ECT Ask why IP asks why

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can you show me, then, where the "NT" annuls land promises made and confirmed over and over and over?

Joshua makes it clear that the land promise was fulfilled.

(Joshua 21:43) So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there.

Then, hundreds of years later, the Israelites were removed from the land by the Assyrians and Babylonians. However, God promised He would let the Jews return to the land again after being captive in Babylon for 70 years:

(Jer 29:10) This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place

The promise to Jeremiah was fulfilled:

(Ezra 1:1) In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah,...

Sorry STP, but all the land promises have been fulfilled.

Only Darby followers and Christ rejecting Jews believe there are unfulfilled land promises.

Interplanner

Joshua makes it clear that the land promise was fulfilled.

(Joshua 21:43) So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there.

Then, hundreds of years later, the Israelites were removed from the land by the Assyrians and Babylonians. However, God promised He would let the Jews return to the land again after being captive in Babylon for 70 years:

(Jer 29:10) This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place

The promise to Jeremiah was fulfilled:

(Ezra 1:1) In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah,...

Sorry STP, but all the land promises have been fulfilled.

Only Darby followers and Christ rejecting Jews believe there are unfulfilled land promises.

To STP,
unless I misunderstood your question, you mean 'confirmed in the OT' right? I'm sure by now you must have noticed that there are none in the NT, and that this raises the question of whether the NT is to guide our use of the OT.

If you go with Danoh, he does NOT see the NT use of a passage or concept as final, but goes back until it...means what he wants. The most recent being the Amos 9 in Acts 15 discussion. I don't think he has any reason to do so, other than what he wants true.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm sure by now you must have noticed that there are none in the NT

That's one of the main problems for Darby followers.

Nowhere in the NT does it say anything about the Jews or Israelites returning to the promised land again.

Dispensationalism is based on OT prophecies about land that have already been fulfilled.

Darby followers have nothing from the NT that support their 2P2P theory.

whitestone

how funny,,,an angel says something is noted in the scripture of truth Daniel 10:21 KJV ,,,and that none hold with him in it but...,then along comes Paul and reveals things kept secret from the foundation and a man compares it to something that they did understand. How is it that something that Gabriel did understand is the same as things not yet revealed,confusing isn't it? Things that differ are not the same.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
then along comes Paul and reveals things kept secret from the foundation

It was Jesus, NOT Paul, who first came along and revealed things kept secret since the foundation of the world.

(Matt 13:35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Interplanner

how funny,,,an angel says something is noted in the scripture of truth Daniel 10:21 KJV ,,,and that none hold with him in it but...,then along comes Paul and reveals things kept secret from the foundation and a man compares it to something that they did understand. How is it that something that Gabriel did understand is the same as things not yet revealed,confusing isn't it? Things that differ are not the same.

Can you try again on this one?

whitestone

Can you try again on this one?

lol,no!,,,. I will be fair though,,,if it is revealed in Daniel by an angel it wasn't the mystery kept secret from the foundation. Then again if you consider Revelation 5:9 KJV if the words "slain,blood ect." might help, then it would be impossible to think that it was told/revealed before the Lord was crucified and ascended to heaven(he was found worthy after that),,,so did he teach it before or after his ascension thats the question to ask your own mind...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lol,no!,,,. I will be fair though,,,if it is revealed in Daniel by an angel it wasn't the mystery kept secret from the foundation. Then again if you consider Revelation 5:9 KJV if the words "slain,blood ect." might help, then it would be impossible to think that it was told/revealed before the Lord was crucified and ascended to heaven(he was found worthy after that),,,so did he teach it before or after his ascension thats the question to ask your own mind...

Jesus preached the kingdom and things hidden since the foundation by parables. Not everyone understood them.

(Matt 13:11) He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.

whitestone

Jesus preached the kingdom and things hidden since the foundation by parables. Not everyone understood them.

(Matt 13:11) He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.

lol,and the knowledge of the kingdom of heaven that was given to them led the to ask when it would be restored?... Acts 1:6 KJV

dodge

lol,and the knowledge of the kingdom of heaven that was given to them led the to ask when it would be restored?... Acts 1:6 KJV

It was taught because they did not understand it does NOT mean that Jesus did not teach it.

They were looking for the kingdom of Israel to be restored; however, Jesus was teaching them about the kingdom of heaven they are NOT hardly the same thing.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

whitestone

It was taught because they did not understand it does NOT mean that Jesus did not teach it.

They were looking for the kingdom of Israel to be restored; however, Jesus was teaching them about the kingdom of heaven they are NOT hardly the same thing.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

lol,thats even funnier...next you'll try to prove that they did understand it and were teaching the Gospel that you now say "they did not understand",,,

Interplanner

lol,thats even funnier...next you'll try to prove that they did understand it and were teaching the Gospel that you now say "they did not understand",,,

There is a difference between understanding the Gospel of forgiveness, and understanding that he was going to be treated miserably and die. I think there is something built in to Judaism that makes for this difficulty, but I'll check and get back to you about that. Something about how people cannot forgive each other without payment, but God can but it is not knowable to mankind.

dodge

You are ignoring ONE TINY little fact. There is pre and post resurrection.Before Jesus arose ALL the Apostles began to doubt Jesus was who He said He claimed to be i.e the Messiah.

After the resurrection when He appeared to the Apostles I am sure their message and preaching changed to the risen savior. The one that was not there on Jesus' first appearance and was on the second THOMAS the doubter fell at Jesus' feet and proclaimed my Lord and my God to Jesus , and I am sure his message concerning Jesus changed at that point.

Madist cannot see the forest for the trees.

God with held the meaning of the DBR until Jesus resurrected and at that point ALL the Apostles knew and taught what Jesus had already taught them.

The scriptures from Genesis 3 on taught that God would send Jesus. Sorry you cannot see Jesus and GRACE throughout ALL of scripture including OT and NT. Your loss not mine.

whitestone

You are ignoring ONE TINY little fact. There is pre and post resurrection.Before Jesus arose ALL the Apostles began to doubt Jesus was who He said He claimed to be i.e the Messiah.

After the resurrection when He appeared to the Apostles I am sure their message and preaching changed to the risen savior. The one that was not there on Jesus' first appearance and was on the second THOMAS the doubter fell at Jesus' feet and proclaimed my Lord and my God to Jesus , and I am sure his message concerning Jesus changed at that point.

Madist cannot see the forest for the trees.

God with held the meaning of the DBR until Jesus resurrected and at that point ALL the Apostles knew and taught what Jesus had already taught them.

The scriptures from Genesis 3 on taught that God would send Jesus. Sorry you cannot see Jesus and GRACE throughout ALL of scripture including OT and NT. Your loss not mine.

lol,,,"after",they were given to know the mysteries,"after" they doubted,"after" he was witnessed by them and right before they saw him ascend they still thought and ask him "will you restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?" Acts 1:6 KJV .

So they either know or they don't scripture says it was given to them to know Mark 13:11 KJV so I believe they did understand it but the question "will you restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?" shows that they fully believed that the kingdom is to be restored to Israel at some point in time...

dodge

lol,,,"after",they were given to know the mysteries,"after" they doubted,"after" he was witnessed by them and right before they saw him ascend they still thought and ask him "will you restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?" Acts 1:6 KJV .

So they either know or they don't scripture says it was given to them to know Mark 13:11 KJV so I believe they did understand it but the question "will you restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?" shows that they fully believed that the kingdom is to be restored to Israel at some point in time...

Jesus taught His DBR ! The Apostles ALL of them taught His DBR and salvation by GRACE after His resurrection! MAD= mutually assured destruction of the truth.

whitestone

Jesus taught His DBR ! The Apostles ALL of them taught His DBR and salvation by GRACE after His resurrection! MAD= mutually assured destruction of the truth.

lol,the part where they believed and ask "will you restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?" Acts 1:6 KJV is the hard one to swallow though isn't it? It's just wayyy to much fun to say "Darby invented it!". Hint,,,"spiritualize it away",thats usually the next move.

dodge

lol,the part where they believed and ask "will you restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?" Acts 1:6 KJV is the hard one to swallow though isn't it? It's just wayyy to much fun to say "Darby invented it!". Hint,,,"spiritualize it away",thats usually the next move.

Nope, you guys IGNORE Jesus, the OT, the vast majority of the NT, and actually MADIST trust and believe about 10 pages of scripture and try to destroy the truth and context of the rest of the scripture.