17 Year Old Shot And Killed By Cop

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
https://youtu.be/u8mortvncDc

Eaton County, MI — It was announced this week that the officer who shot and killed 17-year-old Deven Guilford for flexing his rights this past February, will not be charged for any crimes.

Deven was traveling along the road and flashed his lights at an officer because his headlights were so bright that they nearly made Deven run off the road. He was then pulled over by Sgt. Frost of the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office, who stopped the young man for no other reason than the fact that he flashed his lights.

When Frost approached the car, Guilford explained that he was simply flashing his lights to be a polite driver, and let the officer know that his high beams were on so he didn’t cause an accident.

The officer began to get aggressive with Guilford when he was not immediately obedient and attempted to flex his rights during the traffic stop. Guilford refused to show the officer his license and registration because he had broken no laws and the officer had no reason to stop him.

Guilford also began recording the encounter with his cell phone and let the officer know that he was filming for his own safety. He then asked the officer if he was being detained and for what reason. He was told that he was being detained because he refused to comply with Frost and show him his ID. However, not showing his ID is a secondary offense, meaning the officer would actually need a real reason to pull him over to begin with.

On a power trip, Frost violently ripped Guilford out of the vehicle and forced him down to the ground. Guilford attempted to remain filming while he complied with the officer’s orders and moved to the ground. Sadly, Guilford was not moving fast enough for Frost, so he tased the young boy. At this time, both the body camera and the cell phone footage got cut off.

Off camera, Frost shot and killed the young boy. The known details are sparse because the killing happened out of the view of the dash-cam, and the body camera was turned off at that point. However, the officer claims that the young boy attacked him, so he “feared for his life” and killed him, firing 7 shots from his weapon.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/17...eadlights-flexing-rights/#cSrpYz1weButP8jA.99

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And officer admits that many have flashed him because his bulbs are new

Sickening. He should be fired and charged with manslaughter.

There was absolutely no reason to pull this boy over to begin with and for the officer to claim that he was attacked and feared for his life? Why did body cam get shut off?

absolutely, the cop should know it's a kid, the kid was being nice just stupid.

The whole thing escalated when he KICKED THE PHONE out of the kid's hand, that is what escalated to the taser then the gun. The kid then feared and stupidly attacked the officer.

The point is the cop didn't have to kick the phone and cause the temper flare. The cop could have been a normal nice officer, not Robocop

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
was he black?

'cause if he isn't black, nobody will care

You know, that's right. If this was a black or even simply a non-white there would have been a thread started the minute it happened and the whole country would shut down with protests. Maybe the whites should start rioting and looting. :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
another perspective:

...this entire fiasco was completely avoidable… and it was Deven who could have prevented it, not the cop. I should offer the usual warning that the content may be disturbing to some readers, though it doesn’t actually show the moment of death.

Just to see how culpable the officer might have been and the attitude he took, you need look no further than the opening gambit as Officer Frost approaches the driver side of the car and begins the conversation with Guilford.

Frost: Hello. Need your drivers license, registration and proof of insurance please. The reason I pulled you over today was because you flashed me. I didn’t even have my brights on.

Guilford: Yes you did sir.

At this point, Frost’s tone is nothing but friendly. The only “weapon” he has in hand is a flashlight. He greets the kid, asks for the totally normal documents which cops ask for in every traffic stop and immediately lets him know why he was pulled over. Let’s stop and ask ourselves a question here. If this kid had simply handed over his license and registration, would this have ended in anything other than a warning and sending him on his way? The parents are claiming that it was an “unlawful stop” to begin with, but in fact it is illegal in Michigan to flash your high beams at another driver within 500 feet. It’s a civil infraction that carries a 2-point penalty on your license so yes, you can be pulled over for it.

From that point the officer continues to ask for the documents several more times, growing increasingly frustrated as Guilford continues to refuse, pulling out his phone to record the conversation and then attempting to place a phone call. At that point Frost is clearly fed up and orders Deven out of the car. He refuses to comply and at that point the officer pulls his taser and threatens to use it. Finally Guilford gets down on the ground after much additional arguing, but won’t comply with the commands given so that he can be placed under arrest. That’s when all hell breaks loose.

Guilford is resisting and Frost finally fires his taser, but for some reason it doesn’t work. Deven breaks lose and begins attacking the officer. In the muddled final frames of video you can see him, not running away, but in Frost’s face with his fists raised. The body camera is damaged in the attack but there’s still audio in which you hear shots ring out. Here’s what Officer Frost looked like in the ambulance immediately after the event.

JonathanFrost.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
absolutely, the cop should know it's a kid, the kid was being nice just stupid.

The whole thing escalated when he KICKED THE PHONE out of the kid's hand, that is what escalated to the taser then the gun. The kid then feared and stupidly attacked the officer.

The point is the cop didn't have to kick the phone and cause the temper flare. The cop could have been a normal nice officer, not Robocop

What an unnecessary end to a young life.

Murder under the color and abuse of authority. And the cops wonder why people don't trust them. I certainly wouldn't, if I was pulled over on a dark road.

Once when I was out walking, a patrol car with two male cops slowed down next to me. The cop who was driving said "Are you okay, sweetheart?" I told him I was, and then he said "You be careful out here, walking all by yourself." At that point I was backing away from the car, wondering how I could deal with two of them, and realizing there was no one close by who could help me. It's scary feeling powerless like that, when the fear comes from an encounter with two people charged with upholding the law. Maybe they were just being concerned, but I didn't have a good feeling about the whole thing. I can imagine what was going through that poor young man's mind. How very sad, and very infuriating.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I had seen the video before.

Tragic, tragic, tragic.

However.... when a police officer asks you to comply you need to comply. You can have your lawyer help you with any perceived injustice later. But at the scene just do as the officer says.

And from the police's perspective I think it's kinda silly that he would be pulling people over for flashing their bright's at him.

But.... they are both white so I don't see any protests starting up anytime soon

ok doser

on the other hand, if I'm frost and I shoot the kid dead for reasons that might not be appropriate and realize I'm in a world of trouble, and I realize my body cam's off and I'm out of the line of sight of my dashcam, if I'm a quick thinker I slam my face into the pavement a couple times real quick and claim he attacked me

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
on the other hand, if I'm frost and I shoot the kid dead for reasons that might not be appropriate and realize I'm in a world of trouble, and I realize my body cam's off and I'm out of the line of sight of my dashcam, if I'm a quick thinker I slam my face into the pavement a couple times real quick and claim he attacked me

Ah yes, conspiracy theories. The only problem with that theory is that there would be no blood or DNA from the Officer on the dead kid's hands/body (you can't fool forensic evidence).

ok doser

Ah yes, conspiracy theories. The only problem with that theory is that there would be no blood or DNA from the Officer on the dead kid's hands/body (you can't fool forensic evidence).

wouldn't take but a moment to get it there :idunno:

the other theory is that the skinny kid who's lying on the ground with at least one arm behind his back manages to pop up and get the best of frost and forces frost to shoot him

absent any video evidence from the three devices that should have been recording it (oops) which scenario is more believable?

ok doser

oh great :doh:

the kid was stoned

why am I not surprised?

Toxicology results showed that THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, was in Guilford's system at the time of the stop. The level of the substance "suggests that Deven used marijuana within three to four hours or sooner," of the traffic stop, according to a press release issued by Lloyd's office.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post

wouldn't take but a moment to get it there :idunno:

And and and then Sgt. Frost took the dead kid's hands...

the other theory is that the skinny kid who's lying on the ground with at least one arm behind his back manages to pop up and get the best of frost and forces frost to shoot him

Or, we could believe the Sgt.'s statement (but then that's no fun is it?).

absent any video evidence from the three devices that should have been recording it (oops) which scenario is more believable?

The statement of a Sgt. with an impeccable record (using body cams and dash cams has come to this: if it's not shown, the officer must be lying).

oh great :doh:

the kid was stoned

why am I not surprised?

Not possible, marijuana is a harmless drug.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Cops can kill you with impunity.

So, where are the patriots out there who are gonna start a revolution?

Is this tyranny, or not?

The cop obviously had an attitude and a bad day perhaps. He angered too easily and managed to gain no control of the entire stop. If the cop would have been a little nicer and understanding it never would have happened.

He should lose his badge and gun at minimum. The kid was dumb, he was not a deadly threat, and before the cop got punched he should not have kicked the phone from his fingers, the kid was flat on the ground, ALSO for NO GOOD REASON.

Why did he make the kid lay flat on the concrete ? for not producing a license quick enough ? The whole incident is a tragedy and a travesty.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Now now res, don't go ruining a perfectly good GFR7 patrick jane cop bashing thread with minor details.

I'm the first to side with law enforcement, but when video plainly shows the cop's many wrong decisions it's impossible to defend, it's appalling. The cop acted like a tough guy with a chip on his shoulder. He couldn't even use the taser correctly and you want him on patrol where your gay son drives, AC dub ?

Failing with a taser, he pumps 7 shots in a kid with a cell phone ? Yeah, I don't need to bash cops, that whole video will be used for training all officers what NOT to do in a routine traffic stop. I mean, did the cop think the kid was armed and dangerous ? maybe a body in the trunk ? Ridiculous !

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Now now res, don't go ruining a perfectly good GFR7 patrick jane cop bashing thread with minor details.

I'm the first to side with law enforcement, but when video plainly shows the cop's many wrong decisions it's impossible to defend, it's appalling. The cop acted like a tough guy with a chip on his shoulder. He couldn't even use the taser correctly and you want him on patrol where your gay son drives, AC dub ?

It was established in Part 3 of my "Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! thread the LGBTQueer movement's HATRED of law enforcement (and hence your's).

I don't think we need to go over that again, do we GFR7?

Arthur Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

It was established in Part 3 of my "Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! thread the LGBTQueer movement's HATRED of law enforcement (and hence your's).

I don't think we need to go over that again, do we GFR7?

You do recall that any possible remaining doubt over your being a cop at any time was completely removed when you said that only a guilty person would exhibit signs of anxiety, discomfort or stress if they were hauled off by cops for questioning right?

Only a complete moron would think that an innocent person wouldn't display such characteristics under any such duress.

Oh...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You do recall that any possible remaining doubt over your being a cop at any time was completely removed when you said that only a guilty person would exhibit signs of anxiety, discomfort or stress if they were hauled off by cops for questioning right?

Link the entire post please. As I recall there was no "hauled off by cops for questioning" in my post.

Only a complete moron would think that an innocent person wouldn't display such characteristics under any such duress.

Oh...

I'm not sure what your latest little lisp rant has to do with Sgt. Jonathan Frost of the Eaton County Michigan Sheriffs Dept. being beaten by a 17 year old thug and thus having to use deadly force.

Perhaps you can make the connection?