17 Year Old Shot And Killed By Cop

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
i question why he called for assistance and then, without waiting for it, tried to drag the kid out of the car

stupid move
He wasn't calling for assistance to make the arrest. He was likely calling for assistance so they could search the car for drugs (which at that point i'm sure he suspected). Or to transport the suspect to the station, etc. The safest move for any officer is to get the suspect in cuffs as quickly as possible.

The officer was doing the right thing at that point.

My only criticism of the officer is actually pulling people over for flashing their lights at him when he knew that his new vehicle had very bright lights.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He was likely calling for assistance so they could search the car for drugs (which at that point i'm sure he suspected).

yes, i was just going to make this point - first the kid says he doesn't have to give him his license, then he says he doesn't have it, then he says he doesn't have to give it to him?

definite stoner material

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Once the kid began to obfuscate and resist giving his license and registration the officer rightly began to suspect that there might be more wrong with the suspect than just flashing his lights. Therefore it was the kids fault that the situation escalated.

And obviously the most deadly thing the kid did was not allow himself to be cuffed and begin to fight the officer physically.

When you do that..... you might get shot and frankly you deserve it.

After all.... if we allow citizens to reject the authority of police officers we are no longer living in a civilized society. That's the definition of anarchy. I don't want my children and future grand children living in anarchy.

Thats the bottom line, well said!

glorydaz

absolutely, the cop should know it's a kid, the kid was being nice just stupid.

The whole thing escalated when he KICKED THE PHONE out of the kid's hand, that is what escalated to the taser then the gun. The kid then feared and stupidly attacked the officer.

The point is the cop didn't have to kick the phone and cause the temper flare. The cop could have been a normal nice officer, not Robocop

Newsflash: The article was not a legitimate news report. It was a joke.

To say the cop "should have" known it was a kid is a ridiculous statement. That "kid" could have been refusing to show his license because he had a gun under his belt, and decided to play stupid. It happens all the time. The fact is....the cop didn't know if the guy was a maniac or an idiot, and he gave him plenty of chances to comply.

"Robocop" my foot. :loser:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Newsflash: The article was not a legitimate news report. It was a joke.

To say the cop "should have" known it was a kid is a ridiculous statement. That "kid" could have been refusing to show his license because he had a gun under his belt, and decided to play stupid. It happens all the time. The fact is....the cop didn't know if the guy was a maniac or an idiot, and he gave him plenty of chances to comply.

"Robocop" my foot. :loser:

thanks, stalker obsessed loser

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Once the kid began to obfuscate and resist giving his license and registration the officer rightly began to suspect that there might be more wrong with the suspect than just flashing his lights. Therefore it was the kids fault that the situation escalated.

And obviously the most deadly thing the kid did was not allow himself to be cuffed and begin to fight the officer physically.

When you do that..... you might get shot and frankly you deserve it.

After all.... if we allow citizens to reject the authority of police officers we are no longer living in a civilized society. That's the definition of anarchy. I don't want my children and future grand children living in anarchy.

that's true, always relax and let the police cuff you. I was upset for awhile because he seemed like a nice but dumb kid.

glorydaz

thanks, stalker obsessed loser

that's true, always relax and let the police cuff you. I was upset for awhile because he seemed like a nice but dumb kid.

Well, you're still a bitter little boy, but at least you got up enough gumption to admit to Knight you were wrong. Well, "upset for awhile" may be the closest you are able to get right now to admitting you were wrong, but you can't expect to change such a nasty habit over night. You'll have to keep working on that, won't you?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well, you're still a bitter little boy, but at least you got up enough gumption to admit to Knight you were wrong. Well, "upset for awhile" may be the closest you are able to get right now to admitting you were wrong, but you can't expect to change such a nasty habit over night. You'll have to keep working on that, won't you?

I guess you were stoic and matter of fact about it all, no problem that a kid gets shot to death 7 times, it figures with you. You just keep working on your obsession of me; see how far you can go with it, it suits you.

glorydaz

I guess you were stoic and matter of fact about it all, no problem that a kid gets shot to death 7 times, it figures with you. You just keep working on your obsession of me; see how far you can go with it, it suits you.

So according to you I shouldn't be posting on any thread, and can have no opinion because it always comes down to YOU. You leave your dropping in every thread. I can't help stepping in them. If you can't handle my posting then put me on ignore. It's really very simple.

I have always been a supporter of law enforcement. I don't see saw back and forth like you do. I realize how hard it is being a police officer and how their life is always on the line. Everyone needs to give them absolute respect...just as we should give our mods respect on this forum. Just as we should give Knight the respect he deserves. Whenever I've seen someone like you talk to one of them the way you did, I report them. Too bad if you can't handle that.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I'm not wrong or admitting that. I stand by everything I said. I highlighted your abysmal drivel.

Christian Liberty

Cops can kill you with impunity.

So, where are the patriots out there who are gonna start a revolution?

Is this tyranny, or not?

It absolutely is, but sadly conservatives are hypocrites and will scream at the top of their lungs about how evil government is while unquestionably defending the agents of that government.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite
Cops can kill you with impunity.

So, where are the patriots out there who are gonna start a revolution?

Is this tyranny, or not?

It absolutely is, but sadly conservatives are hypocrites and will scream at the top of their lungs about how evil government is while unquestionably defending the agents of that government.

Tell us how if the police were privatized this incident wouldn't have happened Jr. (Jr. rushes off to find an article on the privatization of police, roads, fire depts. and brothels by Libertarian/atheist Walter Block).

Other than GFR7's vast knowledge of police work (he has a brother in law that was a homicide lieutenant don't cha know), most people in this thread have little to no knowledge of law enforcement. Here's the hiring and training process that they go through.

http://discoverpolicing.org/what_does_take/?fa=hiring_process
http://people.howstuffworks.com/police-academy2.htm

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... he seemed like a nice but dumb kid.

being stoned does tend to do that

the thing that occurred to me as i was lying in bed this morning listening to the depressing news from canada, is, i suspect, that like many young people i have worked with, this young man was totally attached to his electronic device - his cell phone

trying to get one away from a student who is addicted to it is like trying to get the needle away from the heroin addict - they'll fight you tooth and nail

Granite

Hall of Fame
Not.

You have to comply when an officer asks you to comply. If the kid had just given him his license and registration it would have never escalated.

I guess we're officially living in a "papers please" society and should drop the pretense of anything otherwise.

Worth remembering they stopped being peacekeepers and became law enforcement a long time ago. Big difference.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess we're officially living in a "papers please" society and should drop the pretense of anything otherwise.
So.... I'm trying to understand your position on this Granite. Are you suggesting the kid did the right thing in this situation?

Would you teach your children to act as this kid acted in a situation like this?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I would teach my kid before they ever turned 16 to have your license and insurance (I have never been asked for registration, they can run that).

I would tell my kid to keep their hands visible, don't move around, turn off the radio and do everything the officer tells you. So now I blame the parents, I just wanna blame things. I'll go to my grave believing the officer should have handled the WHOLE thing differently, he's the adult.