7th Day Adventists don't like Catholics or the unborn

republicanchick

Seventh Day Adventists don't like Catholics or the unborn

I have discussed theology with them b4, and it is unbelievable how much they HATE Catholicism (if not Catholics). they are closed-minded to what the Church has to say or teach.

Also, they believe REALLY weird things about end times.. that the RC Church is the anti-Christ (Hey, some of the people in the RCC are definitely anti-Christ... but that doesn't mean...)

They (SDAs) also don't like the unborn. They teach that abortion is acceptable in some situations. Really? Murder is OK in certain situations??

Right..

As Ronald Reagan said:

That's easy for them to say, they are already born

Stand up for the unborn: Refuse to vote for Carson...

vote for

Cruz
or Huckabee

(I think Rubio voted for amnesty...)

+++

Wick Stick

Well, their theology demands that the Pope is the antichrist and the RCC is the beast of Revelation.

So, yeah... they probably aren't too anxious to cooperate with you.

Jarrod

popsthebuilder

Ancient Roman Catholic founders where involved in atrocities of many sorts. To this day they have intentionally lead many astray. This has little to do with the generally strong Faith of Catholic followers. Actually, from what I have read, the current pope seems to be trying to set things straight as best he can. Ancient Roman Ctholisism can be traced to the two headed beast. That in no way damns any follower though. To be of the truly faithful under God and wholly giving without wanting in return with sacrifice of sin from self based on scripture and conscience through truth with self any can followers of Christ under God.

I had one meeting with Seventh Day Adventist. They were knowledgeable and well spoken, if a little closed to the outside. They seemed genuine in their Faith. The fact that they understand that the seventh day of our week is Saturday and observe the Sabbath on that day says something for there strong Faith and as such most likely their adhearance. I want to make it back to that service.

brewmama

Ancient Roman Catholic founders where involved in atrocities of many sorts. To this day they have intentionally lead many astray. This has little to do with the generally strong Faith of Catholic followers. Actually, from what I have read, the current pope seems to be trying to set things straight as best he can. Ancient Roman Ctholisism can be traced to the two headed beast. That in no way damns any follower though. To be of the truly faithful under God and wholly giving without wanting in return with sacrifice of sin from self based on scripture and conscience through truth with self any can followers of Christ under God.

Wow, I'm amazed at the anti-Catholic vitriol that pops up on this site. It is pretty much never factual and quite abusive and hateful. Please, please educate yourself. (This is not directed only at you) :(

keypurr

I had one meeting with Seventh Day Adventist. They were knowledgeable and well spoken, if a little closed to the outside. They seemed genuine in their Faith. The fact that they understand that the seventh day of our week is Saturday and observe the Sabbath on that day says something for there strong Faith and as such most likely their adhearance. I want to make it back to that service.

I agree that they seem to be nice people. They are the ones who brought me to God when the Baptist church could not display a steady light of truth. They jump started me on to many years of study. But I have studies many "Christian" churches and found all in need of truth.

The RCC has done a great job of changing the meaning of the scriptures to bring into the church many pagan ideas. Sunday worship is just one of them.

Sad, but true.

keypurr

Wow, I'm amazed at the anti-Catholic vitriol that pops up on this site. It is pretty much never factual and quite abusive and hateful. Please, please educate yourself. (This is not directed only at you) :(

You have a lot to learn friend. Start with history. I have no hate for any one but the RCC has done more to distort the truth than any one.

brewmama

I agree that they seem to be nice people. They are the ones who brought me to God when the Baptist church could not display a steady light of truth. They jump started me on to many years of study. But I have studies many "Christian" churches and found all in need of truth.

The RCC has done a great job of changing the meaning of the scriptures to bring into the church many pagan ideas. Sunday worship is just one of them.

Sad, but true.

No, it is not true. The early Jewish Christians continued to go to synagogue on Saturday, but always held their communion service on Sunday.

brewmama

You have a lot to learn friend. Start with history. I have no hate for any one but the RCC has done more to distort the truth than any one.

What makes you think I don't know history? Judging from your post about Sat. worship, you are the one that does not know history.

keypurr

What makes you think I don't know history? Judging from your post about Sat. worship, you are the one that does not know history.

You do not seem to know about Church history or how it came to power. you do not seem to know when Sunday worship came into the Christian religion either. Friend, I am History, I have studies the scriptures for over seventy years. Christ and his Apostles NEVER supported Sunday worship or a three piece God.

Open your mind to what could be, not what you have been told.

OCTOBER23

Republichick

EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD THINKS THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

IS RUN BY THE DEVIL BECAUSE LUCREZIA BORGIA'S DAD

WAS AN ADULTEROUS POPE JUST LIKE MANY OF THE OTHER POPES.

If you want to find out who the Anti-christ is just look at the Fruits of the Catholic Church.

Pope Alexander VI, born Roderic Llançol i de Borja (Valencian Spanish: Rodrigo Lanzol y de Borja 1 January 1431 – 18 August 1503), was Pope from 11 August 1492 until his death. He is one of the most controversial of the Renaissance popes, partly because he acknowledged fathering several children by his mistresses.

iouae

The SDA's are nice folk, who don't get out much, so there will not be too many of them on a forum such as this. They are serious about righteous living, helping through medicine and education, evangelism etc. They are over zealous on foods, and especially alcohol avoidance.

They suck at prophecy, yet boast of their founder having had the "spirit of prophecy". They are wrong on the Catholics, and their belief that Sunday worship is the mark of the Beast.

Yet many are quite happy to consider Sunday keepers as true believers (Sunday keepers keep nothing like their Sabbath as a rule - they go to church on Sunday).

Brother Vinny

On the OP: Cruz and Huckabee don't stand a snowball's chance, at this point. The farce that is the Trump candidacy is still pulling large numbers, and if/when that falls apart, its backers are going to rally around the only other candidate who isn't a career politician and speaks his mind, which happens to be Carson (who is neck-in-neck with Trump at times in the polls).

On the SDA: I had the dubious pleasure of being among them for some time. Sure, they're nice people, but they are legalist to an extreme I found disconcerting, extending to matters of diet beyond mere keeping of the Mosaic Law (they are almost to a one vegetarian, as far as I can tell), as well as to matters the Bible doesn't speak on, e.g., musicology (they shun rock music, which to me is a dead giveaway something's wrong with them).

On keypurr: Do you happen to be WWCOG or one of its offshoots?

iouae

On the OP: Cruz and Huckabee don't stand a snowball's chance, at this point. The farce that is the Trump candidacy is still pulling large numbers, and if/when that falls apart, its backers are going to rally around the only other candidate who isn't a career politician and speaks his mind, which happens to be Carson (who is neck-in-neck with Trump at times in the polls).

On the SDA: I had the dubious pleasure of being among them for some time. Sure, they're nice people, but they are legalist to an extreme I found disconcerting, extending to matters of diet beyond mere keeping of the Mosaic Law (they are almost to a one vegetarian, as far as I can tell), as well as to matters the Bible doesn't speak on, e.g., musicology (they shun rock music, which to me is a dead giveaway something's wrong with them).

On keypurr: Do you happen to be WWCOG or one of its offshoots?

One thing that WWCOG and the SDA's have in common is a fixation with "watching" world news through a prophetic lens. And both suck equally at it.

Brother Vinny

One thing that WWCOG and the SDA's have in common is a fixation with "watching" world news through a prophetic lens. And both suck equally at it.

Another: Sabbath-keeping as a test of true worship ( although each would exclude the other from fellowship, I believe).