2 Cor 4.4 (Jesus, The God of this age!)

God's Truth

Those on the wrong path are those who who say they love God and put their flesh before him, like the Pharisees. Jesus is not talking to those who live by the will of God, but those who go against God, and those who go against God are those who love the world and flesh.

And you don't know the heart of others to know who is and who isn't truly living by the will of God, just because people agree with you, doesn't mean they are living right before God. Only God can know their hearts.

We can know what is in someone's heart.

Luke 6:45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you find any scripture where Jesus says He is Lord?
Can you find any scripture where Jesus says He is Savior?

You don't know the scriptures where it is said Jesus is Lord and Savior?

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Titus 3:5, 6 He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,

Acts Acts 5:31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.
Another wrong answer by GT because she does not pay attention to what the question is.
Read the question again, slower, GT.

Apple7

People who wanted to kill Jesus were doing Satan's works.

You and your ilk speak of our not having to do any works, but Jesus tells us that it is how we know has God as their Father or Satan as their father.

Works do not precede you into Heaven....they follow you.

glorydaz

People who wanted to kill Jesus were doing Satan's works.

You and your ilk speak of our not having to do any works, but Jesus tells us that it is how we know has God as their Father or Satan as their father.

Which tells me you don't know the difference between God's works and satan's (or your own, for that matter).

Acts 2:23
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:​

marhig

Which tells me you don't know the difference between God's works and satan's (or your own, for that matter).

Acts 2:23
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:​
So does God do wicked works then? It says in that verse that they took Jesus by wicked hands and killed him! God is not wicked and he doesn't entice people to do wicked works, only Satan does that!

Foreknowledge of God does not mean that God wanted them to murder Jesus, it means he knew what they would do to him. Jesus clearly says, that their wanted to kill him because they were doing the works of their father the devil and that he was a murderer from the beginning.

Their father the devil murdered Jesus, not their father God, because they weren't living by the will of God! What don't you get about Paul saying in the Bible that they pleased not God in murdering Jesus? It even says in the book of Revelation that where they crucified Jesus is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, God destroyed Sodom and he plagued Egypt because of their wicked ways, both loved their flesh before God. And those who loved their flesh before God murdered the holy son of the living God, and they were certainly not under the influence of God. They were evil and wicked, and they slew the prince of life and hung him from a tree and treated him as nothing, that certainly isn't the works of the father!

marhig

:doh:

John 10:17-18 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​

He came to die. You've been told this before. :rolleyes:

John 12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Speaking of His death, He says, "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out."

John 12:28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. 29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. 30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. 31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. 32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Laying down his life doesn't mean naturally dying, it means laying down his life to live by the will of God and bring the love of God to others with the hope of saving as many as he could. And he could have took it up again, but he never, because he loved God before himself and lived by his will as he was sent to do and denied his own will.

Jesus says that no greater love has a man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. Does that mean that we all have to be murdered for our friends? No, it means that we don't live to please ourselves but that we lay down our lives and deny ourselves live by the will of God and truly follow Jesus living it out, and bringing the gospel and the life of Christ to others, so that Christ in us can work through us and carry on saving those in darkness and the world.

He had to bare whatever he went through, and in doing so he overcame Satan and the world!

marhig

Blather....lots of blather. :nono:

Psalm 24:1The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

God loves the people in the world not the ways of the world, we are to come out of the world not carry on living in it. Jesus was a light shining in the darkness of the world but he was not of this and neither are those who belong to him as he said in John 17.

And we are to go into the world and bring the love of God and the gospel to them, but we are not live by the ways of it.

James said this

True and undefiled religion is this, to visit the fatherless and the widows in their affliction and remain from the world

glorydaz

So does God do wicked works then? It says in that verse that they took Jesus by wicked hands and killed him! God is not wicked and he doesn't entice people to do wicked works, only Satan does that!

Foreknowledge of God does not mean that God wanted them to murder Jesus, it means he knew what they would do to him. Jesus clearly says, that their wanted to kill him because they were doing the works of their father the devil and that he was a murderer from the beginning.

Determinate means God determined it was to occur. Had Jesus not laid down His life for the sins of mankind, we would all die in our sins.

Their father the devil murdered Jesus, not their father God, because they weren't living by the will of God! What don't you get about Paul saying in the Bible that they pleased not God in murdering Jesus?

"What don't you get" about it pleasing God?

Isaiah 53:10
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.​

Show me the quote from Paul that you have clearly misinterpreted. Paul does speak of the so called "wisdom of this world" of those who had no clue that they were accomplishing the will of God when they crucified the Lord of Glory. I see you're among that group.

1 Cor. 2:6-8 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.​

It even says in the book of Revelation that where they crucified Jesus is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, God destroyed Sodom and he plagued Egypt because of their wicked ways, both loved their flesh before God. And those who loved their flesh before God murdered the holy son of the living God, and they were certainly not under the influence of God. They were evil and wicked, and they slew the prince of life and hung him from a tree and treated him as nothing, that certainly isn't the works of the father!

You say these things because you have no clue of why Jesus came to die upon the cross. You're simply an infidel in need of salvation. :nono:

marhig

The Pharisees were blind to WHO Jesus Christ was, and when He told them He was God (I AM), they rejected Him in their very blindness. They were judging after the flesh (just as you women do).

John 8:12-15 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.​

God gave the Jews this spirit of blindness. Isaiah 6:9-10

Romans 11:7-8
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.​

And who do you think the Spirit of blindness is?

marhig

Determinate means God determined it was to occur. Had Jesus not laid down His life for the sins of mankind, we would all die in our sins.

"What don't you get" about it pleasing God?

Isaiah 53:10
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.​

Show me the quote from Paul that you have clearly misinterpreted. Paul does speak of the so called "wisdom of this world" of those who had no clue that they were accomplishing the will of God when they crucified the Lord of Glory. I see you're among that group.

1 Cor. 2:6-8 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.​

You say these things because you have no clue of why Jesus came to die upon the cross. You're simply an infidel in need of salvation. :nono:

Yes those men were a determinate council, not God! They were determined to kill him, and they did so by wicked hands. The will of God was that Jesus was to bare witness to the truth, and he knew before hand what wicked men would do to Jesus and he foretold it in the prophets. And it pleased God to bruise him and his soul was made an offering for sin by him coming here and living by the will of God and preaching the gospel to save as many as he could by the grace of God through faith, it says that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself by the gospel, by word of reconciliation which is the word of God. It pleased God that Jesus was willing for the suffering that he was to go through to save those who believed in him.

You may not like me GD, but surely you can see that it was the devil in the hearts of those men who murdered Jesus, not God? God is not evil like those men where.

glorydaz

Laying down his life doesn't mean naturally dying, it means laying down his life to live by the will of God and bring the love of God to others with the hope of saving as many as he could. And he could have took it up again, but he never, because he loved God before himself and lived by his will as he was sent to do and denied his own will.

Jesus says that no greater love has a man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. Does that mean that we all have to be murdered for our friends? No, it means that we don't live to please ourselves but that we lay down our lives and deny ourselves live by the will of God and truly follow Jesus living it out, and bringing the gospel and the life of Christ to others, so that Christ in us can work through us and carry on saving those in darkness and the world.

He had to bare whatever he went through, and in doing so he overcame Satan and the world!

Why are you posting here? Does this sermonizing stroke your ego?

You are a perfect example of why your mind has been blinded. You deny the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. You deny the necessity for His death on the Cross. You deny He took up His life again by resurrecting from the dead.

I don't think you're blind because you love the darkness more than the light, which is why some are blind. I believe you are blinded because you deny Jesus Christ is God, and it's your ungodly PRIDE that is keeping you from seeing the light of the glorious gospel - BECAUSE JESUS IS THE TRUE LIGHT. Which, is a point for Apple's OP. God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble.

glorydaz

And who do you think the Spirit of blindness is?

Be careful with your capital letters, you might get confused.

Maybe it's that same dude as the spirit of slumber or the spirit of fear. :chuckle:

Maybe the spirit of bondage or the spirit of wisdom?

marhig

Why are you posting here? Does this sermonizing stroke your ego?

You are a perfect example of why your mind has been blinded. You deny the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. You deny the necessity for His death on the Cross. You deny He took up His life again by resurrecting from the dead.

I don't think you're blind because you love the darkness more than the light, which is why some are blind. I believe you are blinded because you deny Jesus Christ is God, and it's your ungodly PRIDE that is keeping you from seeing the light of the glorious gospel - BECAUSE JESUS IS THE TRUE LIGHT. Which, is a point for Apple's OP. God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble.
I don't care what you think of me, I hope that one day you'll see the truth. There is no way that the love of God was in those men who handed Jesus to be scourged and murdered. Jesus even said to pilate, that those who handed me over to you have committed the greater sin, so it was a sin to hand Jesus over to pilate and it was a sin to murder him and it was a greater sin for those who handed Jesus over because they knew the laws, and they knew that it was wrong to kill before God. God is not sin, they were doing the works of their father the devil.

It was wicked and wrong, that's why Peter said that we can crucify Christ afresh and put him to an open shame. Because the first crucifixion was a wicked act done by wicked men who loved themselves before God. And we can crucify Christ afresh when we love ourselves before God too.