• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Young Earth or Old?

Rodger

It's clearly your thin skin that's the problem.
No sir...........it is the un-christian attitude I am seeing on a Christian web site.

Ever since I made my 1st post here, several people have gone out of their way to let me know I am not welcome here.

Is that a normal reaction from those who have been lets say......less than friendly?

Right Divider

Body part
No sir...........it is the un-christian attitude I am seeing on a Christian web site.
False accusations will get you nowhere.
Ever since I made my 1st post here, several people have gone out of their way to let me know I am not welcome here.
Again, you have a persecution complex.
You are quite welcome here. But if you are going to be unable to handle having your beliefs questioned, then you will have problems.
Is that a normal reaction from those who have been lets say......less than friendly?
No clue what you mean.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
it is the un-christian attitude I am seeing on a Christian web site.

Or maybe you're just too much of a pansy Christian who takes offense at the drop of a hat.

I posted this link to you in another thread earlier.

I recommend you read the article this time, because you are exactly the kind of person it describes.

You're more than welcome to post here (provided you follow the rules).

Maybe, and hear me out for a moment, the problem is not the people on the site for being mean, but the problem is you, who has such thin skin that he takes offense at the slightest disagreement?

Might I suggest that the reason people on TOL seem like they're being mean is not that they're actually being mean, but because you're being offended by the truth?

The truth is offensive to those who hate the truth. If what you believe does not line up with what is true, then you might feel attacked when someone points it out to you.

I request that you humble yourself, ask God for more patience, take a step back, breathe, calm down, and don't interpret every person's post that attacks your beliefs as being an inappropriate attack on you, because RD is right, you seem to have a bit of a persecution complex.

Don't take our attempts at iron sharpening iron as though we're making war against you.

Try putting forth your best arguments. Instead of bringing out your wooden sword, replace it with one made of iron.

way 2 go

Old Earth does not question the validity of the Bible!!!
old earth brings death before "the Fall" also gets rid of Adam & Eve
and if that's not true then Jesus was a liar.
(Mark 10:6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female

This principle also applies to light from other stars. When we look through a telescope at Alpha Centauri (the star that is closest to us, after the sun), we are looking at a star that is 4.4 light-years away, which means the light from that star took 4.4 years to reach us. Therefore, what we see is Alpha Centauri as it existed 4.4 years ago. In the same way, some of the stars we can observe are so distant that their light would take 13,800,000,000 years to reach us. This indicates a very old universe.
the dual slit experiment is settled science but with no answer as to why observing changes the outcome.
day four God gave form to the light

an attempt to explain :
43:00 mark

dual slit experiment 🤯

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do we get added points for proper grammar and spelling or something?
Nah.
Complaining about proper grammar is a smoke screen used to convince themselves you don't have a clue since you don't always use proper grammar.
Those kind of folks must be livid and freaked out when they read improper grammar in scripture!

Don't let it get to ya.
There are plenty here that will have a civil conversation with you even with disagreements.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
old earth brings death before "the Fall"
Well, I have to wonder if that is really the case.
I mean, when a bovine pulled up a plant to eat did the plant not die?
If a large rock came loose from a cliff and crushed the bovine, was the bovine unable to die?
Or are you applying "death" only in reference to the humans?

Rodger

Nah.
Complaining about proper grammar is a smoke screen used to convince themselves you don't have a clue since you don't always use proper grammar.
Those kind of folks must be livid and freaked out when they read improper grammar in scripture!

Don't let it get to ya.
There are plenty here that will have a civil conversation with you even with disagreements.
Thanks sister. I have NO desire to argue with anyone over anything. I am mush too old for that.

However....my nature is not one that allows me to me bullied or walked over.

I appreciate your words and look forward to future conversations.

Rodger

old earth brings death before "the Fall" also gets rid of Adam & Eve
and if that's not true then Jesus was a liar.
(Mark 10:6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female

the dual slit experiment is settled science but with no answer as to why observing changes the outcome.
day four God gave form to the light

an attempt to explain :
43:00 mark

dual slit experiment 🤯

That is a valid position. However, is The death spoken of about the sin of Adam and Eve in Romans 5:12 is about humans or is something else in view.

I believe that if you give it serious thought you will agree that Death spread only to all humanity not to all living creatures. Death, therefore was limited to humanity and not to the animal and plant world. Animals and plants had already died before this time and were unaffected by the Fall. Perfection, therefore, was limited only to the Garden of Eden.

Also, It is also contended that animals could not have inherited Adam's sin nature because there is no physical connection between humans and the animals.

Rodger

Or maybe you're just too much of a pansy Christian who takes offense at the drop of a hat.

I posted this link to you in another thread earlier.

I recommend you read the article this time, because you are exactly the kind of person it describes.

You're more than welcome to post here (provided you follow the rules).

Maybe, and hear me out for a moment, the problem is not the people on the site for being mean, but the problem is you, who has such thin skin that he takes offense at the slightest disagreement?

Might I suggest that the reason people on TOL seem like they're being mean is not that they're actually being mean, but because you're being offended by the truth?

The truth is offensive to those who hate the truth. If what you believe does not line up with what is true, then you might feel attacked when someone points it out to you.

I request that you humble yourself, ask God for more patience, take a step back, breathe, calm down, and don't interpret every person's post that attacks your beliefs as being an inappropriate attack on you, because RD is right, you seem to have a bit of a persecution complex.

Don't take our attempts at iron sharpening iron as though we're making war against you.

Try putting forth your best arguments. Instead of bringing out your wooden sword, replace it with one made of iron.
Thanks for the advice.

I came here with the Christian attitude of love. That is my new nature. As for Forum rules, I do not see any.

Now your advice is for me to be tougher and grow thicker shin.

That my dear friend is very easy. No problem. Just do not PM me later when someone complains that their toes are bleeding. YOU told me!

way 2 go

Well, I have to wonder if that is really the case.
I mean, when a bovine pulled up a plant to eat did the plant not die?
If a large rock came loose from a cliff and crushed the bovine, was the bovine unable to die?
Or are you applying "death" only in reference to the humans?
what is death ?

plants do not have a soul
(Genesis 1:29) And God said, Behold! I have given you every herb seeding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree seeding seed; to you it shall be for food.

Rodger

what is death ?

(Genesis 1:29) And God said, Behold! I have given you every herb seeding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree seeding seed; to you it shall be for food.
In the Bible, Death speaking of men = Seperation.

You have just comfirmed what I stated.

Romans 5:12 apparently refers to humans, not plants and animals.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I came here with the Christian attitude of love. That is my new nature. As for Forum rules, I do not see any.

Now your advice is for me to be tougher and grow thicker s[k]in.

My advice is to not react with hostility when someone is trying to correct you, or to get a substantive response out of you.

That my dear friend is very easy. No problem. Just do not PM me later when someone complains that their toes are bleeding. YOU told me!

If you break the rules, you'll suffer the consequences.

Therefore, don't break the rules.

Just look at the bottom of the page.

That's just the legal stuff.

See the link above in this post for the TOL's rules.

way 2 go

That is a valid position. However, is The death spoken of about the sin of Adam and Eve in Romans 5:12 is about humans or is something else in view.
I don't want to put words in your mouth , but old earth ideology has plants animals and humans and negates Genesis

all creation was good = no death , unless you're calling death good ?
(Romans 8:22) And we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now
I believe that if you give it serious thought you will agree that Death spread only to all humanity not to all living creatures.
nope , death is not good , creation was good
Death, therefore was limited to humanity and not to the animal and plant world. Animals and plants had already died before this time and were unaffected by the Fall. Perfection, therefore, was limited only to the Garden of Eden.
no death of animals until God killed and skinned them for Adam & Eve
(Genesis 3:21) And for Adam and his wife the LORD God made coats of skins, and clothed them.
Also, It is also contended that animals could not have inherited Adam's sin nature because there is no physical connection between humans and the animals.
animals have souls , we have soul and spirit
creation fell too
(Romans 8:22) And we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now
In the Bible, Death speaking of men = Seperation.
yes ,Adam & Eve died the day they ate from the tree by separation ,which is also the second death

(Revelation 20:14) And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.
You have just confirmed what I stated.
no
Romans 5:12 apparently refers to humans, not plants and animals.
Adam & Eve sin caused all of creation to be subject to death hence
a new heaven and new earth
(Revelation 21:1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. And the sea no longer is

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
what is death ?
Loss of life.

Do animals?

OK, but the tree of knowledge of good and evil also bore fruit, but that fruit wasn't supposed to be eaten by mankind.
So let me go on a rabbit trail of investigation.
Can we assume that particular type of vegetation was planted to be poisonous to mankind (mankind only, but not poisonous if an animal ate it)?

Yeah, I know, it's speculative.
But those are the kinds of questions that pop up when discussing scripture with others.

Thanks for the civil discussion, Way 2 Go, of kicking around thoughts and perspectives with each other.
You are a delight.

way 2 go

Loss of life.
that's one definition
(John 6:53) Then Jesus says to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, you do not have life in yourselves
(I John 5:12) He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

there is
physical death
death as a person
death is a place
and spiritual death
Do animals?
some creatures have souls but we have a soul & spirit

OK, but the tree of knowledge of good and evil also bore fruit, but that fruit wasn't supposed to be eaten by mankind.
So let me go on a rabbit trail of investigation.
Can we assume that particular type of vegetation was planted to be poisonous to mankind (mankind only, but not poisonous if an animal ate it)?
is your question: what if an animal ate from the tree of knowledge of good & evil ?
my answer :nothing would have happened , creatures don't know intuitively good and evil now

Yeah, I know, it's speculative.
But those are the kinds of questions that pop up when discussing scripture with others.

Thanks for the civil discussion, Way 2 Go, of kicking around thoughts and perspectives with each other.
You are a delight.
Hey , I get that we don't all agree but we should be pursuing truth

(I Thessalonians 5:21) Prove all things, hold fast to the good