A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

Who exactly are God's People ? Those He foreknew! 3

Who exactly are God's People ? Those He foreknew! 3

This knowing or foreknowing involves God's Special Choice of a People as indicated here Amos 3:2

2 You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

Cop with Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

And here we observe that God's Choice of a People is governed by His Love for them, and so that should tell us who they are in Jn 3:16. So now we can see the link between God's Knowing / Foreknowing a People or Christ also since He is God, and will be speaking as such in Matt 7:23, We therefore see the connection between Him knowing a Person or People and Him Loving them Amos 3:2; Deut 7:6-7, hence God's Love, Choice nd Knowing.

So in essence, Jesus the God Man is telling those in Matt 7:23, I never loved you, I never chose you !

TY Brother for this excellent 3-part series:

WHO EXACTLY ARE GOD'S PEOPLE ? THOSE HE FOREKNEW!

Nanja

The Church !

The Church !

The word church in the greek signifies called out, for the church is called out or separated from the rest of mankind or the world, that world which lieth in wickedness 1 Jn 5:19

19 And we[The Church] know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

They [The Church ] are the ones whom God by His Spirit separates from darkness Acts 26:18; Col 1:13, and especially its seen here 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Thats the church called [kaleō] out of [ek]

You put them together you have the word ekklesia which is the word church !

So the church can be called a chosen people, a royal priesthood, an Holy Nation, a peculiar people !

Now all these apply to Israel Ex 19:5,6.

So those called out of darkness into marvelous light constitutes the Church, and the called out here as indicated were typified under old covenant Israel Ex 19:6, in fact they were even called by the Spirit the church in the wilderness Acts 7:38

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Now understand this, the church in the wilderness was the seed of Abraham, a separated people from the rest of the nations of the world, for Stephen even begins His sermon with Abraham being called out Acts 7:2-3

2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,

3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.

And this is the beginning of the official outward formation of the church, the called out ones, and this call came to Abraham as an Gentile or as Paul says in Uncircumcision Rom 4:9-13

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

So its the Seed of Abraham that is the Church, the called out ones, and all who are called by Christ that are Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So the church in the wilderness which was Abraham's Seed, is the Church in the New Covenant that is Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29, the big difference now being, the church under the Old Covenant of Abraham's seed was primarily comprised of Abraham's physical seed who had been given Faith in Christ as he had been given [Jn 8:56], whereas under the New Covenant, it consist more of Abraham's non jewish seed of the gentiles who have been given faith in Christ. Lets remember that Ishmael was also Abraham's physical seed, and he was circumcised because that pictured a deeper truth Gen 17:22-25

22 And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.

23 And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.

24 And Abraham was ninety years old and nine, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.

25 And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.

The message is this, that Abraham would be given a spiritual seed called out of both jews and gentiles alike, and they are simply the called as here Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called[Seed of Abraham], not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Even though this called people are from out among jew and gentile, its still restricted to Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29.

That Abraham has this exclusive Seed or Offspring from amongst all nations, not just one [national israel] is clear from God's word here when He changed his name from Abram to Abraham Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

So technically his Name Abraham should be more connected to him being a Father of many nations more so to just one !

It cannot be made any more plainer that God made Abraham the Father of a Seed that comprised a multitude of nations, which included national Israel, but not limited to. And Paul interprets that here Rom 4:16-18

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

and thats the whole Church, called out of darkness, into the Marvelous light of God's Kingdom of His Dear Son Col 1:13, who by the way is Abraham's Seed. Matt 8:11

And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Thats Abraham's Seed, the Church/called out ones, God's Israel from all nations !
Amen Brother, excellent teaching in the Word !

Nanja

Now God's Israel under the Old Covenant was mostly comprised of Abraham's Physical seed [who had been born again] and ever so often a gentile was grafted in like a Rahab and a Ruth, however now under the New Covenant, God's Israel is mostly comprised of Gentiles, whom with Abraham's physical seed being grafted in ever so often, however with either, God's Israel is not a mere physical or ethnic people, but always has been a spiritual People, Those who worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. Ps 51:6

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Ps 73:1

Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart. Or pure heart.

We should know by this, Israel in view is the regenerated, one with a New Heart !
Absolutely Brother, Rom. 2:29 !

Last edited:

Nanja

Israel are the Children of Promise !

Israel are the Children of Promise !

Rom 9:6-8

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

They are this Seed Isa 45:25

In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Everyone being deceived thinks this Seed of Israel are the physical descendants of Abraham, but its not, no they are Abraham's Children of Promise which are the Seed of Israel that shall be Justified in the Lord Jesus Christ.

In Genesis 22:16-17

16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

After Abraham passed the Test given him by God to sacrifice the Child of Promise, God did reaffirm a Promise already made to him notice Vs 17 The offspring God promised to multiply here are not Abraham's Physical descendants, but his Spiritual descendants, or other Children of promise as Isaac was here, so Paul writes to believers in Christ, both jews and Gentiles this in Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

That's why Paul says in Rom 9:7

Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

For Isaac was a Type of that Seed Israel which would be called !

And these descendants of Abraham would e distinct from his physical descendants Rom 9:8.

So in essence God's promise to Abraham in Gen 22:17 was a Promise to multiply the Children of God or Promise, which as a consequence would produce people with Faith in Christ, because it is written Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

The same Children of God as in Rom 9:8 ! See Gal 3:7 too !

Now the oath God made in Gen 22:17 was but a restating what God Promised Abraham in Gen 17:2-8

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

And this is what the writer of Hebrews points to in Heb 6:13-14,17

13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

And God's Immutable Counsel is anchored in His Eternal Purpose of Election as set forth in Eph 1:4,9-11 , The Heirs of Promise and the Elect in Christ are one and the same ! And that's Israel !

Amen, and Glory to God !

Nanja

Ruler in Israel !

Ruler in Israel !

Micah 5:2

2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Many erroneously believe that Israel in Micah 5:2 is the physical nation of Israel, Abraham's physical descendants, but its not. Its a Spiritual Israel comprised of both jew and Gentile believers, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham. You see Jesus is the predicted Ruler here, and His Kingdom is not of this World Jn 18:36

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

A Kingdom is literally :

The realm in which a king sovereignly rules

Always requires a king

The Kingdom Jesus was referring to was presently His Kingdom, MY KINGDOM, and it was not a future kingdom, but one He properly possessed at that very time, in fact, He presently had servants of that Kingdom, He was then currently King and Ruler of His Kingdom.

Jesus Kingdom and Rulership is foundation ed upon His Finished Work of the Cross, and Isaiah mentions it Isa 9:6-7

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given [To die under the Law]: and the government or rule shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government or rule and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Notice in this Rule of His Kingdom He orders it ! That word order means:

to be firm, be stable, be established

a) (Niphal)

1) to be set up, be established, be fixed

a) to be firmly established

b) to be established, be stable, be secure, be enduring

c) to be fixed, be securely determined

2) to be directed aright, be fixed aright, be steadfast (moral sense)

3) to prepare, be ready

4) to be prepared, be arranged, be settled

b) (Hiphil)

1) to establish, set up, accomplish, do, make firm

2) to fix, make ready, prepare, provide, provide for, furnish

3) to direct toward (moral sense)

4) to arrange, order

This He does by the Gifts and Gifted Persons He gave His Church Eph 4:8-12

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Paul says also He set 1 Cor 12:18,28

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

The word body is soma and means:

is used of a (large or small) number of men closely united into one society, or family as it were; a social, ethical, mystical body

And this does describe a Kingdom which is:

1. a territory, state, people, or community ruled or reigned over by a king or queen

Its a commonwealth of which the Church is Eph 2:12-14

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one[commonwealth or Kingdom], and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Christ is the Head of this Kingdom or Commonwealth.

Again a Kingdom is:

a state or government having a king or queen as its head.

And Christ is the King / Head of His Church !

Eph 1:22

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Col 1:18

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

The Church, His Body is the Israel He is ruler of Mich 5:2 !

Amen Brother, excellent !

Nanja

Acts 13:23 A Saviour unto Israel or His Body !2

Acts 13:23 A Saviour unto Israel or His Body !2

The Promised Salvation of Israel as Per Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

The shall means that its been predestinated by God ! But this promise is nothing more than the promised Salvation by the Seed of the Woman Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The bruising of the serpents head by the Seed of the Woman brings about the Salvation Promised to Israel in Isa 45:17 Thats why Paul when Preaching stated that God when He raised up Jesus says Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Folks Jesus is not the promised Saviour of nobody but Israel, God's Elect ! For Christ came to be the Saviour of one specific People notice Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people[Israel] from their sins.

This verse also speaks to the promise of Isa 45:17 !

And this is also His Body Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

In other words,He is the same Saviour to the same group of people in Acts 13:23 and Eph 5:23, yes thats right, Israel of Acts 13:23 is the same as the Church, Christ's Body in Eph 5:23 !

And understand, the People He came to save specifically Matt 1:21 is that people He is the Saviour of the Body in, the Church in Eph 5:23. The deceived and unlearned do not accept this, however it is the Truth nonetheless !
Amen, exactly Brother !

Nanja

The House of David !

The House of David !

Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

I know its commonly believed in man's religion that the House of David here is speaking of the ethnic jews, but its really not, or should I say that its not limited to only ethnic jews, but that it also takes into consideration God's Elect among the Gentile Nations ! Now how is it we know this ? Because Elect Gentiles are referred to as the Tabernacle of David here in Acts 15:14-18

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Now some may object and say this refers to the Tabernacle of David and not the House of David, but thats just apples for oranges, because they are the same thing. The word tabernacle, the greek word is skēnē:

tent, tabernacle, (made of green boughs, or skins or other materials)

2) of that well known movable temple of God after the pattern of which the temple at Jerusalem was built

Now the English word tabernacle adds more light it means also:

any place or house of worship, especially one designed for a large congregation.

So in this sense it was the House of David were the Chosen of God would Worship God.

Now James is actually quoting an OT Prophecy applying it to the Gentiles Amos 9:11-12

11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the Lord that doeth this.

Whereas in the context its about the restoration of Israel Amos 9:7-9 ! Either way God is promising mercy upon the People on which His Name is Called, whether jews or Gentiles, and any gathering of people in His Name is His House or tabernacle !

So the Tabernacle or House being built again is a Spiritual Tabernacle or Building or Habitation of God that includes Gentile Elect Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4 and Eph 2:21-22

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Yes these refer to Acts 15:14-16 which refers back to Amos 9:11-12 which refers to the rebuilding of Israel ! God was pleased to take out of the Gentiles a People for His Own Name, the Lord God of Israel.

Eph 2:22 says we [jew and gentile believers] are builded together for an habitation or house of God through the Spirit. What Spirit ? The Spirit in Zech prophecy Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

By Spirit of Grace is meant no doubt the Holy Spirit as well as it does in Heb 10:29

And lets remember this same Spirit that was poured out on the jewish remnant of elect in Acts 2 was later poured out on the Gentile Elect in Acts 10 and Peter testifies of it Acts 11 :15

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

Peter represented the jewish remnant of the House of David and Cornelius and his house represented the Gentile Remnant of the House of David recipients of the same Spirit of Grace Zech 12:10 !

This also proves that Israel Elect and the Church combined of both Jew and Gentile Believers are the same Chosen People of God Israel !
Amen and TY Brother for another excellent study in the scriptures:
The House of David !

Nanja

His People who are they ? Rom 11:2

His People who are they ? Rom 11:2

Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Know ye not what the Scripture saith of Elijah, how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

First let it be known that National Israel, in and of itself is not God's People, Abraham's physical descendants of that nation, according to the flesh, in and of themselves are not God's People. Who then are God's People, His Chosen People ?

First its all those who are the foreknown Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Know ye not what the Scripture saith of Elijah, how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

And the foreknown of God are all those who have been predestinated to be conformed to the Image of His Son Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

That goes for OT Believers as well as NT. What do you think the OT Patriarch mean by this ? Ps 17:15

As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness

That word likeness is the word image. Now what image can this be ? Its the Image of God in Christ, the Son. David's hope was the same as that of Paul's as here in Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

2 Cor 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

David will wake up in God's Likeness in the Resurrection Morning because He will be raised completely conformed to the Image of Christ !

But Secondly, this passage also reveals who God's People are in Rom 11:5

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Yes, those foreknown in Vs 2 and the Election of Grace here of Vs 5 are God's People.

The same for the Election in Vs 7 Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election [God's People foreknown] hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Sorry, but God does not blind His People !

Vs 4 tells us who God's People are Rom 11:4

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Those God reserves unto Himself, those are His People.

Folks only a remnant in National Israel were God's People, and so it is in the world in general, the gentile world, only a remnant is God's People Acts 15:14

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

You see that ? To take out of them a People, not all of them , but just a remnant.

So thats whom God's People are. If we believe the ethnic jews are God's People, we are greatly deceived. Yes some of them are, as well as some Gentiles are, and thats it !

Amen Brother, exactly!

Nanja

They are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

They are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Rom 9:6

That Covenant Elect Israel that God Promised this unto Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

That Israel is not and has never been National Israel according to the flesh, Abraham's physical seed or descendants and this is Paul's point here in Rom 9:6-8, for only one of the Israel's mentioned in Vs 6 is National Israel and the Other is Covenant Israel the Elect, the Chosen !

The Covenant Israel Elect is also the True Olive Tree of Rom 11:17

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

This Grafting here into the Good Olive Tree is the Mystery of Israel of which Paul also means in Eph 2:12-15

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

The Israel of Vs 12 here is Elect Covenant Israel, not National Israel, again Rom 9:6 makes that clear ! You see the Covenants of Promise were made by God to Covenant Elect Israel, not the physical descendants of Abraham who had no Faith. God's Promises are only made to Faith, not to the flesh !

Now it was this True Olive Tree Israel, or Elect Israel, which a great many [national israel] were broken off from, and in turn a great many of Gentiles were grafted into it. Now by this fact alone, that of Gentiles grafted into [made one with] Covenant Elect Israel, the Good Olive Tree, it should enlighten us that the Good Olive Tree, Elect Israel, is not the Physical nation of israel, and that the grafted in Gentiles are now fellowcitizens and One with those of the Good Olive Tree Elect Israel [ The commonwealth of Israel Eph 2:12] and also it cannot be the physical nation israel because the Gentiles , now Grafted into Covenant Israel, the Olive Tree, are scattered all over the world, and not literally, and physically grafted into a physical nation ! Its a Spiritual Nation made up of People with Holy Spirit given Faith in Jesus Christ the Messiah !
Perfectly Explained **** !

marke

Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

This was not peter here, but paul, the apostle unto the gentiles, who makes this very important statement, and sheds much light upon for whom Jesus Christ came to save as according to promise..

Another important scripture that lends to the truth of this is Lk 1:68-69

68Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, [see Matt 1: 21]

And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70As he spake [or promised] by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

This promise of redemption of His people, as the Lord God of Israel, hath been revealed and promised since the world began..

This takes us back to the first proclamation of the promised salvation or redemption to Gen 3:15

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel

This seed of the women would be Israel [Christ and His People]..and the which, salvations first promise is to and for this seed Israel, the seed of the women..

This is some what typed out or signified in Rev 12:1-2

1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. [the birth of Jesus Christ]

This women had also a seed as we see later in Rev 12:17

17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

[ so Christ and his Members are the seed of the women Gal 3:16,29]

So salvation and redemption from the conception of the world, had only a particular seed in view, which later became known as Israel..

But now, its important to understand, that the Israel paul is referring to in Acts 13:23..is not Israel according to the flesh..but Israel according to Promise..

Lets show here how paul discerned another Israel other than national Israel Rom 9:6

Not as though the word [or promise] of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel [Acts 13:23],] which are of Israel [nationally]:

You see, the promises of redemption and salvation as stated in Lk 1:68-70, to the people of God, the God of Israel, the promise were not to national israel..but a spiritual remnant within that nation, and as we will find out, a spiritual remnant among the nations of the world, which constituted Israel,[Rom 11] the one paul preached in Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Now paul had the Israel of God [Rom 9:6] in view when he made this statement in the above..

Now get this next point, for its tricky, but nevertheless its extremely important because of the symmetry and analogy of scripture.

The difference between what paul preached here in Acts 13 :23 and what peter taught here in Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The difference is this..for peter was correct in that Jesus was exalted to the right hand of God to give repentance to a certain chosen people Israel..but what peter did not know but what paul did know..is this:

That Israel was no longer viewed as a mere physical ethnic nation, but that Israel was comprised of Gentiles as well, who became Israel..

Notice..Eph 2:12,19

12That at that time ye [gentiles] were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

They [Gentiles] are now no more strangers and aliens, but fellowcitizens [of Israel Gods chosen people] and so now they also have the same right to be called Israel,

in fact, even more of a right than the non elect jews of that nation..because the Israel of God was never non elect jews, but Elect Jews like Jacob over Esau or Isaac over ishmael..Children of promise..

So salvation and redemption has always been limited unto Israel as a people, but the mystery that was not clearly unveiled since the world began [Gen 3:15]

Eph 3:3-6

3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: [Lk 1: 68-70]

In that Israel was made up of Gentiles also.. Yes thats the unveiling in more detail by Paul of this mystery..[Israel of God was never a physical nation but a Spiritual people or Nation Rom 2,1Pet 2 ]

but nevertheless, true to promise, salvation and redemption is and has always been limited to a chosen people [Israel]..not limited to a certain geographical location as national Israel in the middle east or a certain ethical people [respect of persons], but the scope of this Israel of God is world wide..but nevertheless its only to the world of Gods Israel, all others, are blinded..

You know how paul says in Rom 9: 6

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

So likewise, they are not all the world [for whom Christ died] which are of the world [the inhabited earth]

Just like there was an Israel within Israel that God had a respect and favor for, likewise there is a world within the world that God has a special regard for, and that world is the Israel of God, the Spiritual seed of Abraham..
Did God cast away those of His chosen people who fell (Romans 11)? Yes, because of their unbelief, which is why He tells Christians not to think they are incapable of falling lest He prove to them otherwise. (1 Corinthians 10:12.)

marke

My People equals the Children of God Israel ! 2

So the called jews and Gentiles Vessels of mercy in Rom 9:23-25

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

are the Children of Israel. This gives us to understand the prophecy in Hos 1:9-10

9 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

regarding the Children of Israel, its not a physical ethnic jew Children of Israel, but a Spiritual People gathered in by Christ their Head, Hos 1:11

11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head[Christ the Head of the Church], and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

Its Christ, the One Head of His Body the Church, it was a Mystery Eph 1:10

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
With whom was God grieved for 40 years in the wilderness? His chosen people the Jews. Those who displeased God were given God's promise they would never enter into His rest (Hebrews 3:11). Likewise, God has warned Christians not to follow the example of those OT children of God who rebelled against Him lest we also be denied entrance into God's rest. (Hebrews 3:12-19.)

beloved57

Did God cast away those of His chosen people who fell (Romans 11)? Yes, because of their unbelief, which is why He tells Christians not to think they are incapable of falling lest He prove to them otherwise. (1 Corinthians 10:12.)
I dont know what u talking about, you sound confused to me.

marke

So True, and The Israel that was Justified by Faith, the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16, 29 the Seed of Christ, are the same Elect ones, which God Predestinated and Called to be conformed to the Image of His Son.

Rom. 8:28-30
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

~~~~~
The elect children of Abraham were justified by faith just like Abraham was justified by faith. Poor Bible scholars fail to properly comprehend the fact that Abraham first believed God, then was justified, not justified first, and then believed God afterward only because he had been transformed by new birth so that he could believe God, which is an error.

Nanja

That National Israel of the flesh in and of it self was not God's Chosen people as many have carelessly assumed is most seen here Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel[National] hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest[The Nation] were blinded.

Clearly the Election of that Nation is distinguished from the Nation, the Nation was blinded, but the Election [Chosen of God] were not.

They were blinded or cut off Paul later says because of unbelief Rom 11:20

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Now, why did they not believe ? Jesus gives us that answer here Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

That's why, because they were not God's Sheep or Elect. Persistent unbelief is an evidence of not being Elect of God, or One of His Sheep for whom Christ died. For Christ is plain in stating that He came not to save National Israel, but the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel Matt 15:24

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And if they believed they were of the Lost Sheep of Israel, if they did not believe, then they were not among the Lost Sheep of Israel as Jn 10:26 clearly states.

And so the cutting off of National Israel was due to the largest portion of it were not Sheep .

When David says in Ps 100 :3

Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

He is not speaking of National Israel, but of a very small remnant according to the Election of Grace.

David says we are His People ! Remember His People are those He foreknew Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Which are them foreknew in Christ Rom 8:28-29

That's who His People are, His Sheep, His Israel, all those He purposed before the foundation to be conformed to the Image of Christ His Son.

David as one of those blessed ones says Ps 17:15

15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Amen to the Truth Brother **** !

Nanja

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Almost everyone has been deceived into thinking that the jews, the physical seed of Abraham, are the True People of God Israel, however they are not; in fact Christ during His own public Ministry amongst them said this of many of them Jn 8:37,,42,44

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

He means of course, He knew them to be Abraham's physical seed according to the flesh as in Rom 9:7,8a

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Jesus deny's that God is their Father which they did claim in Vs 41

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Instead of having God as their Father, Jesus declares of them that their Father is the devil.

In Vs 39

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Even though they claimed to have Abraham as their Father, Jesus deny's it because they do not do the works of Abraham.

Now what meaneth all this ? It was never Abraham's physical seed that were the People of God, but His Spiritual Seed, thats who were and are the True People of God, The Israel of God.

Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Gal 6:14-16

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Being the seed of Abraham outside of Christ Jesus in the flesh means nothing to God, it avails nothing.

Up in Gal 6:15 being of the physical circumcised jews availeth nothing, that word availeth means force, to prevail, so it has no force with God, that fact does not prevail with God.

This is most interesting in light of why God gave Jacob the Name Israel in the first place Gen 32:28

28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Meaning Abraham's Spiritual Seed and Heirs according to Promise !

Phil 3:3

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh

We are the Spiritual Circumcision or the Spiritual Israel or People of God !

You see Abraham is the Spiritual Father of all believe on Christ Jesus Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us[Jew and Gentile Believers] also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Gal 3:6-7

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Its always been about Abraham's Spiritual Seed Israel.

And during his time That is Jesus when here on earth in the flesh, and Paul's, now during our time, ethnic jews , and their religion of Judaism has been and is apostate.

They says they are Jews, God's People, but they are not. Rev 3:9

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

They were the synagogue of Satan during Christ's Time Jn 8:44.

And not only is it true of them, that they are not Jews as in God's People, but its True of all work based religions, that claim salvation by what they do, be it accepting a gift, accepting christ, using their freewill to make a decision, or on and on !

If we believe that the True People of God Israel are jews according to the flesh, Abraham's physical seed Israel, we are deceived, and will more than likely remain that way until the day of Judgment, which will then be too late for Repentance on that matter !
Amen Brother, excellent post !

beloved57

A True scriptural Jew under the New Covenant is a Born Again Believer, regardless of ethnicity Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Circumcision of the Heart constitutes a Spiritual Jew, a Circumcision by the Spirit in the Name of Christ Col 2:11

In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

And So if you belong to Christ Paul writes Gal 3:29

Status
Not open for further replies.