see it. Some of the biology stuff evades us by comparison.

I liked the discussion of rational inquiry he did when there was supposed to be a UFO crash near a town. It was 10 years ago or so, that film. I thought he touched each stone.

I notice in the trailer that we are supposed to get the idea that the Christian message and biology are both 'faith' matters, which is a dangerous conclusion, but I haven't seen the whole thing.

musterion

attachment.php

Interplanner

The one he did about the supposed UFO crash was UNIDENTIFIED. I liked how thoroughly it looked for proof, that proof was not the domain of any one individual but was always found to be obvious.

Interplanner

Why do you ask why IP?

If you are talking about communism, it is because some people procede right to the conclusion that they should be at work at "social" justice (as though there were two kinds) and don't realize it is social engineering, and don't realize that all Paul meant was what was true in Christ and his mission workers.

If you are talking about the OP, it is because many people 'survive' theologically on a few sound byte passages like 2 Cor 5:17 or Rom 11:26 and then have no idea what Hebrews is saying about Judaism. Or because people think Mt 24A is to help us (now) feel good about being evacuated from hell on earth. But that is not why it is there.
Was there.

If all people do here is entrench, entrench, instead of ask why a certain thing is held, they will ghetto in their soundbyte theology.

Interplanner

Communism, a heresy, yet an unaccomplished ideal. I think you are a bit wacky!

It cannot be accomplished in human state governments, no. Attempts have been horrific. But in Christ and in the NHNE, there will be no marriage, land, nations, class-systems, gender.

This is why the Clinton Global Initiative is such a godless, antichristian menace.

Interplanner

It means nothing if your first statement is true. So, why care?

Because they (Clintons) will try anyway, and it will ruin so many resources of the US and the West. Oh, I just remembered, we will have so much fun being Islamicized. All Hillary's experience is destructive to the Constitution and to women in her way and she is fiscally ignorant and a fantasizer.