Are You a Misandrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFR7

Captain Picard was in some sort of accident and now he runs a school for mutants. La Forge is the dean of a University that employs a crime solving schizophrenic. Number One's career went number two. That sort of thing.

Back on the whole methodology topic, don't sell yourself short. You have an interesting block quote rope a dope method that hasn't gone unnoticed by a couple of us. :box:
Ha. Interesting.
Thank you for your words. :cheers:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
@Town Heretic:

BTW, as you have the Jurisprudence bent and legalistic turn of mind, what is your opinion on post #5 of the below thread (link), re the moral suasion of Justice Kennedy? :think:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104020

POST # 5
I think the author is confused about what a republic is and his words should concern all of us who aren't....that we have by considered and purposeful act withheld from the majority the right to enforce its will without regard to the operating principles of due process and equality before the law, among others. We set extraordinarily high standards to justify any such incursion into liberty/right.

Else, it's a calculated appeal, but one I suspect won't survive the Court's scrutiny.

GFR7

I think the author is confused about what a republic is and his words should concern all of us who aren't....that we have by considered and purposeful act withheld from the majority the right to enforce its will without regard to the operating principles of due process and equality before the law, among others. We set extraordinarily high standards to justify any such incursion into liberty/right.

Else, it's a calculated appeal, but one I suspect won't survive the Court's scrutiny.
So no moral suasion on Justice Kennedy? :think: I guess we will have to wait and see.....
Thank you for your opinion.

GFR7

Because women are stupid :plain:
Well, let's say when I compare female v male tastes in music, books, and film, other than some rare women who are the exceptions who prove the rule, it seems women are into a lot of fluff and trivia, whereas there is a lot of profound intellectual merit in what many (not all, to be sure) males choose.

That said, men should want women to be equal intellectually. When a woman does prove herself to have the same elevated tastes, she should get credit for them.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
whereas there is a lot of profound intellectual merit in what many (not all, to be sure) males choose.
Oh for sure. Like football, beer and the latest edition of SI swimsuits. :mock:intellectual men.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So no moral suasion on Justice Kennedy? :think: I guess we will have to wait and see.....
Thank you for your opinion.
You never know, but to me it's a thin ploy and I don't think it will play.

Well, let's say when I compare female v male tastes in music, books, and film, other than some rare women who are the exceptions who prove the rule, it seems women are into a lot of fluff and trivia,
There's literally no excuse for this sort of thinking. Compare how many by what standard? I know, I feel a block quote coming. :mmph: I'll leave it short then. You're conflating your bias and some horrifically subjective anecdotal with a rule that insults a gender without serious intellectual warrant.

whereas there is a lot of profound intellectual merit in what many (not all, to be sure) males choose.That said, men should want women to be equal intellectually. When a woman does prove herself to have the same elevated tastes, she should get credit for them.
Trade the reference to women with blacks and men with whites and this sort of rhetoric would look the way it should to you. Just utter horsefeathers...good grief. :nono:

GFR7

You never know, but to me it's a thin ploy and I don't think it will play.

There's literally no excuse for this sort of thinking. Compare how many by what standard? I know, I feel a block quote coming. :mmph: I'll leave it short then. You're conflating your bias and some horrifically subjective anecdotal with a rule that insults a gender without serious intellectual warrant.

Trade the reference to women with blacks and men with whites and this sort of rhetoric would look the way it should to you. Just utter horsefeathers...good grief. :nono:

I've known too many intellectual males and too few intellectual females. Try and understand that maybe I was exposed to extremes, and there is no intentional meanness to me. If I am in error, then of course I apologize.

@esset- see , that's the problem: I never knew the football or action type males. Certainly not beer males. My father had gay friends who were all geniuses: Poets, authors, philosophers, virtuosos, etc. and this is what I saw growing up. Refinement and genius were male traits - at least as I was taught. I didnt have a normal schooling experience, either (highschool broken by travel; college by death of parent and other disruptions) and my parents encouraged me to identify with them and their generation. The whole thing maybe was weird :idunno: It might have given me a skewed world view. I am open to considering that my experience has been extreme, and that my perception is all afoul. IF it is..... but at least I am open to altering my purview.

for instance, if all males I knew were like aCW, and all females like Rusha, I would have the skewed impression that all men are dolts and morons; and women, refined and intelligent---SEE? :think: :chuckle:

I hope TH hasn't simply played another of his tricks on me :think: Because I feel like I am in court and have been called out by a lawyer. :madmad: --- in summation:
I also attended a college, in my undergraduate years which was not the right one for me (long story, and the fault of my parents )--- so that skewed my perception as well (it had a majority of women, and not the right ones ). It's getting me very angry, looking back on it....

Last edited:

The Berean

Why do you believe intellect is a male attribute?

I work as a mechanical engineer in the aerospace industry which has historically been a male dominated field. But times are changing. I've been at my company since 1998 and in that time there has been a rather large increase in the number of female engineers. About 1/3 of my engineering group is female. There are now several female mechanical technicians building hardware on the factory floors and quite a few female quality engineers.

GFR7

I work as a mechanical engineer in the aerospace industry which has historically been a male dominated field. But times are changing. I've been at my company since 1998 and in that time there has been a rather large increase in the number of female engineers. About 1/3 of my engineering group is female. There are now several female mechanical technicians building hardware on the factory floors and quite a few female quality engineers.
OK - one more fact to show my perception may be very narrow and slanted, owing to my own peculiar upbringing. I could never be an engineer, so the females who are are certainly superior to me in that vein. Agreed.

bybee

OK - one more fact to show my perception may be very narrow and slanted, owing to my own peculiar upbringing. I could never be an engineer, so the females who are are certainly superior to me in that vein. Agreed.

It is not a matter of superiority. It is a matter of utilizing one's God given talents to the fullest. For many years women, just because they are women, have not had that option.

GFR7

It is not a matter of superiority. It is a matter of utilizing one's God given talents to the fullest. For many years women, just because they are women, have not had that option.
I agree that that change is a just one - in terms of race and gender , both. I believe in classical liberal equality. The excesses of the politically correct era have not served society well, and have muddied the waters. When I focus on the latter, that is what the posts reflect. A critique which need not extend to all areas or all persons.

bybee

I agree that that change is a just one - in terms of race and gender , both. I believe in classical liberal equality. The excesses of the politically correct era have not served society well, and have muddied the waters. When I focus on the latter, that is what the posts reflect. A critique which need not extend to all areas or all persons.

Well said.
I detest "Political Correctness"! It is a Gestapoesque method of controlling society.

GFR7

Town Heretic tricked me again.
Into a rambling, twisting, long-winded discourse which went nowhere.
Grrrrrrr

images

GFR7

I believe there are more stupid women then stupid men :idunno:

Go ask an intelligent female, and there's a good chance she will say the same exact thing :chuckle:
I hate to say it, but the intelligent females I've known all had the same complaint.

Skybrngr- in your opinion, within this purview---where does this leave intelligent women? If they are outnumbered, feel frustrated about it (as my wife always did) and feel they don't make a difference because men don't really know they exist?
you obviously aren't just talking about "intelligence" either, as we see women become judges, lawyers, surgeons and they pass the same exams men do. It's something else- so what would you call it?

is it a flaw in nature, or did something go wrong socially? (not saying there are not very superior women, but the ratio does seem to be more skewed than in the other gender)...

Status
Not open for further replies.