ECT A Lot Of Stupid Logic Out There

Derf

I said
Ok. The old covenant is not done away with for the World. The new covenant is only for those that follow Jesus. The world is still under the old covenant. Because not everyone has turned to Jesus.

Which old covenant is the world still under? The Sinai covenant was not made with the world, was it? It was for the Jews, specifically, seems to me. Gentiles weren't included automatically.
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth [is] mine: [Exo 19:5 KJV]​

The Noahic covenant, since it was given to the people that came off the ark and their descendants, would presumably be for the whole world (not just the unbelievers).

9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; 10 And with every living creature that [is] with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. 12 And God said, This [is] the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that [is] with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. 14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: [Gen 9:9-14 KJV]

If the foregoing is a perpetual covenant, then it should still be in force today--not only with the world (unbelievers), but with believers as well, and all the animals, too. This is probably a good thing, as it would be difficult to destroy the whole earth only for the believers. But the scope of the Noahic covenant is rather limited--God promises not to flood the whole earth again, period.

So, apparently, people can be a part of, or benefit from, more than one covenant at a time.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The old testament.

2 Cor 3:9-15
9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.
10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels.
11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

Derf

The old testament.

2 Cor 3:9-15
9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.
10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels.
11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

That passage seems to be referring to the Jews: "a veil lies on their heart." We were discussing the covenant that applies to "the world".

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That passage seems to be referring to the Jews: "a veil lies on their heart." We were discussing the covenant that applies to "the world".

I said
now your getting weird. The old testament is to the world. The Jews were only the example to the world

Derf

I said
now your getting weird. The old testament is to the world. The Jews were only the example to the world

How do you know the old testament it "to the world". Before Christ came, very few of "the world" knew much about the old testament at all. We Gentiles who are great beneficiaries of the New Testament also get to enjoy the Old Testament, but it's mainly the Jews who today only read and study the Old Testament, and prior to Christ, it was mainly the Jews who were interested in it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How do you know the old testament it "to the world". Before Christ came, very few of "the world" knew much about the old testament at all. We Gentiles who are great beneficiaries of the New Testament also get to enjoy the Old Testament, but it's mainly the Jews who today only read and study the Old Testament, and prior to Christ, it was mainly the Jews who were interested in it.

I said
Jew was their religion their nationality was Hebrew. Read the book of Ruth. It will show you that anyone who wanted to be a Jew could. Any nationality that wanted to be Jew could. They just had to circumcise all the males to do it.

Derf

I said
Jew was their religion their nationality was Hebrew. Read the book of Ruth. It will show you that anyone who wanted to be a Jew could. Any nationality that wanted to be Jew could. They just had to circumcise all the males to do it.
Yes, they could, but then they would essentially be Jews and not the world. So the old covenant was for Jews, not the world.

Sent from my Z992 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Think about this most of the people that are arguing against my revelations. Are people that cant even define love with the scriptures. They cant define justice with the scriptures. And yet they keep telling me that I am wrong. They cant tell me why they believe that. They just keep complaining. Now is that stupid logic or what??

1 Tim 1:5-7
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.
(NKJ)

Nobody should be arguing until they can define what their arguing about. They cant define love, conscience, heart or faith. That is stupid logic. What about you can you define these with scripture?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
STUDIP LOGIC

There is so much stupid logic out there, and why do people fall for it. Because of ignorance. They assume that if someone claims that they are a preacher, they must be. God only asks us to believe in His Word as the scripture has said.

John 7:38
38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
(NKJ)

xxxGod tells us we dont even have to think beyond what is written in the Word of God.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

xxxBut satan is always there trying to pervert the truth. The Word says the only truth is the Word as it is written. Sanctified is the washing of water by the Word(verses).

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

xxxIt says there is a milk understanding of the Word and a meat understanding of the Word.

Heb 5:13-6:3
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
CHAPTER 6
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this we will do if God permits.
(NKJ)

xxxIt says to get rid of your imagination. That the only weapon we have from God that we can use against the devil is the Word(verses)

2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

xxxBut we also have the glory seekers. Those who want to be the center of attention that are full of pride. Those that will turn to any logic available to keep everyone focused on them and what they say.

Things like!
Jesus never said He wasnt God.or
1Co 8-6 it doesnt say ONLY one God

xxxWith that kind of logic we will have to assume satan is God because it doesnt say "satan is not God" and it doesnt say Paul is not God so do we assume Paul is God?
1Co 8-6 says there is one God THE FATHER. But the intellectuals only use part of that verse and say they believe in one God. But that is NOT ALL IT SAYS. It says one God the Father.
That is called straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel. What they do is try to get you into your imagnation where they can manipulate you into believing their way. They use things from outside the Word of God to trick you into believing them instead of the Word of God.
Things like trinity, not in the Word of God, deity, not in the Word of God, God the Son, not in the Word of God, God the Holy Spirit, not in the Word of God.

xxxStupid conversations will consume your thinking. The only concern that a real believer has is, "Do I believe what is written in the Word of God? So read and prove that you do believe it the way it is written.

6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

xxxAnd nothing in the old testament can help you believe the new testament where Christ is. The only thing the old testament can do is cause you to stumble or fall from grace. And you cant find the true God in the old testament or the true Christ.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

xxxAnd you cant find out what you believe by reading someone elses opinion. Or through human wisdom. The Word of God is like Prego spagitti sause, Its in there.

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

xxxDont be taken in by fancy words or human wisdom and logic. It is deceiving. Is your faith in what someone told you or in what is written?

1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

This post showed promise until it got to the point near the end where you undermine the veracity of logic itself.

You use logic to call into question what you call stupid logic, which is great but then you use logic to undermine logic itself, which is the stupidest logic of all! How are we to understand what we read without the use of logic? How do the words in the bible have meaning if logic doesn't work? How do we know good bible interpretation from bad without the use of sound reason?

What you call "human wisdom" is "stupid logic" not actual sound reason. It isn't that people cannot use logic correctly it's that they usually don't. You could not have written the first word of your post without logic. The computer you're sitting at works because someone thought it through logically. Every right thought in your mind is logically rational (i.e. consistent with itself and with reality). Every truth you know, you know because of logically sound reason.

And, on a side note, your point about not finding Christ via the Old Testament is contradicted by Galatians 3. Unless you're suggesting that The Law that was a tutor to bring us to Christ is found somewhere other than in the Old Testament.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This post showed promise until it got to the point near the end where you undermine the veracity of logic itself.

You use logic to call into question what you call stupid logic, which is great but then you use logic to undermine logic itself, which is the stupidest logic of all! How are we to understand what we read without the use of logic? How do the words in the bible have meaning if logic doesn't work? How do we know good bible interpretation from bad without the use of sound reason?

What you call "human wisdom" is "stupid logic" not actual sound reason. It isn't that people cannot use logic correctly it's that they usually don't. You could not have written the first word of your post without logic. The computer you're sitting at works because someone thought it through logically. Every right thought in your mind is logically rational (i.e. consistent with itself and with reality). Every truth you know, you know because of logically sound reason.

And, on a side note, your point about not finding Christ via the Old Testament is contradicted by Galatians 3. Unless you're suggesting that The Law that was a tutor to bring us to Christ is found somewhere other than in the Old Testament.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I said
I think the last verse says it best. Jesus wasn't found in the old testament.

The power of God is the Word of God(verses) The verses come from the Holy Spirit. There is a spiritual logic and there is a carnal logic(human wisdom). What you just said, with no spiritual support from the Holy Spirit. So you have no idea of where that logic came from. All our logic and reasoning comes from either our guardian angel or the devil. Our guardian angel is always in agreement with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit leads our guardian angel with the verses. Everything contrary to the Holy Spirit is from the devil. So where do you think your logic came from?

you said

I said
That is an oxymoron. Gal is new testament.

Gal 3:10-12
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."
11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
(NKJ)

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I said
I think the last verse says it best. Jesus wasn't found in the old testament.
The New Testament says otherwise, but I don't care to debate with someone who doesn't think logic is logic.

I said
That is an oxymoron. Gal is new testament.
Yeah, no kidding! That's the exact point, moron.

The power of God is the Word of God(verses) The verses come from the Holy Spirit. There is a spiritual logic and there is a carnal logic(human wisdom).
Logic is logic. That which is irrational is not logical and is false. Human wisdom is not sound reason (logic) which is the whole point.

What you just said, with no spiritual support from the Holy Spirit.
You're a lunatic.

How would you even know this?

So you have no idea of where that logic came from. All our logic and reasoning comes from either our guardian angel or the devil. Our guardian angel is always in agreement with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit leads our guardian angel with the verses. Everything contrary to the Holy Spirit is from the devil. So where do you think your logic came from?
No such thing as guardian angels.

Logic comes from God. Indeed, God is Logic! More specifically, God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ is Logic (John 1:1-14)

There is no truth from anywhere or anyone that is irrational. You, by throwing out logic, throw away your ONLY means of understanding anything, including God's word. Without sound reason, the bible can be made to say anything you want. Without sound reason, you can believe in Adam and Eve, guardian angels, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the 2nd coming of Christ, all with equal validity.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The New Testament says otherwise, but I don't care to debate with someone who doesn't think logic is logic.

Yeah, no kidding! That's the exact point, moron.

Logic is logic. That which is irrational is not logical and is false. Human wisdom is not sound reason (logic) which is the whole point.

You're a lunatic.

How would you even know this?

No such thing as guardian angels.

Logic comes from God. Indeed, God is Logic! More specifically, God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ is Logic (John 1:1-14)

There is no truth from anywhere or anyone that is irrational. You, by throwing out logic, throw away your ONLY means of understanding anything, including God's word. Without sound reason, the bible can be made to say anything you want. Without sound reason, you can believe in Adam and Eve, guardian angels, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the 2nd coming of Christ, all with equal validity.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I said
Oh you have so much to learn.

REASON AND LOGIC (JUST BELIEVE WHAT IS WRITTEN)
1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
2 Cor 13:7-8
7 Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable, though we may seem disqualified.
8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
Mark 2:8
8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, "Why do you reason about these things in your hearts?
Titus 1:16
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
Rom 1:28
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
Rom 1:22
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man-- and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
1 Cor 1:26-30
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God-- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--
1 Cor 2:1-5
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
1 Cor 2:7
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
1 Cor 2:9-10
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1 Cor 2:12-15
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)
XXX If you need carnal logic and reasoning to believe the Word of God, your deceived. In order to come to the Spirit and receive the truth one must purge their minds of carnality. And you can only do this by following the Spirit one verse at a time, purging. And if this doesnt make any sense it is because you are looling at it with your carnal logic and reasoning.

Matt 23:13-27
13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
14 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
15 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
16 "Woe to you, blind guides, who say, 'Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.'
17 "Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold?
18 "And, 'Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.'
19 "Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?
20 "Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it.
21 "He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it.
22 "And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it.
23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
25 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.
26 "Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.
(NKJ)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
XXX If you need carnal logic and reasoning to believe the Word of God, your deceived. In order to come to the Spirit and receive the truth one must purge their minds of carnality. And you can only do this by following the Spirit one verse at a time, purging. And if this doesnt make any sense it is because you are looling at it with your carnal logic and reasoning.
There is no such thing as "carnal logic". There is just logic or irrationality. All truth is rational - all of it. It doesn't matter if you're discussing physics or faith. If what you are saying is true then it will be consistent with both itself and with the rest of reality. That's what it means for something to be rational.

The Greek word logos is where we get the English word logic from. It's meaning is most clearly understood when you see that it is where we get the suffix "-ology" from. So, 'biology', for example, is the logos of life, it is about the way life works or the logic of life, 'Theology' is the logos of the theos, the logic of god, etc.

None of the verses you quote can have any meaning outside of the use of logic. Every argument you make against the veracity of logic uses logic to make the argument as is thus self-defeating stupidity. Logic is utterly irrefragable and unavoidably permeates every thought in your mind. And when you worship Jesus Christ, you worship Logic Himself for He is the very incarnation of Logic!

John 1:1 In the beginning was Logic, and Logic was with God, and Logic was God. 2 He (Logic) was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him (Logic), and without Him (Logic) nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him (Logic) was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light(Logic) shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

14 And Logic became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.​

If you don't like the way they rendering sounds, it's only because you do not understand the meaning of the original language. That rendering is how it would have rung in the ears of those who wrote it and who first read it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no such thing as "carnal logic". There is just logic or irrationality. All truth is rational - all of it. It doesn't matter if you're discussing physics or faith. If what you are saying is true then it will be consistent with both itself and with the rest of reality. That's what it means for something to be rational.

The Greek word logos is where we get the English word logic from. It's meaning is most clearly understood when you see that it is where we get the suffix "-ology" from. So, 'biology', for example, is the logos of life, it is about the way life works or the logic of life, 'Theology' is the logos of the theos, the logic of god, etc.

None of the verses you quote can have any meaning outside of the use of logic. Every argument you make against the veracity of logic uses logic to make the argument as is thus self-defeating stupidity. Logic is utterly irrefragable and unavoidably permeates every thought in your mind. And when you worship Jesus Christ, you worship Logic Himself for He is the very incarnation of Logic!

John 1:1 In the beginning was Logic, and Logic was with God, and Logic was God. 2 He (Logic) was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him (Logic), and without Him (Logic) nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him (Logic) was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light(Logic) shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

14 And Logic became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.​

If you don't like the way they rendering sounds, it's only because you do not understand the meaning of the original language. That rendering is how it would have rung in the ears of those who wrote it and who first read it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I doubt squeak will understand a word of that, but I loved it. :thumb:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Resting in Him,
Clete

I said
lolol Have you read the revelation on "Intellectual Idiots" yet?

1 Cor 1:26-29
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:25
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:18-21
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
(NKJ)

Danoh

Squeaky, though I agree with your assertion that there is such a thing as "carnal" logic, I do so based on Scripture that clearly points it out.

At the same time; you haven't really posted any passages wherein it is described.

Perhaps it was your intuition that you based your assertion on.

Such is often the case when we know we are right or wrong about a thing but don't consciously have the passages in our immediate awareness to show for it.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky, though I agree with your assertion that there is such a thing as "carnal" logic, I do so based on Scripture that clearly points it out.

At the same time; you haven't really posted any passages wherein it is described.

Perhaps it was your intuition that you based your assertion on.

Such is often the case when we know we are right or wrong about about a thing but don't consciously have the passages in our immediate awareness to show for it.

I said
I thought it appeared very clearly in this part of the revelation.

7 Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable, though we may seem disqualified.
8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
Mark 2:8
8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, "Why do you reason about these things in your hearts?
Titus 1:16
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
Rom 1:28
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
Rom 1:22
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man-- and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

But if that is not enough there are many more examples of carnal reason and logic that separates carnal and spiritual logic.

Mark 1:15
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Mark 2:6-8
6 And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts,
7 "Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
(NKJ)

Acts 26:24-25
24 Now as he thus made his defense, Festus said with a loud voice, "Paul, you are beside yourself! Much learning is driving you mad!"
25 But he said, "I am not mad, most noble Festus, but speak the words of truth and reason.
(NKJ)

Danoh

I was thinking more along the line of passages that leave no doubt that there is such a thing as "carnal logic."

As in...

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Which is a clear companion to...

2 Corinthians 10:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.

10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

Point being the need to post passages, when asserting a thing; that clearly assert what one is claiming, not passages that only appear to assert what one is claiming.

Especially because there is a huge difference between just logic and logic as used by the Scripture.

The wisdom of this world is the result of logic apllied from within a different context than logic that relies on Scripture for its context.

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

There you have two competing systems of logic.

As in all areas of life; context greatly impacts what and how, logic is applied.

And then, of course, is its' other aspect: intuition.

Which; also when not properly informed by the Scripture (laid out aright) is nothing more than one's own ideas about "the Spirit's leading" and or say on one thing, or another.

Thus the Scripture's many admonitions along the line of the principle that passages like the following; are talking about...

Proverbs 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.