Town Quixote's

glorydaz

Quixote's is mostly aimed at aiming people at debates going on elsewhere. :e4e:

And when you confined it to that it was cool.

Unfortunately, you allowed it to become your own personal soapbox aimed at those who got your goat. You allowed the Gazette to become the means of attacking people personally without fear of reprisal. When you did that to me, I told you it was gutless, and it was.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Lots of people (if not all) are given a fairly free rein. Bybee has been given a very loose rein, and quite often runs full speed without check.

I find it more disconcerting to be talked about without even having a chance to respond, no matter how witty the one doing the talking may think he is. :)
You didn't have any problem with the thread until you were a subject in a Gazette.

Let's get a different opinion from someone a little earlier in this very thread:

Your brains and wit caught my eye quite some time ago, dear brother. It has been a great joy for me to see what you were going to say next, and you never have failed to make me smile in appreciation. I feel like I'm losing a dear friend....absolutely irreplaceable. My thoughts and prayers are with you, of that you can be sure. :(

Like I've said before, every argument is linked to and the place to continue the disagreement is in the thread. That's why I don't raise additional arguments in this thread, only note and link to debates ongoing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think she's never cared for thread locking and I'm not offended. I'm not wild about it either, but absent someone controlling his trolling...so I did feel obliged to note that Sod has been given a fairly free rein in the place, that his routine offenses would seem, to my mind, a bit more disconcerting than a locked thread to give him one less space to do it in for a few hours.

Eh, the only thing he cannot control are our responses ... which does annoy him and why he will forever be on my ignore list. :)

glorydaz

You didn't have any problem with the thread until you were a subject in a Gazette.

Let's get a different opinion from someone a little earlier in this very thread:

Like I've said before, every argument is linked to and the place to continue the disagreement is in the thread. That's why I don't raise additional arguments in this thread, only note and link to debates ongoing.

As I said....it was great when you used it as it was intended to be used. What you said you MOSTLY used it for. Then I experienced first hand your use of it for SPITE, and I saw the ugly side.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As I said....it was great when you used it as it was intended to be used.
I haven't changed a thing about this thread or it's approach. It was as it is. The only difference is in your skin.

What you said you MOSTLY used it for. Then I experienced first hand your use of it for SPITE, and I saw the ugly side.
That's how you feel about it. It is no more true than your humanist remarks or Sods lying about, oh, nearly anything to do with me.

An excerpt from a bit that was in Quixote's two posts before glory's praise:

The Thusday Morning Gazette

The theological disagreements on OSAS et al continued apace...
While some might say that I'm open to the discernment of the Ruach.
Some people might like to pay themselves a compliment through the mouths of others.
Heresy is not for man to judge.
"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1
...If all you want to do, Town, is use the faith to feel bigger and better than others you've chosen the wrong faith.
Anyone who believes that "unmerited grace" should feed the ego fails to understand either word...
...You've stepped into "twistland" with it dismissing the Headship (a very popular thing to do what with womens liberation, big surprise).
No, I advance the orthodoxy of the Body. Your political muddying is...nuts.
...Yeshua never stated he is "I AM".
Yes, he did. I quoted him doing it. I reject your attempt to alter the words he spoke and to fit them to your desire on the point. I suppose you see it the same way, but that's life for you.
...As I stated before, you're responding outside of your league.
I know you said it. You'll likely say it again or something equally pointless and hostile.

The truth is that most of Quixote's is and always will be humor, but sometimes it's a reflection of combat. How you feel about that reflection largely tends to be where you stand on the issue.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Riiiiiggggghhhhtttt!
I doubt that anything could disgust you....
The whole driving rainee anywhere has always been his invention. Maybe he believes it, maybe not. Maybe he just can't understand that there's another way of thinking and being than his own way. Sociopaths don't really get how the rest of the world thinks. They only mimic it.