2 Cor 4.4 (Jesus, The God of this age!)

glorydaz

Yes those men were a determinate council, not God! They were determined to kill him, and they did so by wicked hands.

Try to concentrate on what is written. NOT what you imagine the verse is saying. :readthis:

The determinate counsel and foreknowledge OF GOD. NOT of those men.

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:​

You may not like me GD, but surely you can see that it was the devil in the hearts of those men who murdered Jesus, not God? God is not evil like those men where.

I don't like the blasphemy you preach.

That you think it was evil of God to become flesh, willingly die for the sins of the world, offer Himself a sacrifice for our sins, defeat satan and death, and raise again from the dead to return to His former glory is mind boggling.

You are of the flesh, and judge according to the flesh. That you remain stuck on stupid is only a sign of pride, and it's no wonder you are blind to the simplest of verses. Let's try again.

"They were determined to kill him" has NOTHING to do with the determinate counsel of God.

This plan of redemption (His life, death, and resurrection) was from before the foundation of the world.

glorydaz

I don't care what you think of me, I hope that one day you'll see the truth. There is no way that the love of God was in those men who handed Jesus to be scourged and murdered.

Are you truly that dense? I have never said the love of God was in those men. I'm talking about God being over all men and all principalities and powers, and nothing they can ever do would thwart HIS plan of salvation for mankind. IN FACT, God is able to use evil men for HIS own purposes. :duh:

marhig

Try to concentrate on what is written. NOT what you imagine the verse is saying. :readthis:

The determinate counsel and foreknowledge OF GOD. NOT of those men.

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:​

I don't like the blasphemy you preach.

That you think it was evil of God to become flesh, willingly die for the sins of the world, offer Himself a sacrifice for our sins, defeat satan and death, and raise again from the dead to return to His former glory is mind boggling.

You are of the flesh, and judge according to the flesh. That you remain stuck on stupid is only a sign of pride, and it's no wonder you are blind to the simplest of verses. Let's try again.

"They were determined to kill him" has NOTHING to do with the determinate counsel of God.

This plan of redemption (His life, death, and resurrection) was from before the foundation of the world.
I think it was evil that wicked men sinned against God and murdered Jesus, God said thou shalt not kill, and thou shalt not bare false witness, and those who handed Jesus over went completely against God and bore false witness and handed him over to be murdered, this is not the work of God, no matter how much you try to make it be, out was the works of Satan in their hearts. As Jesus said, those who handed me over to you have committed a greater sin, how can you not see that it was a sin to hand Jesus over to be killed? When Jesus says that they committed a greater sin than that of Pilate? And it was because they knew God!

The parable of the wicked husbandmen is about Jesus and the Jews of that time. And this parable shows that they were wrong to kill Jesus and the prophets before him, and that God would take the vineyard from them, which he did. And the way back for them now is the way of Jesus.

marhig

Are you truly that dense? I have never said the love of God was in those men. I'm talking about God being over all men and all principalities and powers, and nothing they can ever do would thwart HIS plan of salvation for mankind. IN FACT, God is able to use evil men for HIS own purposes. :duh:
Your the one saying that it was by the will of God that these men murdered Jesus, no it was not the will of God, God is not sin and these men sinned, and even Paul said that they pleased not God in killing him. If it was by the will of God, then why did Jesus ask God to forgive them when he was dying on the cross? They wouldn't need forgiveness if what they were doing was by the will of God. They murdered Jesus because Satan was in their hearts. It was by the will of God that Jesus went through the suffering to bare witness to the truth, even going through dying on the cross, and overcome Satans evil with good by never sinning and showing love compassion and forgiveness in replace of the evil that was done to him right up until his last breath.

Jesus never ever sinned, and he overcame Satan. Jesus fought Satan and won, never letting sin touch him, he was without any blemish of the world and his garments were unspotted and he never ever let the lusts of the flesh and this world into his heart. And the father gave him the power over all flesh, because Jesus always did what pleased him and always lived by his will, so the father never left him, and he strengthened him to bare what was set before him. And he will strengthen us through Christ too if we live by his will.

God's plan of salvation of mankind was for Jesus to bare witness to the truth and preach the gospel, and we are saved by believing in Jesus, by believing in the gospel he preached, by the grace of God through faith.

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

glorydaz

God's plan of salvation of mankind was for Jesus to bare witness to the truth and preach the gospel, and we are saved by believing in Jesus, by believing in the gospel he preached, by the grace of God through faith.

Except, of course, all the sins of the world put mankind at enmity with God. :rolleyes:

The Truth is NOT that God is so UNRIGHTEOUS as to exact no penalty for transgressions of His Holy Law. Now you can pretend that Jesus didn't have to shed His blood for our sins, but you'd best get yourself a different "holy" book to read.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

God's Truth

Works do not precede you into Heaven....they follow you.

No one can even get inside Jesus and receive him unless he accepts you. Jesus accepts those who obey.

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

You have to make your heart right by doing what Jesus says.

Apple7

No one can even get inside Jesus and receive him unless he accepts you. Jesus accepts those who obey.

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

You have to make your heart right by doing what Jesus says.

Jesus preached a Triune God.

God's Truth

Which tells me you don't know the difference between God's works and satan's (or your own, for that matter).

Acts 2:23
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:​

God allowed the wicked men who belonged to Satan to do it.

God's Truth

Yes those men were a determinate council, not God! They were determined to kill him, and they did so by wicked hands. The will of God was that Jesus was to bare witness to the truth, and he knew before hand what wicked men would do to Jesus and he foretold it in the prophets. And it pleased God to bruise him and his soul was made an offering for sin by him coming here and living by the will of God and preaching the gospel to save as many as he could by the grace of God through faith, it says that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself by the gospel, by word of reconciliation which is the word of God. It pleased God that Jesus was willing for the suffering that he was to go through to save those who believed in him.

You may not like me GD, but surely you can see that it was the devil in the hearts of those men who murdered Jesus, not God? God is not evil like those men where.

You tell GD that she might not like you, but you must really like her, because I don't think I heard you tell her once that you had to go make your husband tea.

marhig

Except, of course, all the sins of the world put mankind at enmity with God. :rolleyes:

The Truth is NOT that God is so UNRIGHTEOUS as to exact no penalty for transgressions of His Holy Law. Now you can pretend that Jesus didn't have to shed His blood for our sins, but you'd best get yourself a different "holy" book to read.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
It's not his natural blood GD, it's Spiritual, just like the seed isn't a natural seed, bread isn't natural bread and the water isn't natural water, we are to eat his flesh and drink his blood, it isn't natural it's Spiritual! You would still think that the rivers of living water are natural if it hadn't been explained to you in the bible that this is the Holy Spirit!

The blood is his life poured out and that life must be within our hearts made manifest by the power of the Spirit to cleanse us of our sins, cleansing our hearts and helping us to overcome sin being made just and righteous by his life in us. That's why we are to eat his flesh and drink his blood, it's to take his whole life in the inward and the outward, the flesh (outward) and the blood (inward) and then once we have the life of Christ within we will live out, and we will strive against sin and live by the will of God. Because we love him and we will want to please him, and as we turn from sin God will strengthen us to overcome through Christ by the power of the Spirit.

God does not need to come and be a human sacrifice to save us from his own wrath, that is not right.

Jesus came being sent from God, to be a living sacrifice to do the will of God and bare witness to the truth and reconcile those who believe in him through the gospel, by the word of God through faith by the grace of God. He sacrificed his whole life, not living by his will to bare witness to the truth to save as many who truly believe in him.

It says in the Bible that Jesus came by water and by blood, that means that he came by the word of God and he lived it out in his flesh. Denying the ways of the world, denying his will, striving against sin, to please the father to bring the truth to those who are in darkness by shining the lighting of God and enlightening the hearts of those who believe in the truth and repent and turn to God.

marhig

If Jesus fought Satan and won...how is it that you maintain that Satan murdered Jesus?!

:rotfl:
Jesus fought Satan and won by not sinning, by not giving in to him, by suffering everything that was set before him even being scourged and murdered on the cross and showing love, mercy and forgiveness in return for the hate and cruelty that was done to him, and and he showed no vengeance. Being murdered he said father forgive them, Satan wanted him to blaspheme God, to sin, to turn from the cross and say no way I'm not going through that. But he didn't, he endured whatever Satan did to him, and he endured to the end bringing us a perfect example to follow. This is the love of God that God has for us and Jesus was willing to go through everything to bring us the truth, and our hearts can be changed to be more like that of Christ through Jesus Christ by the power of the Spirit.

We overcome satan with love, and once Christ is in our hearts through the Spirit, then his love and life within us can help us to overcome the world, help us to overcome sin, bringing us from death to life by the power of the Holy Spirit.

marhig

You tell GD that she might not like you, but you must really like her, because I don't think I heard you tell her once that you had to go make your husband tea.
No I fell asleep instead, it was in the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep so I looked on here. But I was tired and drifted off.

By the way, I don't dislike GD or you, I just don't agree with the way you both believe. But God looks at the heart first and foremost and he knows who's heard the truth and who lives by it and who is and who isn't living by his will.

God's Truth

No I fell asleep instead, it was in the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep so I looked on here. But I was tired and drifted off.

By the way, I don't dislike GD or you, I just don't agree with the way you both believe. But God looks at the heart first and foremost and he knows who's heard the truth and who lives by it and who is and who isn't living by his will.

I couldn't care any less what you think of me. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy when you debate me as opposed to GD.