Another wolf is marked/exposed/identified.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
KJV Only? reconsider....................

KJV Only? reconsider....................

Again, I only debate with, attempt to persuade, bible believers, of doctrinal issues, not bible correctors/agnostics/mystics, such as yourself.

Thats fine john :)

For my commentary and video sharing on the KJV-Only Controversy, go here :thumb:

john w

Hall of Fame
Thats fine john :)

For my commentary and video sharing on the KJV-Only Controversy, go here :thumb:

No thanks. I've forgotten more than you know, most living people know, on the KJVO issue, and I laugh, at people like you, who send links, thinking I've never seen these bible rejecting con jobs.

Again, I only debate with, attempt to persuade, bible believers, of doctrinal issues, not bible correctors/agnostics/mystics, such as yourself.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I wonder how much work you could do if you did, Saint John W. Would probably make them reconsider their sinful ways and repent.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No thanks. I've forgotten more than you know, most living people know, on the KJVO issue, and I laugh, at people like you, who send links, thinking I've never seen these bible rejecting con jobs.

Others have a right to the information to research it for themselves and draw their own conclusions, hence the sharing. Dr. James White I believe summarizes the KJV-Only issue amply ;)

Well thats mighty special of you.

My original address to your charge holds here.

Zeke

Translation from Zeke: Here is the scripture, that says, we no longer have the scriptures.

Prove, Zekie, that "the originals" were "inerrant."

Wayne Lamar Harrington: Here is an error filled document(s), and I will use it/them, to correct other "non inerrant" versions/translations, to arrive at perfection.

Another couple of clowns, in a parade of clowns,trying to correct scriptures, with corrupt scriptures, to arrive at this "theoretical" inerrant scripture.

Tell all of TOL, Zekie, how you would know that you were reading from the perfect, pure, right, sure, by definition, word of God? Well?

Zekie/Wayne Lamar Harrington:I do not believe in grass, but prove to me that it is green.

I've learned to ignore Jethro Bodine types, bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, like Zekie/Wayne Lamar Harrington, and only engage bible believers.

Poor Elmer Fudd Zekie.

The great paper worshiping saint John hasn't figured out Psalm 40:6 or 2Cor 3:6 yet, if you had you would know where the spiritual law and text is written.

I knew you wouldn't touch the Acts conversion con with the Galatians version from Paul himself, seeing the whole mid acts theory would fall into a dark pile of false teaching that it is.

marhig

I'm sorry for you. I have entered into His REST.

When I believed the Gospel, I was crucified with Christ. Nothing to do with my being "willing to die" or "losing my life". It was totally and completely an operation of God. Which is why we call it Salvation by Grace....God's Grace through the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ. God's Grace because of HIS obedience unto death (real death - not spiritual death).

Colossians 2:11-13
11-13 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Clearly you don't know that He is Risen. :nono:

What you don't realise, is that the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ, is death to self. It's having the ways of the flesh cut away and buried when we are baptised of the Spirit and as we are brought to life in God

And once we are dead to self we are buried with him in baptism being raised by the power of the Spirit, dead to self and our old life buried and brought from death to life by the power of the Spirit.

All of those verses are speaking of death to self and being raised with Christ.

And I do know he's risen, because I know that he's risen in me, and I know that my old life is gone and Christ is living through me, that I'm buried with Christ and he's helping me to overcome my flesh daily by the power of the Spirit.

Without God, I couldn't do what I'm doing, there's no way I could overcome. I'm a totally different person to what I was. I'm definitely dead to my old self, and that's only thanks to the living God and Christ Jesus.

glorydaz

What you don't realise, is that the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ, is death to self. It's having the ways of the flesh cut away and buried when we are baptised of the Spirit and as we are brought to life in God

And once we are dead to self we are buried with him in baptism being raised by the power of the Spirit, dead to self and our old life buried and brought from death to life by the power of the Spirit.

All of those verses are speaking of death to self and being raised with Christ.

And I do know he's risen, because I know that he's risen in me, and I know that my old life is gone and Christ is living through me, that I'm buried with Christ and he's helping me to overcome my flesh daily by the power of the Spirit.

Without God, I couldn't do what I'm doing, there's no way I could overcome. I'm a totally different person to what I was. I'm definitely dead to my old self, and that's only thanks to the living God and Christ Jesus.

I probably don't realize it because it's not what Paul says. Clearly you like to make scripture say what you think it says, instead of what it does say. :chuckle:

Paul tells us we are dead to sin. This is not an exhortation of what we must do, but of what has been done for us by the operation of God. Believe it, and you won't be having to pretend like you're being helped to do what Jesus Christ has already done.

Romans 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.​

marhig

I probably don't realize it because it's not what Paul says. Clearly you like to make scripture say what you think it says, instead of what it does say. :chuckle:

Paul tells us we are dead to sin. This is not an exhortation of what we must do, but of what has been done for us by the operation of God. Believe it, and you won't be having to pretend like you're being helped to do what Jesus Christ has already done.

Romans 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.​

And I agree with those verses, but you need to read Romans 6:2 again, it says how shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein. In other words once we are dead to sin, we should be turning from sin, not carry on wilfully sinning thinking we are saved regardless. We should be dead to our old life, and be born anew, living our lives to please the living God.

If we are dead to sin, then we will live daily by the will of God. Dead to sin is dead to self. And death to self means that we are put to death by power of the Spirit who helps us to turn from sin, being also quickened and brought to life, raised with Christ

And those who are dead to sin turn from sin and obey God.

And those who truly follow Jesus, live how he taught us to, and they live how he did and live right before God.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Acts, how much is embellished?

Acts, how much is embellished?

Wayne Lamar Harrington's dismantling of the Acts conversion of Paul compared to Galatians shows the inerrant stance is built on error like Acts Pauline conversion-.

Now if John wants to play scriptural bouncer he should be able to quickly dismantle Wayne's argument against his KJV inerrant claims.

Others are looking forward to that endeavor being accomplished.

Dr. Richard Carrier uses some previous scholarly work on Acts (shares the book sources) and expands on them in this presentation here, with Q & A afterwards -

glorydaz

And I agree with those verses, but you need to read Romans 6:2 again, it says how shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein. In other words once we are dead to sin, we should be turning from sin, not carry on wilfully sinning thinking we are saved regardless. We should be dead to our old life, and be born anew, living our lives to please the living God.

Very odd, since I've never met a member of the body of Christ who willfully sins. In fact, I've never known any member of the body of Christ who is as taken up with sin as you carnal folks are.

"We should be dead to our old life....". What, your confidence is still in the flesh? You don't believe God is able to perform what He has promised? :think:

If we are dead to sin, then we will live daily by the will of God. Dead to sin is dead to self. And death to self means that we are put to death by power of the Spirit who helps us to turn from sin, being also quickened and brought to life, raised with Christ

Quite the fancy attempt at sermonizing right there. :chuckle:

Dead to sin is not dead to self.

And those who truly follow Jesus, live how he taught us to, and they live how he did and live right before God.

Dead to sin does not mean turning from sin.

Sadly, you have a lot of religious speak, but it's without the power of truth...because you make it up as you go along.

john w

Hall of Fame
Others have a right to the information to research it for themselves and draw their own conclusions, hence the sharing. Dr. James White I believe summarizes the KJV-Only issue amply ;)

Well thats mighty special of you.

My original address to your charge holds here.

Prove "Originals Only-ism," "Errors Only-ism."

I thought so.

Another bible corrector/agnostic/mystic,in contrast to a bible believer, is exposed.

Thanks for the concession speech.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

I'm baffled that anyone cant see that Paul while figuratively teaching being 'dead to sin' by some identification with Christ, ALSO IMPLIES that such an event is then needed to be APPLIED to one's life, in order that this death to sin is a reality, so that one could then walk in the Spirit and DO the Will of God. That in fact is HOW you crucify the flesh. I mean, isnt that the whole friggin point? I mean gadzooks. - if you dont believe that, and that this 'God' of the book STILL commands his people to be 'holy' as he is 'holy', then all you believe is an intellectual concept that by just some easy believism or confession you can have salvation by some process of hypothetical 'osmosis' or faith-magic, and that gives you a free ticket to Paradise. I mean, this stuff is really mind-blowing.

In this case, James teaching excels Paul's, because it represents the complete picture of faith and works, and is most accordant to logic and reason, since no matter what kind of soteriology you propose...it still holds that "faith without works is dead". Faith is essential yes, but it is only efficacious when it produces ACTION, and when YOU as a branch of the living vine, begin to bear Christ-fuits! Again, this stuff is mind-boggling......

john w

Hall of Fame
The great paper worshiping saint John...

The old reliable "paper worshiping" technique, eh, bible corrector/mystic/agnostic? Wow!The great bible corrector/rejector/mystic/agnostic just bamboozled me!!! How long did it take you to GOOD/Bing that cliche, loser Zekie, as you floored us bible believers all, as we have never heard that "argument" before, until you spammed it? !!! That's it, you loser? That is your best volley? Tell me you have more. Please?

No, you vile bible rejector, devil boy, bible mystic/agnostic, as you would have no objective knowledge, NADA, about the true LORD God of the bible, and His Christ, w/o the book, by which He is revealed. It's called objective revelation, via objective words, you mutt, you engager in sophistry. 'worshiping," loser, would be worshiping the rock, papyrus, pages, 'paper," upon which the words were engraved, you pathetic punk. No, we esteem the very words, loser, of the LORD God, which you despise, not the "paper." upon which you roll your joints.You call that "bible worship, "idolatry," which is a code name for a "subtil"(Genesis 3 KJV) "doctrine" of hating the word of God, replacing it with your subjectivism, and pseudo-"intellectualism"/"scholarship," to lord over others, your addiction, and asserting, "I don't study the book's own testimony about itself, so, being the biblical buffoon that I am, I will just throw up another cliche, that I read in a book, on the net, on another bible rejecting agnostic/mystic sight, and I will be just fine.....Professor Judas tells me so."

No, punk, the Holy Bible also testifies of the praise, the reverence, the esteem,the respect, the awe we are commanded to have for the word of God:

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food." Job 23:12 KJV

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalms 56:4 KJV

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word." Psalms 56:10 KJV

"Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word." Psalms 119:161KJV

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Isaiah KJV 66:2

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:....." Acts 13:48 KJV

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:..." 2 Thes. 3:1 KJV

Tell us, Zekie....Are the above scriptures, one of the many "errant," in error, scriptures?

Well, junkie?

Members of the boc esteem, praise, magnify, and glorify what the LORD God esteems, praises, magnifies, and glorifies, and at which he demands that we trembleth at, and which He magnifies, above over His name-His word. In contrast, you, devil worshiper, cliche that as "bible worship, idolatry," you satanic punk.

hasn't figured out Psalm 40:6 or 2Cor 3:6 yet, if you had you would know where the spiritual law and text is written.

Prove that the Psalm 40:6, 2 Cor. 3:6 KJV text, you cite, is "inerrant."

You need to fold, punk, as you are not in my league.
I knew you wouldn't touch the Acts conversion con with the Galatians version from Paul himself, seeing the whole mid acts theory would fall into a dark pile of false teaching that it is.

Nice change the argument, from your bible correcting, bible rejecting agnosticism, mysticism, to Mid Acts. That is slick, devil boy, real slick...As slick as an eel, slithering down a toilet.

I thought so.

Another bible corrector/agnostic/mystic,in contrast to a bible believer, is exposed.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just because something is in the Bible does not make it true, neither does the Bible contain the totality or finality of truth, since no religious book could, although some books are more useful than others.
Moonbeams.

Sigh.

AMR

glorydaz

I'm baffled that anyone cant see that Paul while figuratively teaching being 'dead to sin' by some identification with Christ, ALSO IMPLIES that such an event is then needed to be APPLIED to one's life, in order that this death to sin is a reality, so that one could then walk in the Spirit and DO the Will of God. That in fact is HOW you crucify the flesh. I mean, isnt that the whole friggin point? I mean gadzooks. - if you dont believe that, and that this 'God' of the book STILL commands his people to be 'holy' as he is 'holy', then all you believe is an intellectual concept that by just some easy believism or confession you can have salvation by some process of hypothetical 'osmosis' or faith-magic, and that gives you a free ticket to Paradise. I mean, this stuff is really mind-blowing.

In this case, James teaching excels Paul's, because it represents the complete picture of faith and works, and is most accordant to logic and reason, since no matter what kind of soteriology you propose...it still holds that "faith without works is dead". Faith is essential yes, but it is only efficacious when it produces ACTION, and when YOU as a branch of the living vine, begin to bear Christ-fuits! Again, this stuff is mind-boggling......

Then your faith is in yourself. That's the same problem the Jews had. :chew:

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

john w

Hall of Fame

Fine. Sell all you have, raise the dead, show yourself to a Levitical priest, walk on water, raise the dead.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(goes on for two more pages.)

You fraud.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the big bad wolf if gonna getcha! lol........

the big bad wolf if gonna getcha! lol........

My commentary and video resources here hold on the subject. We'll agree to disagree about the extreme KJV-Only belief, one that many reject as unnecessary. Any student of scripture avails himself to all available manuscripts and gleans therefrom, not just from just one translation, really a transcription taken from a limited number of manuscripts and translations available in the 17th century. We've come of age, and found more manuscripts for a more complete picture.

A belief in KJV-Onlyism is unnecessary and unprofitable IMO. Its a classic 'translation' of the Bible as far it goes, but not the most perfect, neither does such a 'translation' need to be worshipped as a golden calf. (another form of bibliolatry).

I've been a free voice here of my own theological views and philosophical explorations for many years,...my 'theology' and its liberal eclectic approach is far from 'secret' or 'hidden'. There could not be an 'expose' on me lol - I do realize thats part of your 'peanut gallery' shot gun approach to shoot down a perceived enemy, adding some typical ad hominems too, but it wont work on me. Thats why I responded to defend marhig by due reason, to help the 'underdog' in a sweep of dogmatic terrorism on your part, perhaps revealing who the real 'big bad wolf' is here. (now whose exposed?).

Oh, you'll get more than that, pending your tactics in dialogue.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Then your faith is in yourself. That's the same problem the Jews had. :chew:

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

No, its not complicated, neither is there just some theological formula of salvation to just give mental assent to to effect some magical salvation. If I have real faith, and the Spirit of God is inspiring, leading, guiding my life,...I will walk according to his law, live a principled life, living a life that does not transgress his ways, DOING HIS WILL, serving the Spirit. Thats the whole point. No one is denying Pauls writing on this, but it needs to be put into proper perspective, within the greater context of religious living, how this becomes practical or efficacious in our own lives. Therefore, I find nothing wrong with the general sentiment shared by marhig, and have presented a smiliar commentary for years here. Nothing new or surprising. Christ comes to transform lives, not just offers some vicarious salvation. There is so much more in the greater equation.