Why do your replies always leave me feeling deeply depressed? :think:

because you haven't yet realized that town is a feminized male

who is absolutely obsessed about block quotes:
You have an interesting block quote ...
I know, I feel a block quote coming.
And there went that block quote...

:darwinsm:

he must just kill at a cocktail party, in conversation! :chuckle:

That is a point. And I can see why you began a thread (in your usual abrasive manner you entitled it...)

they do tend to get more attention that way! :banana:

Was referring to the OP.

evo!! :wave2:

where ya bin?

GFR7

Well there is scholastic intelligence, and then there is philosophical/rational intelligence.

I don't agree with females being judges because men tend to have more informed judgement on issues pertaining to morality and political affairs.
Such is why the prophets and apostles are male, and the biblical leaders are such as well.

That's not to say there's not one women fit to lead, but in truth, a lot of what one sees in high places with a woman in charge are there out of the stigma of feminism itself, not necessarily because they are the best.

This is especially true with court and police officials, but it's also true in, let's say, academics itself:

All the iconic, scientific/philosophical geniuses through history are all male, and where it was once thought that this was due to the lack of female education, it has not changed since they became equal in that.

The simple fact is that the interest and mastery, collectively of science and philosophy, rests with men.

We wrote the Bible. THE BIBLE.
'Nuff said :D

I think the reasoning for there being so many females generally less smart then men in this age is due to the simple fact that lot of women grow up with a natural inclination of, oddly enough, not desiring to be intelligent! They figure because they are female, they simply just don't need the complex mechanisms of the mind which men generally have.

More men then women have a natural inclination to hobbies and mechanical thinking, figuring out how things work, diving intuitively into anomalies and mystery, and so on.

In short, modern feminism is to blame for the stupidity of all those type of women.
I think you're right in most of what you say. You speak much more forcefully than I do, and you don't backpedal when people call you out (you don't seem shame-based in any way). I think you're less inclined to apologize than am I. Good post.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well there is scholastic intelligence, and then there is philosophical/rational intelligence.
No, there's only intelligence and it's application. Or in your case a want of (either).

I don't agree with females being judges because men tend to have more informed judgement on issues pertaining to morality and political affairs.
As with every declaration of this sort you offer no empirical basis to sustain that declaration of biased horsefeathers.

Such is why the prophets and apostles are male, and the biblical leaders are such as well.
Why is he the king? Because God ordained it. Who said that God ordained it? Why the king, of course.

That's not to say there's not one women fit to lead, but in truth, a lot of what one sees in high places with a woman in charge are there out of the stigma of feminism itself, not necessarily because they are the best.
It would be too easy to list any number of great women throughout history who have advanced culture and science and literature and government despite being mostly handicapped by law and custom, but I'd rather entreat anyone interested to look into it for themselves.

We wrote the Bible. THE BIBLE.
'Nuff said :D
So you believe the Bible was the invention of men? Because otherwise there's as much credit in that particular as assigning virtue to the act of stenography.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
i've had too many female phd professors, coworkers and supervisors to discount the intellectual ability of the female mind

GFR7

Can you give some examples of what you mean?
OK, well, music like Bryan Ferry, John Foxx, Kraftwerk. Very intellectual and philosophical - liked by males and rare women who complain that they ought to have been males.

Plays like Hamlet. In group discussions, the males got all the right nuances, not the females.

Philosophy such as Kierkegaard, Spinoza---seems it was always males who could speak on it. Never females.

I would rather think it's a social flaw, some culture jam, and can be fixed, than to think that's just the way it is.... I WANT the genders to be equal, and I am disappointed at signs that they're not...

GFR7

i've had too many female phd professors, coworkers and supervisors to discount the intellectual ability of the female mind
OK. So you disagree with most of what has been said...... :think: I had too many male professors and co-workers, i think...

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
OK, well, music like Bryan Ferry, John Foxx, Kraftwerk. Very intellectual and philosophical - liked by males and rare women who complain that they ought to have been males.

Plays like Hamlet. In group discussions, the males got all the right nuances, not the females.

Philosophy such as Kierkegaard, Spinoza---seems it was always males who could speak on it. Never females.

I would rather think it's a social flaw, some culture jam, and can be fixed, than to think that's just the way it is.... I WANT the genders to be equal, and I am disappointed at signs that they're not...

why would you want us to equal - we're wired differently, we're raised differently and our neurons are bathed in different brands of soup

GFR7

Ill be a good girl then and not let you know my IQ, wouldn't want to disillusion you any more that you already have been and cause even more feelings of inadequacy. :cloud9:
What is it? You do indeed seem intelligent. Mine is 140.

GFR7

why would you want us to equal - we're wired differently, we're raised differently and our nuerons are bathed in different brands of soup
I don't know. I just do :cry:

if you go under a female surgeon, or before a female judge, don't you hope they're not some strange, exotic breed? But fellow humans????

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
OK. So you disagree with most of what has been said...... :think: I had too many male professors and co-workers, i think...

you seem to have had an educational background heavy on the humanities

mine was science

philosophy, religion, history - i tended to pick up on my own

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I don't know. I just do :cry:

if you go under a female surgeon, or before a female judge, don't you hope they're not some strange, exotic breed? But fellow humans????

female surgeon - i would expect that she's as qualified as the guy next to her in the anatomy lab, hacking away at the cadaver

judge?

no thanks

give me a man

GFR7

you seem to have had an educational background heavy on the humanities

mine was science

philosophy, religion, history - i tended to pick up on my own

I know. Maybe that's why I'm so screwed up? :idunno: Mine was philosophy, english literature, history.....

Status
Not open for further replies.