quip

BANNED
Banned
I'm not that kind of doctor. :nono:

You might need a swift kick in your gravitas. :shocked: :think:

Try subscribing. I'm sure the owners would be tickled. :plain:

Perhaps, TOL should go PPP (Pay Per Post) -----> :blabla: :greedy:

horiturk

i'd gladly subscribe if the forum had exclusive sections for others as it does for christians. also if it was a little more relaxed and not so easily offended by those who are not christian i'd be more inclined to contribute with money.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i'd gladly subscribe if the forum had exclusive sections for others as it does for christians. also if it was a little more relaxed and not so easily offended by those who are not christian i'd be more inclined to contribute with money.
So your inclinations, with over 1,000 posts at present, are what exactly....?? :squint:

AMR

Nydhogg

The TOL-A-THON has me thinking of late as to why those that have made over 500 posts here remain non-subscribers. You would be one whose userID is shown in blue typeface.

I think I am qualified to ask the question, as I have subscribed here since day one, and Lord knows, I have the infractions and bannings to prove that my opinions are not necessarily those of the management or popular culture here. Sigh.

I realize the rules allow non-subscribers. But I am wondering what your underlying motivations are for not subscribing, even at the lowest level, the green level, of $3/month or $30/year?
Thoughts?

AMR

I can not be certain that some of the money will not end up funding political projects that I oppose.
That's why I don't donate.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can not be certain that some of the money will not end up funding political projects that I oppose.
That's why I don't donate.

Well, you're contributing to the site in content, which might drive views/participants, some of whom will contribute and all of that puts money in the same coffer.

So you have a problem. :D And I haven't even started in on sales tax. :plain:

Re: how does God help people?
with other people
Very nice, your old man chasing kids out of his yard act elsewhere and ongoing notwithstanding. :D

Samstarrett

In all honesty, there are two main reasons I don't subscribe:

1. Funds are limited.
2. This site tends to take up so much of my time that I get nothing done. When that happens, I take long, unanticipated breaks from the site. During that time(sometimes months) I'd be paying for nothing. Since I don't know when I'll decide I need a sabbatical, it doesn't really make sense for me to subscribe, especially as all the features I really care about are available for free.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In all honesty, there are two main reasons I don't subscribe:

1. Funds are limited.
2. This site tends to take up so much of my time that I get nothing done. When that happens, I take long, unanticipated breaks from the site. During that time(sometimes months) I'd be paying for nothing. Since I don't know when I'll decide I need a sabbatical, it doesn't really make sense for me to subscribe, especially as all the features I really care about are available for free.
Chat room issues notwithstanding, of course. ;)

You also miss out on the schadenfruede of the Woodshed forum where all disciplinary actions are given the light of day.

AMR