ECT Ask why IP asks why

Interplanner

lol,the part where they believed and ask "will you restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?" Acts 1:6 KJV is the hard one to swallow though isn't it? It's just wayyy to much fun to say "Darby invented it!". Hint,,,"spiritualize it away",thats usually the next move.

My response to it is they still couldn't adapt to what the Spirit of God was going to do; they couldn't believe that what he had taught from the prophets and law was fulfilled in him.

I understand why MADs think that the apostles denseness or lack of reception lends to the belief of a "kingdom offer" until Acts 3. But that raises the question: how many faux pas (total mistakes) did they make LATE in the ministry of Christ?
1, Peter draws a sword in the garden betrayal scene. Pretty late.
2, Thomas has to have his kind of proof. Pretty late.
3, They were startled and frightened at seeing him resurrected in the room. It's not an entirely rational thing, is it?
4, the words of the ladies seemed like nonsense. Pretty late.

So in Lk 24:16 there is the additional 'inside' clue: they were kept from recognizing him.

5, we had hoped he was going to redeem Israel. Well, he did! But how it would look was not the same. This is 24:21 and ties the book together back to the "OT" songs.

All they same, they are "foolish" and "slow of heart". Pretty late. 24:25.

So I conclude that there was nothing unusual about the momentum of Judaism in their thoughts in Acts 1. The question was misguided but we know they were pretty slow.

whitestone

Nope, you guys IGNORE Jesus, the OT, the vast majority of the NT, and actually MADIST trust and believe about 10 pages of scripture and try to destroy the truth and context of the rest of the scripture.

lol,thats a new one on me I've never met an D'ist that ignored Jesus,nor me...

While your on the subject though,,,in Deuteronomy 2,,Esau and his children are in Sier. Now the whole while Israel's children were in bondage in Egypt Esau's tribe multiplied in the land God gave him. So Esau is of the circumcision(Abraham) but they were not in captivity in Egypt. After Israel came out of bondage they were given the law(Moses) and told to remember the Passover.

So Esau and his tribe Are they required to remember the Passover and obey the law?

dodge

lol,thats a new one on me I've never met an D'ist that ignored Jesus,nor me...

While your on the subject though,,,in Deuteronomy 2,,Esau and his children are in Sier. Now the whole while Israel's children were in bondage in Egypt Esau's tribe multiplied in the land God gave him. So Esau is of the circumcision(Abraham) but they were not in captivity in Egypt. After Israel came out of bondage they were given the law(Moses) and told to remember the Passover.

So Esau and his tribe Are they required to remember the Passover and obey the law?

So you believe God is a respecter of people ? Scripture says that aint so.

Act 10:34
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

whitestone

My response to it is they still couldn't adapt to what the Spirit of God was going to do; they couldn't believe that what he had taught from the prophets and law was fulfilled in him.

I understand why MADs think that the apostles denseness or lack of reception lends to the belief of a "kingdom offer" until Acts 3. But that raises the question: how many faux pas (total mistakes) did they make LATE in the ministry of Christ?
1, Peter draws a sword in the garden betrayal scene. Pretty late.
2, Thomas has to have his kind of proof. Pretty late.
3, They were startled and frightened at seeing him resurrected in the room. It's not an entirely rational thing, is it?
4, the words of the ladies seemed like nonsense. Pretty late.

So in Lk 24:16 there is the additional 'inside' clue: they were kept from recognizing him.

5, we had hoped he was going to redeem Israel. Well, he did! But how it would look was not the same. This is 24:21 and ties the book together back to the "OT" songs.

All they same, they are "foolish" and "slow of heart". Pretty late. 24:25.

So I conclude that there was nothing unusual about the momentum of Judaism in their thoughts in Acts 1. The question was misguided but we know they were pretty slow.

I don't see the apostles (11 then 12) nor the disciples from Acts 1-15 as "dense",they were teaching the very thing they received.

I say that because in Acts 10,11 we could add an additional oops on their part if we consider Peter being told "nothing doubting" in addition to the disciples questions to Peter of his going to an gentile ect. .

So they were Given to understand Mark 13:11 KJV and did,they believed the kingdom would be restored to Israel on earth Acts 1:6 KJV but then all of the sudden something is throwing them for a loop Acts 11-15 ,,,What changed in Acts 9,10,ect.? Which I will also say is the premise to Mid Acts D'ism in that there is a change at that point and the difference is as distinct as the difference between how God dealt with the differences of agreement between Esau and Israel,,I see also there is one thing the 12 presented and another in Paul, Paul's is the one I/we are under.

If what was given in Mark 13:11 KJV ,The mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, were not the same as what they were discerning in Acts 10-15 then it would not have been such a debate among themselves as to "what this all meant". So it's easy to see that at about the mid Acts point there is an "hey whats happening?,whats this all mean?" atmosphere.

whitestone

So you believe God is a respecter of people ? Scripture says that aint so.

Act 10:34
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

lol,Esau,,,is he supposed to teach his children to remember when they were spared from death in Egypt,bitter herbs and spices ect. or does God not expect that because he knows they were not involved in those events?

dodge

lol,Esau,,,is he supposed to teach his children to remember when they were spared from death in Egypt,bitter herbs and spices ect. or does God not expect that because he knows they were not involved in those events?

Do you even know why they were in bondage in Egypt ? I think not.

dodge

It's an easy question "should Esau teach his children to remember being passed over by the angel of death in Egypt",,,yes or no will do...

This Esau ?

Mal 1:2

I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,

Mal 1:3
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

whitestone

This Esau ?

Mal 1:2

I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,

Mal 1:3
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

lol,Yep that one,,,I can hear the wheels turning,,,"hmm,If I say no,then he will say that every word then is not written to all and I should not open others mail,what to do,what to do...",,,?

dodge

whitestone;4831897]I don't .
see the apostles (11 then 12) nor the disciples from Acts 1-15 as "dense",they were teaching the very thing they received.
I see also there is one thing the 12 presented and another in Paul, Paul's is the one I/we are under.[/QUOT

WRONG ANSWER:

The one we should be under:

Heb 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

I follow who Paul said he followed ,and we are taught by Paul to follow Jesus as He followed Jesus.

If what was given in Mark 13:11 KJV ,The mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, were not the same as what they were discerning in Acts 10-15 then it would not have been such a debate among themselves as to "what this all meant". So it's easy to see that at about the mid Acts point there is an "hey whats happening?,whats this all mean?" atmosphere.

When the jailer asked " what must I do to be saved", he was told to believe on the Lord Jesus and be baptized , and yet now Madist say water baptism is not necessary. Can you NOT see how you are at odds with scripture by ignoring the teachings of Jesus who said to teach and baptize the NATIONS ? Claiming to follow Paul who himself baptized Gaius and Cripus and another house of folks ?

MAD perverts even the Apostle Paul's actions ( Paul baptized some folks ) and teachings.

dodge

lol,Yep that one,,,I can hear the wheels turning,,,"hmm,If I say no,then he will say that every word then is not written to all and I should not open others mail,what to do,what to do...",,,?

Lame argument .

Noah was told to build an Ark to save himself and his family. Some things are there as examples just as when God destroyed all breathing animals on the planet because of their wickedness.

I don't plan on building an ark for 2 reasons. 1- God never told me to 2. God promised to never flood the planet again as evidenced by the rainbow.

So you advocate ignoring everyone except Paul and his writings ? When one reads the scriptures that God has provided they are not reading anothers mail they are reading what God has provided for correction, reproof, understanding, the examples of what to do and not to do.

whitestone

see the apostles (11 then 12) nor the disciples from Acts 1-15 as "dense",they were teaching the very thing they received.
I see also there is one thing the 12 presented and another in Paul, Paul's is the one I/we are under.[/QUOT

WRONG ANSWER:

The one we should be under:

Heb 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

I follow who Paul said he followed ,and we are taught by Paul to follow Jesus as He followed Jesus.

When the jailer asked " what must I do to be saved", he was told to believe on the Lord Jesus and be baptized , and yet now Madist say water baptism is not necessary. Can you NOT see how you are at odds with scripture by ignoring the teachings of Jesus who said to teach and baptize the NATIONS ? Claiming to follow Paul who himself baptized Gaius and Cripus and another house of folks ?

MAD perverts even the Apostle Paul's actions ( Paul baptized some folks ) and teachings.

So thats a "Yes"? Maybe it's "no",hmm... Just say yes or no to the question and then reflect on your feelings,,,

dodge

So thats a "Yes"? Maybe it's "no",hmm... Just say yes or no to the question and then reflect on your feelings,,,

I am tired it was a long day and I am really not following what it is that you believe you are proving. I don't see any way MAD is even close to scriptural. I don't limit myself to 10 or 15 pages of scripture and ignore the rest.

whitestone

I am tired it was a long day and I am really not following what it is that you believe you are proving. I don't see any way MAD is even close to scriptural. I don't limit myself to 10 or 15 pages of scripture and ignore the rest.

Sounds good there's always tomorrow. I'm in the midst of daily radiation and chemo so fatigue is a reality but I will follow along when I can. It may be sparse for a while over the next 7 weeks but things look well for me after that,so I'll be back,lol

dodge

lol,no!,,,. I will be fair though,,,if it is revealed in Daniel by an angel it wasn't the mystery kept secret from the foundation. Then again if you consider Revelation 5:9 KJV if the words "slain,blood ect." might help, then it would be impossible to think that it was told/revealed before the Lord was crucified and ascended to heaven(he was found worthy after that),,,so did he teach it before or after his ascension thats the question to ask your own mind...

Mat 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Looks like Jesus taught exactly that before He was even crucified.

whitestone

Mat 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Looks like Jesus taught exactly that before He was even crucified.

Revelation 5:9 KJV ,(think) ,"thou wast slain",,,"hast redeemed us to God by thy blood"(past tense language),,,so he opened the seals "afterward" not "before" he was slain...