ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Still is.

Jeremiah 32:37-42 KJV
(37) Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:
(38) And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
(39) And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
(40) And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
(41) Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.
(42) For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.

Jeremiah 33:7-14 KJV
(7) And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.
(8) And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.
(9) And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.
(10) Thus saith the LORD; Again there shall be heard in this place, which ye say shall be desolate without man and without beast, even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, that are desolate, without man, and without inhabitant, and without beast,
(11) The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.
(12) Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Again in this place, which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof, shall be an habitation of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down.
(13) In the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the south, and in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, shall the flocks pass again under the hands of him that telleth them, saith the LORD.
(14) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.

Yeah but, that doesn't mean what it says, Tam.
That's all spurtial, now! :dizzy:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jeremiah 33 is prophecy pointing to the New Jerusalem; the Heavenly City; described (in very similar language) in Revelation 21.

This is not the land of Israel, but a new earth where all the saints will live and reign forever in Christ. This is His Kingdom. He is the promised "land."

One Kingdom promised . . not two.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Kings of the earth are not the unbelieving Jews of 70 AD, the Kings of the earth are the Kings of the earth.

Says who?

In the OT, Israel is many times referred to as "earth".

Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers.

You only say that because you have been a Dispensationalist for so many years.

I could say the same thing about you with your explanation for "this generation".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jeremiah 33 is prophecy pointing to the New Jerusalem; the Heavenly City; described (in very similar language) in Revelation 21.

This is not the land of Israel, but a new earth where all the saints will live and reign forever in Christ. This is His Kingdom. He is the promised "land."

One Kingdom promised . . not two.

Can you PROVE that there will no longer be a Heaven and a New earth existing simultaneously?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Still is.

(37) Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

Wrong again Tam.

After Joshua led the Israelites into the promised land, many years later the nation split into two nations. Then the Israelites and Jews were removed from the promised land.

The Jews were taken captive for 70 years in Babylon. When the 70 years were over, the Lord allowed them to return, which they did, and then they rebuilt the temple.

The verse above is a prophecy for the return to Judah from Babylonian captivity, not some future return of Jews to the Middle East.

You Darby followers are notorious for taking OT prophecies of the Jews returning to the promised land that were fulfilled after the Babylonian captivity, and applying them to the yet future.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nang, This may be one of those "Grey areas" that are unspoken of within the Bible? Unless you can prove without a shadow of a doubt what you proclaim?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Can you PROVE that there will no longer be a Heaven and a New earth existing simultaneously?

What would be the point, other than to divide the Jews from the rest of the nations who are in Christ?

I remember a Dispie teaching this. That the Heavenly Kingdom will be an "inner circle" consisting of the "church body," but the Jewish New Jerusalem will be an "outer circle", not receiving as many blessings of access or closeness with Jesus as the "inner circle."

Which was simply ridiculous and unbiblical, and I felt, anti-Semitic to boot.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, but WHEN was it first invented that the fire from heaven was really just a lightning bolt symbol on a Roman army banner?

I don't know Tam. I'm not dogmatic over it.

There is not one person on this planet that fully understands all the symbolism in Revelation 100%.

However, I would bet my house that the beast in Revelation had something to do with the Roman Empire of the first century, and not some creature I see on a heavy metal album cover like you Darby followers think the beast is going to be.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What would be the point, other than to divide the Jews from the rest of the nations who are in Christ?

I remember a Dispie teaching this. That the Heavenly Kingdom will be an "inner circle" consisting of the "church body," but the Jewish New Jerusalem will be an "outer circle", not receiving as many blessings of access or closeness with Jesus as the "inner circle."

Which was simply ridiculous and unbiblical, and I felt, anti-Semitic to boot.

The matter may be up to your theory as opposed to mine type of question? I'm generalizing here, not being personal.

john w

Hall of Fame
Still is.

(38) And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
(39) And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
(40) And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
(41) Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.
(42) For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.

Jeremiah 33:7-14 KJV
(7) And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.
(8) And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.
(9) And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.
(10) Thus saith the LORD; Again there shall be heard in this place, which ye say shall be desolate without man and without beast, even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, that are desolate, without man, and without inhabitant, and without beast,
(11) The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.
(12) Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Again in this place, which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof, shall be an habitation of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down.
(13) In the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the south, and in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, shall the flocks pass again under the hands of him that telleth them, saith the LORD.
(14) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.

Dobn'y you know, Bora of Tam, that "Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:...." does not really mean that, as "Jesus Christ is promised land," and "out of all countries" just means being saved, "again" and "them" is the body of Christ, which Craigie says replaces the believing remnant of the nation of Israel, as the LORD God was angry at, and had stored furry to, the boc, and now, since we are saved, "again," "dwell safely" just means that there is rest in Christ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Obviously,if you were not such a Darby follower, you'd see this, like "everyone" else does, even though "everyone," does not really mean "everyone," and you would not be in denial.

Nothin' to this Preterism mysticism/Buddhism!