Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was watching The Firm again today on TNT and I had to wonder if the beating Tom Cruise gave Wilfred Brimley might have given that old guy the diabetes. :plain: And was it the right thing to do.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sunday Gazette Racing Supplement

So the backstretch is behind us and we're heading into the final turn before the straight away home. It's Nazaroo (15) with a commanding lead out five lengths on glorydaze (10) with me and RandPaul (6) trailing a full nine lengths off the lead. Stripe and LH (4) are two lengths back with a large group of walking horses just on their heels.

Can anyone seriously challenge Naz or is this a one horse race for the August crown? :think:

The latest Gazette here (link).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Monday's Omnibox

Burn Notice: or sometimes they jump the shark with a motorcycle and sometimes they jump the shark riding a shark.

So I'm watching the wind up of this series the other night. It's been a good run. Sagged toward the middle of the series and it's time, but a good run. Michael Weston is the principle character. He's a former CIA spook who wakes in Miami under a burn notice. That is, he's been black listed for reasons unknown and by persons unknown. The series turns on that premise and his efforts to find the who and why and clear his name.

Along the way Micheal enlists a former flame, another former government agent and his mother, both in solving the mystery of his burn and to help a large number of people who, one way or another, need his help on a weekly basis. He finds mostly showy means to render the assistance and has gone out of his way to avoid hurting people when he can.

Last season his younger brother was shot with a sniper rifle. This season, the other night, with three episodes left to go Michael, trying to insinuate himself into an evil organization at the behest of the CIA, used a sniper rifle to kill a not so bad fellow who'd been asking too many questions. Right. And the fellow was coming to help save Michael, or so he believed.

Evil Kneivel couldn't clear this episode or save the series...way to go, whoever wrote the episode, for out ruining whoever wrote the last episode of Saving Grace or suggested the premise for Seinfeld's finale... I couldn't care less how it all ends. :mmph:

Next Monday: ABC's fall line up and why you should or shouldn't be excited by it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Reminiscences... :poly:

Maybe it's the start of the school year or the Summer season drawing to a close, but it seems like just yesterday we were bringing Jack home from the hospital. And there he was today, driving our car.

Oh, he's only two years old and almost got us all killed, but that's kids for you...in such a hurry to grow up... :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Monday Gazette

After a public confession of having inadvertently given AB a neg rep and making a promise to amend...
Even I know that would take some time...
Son of a biscuit eater, I did it again...I can't tell you how embarrassing this is getting...and it did take a few minutes to find posts of a similar quality, there not being that many posters who aren't native speakers, but I managed. I guess I was so tired from the search I just wasn't paying as much attention as I should have.

Well, I'll do better tomorrow. In the meantime I can't tell you how sorry I am about all of this...I really can't. :plain:

Meanwhile, zoo lent a hand...or at least a part of one...
Is "Cats in the Cradle" like "Cat's in the Cradle," but with more cats?

More cats sounds better.

Similarly, I've always thought CSN&Y could have made "Our House" a lot better if they'd added way more cats in the yard.
I always wondered who Two Cat was. :plain: I mean, obviously Native American but then he doesn't really seem to factor in the narrative.

Start the egg timer on LH stopping in.

Explored the obvious with MEshak...
If they are true enemy, Jesus' followers are not the exception.
That didn't really follow. Like saying, "If Bob is tall, my car isn't a Buick."

You keep disregarding trinitarians' goal is not being true to Jesus.
Of course. What could make more sense than to actively strive to not be true to the God you worship.

It is obvious.
:plain:

Had a difference with free on the singular notion of love that's become so popular...
...Remember all, Jesus did say others would recognize us by the love we show one another.
He also chased money changers from the temple and reviled hypocrites. So it's more than the one note.

Did you forget Love is the universal law of Life itself? Love fulfills. Love envalues. Love empowers. Love heals. Love restores. Love edifies. Anything less is 'sin' (falling short). Are you fulfilling the law?
Love discerns, judges and protects too, else I'd let my two year old play with the wolf that comes out from the forest's edge because he called it doggy and it seemed to smile.

Ran into rEeset resetting...
...Town includes my name in many of his posts even when responding to others in replies that I am not participating in.
Post a few and let's look at them. See what the context is.
But she never did.

And...
And it is always with a negative connotation using his skills to cast me in distasteful context.
Heck, I can do that by simply reposting some of what you've written without comment. You've compared neg rep to gang rape and abuse, made gay insinuations as insult, just off the top of my head.

Then...
4. I have made both public and private apologies only to be accused of insincerity.
If you hadn't erased the threads I'd be happy to point out the language you used and the faux nature of at least the one you aimed at me, before bringing my family into your routine. But I probably preserved some in Quixote's or Observations. I can look if you want to press the point.
But she didn't want to.

Nodded to rainee in the breakfast thread...
I will not go to your profile page! I have a hard enough time with you running around loose out here with your avatars.
It's a trial, I know. Fortunately for both of us I'm an attorney and I know how to handle those.

...]Only Chrys knows for when the TOL Award Bell Tolls.
You mean when chrys has his bell rung and gives out awards. The TOL bit is a bit out of his hands and once a year.

While in the All Things Pleasant thread...
Today I sat on the front porch with Jack and listened to church bells in the distance as it rained.

Then, in the neg rep thread, young RP was digging in deeper and deeper with the ladies, answering Tambora's "GT is a she" with...
Oh, that explains some things;)

(Only kidding.)
If you're going to go with that it's obligatory to add :sibbie:

Then run, of course...very far and very, very fast.

Continued with the new guy on faith in the eternal damnation thread...
Why can't I say I knew at one point in my life something was true, and then later in my life, learned that I wasn't.
Because you didn't know. You believed. I know my name. Tomorrow that name will still be mine. How I feel about it might change though.

I try not to use the world "believe" anymore. I have worked very hard to remove it from my vocabulary when dealing with things like this. Belief is a tricky thing. Either you know something, or you are striving to learn.
I think that's a mistake. Believe is precisely the best word to describe both your prior and current position in relation to what may or may not be the truth of the matter.

I often ask myself the same question. Why did I believe? It could because I wanted to believe it. It could be that at the time I felt it. It could be any number of different things. All that I know now, is that I don't believe it. Not a single word of it.
Okay, but I think that's peculiar and I don't know that I've ever met anyone who couldn't tell me why they believed the central truth of their life at a time was X.

...Why the concern about my soul? Why go through the trouble?
Well, heck, I'd tell you if I saw a great movie and that's not nearly as important, is it.

One of the newbies had a birthday...at least I think he's a newbie...anyone know him?
Rapidly approaching 50. :noid:

Thanks. :banana:

You know what they say: life begins at...well, no. No one really says that.

Happy-happy anyway! :D

In the Remember When thread...
Remember when you believed sports was a metaphor for life...in a good way? :plain:

Then Mark asked...
how is res doing anyway? haven't seen much of him in the religious forums lately.
He appears to be among the Amish and posting from a library.

I do hope he didn't fall out of the faith. :confused:
How could we tell? :plain:

Tomorrow? Am I my zoo's keeper?, the less than general welfare and a pacifist gets hostile...:shocked: What a world.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Sunday Morning Gazette

Had a rough beginning with a newbie who came in guns blazing somewhat indiscriminately...

Which eventually led to a hopeful observation...

Spared a moment for sky...

And there was MEshak going after bybee...

When SH contemplated what he mistakenly believed to be a purely atheistic weekend perk...

A new shooting star went by...and bye...

Then Eeset responded to my comment about the seriousness of actual abuse with...

Leading to...

While she demonstrated elsewhere...

About the time things turned ugly with AB...if that's not repetitious...

And...

Tomorrow? It's Monday... :plain:

Ahh...here it is. My mention...too bad I didn't read it. Sorry...:eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yeah ding dong. you mentioned me...so you created the mention of me...making it "my mention" because I wrote about it....:rotfl:
Not having English as a second language, I mentioned you where? You said I did in the trolling bit. Then you said you didn't read the post you quoted.

Today's Gazette found here. :D

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Not having English as a second language, I mentioned you where? You said I did in the trolling bit. Then you said you didn't read the post you quoted.

Today's Gazette found here. :D

Did you mention me in your gazette or not ding dong? or did you forget what planet you are on...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Did you mention me in your gazette or not ding dong? or did you forget what planet you are on...
Still not getting it, are you.

You said: a) you didn't read it and b) that you were mentioned in it.

:plain: You need to use your lifeline, genius?

Or, to quote you, ":rotfl:".

Today's Gazette (wherein sky may or may not be mentioned) found here. :D

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Still not getting it, are you.

You said: a) you didn't read it and b) that you were mentioned in it.

:plain: You need to use your lifeline, genius?

Or, to quote you, ":rotfl:".

Today's Gazette (wherein sky may or may not be mentioned) found here. :D

Oh ok genius :dunce:

I can't see that I've been mentioned without reading it...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh ok genius :dunce:

I can't see that I've been mentioned without reading it...
:chuckle: Thanks for the stretch though. If I'd known you were going to do that I would have left off the neg.

I may pos rep you for the entertainment value. :chuckle:

But no, you weren't mentioned, haven't been since the last time you did that sort of thing...sometime early last month, I think. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
towns Sunday gazette

If you see me mentioned...don't tell Town...:rotfl:
You know what, she's right. :chuckle: :D She posted her mentioned comment after the Monday Gazette...right after it, but she's referencing the Sunday Gazette and sure enough there's one line about her.

Problem is, she still said she didn't read it and that she was mentioned in it. :eek: