ECT WHO IS THE ONE WHO BAPTIZES TODAY ??

musterion

I would suggest to you that water baptism is part of the gospel. Please bare with me.

John the baptist was to "prepare" the way of the Lord. He did so by baptizing, Mk. 1:1-4. This was something new. In the OT, there were washings but not baptisms. The OT was a physical shadow to help us better understand the spiritual things in Christ. In this case, the high priest could only approach God after washing with water and offering blood (animal). I would suggest to you we approach God the same way today but by better things, the water of baptism and the blood of Christ.

Johns baptism was for repentance but could not remove sin because it didn't have Jesus' blood behind it. Once Jesus offered himself in true holy of holies, he was given ALL authority in heaven and on earth, Matt. 28:18. He then commissions his apostles to "make" Christians by baptizing them in the name of the father, son and HS. I would suggest to you that is the key, "in the name of".

Here is a clear example of that, Acts 18:24-19:7. In Ephesus Apollos preached Jesus. The bible tells us: He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures. 25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John. He knew the truth with only one exception, baptism.

When Paul comes in to town behind him, he asks the people if they received the Holy Spirit when they believed. If Paul knew the HS baptizes upon belief, it doesn't make sense for him to ask this question. He isn't questioning their belief, remember they had been taught accurately Jesus.

They tell him they didn't know there was a HS. Notice Paul's next question. 3 And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?"

When he finds out it was Johns baptism, he says that was for repentance and was looking forward to Christ (preparing the way). After that was cleared up, Paul baptized them in the name of Jesus.

I would suggest to you being baptized in the name of Jesus is how we call upon his name and access his blood. Remember, that is how Jesus said to make Christians of all nations and every creature. When we believe and are baptized, we can now approach God because we have the water and the blood just like the example of the high priest. Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

There are somewhere around 12 distinct baptisms in the Bible.

Paul says there is now "one baptism."

Which one do you think Paul was referring to?

turbosixx

Yes. You believe having a church water baptize you is needed for salvation.
Wrong.

I am asking you which baptism Paul called the "one baptism."

I'll answer with a question. Did Paul water baptize Crispus after he preached the gospel near the end of his second journey?
Acts 18:8 Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized.

turbosixx

I asked you first and you haven't answered.

Which baptism was Paul referring to as the "one baptism"?

Because whatever baptism you pick, THAT is the one you're saying is needed for salvation.

Answering my question will help you to better understand me.

If Paul preached "one" baptism when he preached the gospel, did he water baptize Crispus after doing so?

musterion

Answering my question will help you to better understand me.

If Paul preached "one" baptism when he preached the gospel, did he water baptize Crispus after doing so?

You tell me.

What baptism did Paul call the "one baptism"?

If you don't know what that one is, just say so.

turbosixx

You tell me.

What baptism did Paul call the "one baptism"?

If you don't know what that one is, just say so.

I have zero doubt which one it was.

The one he practiced and preached throughout his ministry. We have examples of Paul baptizing into his 3rd journey. When was he going to stop? Paul did not support things that were from the OT that are not part of the gospel so that the truth of the gospel would be made known, like in the case of Titus.

This was something new and is part of the gospel.
Mk. 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,
"Behold, I send my messenger before your face,
who will prepare your way,
3 the voice of one crying in the wilderness:
'Prepare the way of the Lord,
make his paths straight,'"
4 John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Did you find any holes in what I wrote glorydaz?

musterion

I have zero doubt which one it was.

The one he practiced and preached throughout his ministry. We have examples of Paul baptizing into his 3rd journey. When was he going to stop? Paul did not support things that were from the OT that are not part of the gospel so that the truth of the gospel would be made known, like in the case of Titus.

This was something new and is part of the gospel.
Mk. 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,
"Behold, I send my messenger before your face,
who will prepare your way,
3 the voice of one crying in the wilderness:
'Prepare the way of the Lord,
make his paths straight,'"
4 John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Did you find any holes in what I wrote glorydaz?

So do you believe water baptism, in some form, is the "one baptism" identified by Paul and so is necessary for salvation?

turbosixx

So do you believe water baptism, in some form, is the "one baptism" identified by Paul and so is necessary for salvation?

I only believe what the bible tells me. Did you really read and consider what I wrote glorydaz? Did you find any holes in it?

musterion

I only believe what the bible tells me.

I'm just asking for a yes or no. Is some form of water baptism the "one baptism' that saves, according to Paul?

Because if you think it is, I'd like to know exactly which form/mode/formula of baptizing in water is "the one." There's many out there to choose from. It'd help if you narrowed them down to "one."

turbosixx

exactly which form/mode/formula of baptizing in water is "the one." There's many out there to choose from.

This proves you didn't read and consider what I wrote glorydaz. It's clear in that post what baptism I believe in. You don't want to debate to find the truth. If you do, point out a hole or holes in what I wrote glorydaz.

musterion

This proves you didn't read and consider what I wrote glorydaz. It's clear in that post what baptism I believe in. You don't want to debate to find the truth. If you do, point out a hole or holes in what I wrote glorydaz.

No, it isn't clear which baptism you believe it, for reasons I just explained. But what is clear is, you're avoiding nailing yourself down to one. If you're not honest enough to have an honest conversation on the core issue -- WHICH baptism saves today and WHAT does it look like? -- that's your problem.

turbosixx

No, it isn't clear which baptism you believe it, for reasons I just explained. But what is clear is, you're avoiding nailing yourself down to one. If you're not honest enough to have an honest conversation on the core issue -- WHICH baptism saves today and WHAT does it look like? -- that's your problem.

You're like a lawyer looking for a yes or no answer to incriminate where as I want to show what I believe. I have NO problem telling what I believe but I do so in light of scripture. I did my best to lay it out clearly in that post what I believe. Point out what isn't clear and I would be glad to go from there.

musterion

You're like a lawyer looking for a yes or no answer to incriminate where as I want to show what I believe.

If the Truth is on your side, you have nothing to fear from a yes or no.

I have NO problem telling what I believe but I do so in light of scripture. I did my best to lay it out clearly in that post what I believe. Point out what isn't clear and I would be glad to go from there.

Fine.

What does the "one baptism" needed today for salvation look like? Where should one go to receive it? Who performs it? How much water is needed?

Very simple questions that I know you already have answers to.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The holy Spirit works through people.

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? (Romans 10:14-15)​

The one baptism Paul taught was in compliance with Jesus' instructions to baptize in his name (authority).

Paul's one baptism pictures the burial of the flesh and the emergence of the Spirit person begotten by the Father.

turbosixx

If the Truth is on your side, you have nothing to fear from a yes or no.

Fine.

What does the "one baptism" needed today for salvation look like? Where should one go to receive it? Who performs it? How much water is needed?

Very simple questions that I know you already have answers to.

The truth is on my side but a yes or no answer will not prove it's truth. If I give you a yes or no, will you take my word?? The truth is not on your side, that is why you will not reason it out.

Point out a hole in my reasoning if you can.