ECT A Lot Of Stupid Logic Out There

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I was thinking more along the line of passages that leave no doubt that there is such a thing as "carnal logic."

As in...

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Which is a clear companion to...

2 Corinthians 10:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.

10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

Point being the need to post passages, when asserting a thing; that clearly assert what one is claiming, not passages that only appear to assert what one is claiming.

Especially because there is a huge difference between just logic and logic as used by the Scripture.

The wisdom of this world is the result of logic apllied from within a different context than logic that relies on Scripture for its context.

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

There you have two competing systems of logic.

As in all areas of life; context greatly impacts what and how, logic is applied.

And then, of course, is its' other aspect: intuition.

Which; also when not properly informed by the Scripture (laid out aright) is nothing more than one's own ideas about "the Spirit's leading" and or say on one thing, or another.

Thus the Scripture's many admonitions along the line of the principle that passages like the following; are talking about...

Proverbs 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

I said
without the old testament verses you would have a revelation from Jesus. Very good.

Derf

No such thing as guardian angels.

Are you sure about that:
[Psa 91:9-12 NIV] 9 If you say, "The LORD is my refuge," and you make the Most High your dwelling, 10 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

(Everything else I agree with!)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Are you sure about that:
[Psa 91:9-12 NIV] 9 If you say, "The LORD is my refuge," and you make the Most High your dwelling, 10 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

I said
Your right.

Derf

Are you sure about that:

I said
Your right.
There you go [MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION]! Squeaky agrees with everything you said except the guardian angel thing.

I'm glad I could play this small part in reconciling people together!:banana:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I said
lolol Have you read the revelation on "Intellectual Idiots" yet?

1 Cor 1:26-29
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:25
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:18-21
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
(NKJ)
Unresponsive and self-contradictory nonsense.

That is to say, that the point you are trying to make by quoting those passages is in contradiction to your ability to read those same passages. If your point were valid, the verses would be unintelligable because it is logic that gives them meaning. Not only that, but since the bible directly states that God the Son is Logic and that Logic is God, if your application of those verses were valid, the bible would then be anti-god, indeed it would ant-Christ for it is Christ who is the very incarnation of Logic.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There you go [MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION]! Squeaky agrees with everything you said except the guardian angel thing.

I'm glad I could play this small part in reconciling people together!:banana:

I said
I don't agree with anything clete said. How did you come up with that? I only agreed that we all have guardian angels.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Are you sure about that:

Quite sure. That passage is Messianic. Jesus had guardian angels. It goes well beyond what the text can support to apply such a verse in such a broad sense, especially since we aren't Jews.

Also, there's almost certainly not nearly enough angels in existence for every Christian to have one. Further, since we are in Christ, we don't need them.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Unresponsive and self-contradictory nonsense.

That is to say, that the point you are trying to make by quoting those passages is in contradiction to your ability to read those same passages. If your point were valid, the verses would be unintelligable because it is logic that gives them meaning. Not only that, but since the bible directly states that God the Son is Logic and that Logic is God, if your application of those verses were valid, the bible would then be anti-god, indeed it would ant-Christ for it is Christ who is the very incarnation of Logic.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I said
You can see that your logic comes from your carnal mind. That's why it doesn't make an sense to me. And my verses that I get from the Holy Spirit don't make any sense to you.
Your intellectual, I'm spiritual. You find a truth in your carnal language. I don't I only find truth in the verses from the Holy Spirit. I can talk carnal just because its the only way to explain to you.
Jesus was sanctified by the truth, and I am being sanctified by the real truth.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Quite sure. That passage is Messianic. Jesus had guardian angels. It goes well beyond what the text can support to apply such a verse in such a broad sense, especially since we aren't Jews.

Also, there's almost certainly not nearly enough angels in existence for every Christian to have one. Further, since we are in Christ, we don't need them.

I said
I posted you a whole revelation on guardian angels. Have you read it yet?

randomvim

STUDIP LOGIC

There is so much stupid logic out there, and why do people fall for it. Because of ignorance. They assume that if someone claims that they are a preacher, they must be. God only asks us to believe in His Word as the scripture has said.

John 7:38
38"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
(NKJ)

xxxGod tells us we dont even have to think beyond what is written in the Word of God.

1 Cor 4:6
6Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

xxxBut satan is always there trying to pervert the truth. The Word says the only truth is the Word as it is written. Sanctified is the washing of water by the Word(verses).

17"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18"As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19"And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

xxxIt says there is a milk understanding of the Word and a meat understanding of the Word.

Heb 5:13-6:3
13For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
CHAPTER 6
1Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3And this we will do if God permits.
(NKJ)

xxxIt says to get rid of your imagination. That the only weapon we have from God that we can use against the devil is the Word(verses)

2 Cor 10:3-5
3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

xxxBut we also have the glory seekers. Those who want to be the center of attention that are full of pride. Those that will turn to any logic available to keep everyone focused on them and what they say.

Things like!
Jesus never said He wasnt God.or
1Co 8-6 it doesnt say ONLY one God

xxxWith that kind of logic we will have to assume satan is God because it doesnt say "satan is not God" and it doesnt say Paul is not God so do we assume Paul is God?
1Co 8-6 says there is one God THE FATHER. But the intellectuals only use part of that verse and say they believe in one God. But that is NOT ALL IT SAYS. It says one God the Father.
That is called straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel. What they do is try to get you into your imagnation where they can manipulate you into believing their way. They use things from outside the Word of God to trick you into believing them instead of the Word of God.
Things like trinity, not in the Word of God, deity, not in the Word of God, God the Son, not in the Word of God, God the Holy Spirit, not in the Word of God.

xxxStupid conversations will consume your thinking. The only concern that a real believer has is, "Do I believe what is written in the Word of God? So read and prove that you do believe it the way it is written.

1 Cor 4:6
6Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

xxxAnd nothing in the old testament can help you believe the new testament where Christ is. The only thing the old testament can do is cause you to stumble or fall from grace. And you cant find the true God in the old testament or the true Christ.

Gal 5:1-4

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:8-11
8Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

xxxAnd you cant find out what you believe by reading someone elses opinion. Or through human wisdom. The Word of God is like Prego spagitti sause, Its in there.

Heb 4:12-13
12For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

xxxDont be taken in by fancy words or human wisdom and logic. It is deceiving. Is your faith in what someone told you or in what is written?

1 Cor 2:4-5
4And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

1. By your own logic, this post is either stupid logic or something I would not need to consider as I would only need to rely on the Bible. ?

2. This post appears to condemn the natural use of both our minds and human social interaction. which not just contradicts the very act and message in this post but limits Acts and other parts of Bible which were letters and writtings to the masses.

3. What I dont get is that there is too much in one post. stay with one topic, but instead it goes into other rants.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

randomvim

I said
You are very intellectual and I have never met an intellectual who knew the Holy Spirit. How could you know what the Holy Spirit would demonstrate or not.
I guess the case and point proves I'm not an intellectual idiot. Christianity is the one place that being smart hurts one more than helps them.

1 Cor 1:26-29
26For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29that no flesh should glory in His presence.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:19-21
19For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
(NKJ)
This is furthest from the truth. Christianity is very complex, which is why there are so many denominations and different opinions about it. But to say we must be stupid to believe sounds like an atheist troll.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1. By your own logic, this post is either stupid logic or something I would not need to consider as I would only need to rely on the Bible. ?

2. This post appears to condemn the natural use of both our minds and human social interaction. which not just contradicts the very act and message in this post but limits Acts and other parts of Bible which were letters and writtings to the masses.

3. What I dont get is that there is too much in one post. stay with one topic, but instead it goes into other rants.

I said
lol Well thanks for posting your logic here.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This is furthest from the truth. Christianity is very complex, which is why there are so many denominations and different opinions about it. But to say we must be stupid to believe sounds like an atheist troll.

I said
lol Your just full of all kinds of good examples of the OP

Danoh

Are you sure about that:

As Clete rightly noted; that paasage is Messianic as to Who it is referring to.

Matthew 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Matthew 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

John 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Danoh

And wow! MORE THAN Twelve LEGIONS of Angels...

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Danoh

I said
without the old testament verses you would have a revelation from Jesus. Very good.

Nope; that is your own intuitions, misinformed as they obviously are by your own ideas.

And you can't disagree with my conclusion on this, as you have just now asserted my understanding on these issues is sound :chuckle:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Nope; that is your own intuitions, misinformed as they obviously are by your own ideas.

And you can't disagree with my conclusion on this, as you have just now asserted my understanding on these issues is sound :chuckle:

I said
If you don't abide(live) in the new testament you don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Danoh

I said
If you don't abide(live) in the new testament you don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Sure you did. That's not what you said in your response to my earlier post :chuckle:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
As Clete rightly noted; that paasage is Messianic as to Who it is referring to.

Matthew 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Matthew 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

John 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

I said

Matt 18:10
10 "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
(NKJ)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I said
You can see that your logic comes from your carnal mind. That's why it doesn't make an sense to me. And my verses that I get from the Holy Spirit don't make any sense to you.
The verses all make completely perfect sense to me! They just cannot be used to undermine the very logic that you're using in the attempt!

Why is it that you cannot see that?

I think you do see it, you're just stubbornly resisting the testimony of your own mind.

Your intellectual, I'm spiritual.
The two are not mutually exclusive nor is there any need for them to be at odds. What you mean by this is that you are lead around by your emotions. But even at that, you use a faculty of your mind. All decisions whether good or bad are always - always made in the form of a logical argument, even if you aren't trying to be logical. It is always "Ideas X and Y are true, therefore Z". Even decisions made that some would call instinct are so made. "That is food, I am hungry, therefore eat." It's all logic. There is no other means by which your mind works. The only questions are whether the premises of your decision are true and your logic sound.

You find a truth in your carnal language.
It's just language and nothing you've quoted from the bible contradicts a syllable of it.

I don't I only find truth in the verses from the Holy Spirit. I can talk carnal just because its the only way to explain to you.
That's because language is not carnal. Language is God's idea. All life on this earth is language based (DNA) as is all of creation, as God spoke creation into existence.

Jesus was sanctified by the truth, and I am being sanctified by the real truth.

17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)
Jesus is Truth! He is also Logic. Same thing!

THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL TRUTH FROM ERROR WITHOUT THE APPLICATION OF SOUND REASON!!!

How would you know if someone, some preacher, was telling you something wrong?

That's a real question. How would you know false doctrine when you heard it? Be specific.

Resting in Him,
Clete