ECT WHO IS THE ONE WHO BAPTIZES TODAY ??

musterion

The truth is on my side but a yes or no answer will not prove it's truth. If I give you a yes or no, will you take my word?? The truth is not on your side, that is why you will not reason it out.

Point out a hole in my reasoning if you can.

If I can, I will. But you won't say anything of substance. So if you're honest, start with this:

What does the "one baptism" needed today for salvation look like?

Where should one go to receive it?

Who performs it?

How much water is needed?

turbosixx

But you won't say anything of substance. So if you're honest, start with this:

I provided a post longer than I like to provide substance and it's backed with supporting scriptures. The answer to your first question is in post #20.

When do you want to find the truth? Here on earth or standing before God?

musterion

The answer to your first question is in post #20.

Yes, I saw that. You said water baptism is part of the Gospel, which must mean water baptism is necessary for salvation. I understand you said that.

What I'm now asking is...

What does that "one [water] baptism" look like?

Who performs it?

If you can't or won't answer, then just say so. But don't talk around a point and insist you addressed it when you haven't.

turbosixx

Yes, I saw that. You said water baptism is part of the Gospel, which must mean water baptism is necessary for salvation. I understand you said that.

What I'm now asking is...

What does that "one [water] baptism" look like?

Acts 19:5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Place not important.

Who performs it?
We see a lot of people performing baptism, the only consistency is they are a man and a believer.

Jn. 3:23 John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because water was plentiful there,
Matt. 3:16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water,
Acts 8:39 And when they came up out of the water,

dodge

I provided a post longer than I like to provide substance and it's backed with supporting scriptures. The answer to your first question is in post #20.

When do you want to find the truth? Here on earth or standing before God?

Your post was thorough and backed up by scripture. I only know of one entity that works really hard to move folks from God's truths and his name is Satan.

It gets complicated at times but I often remind myself we do not war against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in high places ,principalities and powers etc.

The only reason anyone needs to be water baptized to me is because Jesus said to be water baptized, and along comes the spiritual forces ( wicked ) and say you do not have to follow Jesus' teachings and the excuse are His teachings are not for us. Wonder who came up with Jesus' teachings are not for us ? I believe that name would be Beelzebub.

You really did a good job making the case to follow Jesus, but then again there will always be resistance from the spiritual wickedness in high places to actually follow Jesus.

Keep the SON in your eyes.

Last edited:

turbosixx

Your post was through and backed up by scripture. I only know of one entity that works really hard to move folks from God's truths and his name is Satan.

It gets complicated at times but I often remind myself we do not war against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in high places ,principalities and powers etc.

The only reason anyone needs to be water baptized to me is because Jesus said to be water baptized, and along comes the spiritual forces ( wicked ) and say you do not have to follow Jesus' teachings and the excuse are His teachings are not for us. Wonder who came up with Jesus' teachings are not for us ? I believe that name would be Beelzebub.

You really did a good job making the case to follow Jesus, but then again there will always be resistance from the spiritual wickedness in high places to actually follow Jesus.

Keep the SON in your eyes.

Thanks.

I want to know the truth before it's too late!! I don't want to find out on the day of judgment I was deceived by Satan. That's why I came here in the first place. I wanted to understand other's views to see if scripture backed up theirs or mine.

dodge

Thanks.

I want to know the truth before it's too late!! I don't want to find out on the day of judgment I was deceived by Satan. That's why I came here in the first place. I wanted to understand other's views to see if scripture backed up theirs or mine.

The very best way to understand is to stay in the bible, pray, and seek God's face and ask for the Holy Spirit to guide you and reveal God's truth to you.

John 14:6/ Eph.2:8-10 is where I placed my faith years ago and while Satan tries relentlessly to move me off of that it aint happening.

Jesus said , " I am the way,the truth and the life, and no man comes to the Father but by me".

Then Ephesians 2:8-10 "for by grace have you been saved through faith and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God not of works lest any man should boast".

P.S. most of the time those caught up in deceptions and lies will ask a ton of questions to divert you away from scripture and rarely answer any questions.

musterion

Acts 19:5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Place not important.

So going to any church that water baptizes "in the name of Jesus" will save someone? That's what's most important?

We see a lot of people performing baptism, the only consistency is they are a man and a believer.

In any church? No matter what gospel they preach? Most do water baptize...but most also contradict each other on what else is to be believed/to be done to be saved.

dodge

musterion;4980593]So going to any church that water baptizes "in the name of Jesus" will save someone? That's what's most important?

Diversion at it's best to avoid doing as Jesus said to do and that every person saved in the NT did they all got water BAPTIZED. FIRST FAIL

In any church? No matter what gospel they preach? Most do water baptize...but most also contradict each other on what else is to be believed/to be done to be saved.

MORE DIVERSION to ignore what Jesus said to do . If the church saved anyone that might make a difference but those in Christ Jesus know that only HIS Gospel believed , trusted, and followed changes a persons heart unto salvation. FAILED AGAIN

dodge

So you're not even sure you're forgiven all sins and justified with the righteousness of Christ?

Phl 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

musterion

Diversion at it's best to avoid doing as Jesus said to do and that every person saved in the NT did they all got water BAPTIZED. FIRST FAIL
He wasn't talking to or about us when He said that. His disciples were preaching "to none but Jews only" for some time after that.

MORE DIVERSION to ignore what Jesus said to do . If the church saved anyone that might make a difference but those in Christ Jesus know that only HIS Gospel believed , trusted, and followed changes a persons heart unto salvation. FAILED AGAIN

You can't be saved by (1) being baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ, AND (2) being water baptized in a church by men.

That makes TWO SEPARATE baptisms, one by the Spirit without H20, one by men with H20.

Paul said there's only ONE, without H20.

You deny Scripture in favor of human tradition, as usual.

turbosixx

So you're not even sure you're forgiven all sins and justified with the righteousness of Christ?

2 Cor. 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

musterion

2 Cor. 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

You've torn that from context. SHAME ON YOU.

Paul is answering the objection of some in Corinth that he wasn't really an apostle.

He's pointing out how stupid they are: if he's not an apostle, then the message he preached, which they believed, is false and their faith is in vain.

In short, he's pointing out how those who say he's false are shooting their own faith in the foot.

turbosixx

But you just said it doesn't matter where, as long as it is "in the name of Jesus."

This is exactly why I didn't want to answer questions. Your taking answers from different questions and putting them together to discredit.

Why don't you disprove me with scripture instead of questions based on your agenda??

musterion

This is exactly why I didn't want to answer questions. Your taking answers from different questions and putting them together to discredit.

I'm just going by what you said. If you contradict yourself, or are inconsistent, I can't be blamed for just pointing it out. You said place didn't matter, as long as "in the name of Jesus" is the water baptism. Then you said it DOES matter. Make up your mind.

Why don't you disprove me with scripture instead of questions based on your agenda??

I already have.

Eph 4:5 cf 1 Cor 1:17

If Paul was not SENT to water baptize others (even though he did water baptize a few Jewish believers), and if there is today only ONE baptism, then the one baptism for today is not and cannot be water baptism.

If not even Paul was sent to water baptize today, THEN NEITHER WAS ANYONE ELSE.