ECT WHO IS PAUL PERSUADING IN Gal 1:10 ??

Danoh

Not those verses GloryD, they are clearly about the grace that is in Christ. You must have meant places like Acts 14 or 17 or the kindness of God of Rom 2: 'he gives rain and food to all, so that they would reach out for him and find him...'

When you think on it - every kind of grace described in Scripture is the grace that is in Christ.

Rom. 5:8.

glorydaz

Yo, Charismatic - the Scripture repeatedly shows that the Spirit communicates His intended sense or meaning, through how He used the Words He communicated said intended sense through, to the men He inspired to write said Words down.

You're just not only used to reading your superstitious foolishness into that process, but are thin-skinned about having this pointed out to you.

"Things that differ, are not the same" is a study principle.

"It means what it says; and says what it means" are two more.

"Context" is another one.

"Cultural setting" is another.

"The law (principle) of first mention" is another one.

And so forth and so on.

All of them together helping get at the Spirit's intended sense through how He used the Words He inspired in Scripture's writers in light of all those principles of communicating intended sense through all that.

Duh-uh.

Time to put away your Charismatic superstitions.

Really? Well I'm sorry if that's all you've got, Danoh.

If the Lord isn't speaking to you through His word, you're a natural man of the flesh left to lean on your own understanding. If the only enlightening you gain is garnered through your own efforts, then you are a worker just like the rest of the bees.

Eph. 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,​

glorydaz

:chuckle: she's talking about a study principle (contrast) that she is oblivious to, even as she has just proven she herself makes use of.

Nope, study principles have nothing to do with it. Keep your nonsensical notions to yourself, and don't think you can accuse me of your methods, MR. Worker Bee. You brag about your efforts just as much as God's UNtruth does hers. Just as the Jews did who trusted in their own efforts.

I'm glad you've cleared this up. You are trusting in your own Bible Study EFFORTS. :rotfl:

glorydaz

Do you know what justification is? Do you know that it is what all that was promised to Israel was moving toward? Do you know that justification is by his grace, rom 3:23+?

I know what justification is, and I know we are justified by Grace through FAITH in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith is how we access that blood ....that Grace that saves. As far as what you're going on about, I have no clue. As usual, you make no sense whatsoever to me.

Conversely, show that there is only the general blessings of creation in Jn 1 when it says: law was given through Moses but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Firstly, I wasn't talking about "general blessings", that was you. I was talking specifically about God's favour being shown to various people for various reasons. The fact that Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ, John is speaking of our Lord's divine attributes. He became flesh but was full of grace and truth (the fulness of the Divinity in bodily form). John 1:14

John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.​

That is not talking about the Gospel of Grace that the risen Lord instructed Paul to preach, because that is the preaching of the cross, THE BLOOD, and that's my point. You seem to have missed the whole point ...just as God's UNtruth does. You can't just read salvation into every verse with Grace in it.

Danoh

Really? Well I'm sorry if that's all you've got, Danoh.

If the Lord isn't speaking to you through His word, you're a natural man of the flesh left to lean on your own understanding. If the only enlightening you gain is garnered through your own efforts, then you are a worker just like the rest of the bees.

Eph. 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,​

It figures - you cite a text you have clearly mis-read your obviously Charimastix tendencies into :chuckle:

Too bad you and most of your pals on here too often live by some unwritten code not to point things out to one another whenever one of you is clearly off on a thing.

That is your collective pattern, more often then not - either high-five one another when ever you agree with one another, or simply ignore whenever when you find you disagree with one of your own's understanding.

What about it, so called "MADs" are you each going to step up to the plate on this notion of GD's that that text is talking about The Spirit?

Are you going to back her if you believe she is right; or just allow her her mis-fire if you believe she is off?

I know I don't mind such challenges.

To think I had to end up your enemy for you to be able to call me out, lol.

It is worth the loss.

I'd rather be called out on a mis-fire than allowed to continue in an error.

Heck, even if you do so in private; you should challenge on another on your mis-fires.

Yea, yea, yea, yada, yada, yada, Tam, or whomever - deal with that passage.

GD, regarding your above false notions - the word "study" in 2 Tim. 2:15 is the Greek word "spudazo" or "diligently seek."

Meaning rolling up one's sleeves and proceeding to get to the "work" (you know, as in "a workman that needeth not to be ashamed") on the task at hand.

"For the day shall declare of what sort" the "work" was.

As for that Ephesians passage you misread your obviously Charismatic superstitions into - were you to actually study the thing out thru a multiplicity of ACTUALLY related passages, you just might come to the spirit(tual) "understanding" thru the Word, that "the spirit of wisdom and revelation" is "in the knowledge of Him."

By "spirit," he is referring to the mind; to a resulting outlook that "the knowledge of Him" (The Mystery of Christ) is meant to result in.

This is why he mentions "the EYES of your UNDERSTANDING."

Here, just a tip of the iceberg taste of what that is actually all about...Ephesians and Colossians often explain one another...

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Meaning?

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

How?

Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

How, again?

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Why?

Because, as the Lord pit it "THE WORDS that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" John 6:63.

When you take in His Word, you are taking in His spirit, or "mind of Christ" on things.

And in and out of one another all the various, related passages go, as together, they begin to shed their intended light.

A picture being worth, a thousand words.

Danoh

Nope, study principles have nothing to do with it. Keep your nonsensical notions to yourself, and don't think you can accuse me of your methods, MR. Worker Bee. You brag about your efforts just as much as God's UNtruth does hers. Just as the Jews did who trusted in their own efforts.

I'm glad you've cleared this up. You are trusting in your own Bible Study EFFORTS. :rotfl:

Nope, you got that on those passages FROM those passages, THROUGH THEIR obvious CONTRAST.

Geez, are you oblivious to your obvious practice :chuckle:

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

8:12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood BY BOOKS (The Law and the Prophets he then proceeds to pray based on, concerning) the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

How many passages do you need before you see the obvious?

glorydaz

It figures - you cite a text you have clearly mis-read your obviously Charimastix tendencies into :chuckle:

Spoiler
Too bad you and most of your pals on here too often live by some unwritten code not to point things out to one another whenever one of you is clearly off on a thing.

That is your collective pattern, more often then not - either high-five one another when ever you agree with one another, or simply ignore whenever when you find you disagree with one of your own's understanding.

What about it, so called "MADs" are you each going to step up to the plate on this notion of GD's that that text is talking about The Spirit?

Are you going to back her if you believe she is right; or just allow her her mis-fire if you believe she is off?

I know I don't mind such challenges.

To think I had to end up your enemy for you to be able to call me out, lol.

It is worth the loss.

I'd rather be called out on a mis-fire than allowed to continue in an error.

Heck, even if you do so in private; you should challenge on another on your mis-fires.

Yea, yea, yea, yada, yada, yada, Tam, or whomever - deal with that passage.

GD, regarding your above false notions - the word "study" in 2 Tim. 2:15 is the Greek word "spudazo" or "diligently seek."

Meaning rolling up one's sleeves and proceeding to get to the "work" (you know, as in "a workman that needeth not to be ashamed") on the task at hand.

"For the day shall declare of what sort" the "work" was.

As for that Ephesians passage you misread your obviously Charismatic superstitions into - were you to actually study the thing out thru a multiplicity of ACTUALLY related passages, you just might come to the spirit(tual) "understanding" thru the Word, that "the spirit of wisdom and revelation" is "in the knowledge of Him."

By "spirit," he is referring to the mind; to a resulting outlook that "the knowledge of Him" (The Mystery of Christ) is meant to result in.

This is why he mentions "the EYES of your UNDERSTANDING."

Here, just a tip of the iceberg taste of what that is actually all about...Ephesians and Colossians often explain one another...

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Meaning?

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

How?

Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

How, again?

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Why?

Because, as the Lord pit it "THE WORDS that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" John 6:63.

When you take in His Word, you are taking in His spirit, or "mind of Christ" on things.

And in and out of one another all the various, related passages go, as together, they begin to shed their intended light.

A picture being worth, a thousand words.

Looks like I hit a nerve. We get the long winded version.

The fact that you rely totally on your methods of "study" rather than the Holy Spirit enlightening your understanding is really what this is about. You can be a worker and study, like God's UNtruth, and the foremost results we see come forth are her constant feelings of being picked on.

Oops, the same exact thing happens with you, Danoh. You are forever expounding on how you're so misunderstood and picked on. Even in this little diatribe, above, you go out of your way to get someone to join you in your denouncement of what I have said. You require backup, don't you? Daring others to step up lest they look the fool like you claim I am.

How dare I think that God can open my understanding when I trust in Him to do so. How dare I think my personal "study habits" won't bring me all I can possibly glean, and improving those methods of study is not where I should place my trust.

I must need lessons from Danoh, and then I just might have as great an understanding as he does. Really, you never cease to amaze me with your self-importance.

I prefer to trust in what is freely given and taught by the Spirit. He is more trustworthy than thee.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

It isn't my study habits that cause me to remember something I read years ago, and that suddenly enlightens my understanding, it's the Comforter. This isn't from my mind, but from my spirit as it's prompted by the Spirit within.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​

Just as Paul's spirit was stirred within him by the Holy Spirit, our spirit is stirred by the Holy Spirit when we read the Scripture. This is not left to the human mind, as you would like to think. You can't take credit for the things of God. You can only take credit of those things you might glean from your "methods of study" upon which you rely so heavily.

Danoh

Looks like I hit a nerve. We get the long winded version.

The fact that you rely totally on your methods of "study" rather than the Holy Spirit enlightening your understanding is really what this is about. You can be a worker and study, like God's UNtruth, and the foremost results we see come forth are her constant feelings of being picked on.

Oops, the same exact thing happens with you, Danoh. You are forever expounding on how you're so misunderstood and picked on. Even in this little diatribe, above, you go out of your way to get someone to join you in your denouncement of what I have said. You require backup, don't you? Daring others to step up lest they look the fool like you claim I am.

How dare I think that God can open my understanding when I trust in Him to do so. How dare I think my personal "study habits" won't bring me all I can possibly glean, and improving those methods of study is not where I should place my trust.

I must need lessons from Danoh, and then I just might have as great an understanding as he does. Really, you never cease to amaze me with your self-importance.

I prefer to trust in what is freely given and taught by the Spirit. He is more trustworthy than thee.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

It isn't my study habits that cause me to remember something I read years ago, and that suddenly enlightens my understanding, it's the Comforter. This isn't from my mind, but from my spirit as it's prompted by the Spirit within.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​

Just as Paul's spirit was stirred within him by the Holy Spirit, our spirit is stirred by the Holy Spirit when we read the Scripture. This is not left to the human mind, as you would like to think. You can't take credit for the things of God. You can only take credit of those things you might glean from your "methods of study" upon which you rely so heavily.

No, that is not your study habits.

In your case, that is the basis of your error on this.

While what you are talking about is nothing more than the mind's automatic re-membering, re-calling, or re-collecting together once more, various aspects of a thing read or studied, into one sense or picture of them, once more.

That is why the words describing that process are referred to as re-membering, re-collecting, and re-calling - they are describing a do over, a repetition - of bringing together once more into one's consciousness, of all the various, related pieces.

And memory is set off by similarity in context.

Luke 24:4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: 24:5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? 24:6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, 24:7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. 24:8 And they remembered his words, 24:9 And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.

Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Similarity in context setting off the re - membering, or bringing back together in one's mind the related memory.

And that is really obvious there, for Peter is actually off in his understanding there - but right so - because things were in transition and that had resulted in some confusion for them that they were trying to make sense of.

The Spirit's leading them unto all truth having begin to leave them in a manner similar to how the Shikinah Glory gradually began to leave all of Israel way back when, with unbelieving Israel's continued unbelief.

These are Disopensational issues your pals should be attempting to help you get straight on - if any of them are straight on it themselves.

Which is the issue of sound study methods, not of some Charismatic superstition.

Those Apostles were not yet sure of what Acts 10 meant. Doesn't appear from that that the Spirit was still guiding them in the way He had prior to that, from Pentecost until the beginnings of these Dispensational changes.

The result being that they merely went along with things, knowing that God knew what He was doing...

Acts 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

And actually, I was both moved and amused by your obvious lack of a sound understanding on this subject - the way one is both moved and amused when a child who has obviously tried to get a thing right, has failed to.

(Of course, you will now take that wrong, also).

I wasn't in the least offended by your words, as it was and remains obvious to me you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

And that is both moving, and amusing.

My call to your pals is for your sake, not for mine.

Once more, you take passages out of their context in some hoped for support of your mis-fire and none of your pals say a word.

Dispensational passages at that, and not a peep from your peep's on here to you.

Where are the ever supposedly truth smacking STP, RD, Musti, and Tam on this error of yours - not a word out of any of them.

You actually, think GD, I would want the approval of such individuals - who leave their supposed own in an error in the interest of the fool "united front" you are each ever asserting I have disturbed by my refusal to be party to such a shallow "fellowship"?

It is what it is. That is where you are, and where you want to remain on this.

And where your pals are.

That you choose to view these exchanges from some sort of pettiness remains just as obvious.

Talk all the "spiritual" your obvious double-standard compels you to falsely believe you are supposedly talking from, you are only fooling yourself.

I remain both moved and amused by it all.

And fascinated by the dynamic on all sides of these exchanges, and what I continue to learn from it all.

Romans 5:8.

DAN P

You can't show many gospels because there is only one.

Paul says NO OTHER GOSPEL.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Jesus did that WITH HIS BODY, not with another gospel from Paul.

John 6:66 From that time on, many of His disciples turned back and no longer accompanied Him. 67So Jesus asked the Twelve, “Do you want to leave too?” 68Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life.

There isn't other words of life from Paul that are different than Jesus'.

Galatians 1:6-9

No Other Gospel

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.

Hi and this is what Gal 1:6 reads , I marvel that you are being changed so quickly fro the one having called you by ( the ) GRACE of Christ , to ANOTHER GOSPEL OF A DIFFERENT KIND !!

And the Greek word HETEROS / DIFFERENT KIND is what it means !!

When you FALL FROM GRACE , Gal 5:4 it means to fall BACK under the LAW of Moses and are as BLIND as the Jews in 2 Cor 3:15 , and you are just BLOVIATING !!

dan p

musterion

Peter attempted to physically prevent the crucifixion, saying he was not going to allow anyone to harm Christ. If he could have stopped it, Peter would have.

Now...the crucifixion, burial and resurrection of Christ for the sin and justification of all is Paul's good news.

What Peter tried to stop is what Paul said saves us.

There's only one conclusion: the good news preached prior to the Cross could not have been Paul's good news. The good news they preached involved a living, reigning King...not a murdered and risen Savior.

In other words, two gospels.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Peter attempted to physically prevent the crucifixion, saying he was not going to allow anyone to harm Christ. If he could have stopped it, Peter would have.

Now...the crucifixion, burial and resurrection of Christ for the sin and justification of all is Paul's good news.

There's only one conclusion: the good news preached prior to the Cross could not have been Paul's good news. The good news they preached involved a living, reigning King...not a murdered and risen Savior.

Good post.

glorydaz

While what you are talking about is nothing more than the mind's automatic re-membering, re-calling, or re-collecting together once more, various aspects of a thing read or studied, into one sense or picture of them, once more.

Ah, it's all in my head. Gotcha. :chuckle:

Of course you realize this is what every natural man says.

God's Truth

Hi and this is what Gal 1:6 reads , I marvel that you are being changed so quickly fro the one having called you by ( the ) GRACE of Christ , to ANOTHER GOSPEL OF A DIFFERENT KIND !!

And the Greek word HETEROS / DIFFERENT KIND is what it means !!

When you FALL FROM GRACE , Gal 5:4 it means to fall BACK under the LAW of Moses and are as BLIND as the Jews in 2 Cor 3:15 , and you are just BLOVIATING !!

dan p

To fall back into any false belief that is what it means.

God's Truth

How is Peter being sifted by Satan proof that he did not know the gospel after all?

Jesus reinstated Peter.

Peter learned the Truth.

Jesus taught the good news, he taught HIMSELF who IS the good news. Just ask for the scripture if you don't know it.

Danoh

If I'm remembering correctly, there was a huge debate on that between him and the Pastor behind The Grace History Project.

Fascinating read on both sides of the aisle.

By the way, Jordan appears to hold your "Jordanite" view. :chuckle:

Again, both takes on this subject are equally compelling.

Each challenging one to "think on these things" - which is never a bad thing.

Rom. 5:8

Danoh

How is Peter being sifted by Satan proof that he did not know the gospel after all?

Jesus reinstated Peter.

Peter learned the Truth.

Jesus taught the good news, he taught HIMSELF who IS the good news. Just ask for the scripture if you don't know it.

Obviously, they did not understand He was to die, GT...

Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Meaning that whatever they were preaching prior to The Cross was not the truth of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 -which was preached at some point after said Cross.

For not only had He not yet died, but they had not understood He was to die.

As the end of Matt. thru John each illustrate, they were all in shock when He did die, and again when He rose from the dead.

God's Truth

Obviously, they did not understand He was to die, GT...

Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Meaning that whatever they were preaching prior to The Cross was not the truth of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 -which was preached at some point after said Cross.

For not only had He not yet died, but they had not understood He was to die.

As the end of Matt. thru John each illustrate, they were all in shock when He did die, and again when He rose from the dead.

You are badly mistaken, calling the preaching of the apostles of the Lamb not truth.

Even the enemies of Jesus knew that he was going to die and rise again. It is why Jesus' tomb was guarded.