ECT WHO IS THE ONE WHO BAPTIZES TODAY ??

DAN P

Hi to all and during Jesus earthly ministry , it was Jesus apostles who did all the water Baptism as Jesus did not Baptize no one !!

Since all the 12 apostles are DEAD , who is qualify to water Baptize ??

Is WATER BAPTISM also continued under the MYSTERY as written in Rom 16:25 and 26 ?

Paul wrote in Eph 4:5 that there is ONLY ONE BAPTIZER / BAPTISMA !!

Does water wash away SINS or is it the BLOOD !!

Why is the word BAPTIZO mentioned by Paul at ALL ??

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is the holy Spirit that baptizes through humans.

Paul told Timothy, "Do not lay hands on anyone hastily..." (1 Timothy 5:22)

We must look for fruits of repentance.

DAN P

It is the holy Spirit that baptizes through humans.

Paul told Timothy, "Do not lay hands on anyone hastily..." (1 Timothy 5:22)

We must look for fruits of repentance.

Hi and 1 Tim 5:22 context is not about baptism , at all !!

Only Paul could lay hand and they received the Holy Spirit in Acts 19:6 will not and can not be done again today !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi to all and during Jesus earthly ministry , it was Jesus apostles who did all the water Baptism as Jesus did not Baptize no one !!

Since all the 12 apostles are DEAD , who is qualify to water Baptize ??

Is WATER BAPTISM also continued under the MYSTERY as written in Rom 16:25 and 26 ?

Paul wrote in Eph 4:5 that there is ONLY ONE BAPTIZER / BAPTISMA !!

Does water wash away SINS or is it the BLOOD !!

Why is the word BAPTIZO mentioned by Paul at ALL ??

dan p

1 Cor. 1:12 What I mean is that each one of you says, "I follow Paul," or "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Cephas," or "I follow Christ." 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.)

Peter, Paul and Apollos are performing the same baptism. They are baptizing in the name of Jesus which is why some correctly say "I follow Christ".

Do you deny it's water?

DAN P

1 Cor. 1:12 What I mean is that each one of you says, "I follow Paul," or "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Cephas," or "I follow Christ." 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.)

Peter, Paul and Apollos are performing the same baptism. They are baptizing in the name of Jesus which is why some correctly say "I follow Christ".

Do you deny it's water?

Hi and after Acts 10:47 and 48 BAPTISM is being FAZED OUT !!

In Acts 11:16 we read , Now remembering the Word of the Lord . how He was saying , John indeed BAPTIZED ( with ) Water But you will be BAPTIZED with the Holy Spirit and Acts 1:5 repeats the same thing !!

But BAPTISM will come back ONLY during the Fisrt part of the TRIBULATION in Mark 16:15-18 !!

Paul only BAPTIZED with the LAYING of hands as written in Acts 19:5 and 6 !!

The apostles used a formula , like Baptizing in the NAME OF THE Lord Jesus and BAPTIST and Pentecostal DO IT ALL WRONG !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and 1 Tim 5:22 context is not about baptism , at all !!

Only Paul could lay hand and they received the Holy Spirit in Acts 19:6 will not and can not be done again today !!

:rotfl:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and after Acts 10:47 and 48 BAPTISM is being FAZED OUT !!

Is that why Jesus said, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
(Matthew 28:19-20)

glorydaz

Do you deny it's water?

Why do you think Paul said he thanked God he had baptized so few? It's because, as Dan P said, it was being fazed out. The Holy Spirit, Himself, performs the one baptism Paul spoke of.

dodge

Why do you think Paul said he thanked God he had baptized so few? It's because, as Dan P said, it was being fazed out. The Holy Spirit, Himself, performs the one baptism Paul spoke of.

Why do you suppose Jesus said teach "all nations, " and "baptize then in the name of the Father,and Son, and of the Holy Ghost" ? Do you suppose the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost have been phased out ? Maybe All the nations of the world have been phased out in the opinion of MADist ?

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

DAN P

Hi and APOLLOS did become a DISPENSAYIONALIST as as Acts 18:25-28 !!

Not a BAPTIZER any more !!

Thanks glorydaz !!

dan p

turbosixx

Why do you think Paul said he thanked God he had baptized so few?
If you look at the context, Paul was thankful because he didn't want people making him like Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
These people were saying they were followers of the men who had baptized them which is wrong.
1 Cor. 1:12 What I mean is that each one of you says, "I follow Paul," or "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Cephas," or "I follow Christ."
Follow Christ is the right answer.

It's because, as Dan P said, it was being fazed out. The Holy Spirit, Himself, performs the one baptism Paul spoke of.
I would suggest to you that is not the case. If Paul is the pattern and he wasn't water baptized, then why did he baptize people after preaching the gospel to them?
Acts 18:8 Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized.
This is at the end of Paul's second journey. We know Paul baptized Crispus himself from 1 Cor.1:14. Why would he baptize them after preaching them the gospel if it isn't part of the gospel? This is around 15 years after his conversion and he continued to baptize into his 3rd journey. It's odd he never fazed it out or we never see him fazing it out.

Were the people in 1 Cor. 1 water baptized?

glorydaz

Why do you suppose Jesus said teach "all nations, " and "baptize then in the name of the Father,and Son, and of the Holy Ghost" ? Do you suppose the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost have been phased out ? Maybe All the nations of the world have been phased out in the opinion of MADist ?

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

They haven't been phased out, but things do change. They changed because Christ died and rose from the dead. They change because the Holy Ghost no longer just "came upon" people. They change because John's baptism of repentance was not the same as being baptised by the Spirit into the body of Christ. Watch and see how it changes.

Acts 11:15-17KJV And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Acts 19:2-4KJV He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.​

dodge

They haven't been phased out, but things do change. They changed because Christ died and rose from the dead. They change because the Holy Ghost no longer just "came upon" people. They change because John's baptism of repentance was not the same as being baptised by the Spirit into the body of Christ. Watch and see how it changes.

Acts 11:15-17KJV And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Acts 19:2-4KJV He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.​

So you believe Jesus in Mt. 28:18 was telling the Apostles to go out to every nation and teach and baptize with J.B'S baptism ? I do not.

Jesus taught water baptism. Paul was water baptized, and as a matter of fact you cannot find one person who gets saved in the NT that is not water baptized except for the thief on the cross.

Have a blessed evening.

glorydaz

If you look at the context, Paul was thankful because he didn't want people making him like Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
These people were saying they were followers of the men who had baptized them which is wrong.
1 Cor. 1:12 What I mean is that each one of you says, "I follow Paul," or "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Cephas," or "I follow Christ."
Follow Christ is the right answer.

Paul understood his main calling was to preach the Gospel by which men are saved, and the baptism of water was not about that. There was a debate about those who wanted water baptism, even though it was not necessary, and they decided it should not be forbidden, which is why Paul baptised those he did.

Acts 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?​

But, as Dan pointed out, water baptism was being phased out. It wasn't part of Paul's Gospel. Because of Paul's preaching, people realised the ONE BAPTISM that mattered was the baptism of the Spirit into the body of Christ.

Were the people in 1 Cor. 1 water baptized?

Probably some were and some weren't....just like today, but water baptism is not necessary for salvation.

glorydaz

So you believe Jesus in Mt. 28:18 was telling the Apostles to go out to every nation and teach and baptize with J.B'S baptism ? I do not.

Jesus taught water baptism. Paul was water baptized, and as a matter of fact you cannot find one person who gets saved in the NT that is not water baptized except for the thief on the cross.

Have a blessed evening.

Let me guess. Your mind has been made up, and you refuse to hear anything more about it. :alien:

dodge

Let me guess. Your mind has been made up, and you refuse to hear anything more about it. :alien:

Not really. I believe scripture was fulfilled in stages exactly as God intended for the events to be revealed. Like when God withheld the meaning of what Jesus taught for a time.

I honestly do not see but one Gospel in scripture. Jesus said HE had other sheep in a different fold, which I believe were gentiles that He would save with the setting aside of the Jews for a time. They were removed and gentiles were grafted into the same tree the Jews were removed from, which eventually the Jews will be grafted back into the same tree not a different tree.

Scripture flows from event to event with one theme "God loves us " and has done what needed to be done in Jesus to bring rebellious sinners back in to the fold through the Gospel that He provides.

I am careful about what I accept as God's truth when it deviates from the prophecies, teachings, and continuity of scripture.

The scriptures and I have been companions since March 19th 1978 and much of what I thought was correct in a scriptural sense God has corrected over the years, but I depend on God through the Holy Spirit to teach me NOT man. Here is a scriptural option I will pray that God lead you into HIS truths and ask that you do the same for me. For every scripture those in MAD post I see a conflicting scripture in scripture that points to one Gospel, and if I am wrong I believe God will lead me as He has done since 1978. It really isn't about what you believe to be true or what I believe to be true it is about lining up with, believing, and accepting God's truth.

turbosixx

Paul understood his main calling was to preach the Gospel by which men are saved, and the baptism of water was not about that. There was a debate about those who wanted water baptism, even though it was not necessary, and they decided it should not be forbidden, which is why Paul baptised those he did.

Acts 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?​

But, as Dan pointed out, water baptism was being phased out. It wasn't part of Paul's Gospel. Because of Paul's preaching, people realised the ONE BAPTISM that mattered was the baptism of the Spirit into the body of Christ.

Probably some were and some weren't....just like today, but water baptism is not necessary for salvation.

I would suggest to you that water baptism is part of the gospel. Please bare with me.

John the baptist was to "prepare" the way of the Lord. He did so by baptizing, Mk. 1:1-4. This was something new. In the OT, there were washings but not baptisms. The OT was a physical shadow to help us better understand the spiritual things in Christ. In this case, the high priest could only approach God after washing with water and offering blood (animal). I would suggest to you we approach God the same way today but by better things, the water of baptism and the blood of Christ.

Johns baptism was for repentance but could not remove sin because it didn't have Jesus' blood behind it. Once Jesus offered himself in true holy of holies, he was given ALL authority in heaven and on earth, Matt. 28:18. He then commissions his apostles to "make" Christians by baptizing them in the name of the father, son and HS. I would suggest to you that is the key, "in the name of".

Here is a clear example of that, Acts 18:24-19:7. In Ephesus Apollos preached Jesus. The bible tells us: He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures. 25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John. He knew the truth with only one exception, baptism.

When Paul comes in to town behind him, he asks the people if they received the Holy Spirit when they believed. If Paul knows the HS baptizes upon belief, it doesn't make sense for him to ask this question. He isn't questioning their belief, remember they had been taught accurately Jesus.

They tell him they didn't know there was a HS. Notice Paul's next question. 3 And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?"

When he finds out it was Johns baptism, he says that was for repentance and was looking forward to Christ (preparing the way). After that was cleared up, Paul baptized them again in the name of Jesus.

I would suggest to you being baptized in the name of Jesus is how we call upon his name and access his blood. Remember, that is how Jesus said to make Christians of all nations and every creature. When we believe and are baptized, we can now approach God because we have the water and the blood just like the example of the high priest. Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

I would suggest 1 Cor. 12:13 is used to support a falsehood. I would go into it but this is long enough already.