7th Day Adventists don't like Catholics or the unborn

Cruciform

If I want to learn about Seventh Day Adventist then I will attend their church.
No need, since the information has already been provided to you in Post #2 above.

I generally do not open most links.
Your answer, then, is that you are in fact not interested in factual information. Noted.

To answer your question; I prefer verification of truth through personal experience...
Truth is not a feature of personal experience, but of reason. How you might or might not feel about Adventism, for example, is entirely irrelevant; it holds to and teaches the doctrines it does utterly independently of your sentiments about it or impressions of it.

Like to use scripture and my conscience as well.
"...use scripture" according to whose bindingly authoritative interpretation? Yours? Your pastor's? Your favored recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect's?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

iouae

How many of the other 1050 commandments did God write with his own finger?

And yet the greatest commandment is to love the LORD with all your heart and soul and mind. The greatest command was not written with God's finger.

Should we dismiss all in the Bible that is not written with God's finger?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And yet the greatest commandment is to love the LORD with all your heart and soul and mind. The greatest command was not written with God's finger.

Should we dismiss all in the Bible that is not written with God's finger?

Who gets to define the meaning of love, us or God?

If we love God with all of our heart and soul and mind we won't have any other God in place of him, we won't try to capture an image of God with material items, we won't profane God's authority or character (his name) and we will remember our appointment with him on the day he blessed and sanctified.

That's God's definition and expectation of love toward him.

brewmama

Who gets to define the meaning of love, us or God?

If we love God with all of our heart and soul and mind we won't have any other God in place of him, we won't try to capture an image of God with material items, we won't profane God's authority or character (his name) and we will remember our appointment with him on the day he blessed and sanctified.

That's God's definition and expectation of love toward him.

Um, aren't you kind of missing the point?

iouae

Um, aren't you kind of missing the point?

Thank you.

And the point is not to leave the 10 undone, while we are doing the 1050.

The Sabbath is a TOOL to bring us closer to God.

Folks should glory in what they have done with their tools, not glory in their tools.

keypurr

On the OP: Cruz and Huckabee don't stand a snowball's chance, at this point. The farce that is the Trump candidacy is still pulling large numbers, and if/when that falls apart, its backers are going to rally around the only other candidate who isn't a career politician and speaks his mind, which happens to be Carson (who is neck-in-neck with Trump at times in the polls).

On the SDA: I had the dubious pleasure of being among them for some time. Sure, they're nice people, but they are legalist to an extreme I found disconcerting, extending to matters of diet beyond mere keeping of the Mosaic Law (they are almost to a one vegetarian, as far as I can tell), as well as to matters the Bible doesn't speak on, e.g., musicology (they shun rock music, which to me is a dead giveaway something's wrong with them).

On keypurr: Do you happen to be WWCOG or one of its offshoots?

BV I am a Lone Ranger, I do not belong to any church. I have check out quite a few in my lifetime. I was active in the Lutheran church for some time, it was really my wife's church. But I found that most churches are very limited in their doctrines because of lack of scripture.

You will find good sincere folks in any church.

keypurr

Acts 20:7
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Act 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
Act 20:8 And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together.

Consider that the Apostles always worshiped on the Sabbath as they were Jews. They also see the day starting at sundown. So this verse speaks of the end of their Sabbath meeting lasting until the sun went down and the first day of the week started. Note the lights were on.

"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you also. On the first day of every week let each one of you put aside and save, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come." (1 Cor 16:1-2)

This has nothing to do with the day of worship.

We all need to listen and learn, at 80 I am still learning.
Open your mind.

keypurr

Like I already said, the Apostles and early Jewish Christians went to the synagogues on Sat. to convert people, and met with each other on Sunday for church. How can you think they had church services in synagogues with the Jews who were not supportive of them?

I hope your joking friend.

The first Christians were Sabbath keepers.

Sunday worship started creeping into the church in the second century. It was enforced by the Church and State in the fourth. Sunday worship is pagan, so is the Trinity.

OCTOBER23

BREWMASTER said,

The Christians met with each other on Sunday for church.
---------------------------------------------
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

They were afraid of the JEWISH SANHEDRIN in Jerusalem

and that is why they met together on Sunday.

brewmama

BREWMASTER said,

The Christians met with each other on Sunday for church.
---------------------------------------------

They were afraid of the JEWISH SANHEDRIN in Jerusalem

and that is why they met together on Sunday.

So you agree they met on Sunday?

You guys are out there!

"While Sabbatarians will quote 20th century authors who guess about what happened 1900 years earlier, we quote Christians whose writings are 1900 years old!"

http://www.bible.ca/H-sunday.htm

rstrats

brewmama,
re: "...the Apostles and early Jewish Christians...met with each other on Sunday for church."

Actually, as far as the Bible is concerned, there are only two times mentioned with regard to anybody getting together on the first (day) of the week - John 20:19 and Acts 20:7. There is never any mention of them ever again being together on the first. The John reference has them together in a closed room after the crucifixion because they were afraid of their fellow Jews. Nothing is said about a celebration, worship service or day of rest. The Acts reference has them together because Paul happened to be in town and he wanted to talk to them before he had to leave again. The breaking of bread mentioned (even if it were referring to the Lord's Supper) had nothing to do with placing a special emphasis on the first (day) because Acts 2:46 says that they broke bread every day.

re: "'Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you also. On the first day of every week let each one of you put aside and save, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come.' (1 Cor 16:1-2)"

I assume that you're using 1 Corinthians 16:2 to support your notion that NT Christians observed the first day of the week for their day of rest and worship. However, there is nothing in the verse that indicates that. The text merely says that everyone should "lay by him in store" on the first day of the week. The Darby Translation reads: "On the first of the week let each of you put by at home, laying up in whatever degree he may have prospered, that there may be no collections when I come". The New Swedish and Norwegian Bibles read: "At home by himself". The Lamsa Translation reads: "Let each of you put aside and keep in his house". The Wemouth reads: "Let each of you put on one side and store up at his home". Ballantine's Translation reads: "Let each of you lay up at home". The Syriac, on this passage reads: "Let every one of you lay aside and preserve at home". And the New Catholic Edition of the Bible reads: ".......let each one of you put aside at home and lay up whatever he has a mind to". This verse says nothing about going to church for worship on the first day or even assembling together on the first day of the week.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Matthew, Mark and Luke say that the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath. (Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:28, Luke 6:5 NKJV)

After all, it was Christ who blessed and sanctified the seventh day as a day of rest.

brewmama

Matthew, Mark and Luke say that the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath. (Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:28, Luke 6:5 NKJV)

After all, it was Christ who blessed and sanctified the seventh day as a day of rest.

So? What does that have to do with the Lord's Day being Sunday, since it was the Resurrection day?

keypurr

So? What does that have to do with the Lord's Day being Sunday, since it was the Resurrection day?

Your church tried to change the day of worship that God installed in his commandments. Are they above the creator? Can they rewrite the Laws written in the stones given to Moses?

Jesus and his followers were Sabbath keepers not Sunday keepers. The Sun God holds Sunday holy. Who do you wish to follow?

rstrats

brewmama,
re: "Sunday"

If by Sunday you mean the first day of the week, I'm not aware of any scripture that ever refers to the first day of the week as the Lord's day. What do you have in mind?

elohiym

Like I already said, the Apostles and early Jewish Christians went to the synagogues on Sat. to convert people, and met with each other on Sunday for church.

That's not accurate. The seventh-day sabbath was kept by almost all Christians for several hundred years after Christ's resurrection.

In the 4th century, Socrates Scholasticus (Church History, Book V) stated:[10]

For although almost all churches throughout the world celebrate the sacred mysteries on the sabbath of every week, yet the Christians of Alexandria and at Rome, on account of some ancient tradition, have ceased to do this. The Egyptians in the neighborhood of Alexandria, and the inhabitants of Thebaïs, hold their religious assemblies on the sabbath, but do not participate of the mysteries in the manner usual among Christians in general: for after having eaten and satisfied themselves with food of all kinds, in the evening making their offerings they partake of the mysteries.​

In the 5th century, Sozomen (Ecclesiastical History, Book VII), referencing Socrates Scholasticus, added to his description:[11]

Assemblies are not held in all churches on the same time or manner. The people of Constantinople, and almost everywhere, assemble together on the Sabbath, as well as on the first day of the week, which custom is never observed at Rome or at Alexandria. There are several cities and villages in Egypt where, contrary to the usage established elsewhere, the people meet together on Sabbath evenings, and, although they have dined previously, partake of the mysteries.​

What I get from those histories is that all believers kept the fourth commandment (remember the sabbath) but not all believers congregated on the sabbath to partake of the mysteries.