ECT A Lot Of Stupid Logic Out There

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I said
I posted you a whole revelation on guardian angels. Have you read it yet?

No.

No offense intended but I'm just not interested in your revelations. God's Word (Logos) is plenty enough for me, thank you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The verses all make completely perfect sense to me! They just cannot be used to undermine the very logic that you're using in the attempt!

Why is it that you cannot see that?

I think you do see it, you're just stubbornly resisting the testimony of your own mind.

The two are not mutually exclusive nor is there any need for them to be at odds. What you mean by this is that you are lead around by your emotions. But even at that, you use a faculty of your mind. All decisions whether good or bad are always - always made in the form of a logical argument, even if you aren't trying to be logical. It is always "Ideas X and Y are true, therefore Z". Even decisions made that some would call instinct are so made. "That is food, I am hungry, therefore eat." It's all logic. There is no other means by which your mind works. The only questions are whether the premises of your decision are true and your logic sound.

It's just language and nothing you've quoted from the bible contradicts a syllable of it.

That's because language is not carnal. Language is God's idea. All life on this earth is language based (DNA) as is all of creation, as God spoke creation into existence.

Jesus is Truth! He is also Logic. Same thing!

THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL TRUTH FROM ERROR WITHOUT THE APPLICATION OF SOUND REASON!!!

How would you know if someone, some preacher, was telling you something wrong?

That's a real question. How would you know false doctrine when you heard it? Be specific.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I said
I know what your saying. I have been where your at. And I won't go back. You don't know what I'm saying because you haven't been where I'm at or you wouldn't have gone back.
The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. The verses are a language from the Holy Spirit. One cant learn this language until they have purged their carnality.

John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 14:10-11
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
(NKJ)

Interplanner

I said
I know what your saying. I have been where your at. And I won't go back. You don't know what I'm saying because you haven't been where I'm at or you wouldn't have gone back.
The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. The verses are a language from the Holy Spirit. One cant learn this language until they have purged their carnality.

John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 14:10-11
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
(NKJ)

But there are people who God raises up to put certain 2s and 2s together to make the preaching of the Word sharper. Even in Acts we have the example of Apollos without being told or quoted anything he said. Did he just read Scripture to people? No. He taught and preached. His work was entirely validated in the text, yet we have nothing in print--unless you believe he wrote/spoke Hebrews.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
But there are people who God raises up to put certain 2s and 2s together to make the preaching of the Word sharper. Even in Acts we have the example of Apollos without being told or quoted anything he said. Did he just read Scripture to people? No. He taught and preached. His work was entirely validated in the text, yet we have nothing in print--unless you believe he wrote/spoke Hebrews.

I said
There is nothing wrong with those who teach in the milk understanding. I teach the meat understanding. The problem is some in the milk wish to think of themselves as though they have salvation when they are only saved. And because they still have lots of unclean spirits in them. They can be deceived into fighting against those in the meat. Its another one of them check points God put in scripture. When it is revealed to them they are falling short, that arouses them unclean spirits.
Its a breaking point for some. Some humble themselves and realize they have more to learn. Some give into them unclean spirits and try to discredit those in the meat. And they will fall by the way side.

Matt 15:13-14
13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No one can get into the meat understanding without Gods help. One cant really know where their at in the Lord until they go into the meat. Many will fall short.

John 6:65-68
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?"
68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
(NKJ)

Matt 26:21-22
21 Now as they were eating, He said, "Assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me."
22 And they were exceedingly sorrowful, and each of them began to say to Him, "Lord, is it I?"
(NKJ)

Danoh

The Spirit does only quote the Scripture - His every Word is The Word.

Of course, that Squeaky has concluded that what is actually nothing more than the mind's memory management is the Spirit causing Squeaky to quote Scripture; that is just Squeaky's off-base take on that.

From Squeaky's mis-read of certain passages, together with Squeaky's having experienced the mind's memory management and having rushed to conclude "the Spirit is leading me - just like I (mis) read in those passages - praise be to God!!!"

And Squeaky is not alone in that error - MANY a student of the Scripture manifests having arrived at Squeaky's same mis-fire - the error that the Spirit is the one bringing one passage or another to one's mind.

Again, all that really is, is the mind's memory management system.

Aa for Scripture's take on Squeaky's misfire?

That Squeaky is a liar for that?

Not really.

For the principle that my mind's memory management system brings to my mind (due to how memory works in the bringing to one's mind, one thing or another) is the principle described in the following...

Romans 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

In short, Squeaky may be off-base as to what he is esteeming or attributing value to - as being some sort of a memory zap from God - but if he is attempting to as unto the Lord; he is doing so "of faith."

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

That aside, the greater question, Squeaky, is; are you saved?

All these other issues - none of them matter until this one is setttled.

And you obviously believe in works for salvation and or in works towards staying saved.

And THAT - the Scripture does NOT allow - ANY man - to be fully persuaded in his or her own mind about - as to one's OWN works for salvation or Christ's ALONE.

I don't hate you for that; I don't look down on you for it; and I don't need to spit on you for it.

If you are lost, then you need to get saved.

And if you are lost and get saved, then the last thing you need to do is keep yourself from turning into the grace hypocrite so many are - that anyone who disagrees with their so called "grace" is continually ganged up on and spat on by such; in the supposed name of "Christ."

For the following IS not only "for us, but to us, and about us..."

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Last edited:

Derf

No such thing as guardian angels.

Quite sure. That passage is Messianic. Jesus had guardian angels. It goes well beyond what the text can support to apply such a verse in such a broad sense, especially since we aren't Jews.

Also, there's almost certainly not nearly enough angels in existence for every Christian to have one. Further, since we are in Christ, we don't need them.

Here you go, Clete. If Jesus had guardian angels, as you assert, then your other assertion is false, that there are no guardian angels.

1 point for Squeaky.

But, Squeaky has used "carnal" or "stupid" logic to determine which passages apply to guardian angels.

Matt 18:10
10 "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
(NKJ)
Whether he's right or wrong about the issue (and I think his point is a good one, though far from conclusive, since those angels, not being omnipresent, can't be here helping the little ones out of jams if they are always in heaven seeing the face of the Father), he at least had to use logic to decide to use that particular verse for that particular issue, as no verses explain that "If Clete, in the year 2017, tries to reject the existence of guardian angels, thou mayest quote this verse to him." So he is refuting his OP.

If Squeaky were to claim that the Holy Spirit led him to that verse (which is a legitimate claim), he would then have a NEW revelation from the Holy Spirit, one that is NOT in scripture, which is also refuting his OP.

Game, set, and match to Clete.

Danoh

Just goes to show that all logic and intuition relies on a context for its' end results.

Whether or not said context was first properly identified before allowing oneself to proceed to conduct one's math; or whether a context was read into things too soon, to begin with.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Here you go, Clete. If Jesus had guardian angels, as you assert, then your other assertion is false, that there are no guardian angels.

1 point for Squeaky.

But, Squeaky has used "carnal" or "stupid" logic to determine which passages apply to guardian angels.

Whether he's right or wrong about the issue (and I think his point is a good one, though far from conclusive, since those angels, not being omnipresent, can't be here helping the little ones out of jams if they are always in heaven seeing the face of the Father), he at least had to use logic to decide to use that particular verse for that particular issue, as no verses explain that "If Clete, in the year 2017, tries to reject the existence of guardian angels, thou mayest quote this verse to him." So he is refuting his OP.

If Squeaky were to claim that the Holy Spirit led him to that verse (which is a legitimate claim), he would then have a NEW revelation from the Holy Spirit, one that is NOT in scripture, which is also refuting his OP.

Game, set, and match to Clete.

I said
I don't understand your reasoning. I posted a revelation on "Guardian Angels" and I explain for reference I use the term guardian angel. But the fact is we all have an angel that has been with us sense birth. And because it is God who is working in us. And God doesn't speak directly to us. Our guardian angel relays the messages to us inside.

10 "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Phil 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

And yes the Holy Spirit gives me the verses. I ask the questions and the Holy Spirit answers me with the verses. I just have to believe Him, which I do.

Danoh

I said
I don't understand your reasoning. I posted a revelation on "Guardian Angels" and I explain for reference I use the term guardian angel. But the fact is we all have an angel that has been with us sense birth. And because it is God who is working in us. And God doesn't speak directly to us. Our guardian angel relays the messages to us inside.

(NKJ)

And yes the Holy Spirit gives me the verses. I ask the questions and the Holy Spirit answers me with the verses. I just have to believe Him, which I do.

The context of those passages that one is to therefore do one's math in light of?

And are they guardian angels in the sense that you might be making use of the word "guardian"?

Case in point - where were said "guardian" angels when all those precious children and babies were swept away by that horroible, horrible Tsunami in Southeast Asia, some years back?

Where were they when Christ was born and every male child under two years of age was slaughtered?

Or as also happened when Moses was born?

Obviously; this "Spirit" YOU have concluded is "leading you" "unto all truth" is nothing more than the product of your own il-logic...

In other words, of a logic on your part from within a context that is your own, read into things, by you, and then concluded by you as "the Spirit revealing" this and that "to me..."

I don't say that to knock you, rather; to challenge you to consider all this some.

In other words, in the spirit (attitude) of how that just as "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend" - Proverbs 27:17.

randomvim

I said
lol Your just full of all kinds of good examples of the OP
your ability to point out those examples requires logic to recognize/identify what can actually be described as an example. how can you say something you use daily is bad in a single situation which allows you to describe who you are to yourself let alone to others?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Tnkrbl123!

The verses all make completely perfect sense to me! They just cannot be used to undermine the very logic that you're using in the attempt!

Why is it that you cannot see that?

I think you do see it, you're just stubbornly resisting the testimony of your own mind.

The two are not mutually exclusive nor is there any need for them to be at odds. What you mean by this is that you are lead around by your emotions. But even at that, you use a faculty of your mind. All decisions whether good or bad are always - always made in the form of a logical argument, even if you aren't trying to be logical. It is always "Ideas X and Y are true, therefore Z". Even decisions made that some would call instinct are so made. "That is food, I am hungry, therefore eat." It's all logic. There is no other means by which your mind works. The only questions are whether the premises of your decision are true and your logic sound.

It's just language and nothing you've quoted from the bible contradicts a syllable of it.

That's because language is not carnal. Language is God's idea. All life on this earth is language based (DNA) as is all of creation, as God spoke creation into existence.

Jesus is Truth! He is also Logic. Same thing!

THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL TRUTH FROM ERROR WITHOUT THE APPLICATION OF SOUND REASON!!!

How would you know if someone, some preacher, was telling you something wrong?

That's a real question. How would you know false doctrine when you heard it? Be specific.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Very well said! This is both very logical and truthful! Thanks :)

Tnkrbl123!

I said

(NKJ)

You cannot find a verse to prove that "your guardian angel and the devil are the ones where your thoughts come from" because it is not in the Bible!
The things you are saying are your own thoughts, or from the enemy but they are not scriptural. God has blessed us with a mind of our own and most of our thoughts are our own personal thoughts. Yes, we can have thoughts given to us by the enemy and by God but ONLY God can read our mind! Thank God that the enemy cannot read our minds. And it is not our "guardian angel" it is the HOLY SPIRIT who is the COUNCILLOR. The Holy Spirit is the one who councels and guides all believers and is given to every believer at the moment they believe.
John 14:26 - “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.”
John 16:7 - “Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.”
Romans 8:14 “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.”
1 Corinthians 12:13 “For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit”
He does this by our conscience and if we listen to the Holy Spirit we are able to discern what is Godly and what is not.
Romans 9:1 - “ I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit”
What you say is pretty much we have a cartoon devil on our right shoulder and a cartoon angel on the other and they are both whispering into our ear. This is just not the way the Bible paints the picture, you are getting your ideas from the culture and the world.
You do realize that the devil is not a little red thing with horns and a tail running around with a pitchfork right?

Tnkrbl123!

I said

(NKJ)

Also you should be VERY CAREFUL when giving your "revelations" you should probably not even use that word at all. If you have a prophesy thats fine if you have been given the gift but all prophesies line up with the word of GOd. if it does not lineup with the word of GOd it is NOT FROM GOD.

In the book of Revelations it clearly gives a warning:
"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book; if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book" Revelations 22:18-19 these are the FINAL WORDS OF GOD
If YOUR revelations do not line up with the Bible they are NOT FROM GOD. And you should be very very careful. If YOUR revelations are adding any EXTRA-BIBLICAL information then YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BY GOD.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You cannot find a verse to prove that "your guardian angel and the devil are the ones where your thoughts come from" because it is not in the Bible!
The things you are saying are your own thoughts, or from the enemy but they are not scriptural. God has blessed us with a mind of our own and most of our thoughts are our own personal thoughts. Yes, we can have thoughts given to us by the enemy and by God but ONLY God can read our mind! Thank God that the enemy cannot read our minds. And it is not our "guardian angel" it is the HOLY SPIRIT who is the COUNCILLOR. The Holy Spirit is the one who councels and guides all believers and is given to every believer at the moment they believe.
John 14:26 - “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.”
John 16:7 - “Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.”
Romans 8:14 “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.”
1 Corinthians 12:13 “For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit”
He does this by our conscience and if we listen to the Holy Spirit we are able to discern what is Godly and what is not.
Romans 9:1 - “ I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit”
What you say is pretty much we have a cartoon devil on our right shoulder and a cartoon angel on the other and they are both whispering into our ear. This is just not the way the Bible paints the picture, you are getting your ideas from the culture and the world.
You do realize that the devil is not a little red thing with horns and a tail running around with a pitchfork right?

I said
I showed you revelations on both. If you cant see in there that's ok maybe one day you will. I don't assume I can open your eyes. I'm only sharing what I see, not what you see. And it is ok to disagree.

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Also you should be VERY CAREFUL when giving your "revelations" you should probably not even use that word at all. If you have a prophesy thats fine if you have been given the gift but all prophesies line up with the word of GOd. if it does not lineup with the word of GOd it is NOT FROM GOD.

In the book of Revelations it clearly gives a warning:
"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book; if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book" Revelations 22:18-19 these are the FINAL WORDS OF GOD
If YOUR revelations do not line up with the Bible they are NOT FROM GOD. And you should be very very careful. If YOUR revelations are adding any EXTRA-BIBLICAL information then YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BY GOD.

I said
Can you show me where everything you just said is written in the bible?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Did God give you that judgment? Because that is carnal judgment. If your judging carnally something I said carnally you could condemn yourself.

Rom 2:1-3
1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
(NKJ)