ECT Why Won't MAD Folks Address 2 Peter 3:15?

DAN P

All those who follow Christ must have their own head cut off in order to reign with Christ, first by the Spirit of the Lord and thereafter by men as you are trying to do because you can not help being what you are and you are refusing the first.

Get understanding.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

LA

Hi and Get Understanding that the book of Revelation is ALL about the PURGING of the those who say they are Jews but are NOT Jews !!:bang::bang:

dan p

SaulToPaul 2

All those who follow Christ must have their own head cut off in order to reign with Christ, first by the Spirit of the Lord and thereafter by men as you are trying to do because you can not help being what you are and you are refusing the first.

LA the Great, making stuff up again.

musterion

Hang on a second...LA sees him as a beheader. Tet sees Christ as a mass rapist and murderer. Calvinists have a god that says what he doesnt really mean. This appears to be the start of a trend here on TOL.

Dialogos

Hi and we see that the Elders and James in Acts 21 , as the Holy Spirit , had Luke write , as you have showm that Paul would do anything to save the Weak , and became to the Jews a Jew , that I might gain Jews , 1 Cor 9:20 .
Right, which is why Paul nowhere instructs Jews to stop practicing circumcision or instructs the Jews among the Gentiles to "forsake Moses" which is what was being reported of him...

"but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs. (Act 21:21 NKJ)​

This report is a false report and James knows its a false report which is why he urges Paul to perform the Nazarite ritual.

"Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads, and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but that you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law. (Act 21:24 NKJ)​

Paul nowhere commands law-keeping for salvation (neither does Peter, James, or John for that matter) and neither does Paul command any Jew to forsake the law of Moses. When among Jews, Paul walked according to the custom of the Law of Moses in order to win those under the law, and when among Gentiles, Paul enjoyed the freedom of the Law of Christ.

Dan said:
All we notice that God did not let Paul complete the Vow , as he was stopped by those that recognized Paul .
Yes, and then he was arrested, preached the gospel in Jerusalem, witnessed, in chains, to Felix, Agrippa and then wound up in Rome.

Dan said:
Many have accused Paul of many things , like being saved under Kingdom preaching,
Paul was saved by the gospel, period.

Dan said:
...or Baptizing...
Paul did baptize, this is clear from scripture.

Dan said:
Only those who understand Eph 3:9 , To make all see what is the Dispensation of the Mystery , and know that ONLY Paul was the only one " born out of DUE TIME , will understand Pauline truth , and you do NOT !!
I see, so only those who have your special MAD secret decoder ring and can unlock what isn't clear from the text or context of Eph 3:9 can understand the scriptures, right?

This, right here, is the core problem with MAD.

MAD is not a hermeneutic that comes from studying the plain meaning of scripture, it is a hermeneutic imposed on the scripture. As we have seen, those passages that clearly illustrate the faults of MAD (Such as 2 Peter 3:15) end up being totally ignored.

Dan said:
Paul did not teach the Law after he was saved as Rom 1:1 as Saul/Paul was saved by Grace as Gal 1:15 .
^^^^^^^^Right Here!!!!^^^^^^^^^^

Dan, you are absolutely, 100% correct in this statement.

Paul absolutely did NOT teach the law after he was saved...

Which ends up being the principle complication for your theology when it comes to 2 Peter 3:15.

You claim that Paul preached salvation by grace alone. You also claim that Peter and the 12 preached a gospel of grace plus works to maintain salvation.
You claim that Peter only wrote to Jews who were saved by this "grace+works" gospel.
But Peter said that Paul wrote to the same audience he did (2 Peter 3:15). Which means Paul is preaching salvation by grace alone to Jews you think couldn't possibly be saved by grace alone!!

DAN P

Right, which is why Paul nowhere instructs Jews to stop practicing circumcision or instructs the Jews among the Gentiles to "forsake Moses" which is what was being reported of him...

Hi , and Titus 1:10 will set it all straight !!

For there are many Unruly one and Idle Talkers and Mind Deceivers Most of All , the Ones from the CIRCUMCISION !!

Sounds like the Law of Moses , to me !!

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Never heard of MAD folks. Who are they or what does MAD stand for?

lots of us are MAD here - it is rightly dividing the Word of God - Mid-Acts Dispensation. the gospel of salvation by the grace of God, first given to Paul by revelations from Christ/God - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -

btw, 2 Peter 3:15 KJV - has been addressed

Danoh

For one, that this - Acts 3:

21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Is not the same as this - Colossians 1:

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Dialogos

MAD is an acronym for Mid-Acts Dispensationalists.

I'm sure many will come along and fill in the details but most MAD folks believe that the body of Christ did not begin until Paul was saved in Acts 9. Before then, a different gospel (the gospel of the Kingdom) was being preached. In some MAD circles, the gospel of the kingdom is not a gospel of grace alone but a gospel that requires faith plus lifelong obedience to the Law of Moses in order to maintain one's salvation.

Sorry to answer your question so late. Its been a busy couples of days.

Welcome to TOL.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yesterday, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJ View Post

lots of us are MAD here - it is rightly dividing the Word of God - Mid-Acts Dispensation. the gospel of salvation by the grace of God, first ]given to Paul by revelations from Christ/God - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -

lots of us are MAD here - it is rightly dividing the Word of God - Mid-Acts Dispensation. the gospel of salvation by the grace of God, first given to Paul by revelations from Christ/God - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -

also on the Forums tab, there is a brief description of MAD, or searching MAD or Mid-Acts Dispensation on TOL will explain better than me - :patrol:

Last edited:

lifeisgood

This I believe:

There is only One True Gospel and there is only One True God.

The one gospel is being preached to both Jew (by Peter) and Gentile (by Paul).
Same gospel, different recipients.

The Scripture clearly declares:
ONE holy Lawgiver,
ONE Law,
ONE penalty for its violation,
ONE universal condition of man,
ONE perfect Lawkeeper,
ONE perfect Sacrifice,
and
ONE Mediator, WHO is the ONE Way — Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.

StanJ

MAD is an acronym for Mid-Acts Dispensationalists.

I'm sure many will come along and fill in the details but most MAD folks believe that the body of Christ did not begin until Paul was saved in Acts 9. Before then, a different gospel (the gospel of the Kingdom) was being preached. In some MAD circles, the gospel of the kingdom is not a gospel of grace alone but a gospel that requires faith plus lifelong obedience to the Law of Moses in order to maintain one's salvation.

Sorry to answer your question so late. Its been a busy couples of days.

Welcome to TOL.

Thanks very much.:thumb: I do have a habit of NOT reading all posts in a long thread. My AADD I guess.

In light of this, of course I whole heartedly disagree with MAD.

I also disagree with people who say nobody was saved until after Jesus died and the Holy Spirit came to earth.

musterion

I also disagree with people who say nobody was saved until after Jesus died and the Holy Spirit came to earth.

It depends on the definition of "saved" but as far as it goes, I don't think any MAD believes that, but they can correct me on that.

While TOL is owned and operated by MADs, you'll find a lot of definitions about what MADs are and what we believe to be wrong because the quickest to offer them are often those who dislike MAD. So it's best to ask us what we believe. We may disagree on some points among ourselves but we'll be glad to tell you what you ask.

StanJ

It depends on the definition of "saved" but as far as it goes, I don't think any MAD believes that, but they can correct me on that.

While TOL is owned and operated by MADs, you'll find a lot of definitions about what MADs are and what we believe to be wrong because the quickest to offer them are often those who dislike MAD. So it's best to ask us what we believe. We may disagree on some points among ourselves but we'll be glad to tell you what you ask.

Well now that I've been told WHAT it is, I looked it up and I know it from it's other name of hyper-dispensationalism. I've never really gotten into it, but there were people saved before Jesus even died, so I can only assume there were people saved before Paul was.
As to the OP, I don't see anything that indicates MAD, but I am coming in a little late to the table so feel free to educate me.
Hopefully this can be addressed without the usual vitriol I see on TOL which is why I left for a couple of years.

musterion

Well now that I've been told WHAT it is, I looked it up and I know it from it's other name of hyper-dispensationalism. I've never really gotten into it, but there were people saved before Jesus even died, so I can only assume there were people saved before Paul was.
As to the OP, I don't see anything that indicates MAD, but I am coming in a little late to the table so feel free to educate me.
Hopefully this can be addressed without the usual vitriol I see on TOL which is why I left for a couple of years.

Well said, sir. If I may offer a small something:

https://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/are-we-hyper-dispensationalists/