Another wolf is marked/exposed/identified.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Continuing a civil dialogue......

Continuing a civil dialogue......

No, in what you call "easy believism," believing that that all the LORD God requires from rotten, dirty, no good, undeserving sinners, is that they shut their self righteous mouths, and admit their guilt, "every mouth that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God," that they have sinned,in what they do, don't do, in what they think, and what they don't think, and thus "come short of the glory of God,"(Romans 3:19-23 KJV), and they accept the only, sole provision provided by the LORD God, the dbr of the Lord Jesus Christ, as the sole solution to the sin/sins, issue,"justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus(Romans 3:24 KJV)," as a free, "no strings attached" gift(by definition=survey Ephesians 2:8 KJV, Romans 6:3 KJV),is not "easy," as you muse, as it is the most difficult thing for the self righteous man/woman to undertake, because of pride, and their failure to understand their dire condition, their failure to understand that just being a "more cleaner rat" than their fellow rats, "does not cut it," as the #1 attribute of the LORD God, in the book, is his holiness(survey Isaiah), and thus, their "easy workism," is actually quite "easy," to the self righteous, "pull yourself by your own apron springs, self efforts,"and explains why most are lost.

No, God the Father, will not allow the most beautiful person to ever walk this grave yard, witness His only begotten Son to be mocked, spit upon, beaten, whipped, have his beard torn off, and then crucified, and then be questioned, spitefully insulted, by you self righteous rats, who compare each other with themselves, instead of the standard of righteousness, the Lord Jesus Christ, "the righteousness of God," with your,"How much do I owe you for this gift, as I do not want this 'easy believism'!!!!!!!!Look at my work, instead of the Saviour!!! I deserve it!!! I deserve a gift of God, eternal life, by what I do!!!!!!!!?"

No, "easy workism"..............

This brilliant post, is "Post Of The Year."

I think an extreme penchant towards villianizing the human condition and emphasizing depravity is in hand here, when its not necessary, as the scriptures also tell of persons being 'righteous', living holy lives of devottion, and being 'without guile'. The God of the OT also clearly says that men are able to keep his law, and choose life. The response of man is always within the providence of God to ensure his blessing. (we also understand that God empowers this trust by giving a new heart and spirit, transforming the soul).

Paul quotes some of the verses in the OT about 'none being righteous' but these are just literary allusions or exaggerations to make a point in his discourse (to support his own commentary), but there is no proof or evidence of 'original sin' beyond man's natural potential by free will to 'miss the mark',...and since we have free will, and a proclivity towards selfishness, the whole spectrum of 'good' and 'evil' can be experienced by humanity. Paul quotes other passages out of context to give his discourse some kind of credibility.

We would also remind you that traditional Orthodox Judaism does not teach or espouse a concept of 'Original Sin', and they are more apt to know their own scriptures apart from Christian innovations. - see -

Are Men Born Sinners?
The Myth of Original Sin

A balanced view is essential here, since 'God' does call for men to 'respond' and 'change their mind' (repent) and to 'follow' his ways. One cannot deny that there is some 'self-effort' and 'choice' involved here, all within the provision of grace of course. It is the extreme view held by some or believed to be held, that one can have free license to 'sin' and still be covered by some theoritical 'atonement' because Jesus already paid for your sins, that is a contorted and irresponsible belief, because no matter one's belief or 'faith',...one still reaps what he sows and by the law of karma (actions and their results), all thoughts, words and actions have consequences (however these are ultiimately mediated, they must be resolved, absolved, recompensed). All 'choices' have their effects. This is a universal law, (I use the word 'karma' in its truest sense, meaning 'action' and their corresponding effects) no matter what kind of 'soteriology' you espouse. There are most complex levels within the greater equation but these points are pertinent.

I take on 'Way 2 go' as he calls out my commentary on karma here :)

You will further note that in Revelation, there are rewards and penalties given for our works, we will receive the recompense of our choices to choose God or not, and all souls are judged 'according to their works'. Rewards are given to 'those who overcome'. One does not overcome by some magical osmosis or some credit given to them from some cosmic bank account, one's own choice and effort is involved in co-operating with the grace given, so that by such a marriage, the soul and God are partners in the partaking of his provision.

Original Sin dogma has probably done much damage, instead of recognizing the divine good and potential God has created us with already, by origination and our potential to become more like God. In this case, I recommmend Matthew Fox's book, 'Original Blessing' to offset some of the negatives given by Original Sin doctrine. - this gesture to appreciate original goodness does not discount the grace of God in anyway, but accentuates it, and gives a more ennobled view of man who is God's creation, uplifting the whole of creation in that context.

john w

Hall of Fame
I take on 'Way 2 go' as he calls out my commentary on karma here...

Oh.

Translated:

junkie-smoking-bong-picture-id108268800

Slower...I only engage in doctrinal debates, with bible believers. Move on, bible rejector/corrector/mystic/agnostic.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
logos love bytes........

logos love bytes........

There you go, folks, from this admitted bible rejecting/correcting, bible mystic/agnostic, as believing every word of the book, the mutt characterizes as "unneccessary and unprofitable." The Lord Jesus Christ never talked like you. The devil talks like you-you talk like him.

Again, the extreme belief of biblical inerrancy or infallibility is unnecessary for one to still appreciate and use a religious book for instruction, edification, guidance, etc. Such a dogma is not necessary, neither is it necessarily held by Jesus. Jesus was more concerned with every jot and tittle being 'fulfilled' by one realizing the kingdom of heaven in his own heart, within a living community, in relationship with God.

Who talks like the Lord Jesus Christ re. "What saith the Scriptures, about themselves"-me, or you? Rhetorical q.

Of course Jesus honored the OT, - how much of the OT do you honor and keep? - remember Jesus said if you keep the 10 commandments (whatever was listed in that passage or indicated), the essentials...you will enter the kingdom, or you are not far therefrom. "if you would enter into life, keep the commandments". - did Jesus say this?

Prove "Originals Only-ism"-chapter, verse.

Prove "Errors Only-ism"-chapter, verse.

Prove "Any version/translation will do ism"-chapter, verse.

Chapter, verse, that testifies to your satanic, made up humanist "argument," that a translation cannot be "is given by inspiration."

Already shared my supports for the rejection of an extreme KJV-Only belief. A student is fitted to study the whole of manuscripts and commentaries available in bible study or textual criticism, not just hold to one 'version' as some absolute perfect 'translation'. Lets be reasonable. - in any study we compare all texts and make the best analysis and interpretation from the total.

Chapter, verse, that allows you to revise/change, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God...," to "All scripture was given by inspiration of God...." i.e., an expired bible.

That verse does not prove some kind of 'inerrancy' or 'infallibility' of scripture, it merely afffirms its inspiration. Note I've not denied any inspiration to the Bible or any other religious writings for that matter. There is always to account for human invention, interpolation, mythologizing, embellishments in such writings which may bring in distortion however. To deny such is to basically arrest reason and accept a grid-lock of blind faith upon something just because it has some kind of traditional sanction upon it.

The word of God is living, the logos is not limited to any written text only, it is a living word communicated by the Spirit on all levels, in all dimensions. Interpretation or translations will differ, but the substance, meaning and value will universally hold, as far as essentials go.

Ah....The mantra of bible correctors/rejectors/mystics/agnostics, as they compare notes with each other on this theoretical bible, that their impotent "god" they allegedly worship, is as much a moron as themselves, as, although He created the universe, raises the dead,..................He just could not see to it to not only communicate His scripture, but also preserve it, w/o error, even though scripture, by definition, has no errors, as the forces of the sun/heat, rain, cold, wind, sand, overpowered Him, as He lost His masterpiece, and now, He is beholden to His creatures, to "hep" Him recover it, or at least an "almost scripture," as they throw up their handy dandy "trump card" of "Bible/paper worshipers/to be worshipped as a golden calf. (another form of bibliolatry."

Yes, that is real scriptural, freebaser. Oh, yes...You don't have the scriptures, by your own admission.

Poor freebaser.

See previous.

Listen up, all you wicked bible rejectors: Who talked you out of your faith in the book? It certainly was not the LORD God. Guess who? And know that you would have no objective knowledge, re. the true LORD God, the Christ, w/o the written(scripture-get it, morons?),by which He chose to reveal Himself-NONE.

I never denied the utility and integral place religious writings have within any given religion. It is the extreme effort to make a human document and collection of books as 'inerrant/infallible' that is the problem, a misdirected endeavor IMO. Meaning, value and inspiration can be derived from many different religious writings...as the spirit itself informs, inspires and enlightens.

And, as told your fellow critic, stooge Zekie-The old reliable "paper worshiping" technique,which you characterize as "to be worshipped as a golden calf. (another form of bibliolatry," eh, bible corrector/mystic/agnostic? Wow!Another bible corrector/rejector/mystic/agnostic just bamboozled me!!! How long did it take you to GOOD/Bing that cliche, loser freebaser, as you floored us bible believers all, as we have never heard that "argument" before, until you spammed it? !!! That's it, you loser? That is your best volley? Tell me you have more. Please? Compare notes with Zekie? Surfed the net, did you? Stunning.

No, you vile bible rejector, devil boy, bible mystic/agnostic, again, as you would have no objective knowledge, NADA, about the true LORD God of the bible, and His Christ, w/o the book, by which He is revealed. It's called objective revelation, via objective words, you mutt, you engager in sophistry. "worshiping," "bibliolatry," loser, would be worshiping the rock, papyrus, pages, "paper," upon which the words were engraved, you pathetic punks. No, we esteem, praise, magnify, glorify, the very words, loser, of the LORD God, as He commands, which you despise, not the "paper," upon which you roll your joints.You, since your a humanist, not surveying, scripture's own testimony, about itself, call that "bible worship, ","idolatry," "bibliolatry," which is a code name for a "subtil"(Genesis 3 KJV) "doctrine" of hating the word of God, replacing it with your subjectivism, and pseudo-"intellectualism"/"scholarship," to lord over others, your addiction, and asserting, "I don't study the book's own testimony about itself, so, being the biblical buffoon that I am, I will just throw up another cliche, that I read in a book, on the net, on another bible rejecting agnostic/mystic sight, and I will be just fine.....Professor Judas tells me so."

Rant break :)

No, punk, the Holy Bible also testifies of the praise, the reverence, the esteem,the respect, the awe we are commanded to have for the word of God:

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food." Job 23:12 KJV

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalms 56:4 KJV

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word." Psalms 56:10 KJV

"Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word." Psalms 119:161KJV

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Isaiah KJV 66:2

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:....." Acts 13:48 KJV

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:..." 2 Thes. 3:1 KJV

Tell us, freebaser....Are the above scriptures, one of the many "errant," in error, scriptures?

Well,punk?

The word of God insomuch as it is pure and true, is life-giving. I've never denied that, only dogmatic beliefs about it, and claims of exclusivity of any one given viewpoint. You cant put 'God', much less the INFINITE into a 'box'.

Members of the boc esteem, praise, magnify, and glorify what the LORD God esteems, praises, magnifies, and glorifies, and at which he demands that we trembleth at, be in awe of, and which He magnifies, above over His name-His word. In contrast, you, devil worshiper, cliche that as "bible worship, bibliolatry," you satanic punk.

Lots of name-calling there which is unnecessary, but does show in which spirit and character your 'zeal' (however chosen or misplaced) is revealed :) - we'll forgive ya.

Another bible corrector/agnostic/mystic,in contrast to a bible believer, is exposed.

Those who know me here for many years know there is not much to 'expose' as I've been very expressive of my theology, and its ever evolving. I try to take a creative innovate approach, since revelation is progressive.

john w

Hall of Fame
Again, the extreme belief of biblical inerrancy or infallibility is unnecessary for one to still appreciate and use a religious book for instruction, edification, guidance, etc. Such a dogma is not necessary, neither is it necessarily held by Jesus. Jesus was more concerned with every jot and tittle being 'fulfilled' by one realizing the kingdom of heaven in his own heart, within a living community, in relationship with God.
Non responsive, evasion, of your argument:

Chapter, verse, that testifies to your satanic, made up humanist "argument," that a translation cannot be "is given by inspiration."

john w

Hall of Fame
Of course Jesus honored the OT, - how much of the OT do you honor and keep? - remember Jesus said if you keep the 10 commandments (whatever was listed in that passage or indicated), the essentials...you will enter the kingdom, or you are not far therefrom. "if you would enter into life, keep the commandments". - did Jesus say this?

Non responsive, misdirection.

Who talks like the Lord Jesus Christ re. "What saith the Scriptures, about themselves"-me, or you? Rhetorical q.

popsthebuilder

Already shared my supports for the rejection of an extreme KJV-Only belief. A student is fitted to study the whole of manuscripts and commentaries available in bible study or textual criticism, not just hold to one 'version' as some absolute perfect 'translation'. Lets be reasonable. - in any study we compare all texts and make the best analysis and interpretation from the total.

That verse does not prove some kind of 'inerrancy' or 'infallibility' of scripture, it merely afffirms its inspiration. Note I've not denied any inspiration to the Bible or any other religious writings for that matter. There is always to account for human invention, interpolation, mythologizing, embellishments in such writings which may bring in distortion however. To deny such is to basically arrest reason and accept a grid-lock of blind faith upon something just because it has some kind of traditional sanction upon it.

The word of God is living, the logos is not limited to any written text only, it is a living word communicated by the Spirit on all levels, in all dimensions. Interpretation or translations will differ, but the substance, meaning and value will universally hold, as far as essentials go.

See previous.

I never denied the utility and integral place religious writings have within any given religion. It is the extreme effort to make a human document and collection of books as 'inerrant/infallible' that is the problem, a misdirected endeavor IMO. Meaning, value and inspiration can be derived from many different religious writings...as the spirit itself informs, inspires and enlightens.

Rant break :)

The word of God insomuch as it is pure and true, is life-giving. I've never denied that, only dogmatic beliefs about it, and claims of exclusivity of any one given viewpoint. You cant put 'God', much less the INFINITE into a 'box'.

Lots of name-calling there which is unnecessary, but does show in which spirit and character your 'zeal' (however chosen or misplaced) is revealed :) - we'll forgive ya.

Those who know me here for many years know there is not much to 'expose' as I've been very expressive of my theology, and its ever evolving. I try to take a creative innovate approach, since revelation is progressive.
Well put.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

john w

Hall of Fame

Irrelevant that you reject this alleged "extreme" KJV-only belief. Evasion.

john w

Hall of Fame

Misdirection.

Chapter, verse, that allows you to revise/change, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God...," to "All scripture was given by inspiration of God...." i.e., an expired bible.

john w

Hall of Fame

Identify this perfect, pure, sure, true, right word of God, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. Where can we get a copy?

john w

Hall of Fame

Evasion, psychobabble.

Listen up, all you wicked bible rejectors: Who talked you out of your faith in the book? It certainly was not the LORD God. Guess who? And know that you would have no objective knowledge, re. the true LORD God, the Christ, w/o the written(scripture-get it, morons?),by which He chose to reveal Himself-NONE.

john w

Hall of Fame

Evasion, psychobabble-" insomuch as it is pure and true,"=almost pregnant, almost alive, almost dead.................

Vs. the book's testimony:

The Holy Bible is without error-it is perfect. This is scripture's testimony., its "witness":

"How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?" Job 6:25 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." 2 Samuel 22:31 KJV

"And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth." 1 Kings 17:24 KJV

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." Psalms 12:6 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him." Psalms 18:30 KJV

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." Psalms 19:7 KJV

"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psalms 33:4 KJV

"Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it." Psalms 119:140

"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments." Psalms 119:43 KJV

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." Psalms 119:160 KJV

"Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" Proverbs 22:20-21 KJV

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Proverbs 30:5 KJV

"...the scripture of truth...." Daniel 10:21 KJV

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:17 KJV

"But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV

"By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,..." 2 Corinthians 6:7 KJV

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,..." Ephesians 1:13 KJV

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe." 1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV

"...the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." James 1:18 KJV

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23 KJV

You cant put 'God', much less the INFINITE into a 'box'.

It was only a matter of time that he spammed that worn out cliche, from his talk show, humanist brain. No, punk, the word of God is to put you in a box, it is to correct you, not vice verse.

Pathetic.

popsthebuilder

Evasion, psychobabble-" insomuch as it is pure and true,"=almost pregnant, almost alive, almost dead.................

Vs. the book's testimony:

The Holy Bible is without error-it is perfect. This is scripture's testimony., its "witness":

"How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?" Job 6:25 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." 2 Samuel 22:31 KJV

"And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth." 1 Kings 17:24 KJV

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." Psalms 12:6 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him." Psalms 18:30 KJV

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." Psalms 19:7 KJV

"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psalms 33:4 KJV

"Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it." Psalms 119:140

"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments." Psalms 119:43 KJV

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." Psalms 119:160 KJV

"Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" Proverbs 22:20-21 KJV

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Proverbs 30:5 KJV

"...the scripture of truth...." Daniel 10:21 KJV

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:17 KJV

"But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV

"By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,..." 2 Corinthians 6:7 KJV

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,..." Ephesians 1:13 KJV

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe." 1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV

"...the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." James 1:18 KJV

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23 KJV

It was only a matter of time that he spammed that worn out cliche, from his talk show, humanist brain. No, punk, the word of God is to put you in a box, it is to correct you, not vice verse.

Pathetic.
You almost seem to be equating/ limiting Christ to words written by men inspired by GOD to varied degrees.

popsthebuilder

You always seem to be high.My evidence? The above convoluted jazz.
That seems to be your dismissal for all whom you rather redirect. That or alcohol....addiction that alters the chemicals of the brain. Why not throw perscriptions that are misused and over perscribed?

john w

Hall of Fame
That seems to be your dismissal for all whom you rather redirect. That or alcohol....addiction that alters the chemicals of the brain. Why not throw perscriptions that are misused and over perscribed?

"perscriptions that are misused and over perscribed?"

Sober up, get off the Mary Jane...Then, you will be able to spell......

Can you dig it, Jethro?

popsthebuilder

"perscriptions that are misused and over perscribed?"

Sober up, get off the Mary Jane...Then, you will be able to spell......

Can you dig it, Jethro?
And that's it folks; what passes for intellect around these parts.

You might have some sort of point if you didn't understand what it was I had meant; but that isn't the case.

glorydaz

I thought that you believed that all your sins, past present and future are forgiven?

All transgressions are forgiven when we believe the Gospel. All means all.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;​

Why believe that if you never sin? Or are using Jesus again to say that he's covered all your sins for you so God can't see your sin? which is nonsense!

I know it's tempting to say something is nonsense when you don't understand, but that doesn't make it so. Forgiven means exactly what it says. When God forgives sin, it's because sin was paid for...in full....by Christ's death on the Cross, and sins are forgiven those who believe. Those who don't believe will die in their sins.

Dead to self is dead to our old self, dead to our old ways and sins and living by the will of God.

There's that "dead to self" claim again. If you're speaking of this text, you certainly have missed the mark by claiming you must do anything.

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

We will still sin, but we shouldn't be wilfully sinning. That should be being put to death by the Spirit. As we become stronger in God, it should become harder to wilfully sin, to the point that we can't do it as we walk in the Spirit and grow in God. If we are weak then we will live by the lusts of our flesh and God won't remain with those who choose their flesh before him. Jesus Christ came as our perfect example to follow, so we should follow that example and live how he taught us to live before God.

That paragraph makes it plain as day that you are still in the flesh. In spite of all your "religious" parroting, you give yourself away. As if the not real blood and not real cross wasn't enough. :chuckle:

Sin is transgression of the Law, and believers have been delivered from the Law. Romans 7:6 Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness for those who believe. Romans 10:4 You're taken up with sin....living in the flesh as you are. Laboring in the flesh to do what you can never do in the flesh.

If you don't start listening, there is no point in even wasting time on you. :nono:

glorydaz

And that's it folks; what passes for intellect around these parts.

You might have some sort of point if you didn't understand what it was I had meant; but that isn't the case.

Looks to me like he's responding in kind. You need to stop....put off your silly pride....and learn instead of whine.