YouTube censorship

Arthur Brain

Yeah, ya gotta love the "righteous" indignation of the liberals. Maybe they make their kids wear ear plugs when they go out into the world...ball games, malls, parks, etc. It isn't like that word doesn't flow trippingly off the tongues of the most normal looking people, to say nothing of the entertainment industry. :chuckle:

So it's all okay to upload stuff with 'F' words on a family site then, that your reasoning? Cos they'll hear it elsewhere anyway?

Get a grip for once. Nobody is advocating censorship here. If I tune into the 'horror channel' I do not expect to see "It's A wonderful Life" being shown, just as I wouldn't expect to see a Christian uploading some crank spouting off and swearing on a Christian site that expressly denounces profanity.

Do. The. Math.

Or just tediously spout about "liberals" as if you don't understand the salient point being made, whatever...

glorydaz

So it's all okay to upload stuff with 'F' words on a family site then, that your reasoning? Cos they'll hear it elsewhere anyway?

Get a grip for once. Nobody is advocating censorship here. If I tune into the 'horror channel' I do not expect to see "It's A wonderful Life" being shown, just as I wouldn't expect to see a Christian uploading some crank spouting off and swearing on a Christian site that expressly denounces profanity.

Do. The. Math.

Or just tediously spout about "liberals" as if you don't understand the salient point being made, whatever...

Well, I thought this was a forum for adults. I've seen lots of skimpy dressed females and some raunchy pics of gays, etc. Guess those are different.

glorydaz

I reported Tam's post with the following:

Tam posted a link to a video that drops the F bomb. She was told about it and the link remains active. I'd appreciate it if someone deactivated the link. My five year old heard that because I was stupid enough to believe a Christian on a Christian website wouldn't put something up that I had to censor.​

Tam's response wasn't to apologize or demonstrate the least embarrassment or remorse for doing something she's old enough to know isn't in keeping with her profession of faith or this forum. It wasn't to take down the rules and faith violating post or evidence the least remorse for its impact on a five year old boy.

Well, fool me once.

Oh my...the "impact" on a five year old boy. :jawdrop: Do you keep him secluded in his room?

I don't know who you're trying to fool, but I have no doubt there have been some "bad" words coming out of your own mouth...if nothing else, your example of thinking you're better than everyone else is something I'd be pointing out to my grandkids as a thing God hates.

One thing I do know about little boys is that they will repeat whatever they hear from wherever they hear it. Then daddy is supposed to have a talk with them. That's called parenting. You'd better start now because we live in a world of sin, and a world inundated with profanity. Suck it up buttercup and do your job.

"Impact on a 5 yr. old boy". :rotfl:

Arthur Brain

Well, I thought this was a forum for adults. I've seen lots of skimpy dressed females and some raunchy pics of gays, etc. Guess those are different.

It is, with family in mind. I'm not responsible for aCW and his output and not real sure where all of these 'skimpy dressed females' are coming from either. At least aCW actually warns people before his vids if not his pics...

All Tam had to do was put a warning before the video at least. You're acting as if it's all okay to upload anything on a Christian site, by a Christian where profanity is all okay and anyone can hear it even if it's understandably unexpected.

Arthur Brain

Oh my...the "impact" on a five year old boy. :jawdrop: Do you keep him secluded in his room?

I don't know who you're trying to fool, but I have no doubt there have been some "bad" words coming out of your own mouth...if nothing else, your example of thinking you're better than everyone else is something I'd be pointing out to my grandkids as a thing God hates.

One thing I do know about little boys is that they will repeat whatever they hear from wherever they hear it. Then daddy is supposed to have a talk with them. That's called parenting. You'd better start now because we live in a world of sin, and a world inundated with profanity. Suck it up buttercup and do your job.

So, uploading profanity laden videos on a Christian and supposedly family friendly site is all okay with you because they'll just 'hear it' anyway effectively.

Hmm, time to upload some 'snoop dog' on here then.

glorydaz

It is, with family in mind. I'm not responsible for aCW and his output and not real sure where all of these 'skimpy dressed females' are coming from either. At least aCW actually warns people before his vids if not his pics...

All Tam had to do was put a warning before the video at least. You're acting as if it's all okay to upload anything on a Christian site, by a Christian where profanity is all okay and anyone can hear it even if it's understandably unexpected.

Maybe if Tam would have known you snowflakes were going to be so discombobulated, she might have thought to do that. The fact is, you all have taken on the role of "moral" arbitrators" who have no problem with abortion, or vagina hats, but a case of the vapors over a word that you all use and hear on a daily basis. I've sat and listened to mothers in the park, middle school kids at the bus stop, and rappers blaring their profane music from every source. No, I'm not buying your fake outrage.

glorydaz

So, uploading profanity laden videos on a Christian and supposedly family friendly site is all okay with you because they'll just 'hear it' anyway effectively.

Hmm, time to upload some 'snoop dog' on here then.

You mean he hasn't been on yet? I avoid videos of any kind.

Got a tv? Better remove it. Go to a ball game? Better stay home. Send your kids to school? Don't.

Arthur Brain

Maybe if Tam would have known you snowflakes were going to be so discombobulated, she might have thought to do that. The fact is, you all have taken on the role of "moral" arbitrators" who have no problem with abortion, or vagina hats, but a case of the vapors over a word that you all use and hear on a daily basis. I've sat and listened to mothers in the park, middle school kids at the bus stop, and rappers blaring their profane music from every source. No, I'm not buying your fake outrage.

So that's your excuse then. Because it can be heard elsewhere it's all okay to put it in a place where people would expect not to hear it.

Wonderful reasoning there GD.

:plain:

Arthur Brain

You mean he hasn't been on yet? I avoid videos of any kind.

Got a tv? Better remove it. Go to a ball game? Better stay home. Send your kids to school? Don't.

You kidding me? I've watched films in the last two days where if I could be bothered I'd have lost count of the number of f-bombs and else. You're either just plain thick or just playing deliberately dumb at this point. You're justifying profanity on a family site where it should be a safe haven away from it for parents and children.

glorydaz

You kidding me? I've watched films in the last two days where if I could be bothered I'd have lost count of the number of f-bombs and else. You're either just plain thick or just playing deliberately dumb at this point. You're justifying profanity on a family site where it should be a safe haven away from it for parents and children.

Wow...upping the outrage doesn't make it any less fake. :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

I told you...I'm not buying your fake outrage. Pretty simple to reason from there.

It's not even outrage, and your 'reasoning' is simple at best.

There's no place for profanity laden videos on a family oriented site. If you can't get that then you either don't care or are just playing to some peanut gallery in your head.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh my...the "impact" on a five year old boy.
Yes. A five year old child.

Do you keep him secluded in his room?
No. Do you drop F bombs around children?

I don't know who you're trying to fool, but I have no doubt there have been some "bad" words coming out of your own mouth.
You should be careful about the witness you bear.

Otherwise, this isn't about me or about being perfect. It isn't about Tam being imperfect. It's about an error in judgment compounded by her stiff neck and skewed priorities. A thing you echo in your ironically condescending diatribe.

And no, you'll never find me using that word or profanity of its stripe.

..if nothing else, your example of thinking you're better than everyone else is something I'd be pointing out to my grandkids as a thing God hates.
This isn't about me, except to you. And I can't help you with what ails you. It's not my creation.

One thing I do know about little boys is that they will repeat whatever they hear from wherever they hear it.
You obviously don't know how to act in public, given all your condemnation is saved for the person who objected to an F bomb being posted on a Christian website.
Yes, you poor, miserable thing.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The infamous video of the homos in the street in Brazil accosting traffic with gross sexual cross dressing behavior was taken down because homos are offended that we laugh at him getting clipped by the truck. Not because of what they were doing. If a straight man did it, he would be labeled a sex offender and register.

Perhaps somebody has reposted the video.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or maybe, unlike CNN, he has a tendency to do what he did in this video and drop an off handed F bomb. And thanks for linking to this, because my son heard that one drop.

Another reason to never watch any video people post on here unless I'm sure I can rely on their discretion...sheesh.

ClimateSanity

A right winger dropped the F bomb. That's what the issue is.....not this phony innocent kids narrative.
It looks as though youtube has gone full blown to the liberal side.
Not only deleting videos from accounts, but also tracking who has downloaded these deleted videos and freezing their accounts.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app