A woodshed pledge

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tell you what, I'll make a cub reporter thread, of course not copying your theme. It will discourage frivolous reports and encourage valid ones.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps you should fire up the cub reporter thread again to discourage frivolous reports. There seems to be a lot of them lately.

I don't follow that thread. Thank you for acknowledging that there are way too many petty complaints filed.

Can we both agree that nobody likes a tattletale?

tattletale-150x150.gif

http://www.bridgitsmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/tattletale-150x150.gif

Come on people, sign the petition and make a pledge to not be one of those people that nobody likes!

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are no frivolous infractions, only frivolous people and frivolous actions.

Except for this one time...but that's another story. :angel:
Oh puleeze! Way too many "unnecessarily disruptive" and far too many "intentional blasphemy" infractions. And ... you can't even call the opinion of a mod retarded without getting slapped for disrespect!

bybee

Oh puleeze! Way too many "unnecessarily disruptive" and far too many "intentional blasphemy" infractions. And ... you can't even call the opinion of a mod retarded without getting slapped for disrespect!

But then, you don't call the shots here nor run the show.
You seem to have adjusted nicely to the restrictions of the board.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It IS disrespectful. What part of that do you not understand? Oh that's right ... you believe your lifetime membership is a green light for ignoring the rules.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
It IS disrespectful. What part of that do you not understand? Oh that's right ... you believe your lifetime membership is a green light for ignoring the rules.
now that is a retarded post. :) When a mod posts opinion it should be just like any other member posting an opinion. Criticizing it is not disrespecting the mod in his/her capacity as a mod.

bybee

now that is a retarded post. :) When a mod posts opinion it should be just like any other member posting an opinion. Criticizing it is not disrespecting the mod in his/her capacity as a mod.

I agree. Of course I enjoy creative :argue: responses!

bybee

Well, it doesn't really rise to the description of intelligent repartee....

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I hate it when I see people constantly reporting policy violations for petty little things. Granted, there are legitimate reasons for banning someone (death threats, blatant profanity), but I would like to see more restraint on reporting policy violations, especially from those who seem to overuse it (I won't name any names).

Therefore I am starting a petition and encouraging other TOL'ers to use the utmost restraint when it comes to the woodshed.

Here's the petition, sign it if you agree with it and stick by your word.

I agree that an internet forum is for open debate and therefore will not report anyone for petty things.

1). aCultureWarrior

Of course. Who needs discipline anyway?
So I agree that there is no need for many of the rules on this forum: petty things arise from petty rules; and we should petition Knight to delete most of them. We should really rely on the goodwill of everyone and after all we are pretty much a great bunch here. And besides all the really petty complaints are directed at aCW, not anyone else, so the only really unhappy person in the forum would become happy again and that would make the whole forum happy.
In fact, how about we petition him to make you the new owner of the forum and everything would be even better!
Anyone?

No, didn't think so.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So I agree that there is no need for many of the rules on this forum: petty things arise from petty rules; and we should petition Knight to delete most of them. We should really rely on the goodwill of everyone and after all we are pretty much a great bunch here. And besides all the really petty complaints are directed at aCW, not anyone else, so the only really unhappy person in the forum would become happy again and that would make the whole forum happy.
In fact, how about we petition him to make you the new owner of the forum and everything would be even better!
Anyone?

No, didn't think so.
I just love this place!!!!!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Reading your defense of sexual perversion in another thread of mine, you could use a huge dose of it.

Anyone?

No, didn't think so.

Now that you've bloviated (but then that's what Desert Reign does best), the sole purpose of this thread is for people to make a personal commitment in front of other TOL'ers not to use the woodshed for petty (usually personal) reasons.

Believe me, some Libertarians are derailing another thread of mine and I would like nothing more than to have them silenced, but I just sit back and let them make fools out of themselves:

Because that's what Libertarians are.

Sign the pledge DR, make a commitment to do something right.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the sole purpose of this thread is for people to make a personal commitment in front of other TOL'ers not to use the woodshed for petty (usually personal) reasons.
I don't need no stinking 'personal commitment in front of other TOL'ers' to not report petty stuff.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't need no stinking 'personal commitment in front of other TOL'ers' to not report petty stuff.

I rarely if ever see your name in the tattletale column, so this thread really doesn't apply to you.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your usual words of wisdom with us though.