Are You a Misandrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlunae

I hope TH hasn't simply played another of his tricks on me :think:

He just doesn't do that.

Because I feel like I am in court and have been called out by a lawyer. :madmad: --- in summation:

He's trying to get you to seriously engage the ideas that you're promoting instead of slapping them up and running from them. I don't know what else you expect.

I also attended a college, in my undergraduate years which was not the right one for me (long story, and the fault of my parents )--- so that skewed my perception as well (it had a majority of women, and not the right ones ). It's getting me very angry, looking back on it....

You are an adult, are you not? They let you have a job, and spend your own money and all that, right? At some point you have to be responsible for who and what you are. And if you're going to keep making vague excuses about your upbringing, you may be asked to explain in a little more detail.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And there went that block quote...anyway...
I've known too many intellectual males and too few intellectual females. Try and understand that maybe I was exposed to extremes, and there is no intentional meanness to me. If I am in error, then of course I apologize.
The "if" qualification alone is maddening. Seriously. Do you think the weather everywhere is the same as it is outside your door?

I hope TH hasn't simply played another of his tricks on me :think:
Another? What was the first?

Because I feel like I am in court and have been called out by a lawyer.
You're in a forum espousing notions that merit criticism and continuing to hold to them in the face of actual, factual counter...ignorance actually is an excuse of sorts right up until it becomes not a want of information but an act of will.

:madmad: --- in summation:
I also attended a college, in my undergraduate years which was not the right one for me (long story, and the fault of my parents )--- so that skewed my perception as well (it had a majority of women, and not the right ones ). It's getting me very angry, looking back on it....
The thing is...and I want to say this as gently as I can because you're an amiable enough fellow, but there's simply no excuse for conflating anecdote with a rule and stepping over facts when they don't conform to your expectation.

Town Heretic tricked me again.
Into a rambling, twisting, long-winded discourse which went nowhere.
Grrrrrrr
Only if you failed to follow the point.

GFR7

@musterion
ha, you're the other extreme from me. :chuckle: No apologies- you just speak your piece, brother :)

GFR7

He just doesn't do that.

He's trying to get you to seriously engage the ideas that you're promoting instead of slapping them up and running from them. I don't know what else you expect.

You are an adult, are you not? They let you have a job, and spend your own money and all that, right? At some point you have to be responsible for who and what you are. And if you're going to keep making vague excuses about your upbringing, you may be asked to explain in a little more detail.
I'm an adult, of course--- but I've lived a lot on family inheritance, and I can tell you my background is like something out of a bad Tennessee Williams play. I am not making excuses, I am trying to explain where I'm coming from.......I thought that was good form :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm an adult, of course--- but I've lived a lot on family inheritance, and I can tell you my background is like something out of a bad Tennessee Williams play. I am not making excuses, I am trying to explain where I'm coming from.......I thought that was good form :think:
What bad Williams' play? Your description says the New York area. Where was home, what state I mean?

GFR7

And there went that block quote...anyway...

The "if" qualification alone is maddening. Seriously. Do you think the weather everywhere is the same as it is outside your door?

Another? What was the first?

You're in a forum espousing notions that merit criticism and continuing to hold to them in the face of actual, factual counter...ignorance actually is an excuse of sorts right up until it becomes not a want of information but an act of will.

The thing is...and I want to say this as gently as I can because you're an amiable enough fellow, but there's simply no excuse for conflating anecdote with a rule and stepping over facts when they don't conform to your expectation.

Only if you failed to follow the point.
I am seriously wondering now, if I had the wrong father? :think:

(i was never spoken to frankly, in that manner....hmmm)

Evoken

Would be nice to see some evidence to back up your claim that most women are raised to be misandrists. I am brother to five sisters, all of whom are adults by now (damn, don't they make me feel old) and none of them were raised in such a way.

Then again, going by your posts, to you a woman may as well be a misandrist if she is independent, confident and seeks to make something out of herself such as getting a job, pursuing a career or starting a business.

Evo

GFR7

That is a point. And I can see why you began a thread (in your usual abrasive manner you entitled it--- I mean that as a compliment as it is so characteristic :chuckle: )--- I have heard what spitfire said, that a crime done to a woman is a horror-- it done to a male, no big deal. And of course that can be said of some whites v blacks-- a crime only if done to the former........

GFR7

Would be nice to see some evidence to back up your claim that most women are raised to be misandrists. I am brother to five sisters, all of whom are adults by now (damn, don't they make me feel old) and none of them were raised in such a way.

Then again, going by your posts, to you a woman may as well be a misandrists if she is independent, confident and seeks to make something out of herself such as getting a job, pursuing a career or starting a business.

Evo
I hope you don't mean my posts. :think: Because that kind of woman, who would be very good and fair to males , is praise-worthy.

Arthur Brain

I believe there are more stupid women then stupid men :idunno:

Go ask an intelligent female, and there's a good chance she will say the same exact thing :chuckle:

Of course you do, despite the irony of you being a complete example of the latter...

:plain:

GFR7

What bad Williams' play? Your description says the New York area. Where was home, what state I mean?
Yes - i was born in Manhattan, raised in New York; then out to Los Angeles; back to New Jersey ....oh, you know his plays-- just because Williams was Southern and his plays set in the South, doesn't mean there cannot be the same goings-on up North - "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" and "Streetcar Named Desire"---everyone brilliant but neurotic and tragic---yelling and screaming, and uttering poetic cries of ruination like from some Greek drama. That was my background.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
I hate to say it, but the intelligent females I've known all had the same complaint.

Skybrngr- in your opinion, within this purview---where does this leave intelligent women? If they are outnumbered, feel frustrated about it (as my wife always did) and feel they don't make a difference because men don't really know they exist?
you obviously aren't just talking about "intelligence" either, as we see women become judges, lawyers, surgeons and they pass the same exams men do. It's something else- so what would you call it?

is it a flaw in nature, or did something go wrong socially? (not saying there are not very superior women, but the ratio does seem to be more skewed than in the other gender)...

Well there is scholastic intelligence, and then there is philosophical/rational intelligence.

I don't agree with females being judges because men tend to have more informed judgement on issues pertaining to morality and political affairs.
Such is why the prophets and apostles are male, and the biblical leaders are such as well.

That's not to say there's not one women fit to lead, but in truth, a lot of what one sees in high places with a woman in charge are there out of the stigma of feminism itself, not necessarily because they are the best.

This is especially true with court and police officials, but it's also true in, let's say, academics itself:

All the iconic, scientific/philosophical geniuses through history are all male, and where it was once thought that this was due to the lack of female education, it has not changed since they became equal in that.

The simple fact is that the interest and mastery, collectively of science and philosophy, rests with men.

We wrote the Bible. THE BIBLE.
'Nuff said :D

I think the reasoning for there being so many females generally less smart then men in this age is due to the simple fact that lot of women grow up with a natural inclination of, oddly enough, not desiring to be intelligent! They figure because they are female, they simply just don't need the complex mechanisms of the mind which men generally have.

More men then women have a natural inclination to hobbies and mechanical thinking, figuring out how things work, diving intuitively into anomalies and mystery, and so on.

In short, modern feminism is to blame for the stupidity of all those type of women.

Status
Not open for further replies.