ECT A Lot Of Stupid Logic Out There

jsanford108

STUDIP LOGIC

1: There is so much stupid logic out there, and why do people fall for it. Because of ignorance. They assume that if someone claims that they are a preacher, they must be. God only asks us to believe in His Word as the scripture has said

2.) God tells us we dont even have to think beyond what is written.

But satan is always there trying to pervert the truth. The Word says the only truth is the Word as it is written. Sanctified is the washing of water by the Word(verses).

3.) Stupid conversations will consume your thinking. The only concern that a real believer has is, "Do I believe what is written in the Word of God? So read and prove that you do believe it the way it is written.

4.) and nothing in the old testament can help you believe the new testament where Christ is. The only thing the old testament can do is cause you to stumble or fall from grace. And you cant find the true God in the old testament or the true Christ.

5.) don't be taken in by fancy words or human wisdom and logic. It is deceiving. Is your faith in what someone told you or in what is written?

()

You said a lot of things. I will do my best to address them all.

1.) where does God say "only believe in his word" the scriptures?

2.) where does it say that the only truth and Word is the written Word?

3.) what is plainly written is in opposition of many of your points. No where in Scripture does it say believe only the written word. Or that only the written Word has authority.

4.) if we shouldn't believe the OT, why have it? If it is a stumbling block, why use it at all? Also, Jesus kept the laws of the OT, and he even told people to keep the laws.

Furthermore, if God of the OT isn't the same God as in Christ, then Christ was a liar. Especially since he constantly called the God of Abraham/Moses "the Father."

5.) human reason and logic is what allows us to have faith. Logic aligns with Scripture. Logic aligns with the existence of Christ, God, Heaven, Hell, Angels, etc. To dismiss logic and reason is to dismiss a gift that God has given.

God is the author of logic and reason.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Danoh

I said
What I was saying is this. To be a Christian one must purge their carnal mind and intellect to hear the Holy Spirit. Then they can learn from the Holy Spirit.

Nope - all that is, is one's own inner dialogue with one's self - that Believers soon misinterpret as being "the Spirit."

Try 2 Tim. 3:16-17 - especially in light of 2 Tim. 2:15's emphasis on the need to base one's Word based "word" on a thing, not simply on the Word (as Hymanaeus and Phylitus had incorrectly done), but on the Word laid out ARIGHT.

Or, as to who, what, when, where, why, and how.

BIG difference between the two.

Danoh

You said a lot of things. I will do my best to address them all.

1.) where does God say "only believe in his word" the scriptures?

2.) where does it say that the only truth and Word is the written Word?

3.) what is plainly written is in opposition of many of your points. No where in Scripture does it say believe only the written word. Or that only the written Word has authority.

4.) if we shouldn't believe the OT, why have it? If it is a stumbling block, why use it at all? Also, Jesus kept the laws of the OT, and he even told people to keep the laws.

Furthermore, if God of the OT isn't the same God as in Christ, then Christ was a liar. Especially since he constantly called the God of Abraham/Moses "the Father."

5.) human reason and logic is what allows us to have faith. Logic aligns with Scripture. Logic aligns with the existence of Christ, God, Heaven, Hell, Angels, etc. To dismiss logic and reason is to dismiss a gift that God has given.

God is the author of logic and reason.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Outside of the Word laid out ARIGHT, the FACULTIES of Logic, Intuition, and reason end up at the mercy of man's own ideas (the result of which man then erroneously concludes was "of God").

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Solution?

Proverbs 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: 3:2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Derf

I said
What I was saying is this. To be a Christian one must purge their carnal mind and intellect to hear the Holy Spirit. Then they can learn from the Holy Spirit.

I expect, then, once they have purged their mind and intellect, and can hear the Holy Spirit, they would then need to relearn a few things. Like how to read, write, do arithmetic, and even how to talk. I admit that the Holy Spirit was able to teach the disciples how to speak in other languages at Pentecost, but do you think they had to relearn Greek and Aramaic?

So I suppose when someone becomes a believer, that first year's taxes wouldn't be too accurate, since they would have lost the ability to add and subtract, and perhaps even have forgotten their social security number, not to mention their address, and probably wouldn't be able to write it down once they learned those things again. It must have been from a real lack of insight that God made Resurrection Day just prior to tax day each year, don't you think? Since more people come to Easter services than any other except Christmas.

I suppose, if a college student is converted right before finals, he would of necessity fail all of his classes that semester.

I suppose, if a president of a nation were to be converted, he would have trouble getting people to do what is necessary, as all of his experience (whatever that prior experience happened to be) would not be remembered.

I suppose, once the disciples learned how to fish for men, they had purged their minds of how to fish for fish. THAT's why Jesus had to keep telling them to throw their nets on the OTHER side of the boat. I always wondered about that. It's all starting to make sense to me now.

I feel bad for those people on the road when a driver hears the gospel message on the radio AND COMPLETELY FORGETS HOW TO DRIVE.
:rolleyes::nascar:

Isn't logic a wonderful thing? Oh wait. One would have to purge all understanding of logic at conversion.

Seriously though. The idea that we have to clear our minds before the Holy Spirit can work in us is not a Christian concept. It's an Eastern/Hindu/NewAge concept, and is foreign to the gospel, foreign to the historicity of the bible, and foreign to God's very nature. Is 46:9

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I expect, then, once they have purged their mind and intellect, and can hear the Holy Spirit, they would then need to relearn a few things. Like how to read, write, do arithmetic, and even how to talk. I admit that the Holy Spirit was able to teach the disciples how to speak in other languages at Pentecost, but do you think they had to relearn Greek and Aramaic?

So I suppose when someone becomes a believer, that first year's taxes wouldn't be too accurate, since they would have lost the ability to add and subtract, and perhaps even have forgotten their social security number, not to mention their address, and probably wouldn't be able to write it down once they learned those things again. It must have been from a real lack of insight that God made Resurrection Day just prior to tax day each year, don't you think? Since more people come to Easter services than any other except Christmas.

I suppose, if a college student is converted right before finals, he would of necessity fail all of his classes that semester.

I suppose, if a president of a nation were to be converted, he would have trouble getting people to do what is necessary, as all of his experience (whatever that prior experience happened to be) would not be remembered.

I suppose, once the disciples learned how to fish for men, they had purged their minds of how to fish for fish. THAT's why Jesus had to keep telling them to throw their nets on the OTHER side of the boat. I always wondered about that. It's all starting to make sense to me now.

I feel bad for those people on the road when a driver hears the gospel message on the radio AND COMPLETELY FORGETS HOW TO DRIVE.
:rolleyes::nascar:

Isn't logic a wonderful thing? Oh wait. One would have to purge all understanding of logic at conversion.

Seriously though. The idea that we have to clear our minds before the Holy Spirit can work in us is not a Christian concept. It's an Eastern/Hindu/NewAge concept, and is foreign to the gospel, foreign to the historicity of the bible, and foreign to God's very nature. Is 46:9

I said
You really don't have a clue about the Holy Spirit or the way He teaches us do you. You use a lot of gross exaggerations. I don't really know you, are you here to mock God and His Word? You really don't know what purging means do you.
Well I am glad you put that logic on this thread.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
STUDIP LOGIC

There is so much stupid logic out there, and why do people fall for it. Because of ignorance.

Squeaky,
I doubt seriously, you understand rational thought and logic. You also stated you dislike emotions. It does make one wonder if anything attributed to people is palliative to you? If you like or approve of anything attributed to humans?

You are a bit of an obtuse dullard Squeaky; hope you are aware enough to realize this fact?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Squeaky,
I doubt seriously, you understand rational thought and logic. You also stated you dislike emotions. It does make one wonder if anything attributed to people is palliative to you? If you like or approve of anything attributed to humans?

You are a bit of an obtuse dullard Squeaky; hope you are aware enough to realize this fact?

Emotions are studip demons!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky,

I said
I do understand what your saying. I have been where your at. I know what it takes to get to where I'm at. And all I'm trying to do is help you all see your deception. Which you cant see it. All your logic comes from your thoughts and feelings. And that is what your deception is from. This is not arrogance, but ask yourself why I have all these verses all the time. And you don't. We both read the very same bible. You get verses pop up in your mind just like me. But you allow your logic and feelings to push them aside. I don't. I know that is the Holy Spirit trying to teach me something. So I go against all my thoughts and all my feelings to hold onto the verse, until it manifests into something spiritual.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I said
I do understand what your saying. I have been where your at. I know what it takes to get to where I'm at. And all I'm trying to do is help you all see your deception. Which you cant see it. All your logic comes from your thoughts and feelings.

I see. You are suggesting all one needs in a lobotomy and they are good to go.

Derf

I said
You really don't have a clue about the Holy Spirit or the way He teaches us do you. You use a lot of gross exaggerations. I don't really know you, are you here to mock God and His Word? You really don't know what purging means do you.
Well I am glad you put that logic on this thread.

Yes, I suppose those were gross exaggerations. But those are the result of putting your posts in context together. The Word is always preached by imperfect men. And the Spirit uses them to perfect those that hear, and is perfecting those that preach at the same time.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I see. You are suggesting all one needs in a lobotomy and they are good to go.

I said
Sort of. All one needs is to be born again. In order to be born again one needs the help of the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I suppose those were gross exaggerations. But those are the result of putting your posts in context together. The Word is always preached by imperfect men. And the Spirit uses them to perfect those that hear, and is perfecting those that preach at the same time.

I said
At least you know what you are doing. Now if you could find the support of the Holy Spirit you could make it valid.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
(NKJ)

Derf

My point was that you are being inconsistent. This most recent post of yours says:
I said
At least you know what you are doing. Now if you could find the support of the Holy Spirit you could make it valid.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)
But in your opening post you said:

God only asks us to believe in His Word as the scripture has said.

John 7:38
38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
(NKJ)
xxxGod tells us we dont even have to think beyond what is written in the Word of God.

These two posts are opposite of each other--we can learn from the Holy Spirit (yes, I agree), and we can learn from the scriptures, too (yes, I agree).

The funny thing, besides contradicting yourself on hearing from preachers, reading scripture, and learning from the Holy Spirit, is that in John 7:38 "Scripture" is referring to the OLD TESTAMENT, which you said this about:
xxxAnd nothing in the old testament can help you believe the new testament where Christ is. The only thing the old testament can do is cause you to stumble or fall from grace. And you cant find the true God in the old testament or the true Christ.

I don't think the Holy Spirit would contradict the Old Testament Scriptures, nor would the Old Testament contradict the New Testament, and preachers (like you are trying to be with your admonitions) also should not contradict the Old or New Testament.

Reactions: Lon

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
My point was that you are being inconsistent. This most recent post of yours says:

But in your opening post you said:

These two posts are opposite of each other--we can learn from the Holy Spirit (yes, I agree), and we can learn from the scriptures, too (yes, I agree).

The funny thing, besides contradicting yourself on hearing from preachers, reading scripture, and learning from the Holy Spirit, is that in John 7:38 "Scripture" is referring to the OLD TESTAMENT, which you said this about:

I don't think the Holy Spirit would contradict the Old Testament Scriptures, nor would the Old Testament contradict the New Testament, and preachers (like you are trying to be with your admonitions) also should not contradict the Old or New Testament.

I said
Ok your going to have to be more specific. They look like they both compliment one another to me.

Now as far as the old and new testaments contradicting one another. If they didn't there would be no need in have a new covenant, or different laws, or annulling the old commandments.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Derf

I said
Ok your going to have to be more specific. They look like they both compliment one another to me.

Now as far as the old and new testaments contradicting one another. If they didn't there would be no need in have a new covenant, or different laws, or annulling the old commandments.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
Are you saying that every time there's a new covenant, it contradicts the old one? How about the covenant God made with Noah and the animals when they came off the ark?
11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. 12 And God said, This [is] the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that [is] with you, for perpetual generations: [Gen 9:11-12 KJV]​
So, now that we have a new covenant, does that mean God might flood the earth again? No, but a new covenant is needed for a new purpose, and the old one can be done away with when it has fulfilled its purpose. And 2 covenants can be in force at the same time, as evidenced by your cited verse, Heb 8:13 (the old one was "becoming obsolete", not already obsolete).

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. [Mat 5:18 KJV]

So if the New Covenant is here, and the Old Covenant has fulfilled its purpose, they aren't contradictory. And if the Old Testament speaks of the coming new covenant, which it does, then it would have to be internally contradictory, which it isn't.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying that every time there's a new covenant, it contradicts the old one? How about the covenant God made with Noah and the animals when they came off the ark?
11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. 12 And God said, This [is] the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that [is] with you, for perpetual generations: [Gen 9:11-12 KJV]​
So, now that we have a new covenant, does that mean God might flood the earth again? No, but a new covenant is needed for a new purpose, and the old one can be done away with when it has fulfilled its purpose. And 2 covenants can be in force at the same time, as evidenced by your cited verse, Heb 8:13 (the old one was "becoming obsolete", not already obsolete).

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. [Mat 5:18 KJV]

So if the New Covenant is here, and the Old Covenant has fulfilled its purpose, they aren't contradictory. And if the Old Testament speaks of the coming new covenant, which it does, then it would have to be internally contradictory, which it isn't.

I said
The definition of this "covenant" is testament.

Heb 8:9-13
9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
11 "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."
(NKJ)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.