7th Day Adventists don't like Catholics or the unborn

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seventh Day Adventists don't like Catholics or the unborn

I have discussed theology with them b4, and it is unbelievable how much they HATE Catholicism (if not Catholics). they are closed-minded to what the Church has to say or teach.

You hurl claims of hatred towards anyone who dares disagree with you.

Insofar as being a SDA, big :thumb: for him.

iouae

Another: Sabbath-keeping as a test of true worship ( although each would exclude the other from fellowship, I believe).

Yes. Watch any of their broadcasts and see how often they emphasise "keeping the commandments" - meaning the Sabbath. It's like a great warm comfort blanket.

But there are 1050 other commandments in the NT which non-Sabbath keeping churches may be keeping better than them.

brewmama

Show me in scripture.

Remember the day starts at sundown.

Acts 20:7
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you also. On the first day of every week let each one of you put aside and save, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come." (1 Cor 16:1-2)

brewmama

You do not seem to know about Church history or how it came to power. you do not seem to know when Sunday worship came into the Christian religion either. Friend, I am History, I have studies the scriptures for over seventy years. Christ and his Apostles NEVER supported Sunday worship or a three piece God.

Open your mind to what could be, not what you have been told.

Studying the Scriptures is admirable, but it is certainly not studying Church history. I am a member of the Church that was founded by the Apostles, and where followers were first called Christians. There are churches founded by Paul that are still there today. Perhaps you should actually study Church history rather than whatever it is you think is history.

Are you saying you don't believe in the Trinity either?? Oy vey! :shocked:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But there are 1050 other commandments in the NT which non-Sabbath keeping churches may be keeping better than them.

How many of the other 1050 commandments did God write with his own finger?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 20:7
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

But we sailed away from Philippi after the Days of Unleavened Bread and in five days joined them at Troas where we stayed seven days. Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight. (Acts 20:6-7)

I have seen people try to use Acts 20:7 to establish Sunday observance, but does it really? It seems they often fail to mention the preceding verse about the Days of Unleavened Bread.

The Days of Unleavened Bread occur annually from Nisan 15 through Nisan 21. During this seven day period there are normally three Sabbaths, two annual Sabbaths and the weekly Sabbath. Occasionally one of the annual Sabbaths will coincide with the weekly Sabbath and there will only be two Sabbaths during Unleavened Bread.

Paul stayed at Troas seven days which would be Monday through Sunday. Luke does not tell us whether Paul spoke at the synagogue on the Sabbath but he does say that when the people broke bread that evening (the beginning of Sunday) he spoke until daybreak Sunday morning.

Paul evidently had a lot to say to the people of Troas and he wanted to get it in before the people continued their harvest the next day and Paul moved on. Paul wanted to be in Jerusalem for Pentecost.

There is nothing about Paul's all night speaking that established a precedent for Sunday observance. If anything it establishes the observance of Unleavened Bread. Too bad that is usually skipped over.

brewmama

But we sailed away from Philippi after the Days of Unleavened Bread and in five days joined them at Troas where we stayed seven days. Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight. (Acts 20:6-7)

I have seen people try to use Acts 20:7 to establish Sunday observance, but does it really? It seems they often fail to mention the preceding verse about the Days of Unleavened Bread.

The Days of Unleavened Bread occur annually from Nisan 15 through Nisan 21. During this seven day period there are normally three Sabbaths, two annual Sabbaths and the weekly Sabbath. Occasionally one of the annual Sabbaths will coincide with the weekly Sabbath and there will only be two Sabbaths during Unleavened Bread.

Paul stayed at Troas seven days which would be Monday through Sunday. Luke does not tell us whether Paul spoke at the synagogue on the Sabbath but he does say that when the people broke bread that evening (the beginning of Sunday) he spoke until daybreak Sunday morning.

Paul evidently had a lot to say to the people of Troas and he wanted to get it in before the people continued their harvest the next day and Paul moved on. Paul wanted to be in Jerusalem for Pentecost.

There is nothing about Paul's all night speaking that established a precedent for Sunday observance. If anything it establishes the observance of Unleavened Bread. Too bad that is usually skipped over.

Please show your evidence that Paul celebrated communion on the 7th day of the week there.
I see your little trick of saying that they met Sat evening, when there is no evidence of that.

I did not realize that this forum is for wacky untraditional doctrines, and don't really want to get bogged down arguing about such modern unsupported fallacies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Please show your evidence that Paul celebrated communion on the 7th day of the week there.
I see your little trick of saying that they met Sat evening, when there is no evidence of that.

Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica where there was a synagogue of the Jews. Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures... (Acts 17:1-2 NKJV)​

What was Paul's custom?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's your point RC? Look who's leadership this nation has been under for the past eight years.

brewmama

Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica where there was a synagogue of the Jews. Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures... (Acts 17:1-2 NKJV)​

What was Paul's custom?

Like I already said, the Apostles and early Jewish Christians went to the synagogues on Sat. to convert people, and met with each other on Sunday for church. How can you think they had church services in synagogues with the Jews who were not supportive of them?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Like I already said, the Apostles and early Jewish Christians went to the synagogues on Sat. to convert people, and met with each other on Sunday for church. How can you think they had church services in synagogues with the Jews who were not supportive of them?

So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Why didn't Paul tell the Gentiles he would meet with them the next day on Sunday?

brewmama

So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Why didn't Paul tell the Gentiles he would meet with them the next day on Sunday?

Because the church was for believers only. Do you seriously not know this?

popsthebuilder

Are you interested in factual information?
If I want to learn about Seventh Day Adventist then I will attend their church. Of you have an opinion you would like to convey then you could state it. I generally do not open most links. To answer your question; I prefer verification of truth through personal experience rather than the opinions of others. Like to use scripture and my conscience as well.
Thanks though.
Peace.