ECT Would MAD be more accepted if Gal 2:7 were not in the text

Dialogos

The NC was not made, but will be made (Hebrews 8:8 KJV).
Really, so MAD theology teaches that Jesus will die again to inagurate the New Covenant?

" For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(Heb 9:16-18 NKJ)

Heir said:
You seem to be confusing the NC with the “covenants of promise” (plural).
The New Covenant is one of the covenants of promise, it is also the fulfillment of the Abrahamic Covenant which the church inherits.

Which of these truths do you dispute.

Heir said:
The wall of partition was between those in the promise (Galatians 3:29 KJV) and aliens and strangers from the covenants (plural) of promise (Ephesians 2:12 KJV). Both of these two groups included Gentiles.
Not before the cross.

And that is precisely what the apostle Paul says,

" Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
(Eph 2:15-16 KJV)

When do you think the he abolished in his flesh the emnity?
Heir said:
And just what do you say is the middle wall of partition that was broken down between them?
The law of commandments contained in ordinances per verse 15.

Heir said:
What a mess you have there.
I don't think I'm the one with the mess. You might take a look around at the dust inside your own theological house.

You have Covenants that are made possible by the cross but aren't made effective at the cross and your theology props right back up the dividing wall of hostility which Jesus abolished!

:nono:

Dispensationalism says there were still distinctions between Jew and Gentile after the cross, the bible says there aren't (Gal 3:28). DIspensationalism says that the New Covenant won't be affected until thousands of years after Jesus died, the bible says that Covenants take affect when the Testator dies (Hint: Jesus isn't dying again to bail out your failed theology). Dispensationalism says the dividing wall of hostility, the commandments expressed in ordinances still divided Jew and Gentile each with their own gospel on either side of that wall, the bible says that the wall was abolished in Jesus' flesh, on the cross.

Talk about your mess!

Heir said:
First, the Romans: yes, the Romans already had a graffed in position in the olive tree,
Believing Romans, of course! But if there are two gospels then why aren't there two olive trees?

:think:

Heir said:
but the tree was coming down...
STOP!

Where in the bible does it say that the tree was coming down?

Heir said:
and unless they continued in the goodness of God they were going to be cut off (Romans 11:22 KJV); to continue in the goodness of God would be to believe Paul’s my gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and be established into the body of Christ (Romans 1:9-17 KJV, Romans 16:25-27 KJV).
So far so good.

Heir said:
Paul was not a minister of the NC but, "able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:6 KJV).
You do realize that "Covenant" and "Testament" are just different translations of the same greek words don't you?

Paul was a minister of a καινῆς διαθήκης which is the term used throughout Hebrews to refer to the New Covenant and especially in Hebrews 8:8.

What is the basis for your distinction?

Heir said:
And you must be kidding about Paul telling the Corinthians to keep the Lord ’s supper. He commanded them NOT to eat ( 1 Corinthians 11:20 KJV). Paul was rebuking them! LOL
[/quote]
Are YOU the one kidding?

" For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread;
24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes. (1Co 11:23-26 NKJ)

:rotfl:

You think Paul didn't deliver the Lord's supper to the Corinthians...

:chuckle:

Good one Heir, good one....

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

You mean Jeremiah?

This is why a heart reformation was prophesied. Heart = Spirit.

Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

Ezekiel 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

Ezekiel 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

andyc

Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

Ezekiel 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

Ezekiel 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

Ah ok. In the post I responded to you were referring to Jeremiah.
Same thing with Ezekiel. "Spirit within you" is talking about the heart reformation / new creation.

SaulToPaul 2

Ah ok. In the post I responded to you were referring to Jeremiah.
Same thing with Ezekiel. "Spirit within you" is talking about the heart reformation / new creation.

and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

what statutes did Ezekiel know about?

andyc

and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

what statutes did Ezekiel know about?

I see where you're headed. See below :O)

1Peter 1:10-12
Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven——things which angels desire to look into.

heir

TOL Subscriber
But God is still saving a remnant of Jews according to His election of grace. Romans 11:5-7
:nono: not today!

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

"at this present time" is not this present time as in today, 2015.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Are you now claiming there are more dispensations within the dispensation of grace?

When did the dispensation of Romans 11 end and the next dispensation begin? What scriptural evidence do you have that defines what occurred after the subject Paul broached in Romans Chapters 9-11? How did Paul's teachings change since his day?

And how many other biblical dispensations have occurred since, until we reach this present age of February, 2015? And how many more do you expect?

Your MAD ideas prove to be nothing but unsubstantiated parsings of time, chosen & invented upon whim, with the purpose to always have an answer to biblical arguments brought against your beliefs, whether there is any foundation to be found for them or not.

You argue just to argue, you invent stories to just to stay on these forums, and your only fruit is confusion.

reductio ad absurdum might better define MAD inconcistencies . . .

I say bah to it all. Your view is silly nonsense, only meant to detract from God's wonderful truth.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yah, follow the ellipse...

" For in eating, each one goes ahead with his own meal. One goes hungry, another gets drunk.
22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I commend you in this? No, I will not. (1Co 11:21-22 ESV)

Paul said it wasn't the Lord's supper because they were abusing the ordinance...

Paul then goes on to instruct them on how to rightfully practice the Lord's Supper!

You don't get to rip verses from their context in order to prop up a failed theology.

Verse please...

Where in the bible does it say that Paul ministered the spirit of the New Covenant to those who had no part of the New Covenant?

So, then what work is Paul referring to in Phil 1:6?

If the work of sanctification is not in view (which you deny by your previous statement) then exactly what is God up to in the life of a present day believer?

Excellent questions, that destroy MAD views.

Of course, you will not get any answers. More than likely you will just be told more stories about more dispensations that supposedly make your questions invalid.

That is how they operate, but eventually they are going to run out of times, to dissect, literally . . .

Good job performed here, brother, in confronting only some of the inconsistencies of this MAD theory. :cheers:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you now claiming there are more dispensations within the dispensation of grace?
I don't believe there IS a remant according to the election of grace today. I believe this because I see Paul no longer going to the Jew first after Acts 28.

I say bah to it all.
I know. You think you are a sheep. That is why I don't take time to reply to everything you write.
Your view is silly nonsense, only meant to detract from God's wonderful truth.
No, that's why you're here.

Nimrod

Not a dispensationalist but from a preterist perspective I think the remnant stopped at 70 AD.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Not a dispensationalist but from a preterist perspective I think the remnant stopped at 70 AD.

Well, I do not think you nor heir (Dispensationalists) understand what Paul meant by referring to "at this present time also" in Romans 11:5.

Dialogos

Assuming that we could not "splain" 2 Peter 3:15,

the facts remain that Peter's doctrine does not match Paul's.

Peter - the atonement is at the 2nd coming, inheritance is a city
Paul - the atonement is past, inheritance is heaven

Now we have two atonements???

Flatly contradicted by Hebrew 10:14.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Well, I do not think you nor heir (Dispensationalists) understand what Paul meant by referring to "at this present time also" in Romans 11:5.

It meant at that present time which would be the time of Acts 20.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Assuming that we could not "splain" 2 Peter 3:15,

the facts remain that Peter's doctrine does not match Paul's.

Peter - the atonement is at the 2nd coming, inheritance is a city
Paul - the atonement is past, inheritance is heaven

Yep! They look forward, while we look back!

Dialogos

Yep! They look forward, while we look back!
BIble please!

I am sick of the traditions of men being bandied about.

Where IN THE BIBLE does it say that the atonement for Israel will be during the second coming rather than the cross?

Second, 'splain Hebrews 10:12-14. Because it is absolutely clear that there by one offering (the cross) Christ makes forever perfect those who are being made holy.

Another alternative would be to just believe the Word of God rather than the man-made dispensational charts.