You have been removed from this thread

glorydaz

I'd like to see a politics forum where people can't block you from their threads because they don't like your point of view. Not a protected forum for moderates and liberals, that would also kill discussion and speaking for myself, I don't need a safe space. More like a forum where posters can't be blocked and a moderate/liberal view doesn't invite a ban for being 'disruptive.' Not a lot of spirited discussion these days, I don't know how much missing spirit is temporary or permanent.

It's only "anything goes for the most part" for posters who hold the status quo. The bar set for status quo members here ranges from pretty low to nonexistent. This is part of the problem, since multiple members of the status quo have wished for posters whose views they don't like to be permanently banned, eliminating a lot of what made this place interesting. And lively.

Wondering why you didn't quote me directly? Just curious. In any event, I don't plan to edit it.

No, I wasn't implying that at all, it seems you've inferred something other than I intended. The majority of posters here are conservative to right wing, and in social psychology there's a personality type called Right-wing Authoritarian Personality. There is no left-wing counterpart to this. Not that there aren't "older liberals," since there are millions of them, or that they can't be politically entrenched, but that's not what I was getting at.

I've posted this before, so I'll just add it below.

Anna thinks that was worth posting again. :rotfl:

Arthur Brain

The "problem" is not with those over forty. It's with those who think they're smarter than their elders. What we need is more grownups and fewer of these up coming liberal know-it-alls.

Respect for opinion isn't based on age and you don't warrant any when you talk garbage any more than a twenty year old who does the same. There's plenty of times where younger people are smarter than their elders and vice versa so you wanna quit with that one.

Arthur Brain

Nope, I won't quit just because you make a smart aleck remark.

Grow up.

Nobody expected you to quit and it wasn't a smart aleck remark. If you talk garbage then I could care less if you're 20 or 80, you'll get called on it and you don't deserve any respect regardless of your age, so take your last bit of ironic advice and apply it to yourself.

:D

Arthur Brain

A person can whine without going to the mods....which is what you snowflakes do.

In fact, it's pretty much all you do instead of actually addressing the post.

Oh, sure, but the amount of "running to teacher" that goes on with some of you lot is something else. I ain't gonna ever win 'cub reporters' by way of and the last time I moaned on to the mods was...I can't even remember and I doubt you'll see anything in the Woodshed. There's no point trying to call folk snowflakes when it's people like musty, GM et al that routinely try to get people kicked from threads and whinge on.

glorydaz

It's likely that most of our members are over 40. That's one problem. Younger posters bring energy and enthusiasm, older posters tend to be more set in their ways, more resistant to change, more suspicious of newcomers. Make that older conservatives and you magnify the situation.

Another problem is visible neglect of the forum by admin. (And I don't need to be lectured on what work goes on behind the scenes.) It's just as important what's going on at the front of the house.

The "problem" is not with those over forty. It's with those who think they're smarter than their elders. What we need is more grownups and fewer of these up coming liberal know-it-alls.

Nobody expected you to quit and it wasn't a smart aleck remark. If you talk garbage then I could care less if you're 20 or 80, you'll get called on it and you don't deserve any respect regardless of your age, so take your last bit of ironic advice and apply it to yourself.

:D

Oh, and here I was thinking it was Anna who was talking garbage. Silly OLD Conservative me.

glorydaz

Oh, sure, but the amount of "running to teacher" that goes on with some of you lot is something else. I ain't gonna ever win 'cub reporters' by way of and the last time I moaned on to the mods was...I can't even remember and I doubt you'll see anything in the Woodshed. There's no point trying to call folk snowflakes when it's people like musty, GM et al that routinely try to get people kicked from threads and whinge on.

Good grief, Artie. You are one of the most annoying posters on this forum, and you want praise for not reporting people to the mods? Seriously, dude? You butt in when anyone responds to one of your snowflake friends. I don't care if you like the term or not. Stop whining and act like a grown up instead of constantly seeing who can out-snark Town Heretic. It's no wonder people get sick of hearing you guys.

Arthur Brain

Good grief, Artie. You are one of the most annoying posters on this forum, and you want praise for not reporting people to the mods? Seriously, dude? You butt in when anyone responds to one of your snowflake friends. I don't care if you like the term or not. Stop whining and act like a grown up instead of constantly seeing who can out-snark Town Heretic. It's no wonder people get sick of hearing you guys.

Well put me on ignore then ya crank. I'm not asking for praise whatsoever, I'm just pointing out that I'm not a snowflake who goes crying to admin when I don't like how a thread's going so get a bloody grip. Your obsession with TH is beyond boring these days so your latter garbage is the same ole lame ole. Take your own advice - again.

Arthur Brain

My point was the griping that constantly goes on from you snowflakes. If you're both over forty, start acting like it.

What?! How dare you impugn my character in such an ostentatious manner! If this were a thread of my own making I would surely have reported such shenanigans forthwith!! Or closed it down to avoid the corner I'd painted myself into...

Or, in other words, buy a clue doofus. It's only the snowflakes on here that go whinging and tweeting on...

Now act your own.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You seem to like to 'restrict and limit,' huh? I'm glad Knight is in charge here. Know what I mean?
Actually that was not my intent at all, brother.

I advocated for debate or other forums without "restrict and limit" other than the existing rules. I simply suggested that have some areas wherein the like-minded may congregate without interference would be a useful respite.

AMR

glorydaz

What?! How dare you impugn my character in such an ostentatious manner! If this were a thread of my own making I would surely have reported such shenanigans forthwith!! Or closed it down to avoid the corner I'd painted myself into...

Or, in other words, buy a clue doofus. It's only the snowflakes on here that go whinging and tweeting on...

Now act your own.

"Doofus" is personal name calling.

Snowflakes is a general term.

Try and control yourself before you give yourself a serious rash.

glorydaz

Actually that was not my intent at all, brother.

I advocated for debate or other forums without "restrict and limit" other than the existing rules. I simply suggested that have some areas wherein the like-minded may congregate without interference would be a useful respite.

AMR

Yeah, all the liberal whiners could be sectioned off from the grown ups. :thumb:

glorydaz

Well put me on ignore then ya crank. I'm not asking for praise whatsoever, I'm just pointing out that I'm not a snowflake who goes crying to admin when I don't like how a thread's going so get a bloody grip. Your obsession with TH is beyond boring these days so your latter garbage is the same ole lame ole. Take your own advice - again.

There ya go.....personal name calling again. I have to wonder if you're able to have a conversation without getting yourself all stove up. :think:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, all the liberal whiners could be sectioned off from the grown ups. :thumb:

Heh. We could have forums and sub-forums for that, too.

Politics
Liberal​
Debate Liberals​
Tree-Hugging, Gluten Free​
Debate Tree-Hugging, Gluten Free​
Middle-of-the-Road
Debate Middle-of-the-Roaders​
Conservative​
Debate Conservatives​
Ultra-Conservative​
Debate Ultra-Conservatives​

AMR