ECT WHO IS PAUL PERSUADING IN Gal 1:10 ??

DAN P

Nope. You're putting the cart before the horse, bro.

Darby was not "a Dispensationalist" when he first started out.

Neither was O'Hair.

Neither was I.

You are erroneously suggesting exactly what the Dispy is often erroneously accused of by his enemies - that the Dispy comes to the Scripture with his "Dispensational Bias" already in place.

That might be your lens; DP. It is not mine.

I leave the Dispensationalism at the door - each and every time I study.

If it is still there after I am through with my study, I embrace it once more; if it is not; I attend to that.

Case in point - when it comes to arriving at the actual sense, say, of 1 Cor. 2's "comparing spiritual things with spiritual" many a "Dispensationalist" only end up revealing their obviously poor study approach; if they even have a consistently sound one, to begin with.

Actual, sound, objective study of that passage reveals that is is actually Dispensational.

In contrast, many a so called "Dispensationalist" inconsistently concludes that Paul is talking about comparing Scripture with Scripture.

Which is ludicrous, because he was talking about brand spankin new, never before revealed information (or visions) given his spirit by the Spirit of God.

He even says the information he is talking about was not previously revealed; and that it has been revealed to him.

Meaning, not only was he not even talking about comparing the Scriptures with one another; but what exactly would he have had to compare his revelation with - it was new information.

Here is a case where "being a Dispensationalist" going in, is actually a hindrance, rather than a help.

If "being a Dispensationalist" means merely parroting what some teacher one was overly impressed by, was nevertheless, off about.

Or if it means not actually studying things out anew; each time.

Recall that I defined "a hybrid" as a fusing together of two things that are different; and that doing so can turn out either sound or unsound.

Paul is actually asserting that he is righlty fusing together those words that might aptly describe the imagery of the things of God that the Spirit has revealed to Paul's spirit.

Fusing or pairing those two things together, is what that EARLY Modern English use of the word phrase "comparing...with" is also referring to - by its use, within Paul's narrative, there.

Paul's would be a sound "hybrid" of those two - of his God given imagery, together with his God given word descriptions of said imagery.

He is actually asserting once more, his distinctly unique God given Apostleship.

What does many a so called "Dispensationalist" do with that passage?

They end up at their own "hybrid" or fusing together of things that are different.

In their case, an unsound one.

Either they sloppily parrot what they heard from someone else on that passage; or if they actually attempt to study it out - read their LATER Modern English into the phrase "comparing...with."

Personally, I find it difficult to respect much that such individuals assert is supposedly sound.

No, bro; it is best to leave all bias - including the "Dispensational" one, at the door.

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

8:12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

Rom. 5:8

Hi and will not use HYBRID like you do , as in 1 Cor 3:1-3 and many are still INFANTS "in Christ " and I am just trying to help you to use what TEETH that you might have to grow in Christ !!

As one has said , IF YOU ARE IGNORANT you can be EDUCATED with Pauline truth , 1 Cor 11:1 !!

If you are CRAZY , Paul will MEDICATE YOU in 2 Tim 2:15

If you are STUPID there is not HOPE for you in 1 Tim 1:19-20 !!

Be careful ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi and will not use HYBRID like you do , as in 1 Cor 3:1-3 and many are still INFANTS "in Christ " and I am just trying to help you to use what TEETH that you might have to grow in Christ !!

As one has said , IF YOU ARE IGNORANT you can be EDUCATED with Pauline truth , 1 Cor 11:1 !!

If you are CRAZY , Paul will MEDICATE YOU in 2 Tim 2:15

If you are STUPID there is not HOPE for you in 1 Tim 1:19-20 !!

Be careful ??

dan p

Lol - went right past ya, huh? :chuckle:

"Comparing...with" = equals soundly joining, or fusing, or hybriding together, one thing, with the other.

In his case, in that passage, rightly joining together the right words to the imagery he is was attempting to communicate to "the EYES of their understanding."

As in...

Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, WRITE in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

THAT is "comparing" or pairing together, said God given imagery "with" its equally God given word descriptions.

Imagery is not physical; it is spiritual.

The right words convey the intended imagery.

As in the phrase "I SEE what so and so is SAYING..."

Ever "hear" the saying "a PICTURE is worth a thousand WORDS"?

O well, carry on :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8.

DAN P

Lol - went right past ya, huh? :chuckle:

"Comparing...with" = equals soundly joining, or fusing, or hybriding together, one thing, with the other.

In his case, in that passage, rightly joining together the right words to the imagery he is was attempting to communicate to "the EYES of their understanding."

As in...

Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, WRITE in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

THAT is "comparing" or pairing together, said God given imagery "with" its equally God given word descriptions.

Imagery is not physical; it is spiritual.

The right words convey the intended imagery.

As in the phrase "I SEE what so and so is SAYING..."

Ever "hear" the saying "a PICTURE is worth a thousand WORDS"?

O well, carry on :chuckle:

Hi and you USE what you want to USE and I will use INFANTS " in Christ " which is biblical and remember 1 Cor 4:9 that we are a THEATER a STAGE DRAMA to man AND TO ANGELS !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and you USE what you want to USE and I will use INFANTS " in Christ " which is biblical and remember 1 Cor 4:9 that we are a THEATER a STAGE DRAMA to man AND TO ANGELS !!

dan p

My point was never that you should use what I might.

Rather, I was merely relating what I mean by the word "hybrid," as well as showing that what the word refers to is not a principle foreign to Scripture.

Lol - how do you get through your studies, absent of a map, DP - for you are often misinterpreting other people's posts to you :chuckle:

God's Truth

Hi and it takes a dispensationalist to understand what Paul is talking about ,referenced in 2 Peter 3:15 and 16 , so read those verses !

If a person is " in Christ " , the Greek word ARE / ESTE is in the PRESENT TENSE of continuous action amd means you are forever SAVED or OSAS !!

dan p!

It is not what the scriptures say.

DAN P

Rather, I was merely relating what I mean by the word "hybrid," as well as showing that what the word refers to is not a principle foreign to Scripture.

Lol - how do you get through your studies, absent of a map, DP - for you are often misinterpreting other people's posts to you :chuckle:

Hi and MAYBE we are both mis-understood , BUT I seem to understand what I write , and I try to always follow the word written by Paul and they are NOT HYBRID and tell me what KIND of HYBRID you are ??

Seriously ??

dan p

DAN P

It is not what the scriptures say.

Hi and read Gal 3:28 and you are wrong and I am right on !!

So check the Greek text and SEE ??

There are 4 verb tenses in Gal 3:28 THERE CANNOT BE / ENI 3 TIMES !!

The fourth verb is ARE / ESTE and all 4 are in the Greek PRESENT TENSE which places Galatians in the Dispensation of the Grace of God and the PRESENT TENSE means it is CONTINUOUS ACTION if you understand what that means ?

dan p

Danoh

Hi and MAYBE we are both mis-understood , BUT I seem to understand what I write , and I try to always follow the word written by Paul and they are NOT HYBRID and tell me what KIND of HYBRID you are ??

Seriously ??

dan p

Lol - ya did it again - never mind, bro.

Yours in Him,

Eph. 4:16 :)

God's Truth

Hi and read Gal 3:28 and you are wrong and I am right on !!

So check the Greek text and SEE ??

There are 4 verb tenses in Gal 3:28 THERE CANNOT BE / ENI 3 TIMES !!

The fourth verb is ARE / ESTE and all 4 are in the Greek PRESENT TENSE which places Galatians in the Dispensation of the Grace of God and the PRESENT TENSE means it is CONTINUOUS ACTION if you understand what that means ?

dan p

I gave you many scriptures were people were fallen away, and cast out, etc. You need the full counsel of God.

DAN P

I gave you many scriptures were people were fallen away, and cast out, etc. You need the full counsel of God.

Hi and you will never explain the above post and give no answer and it seems to me that you are the CALLOW answer , can you not do better ??

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and you will never explain the above post and give no answer and it seems to me that you are the CALLOW answer , can you not do better ??

dan p

What are you asking about that scripture?

That scripture proves that there is only one gospel and it is for ALL, Jews and Greeks.

DAN P

What are you asking about that scripture?

That scripture proves that there is only one gospel and it is for ALL, Jews and Greeks.

Hi and ONLY ONE GOSPEL , you say ??

Where does it say ONE GOSPEL with a verse ??

Can you tell me where there is ONE GOSPEL IN Rom 5:14 , Death reigned from Adam until Moses SO , in that time period , how were people saved ?

If there is ONLY ONE GOSPEL ??

You are FUNNY , one gospel !~

dan p

glorydaz

Compared to you, who misinterprets others on a regular basis? :loser:

glorydaz

If you say so, ms. "well, what this passage is saying to me is..." :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8

Yep, God's word is great that way.
You really should try letting the Holy Spirit speak to you through the written word. :chew:

I'm not surprised, though, that there is no passage that says anything to you, Danoh.
You get all your learning from books other men have written.

Danoh

Yep, God's word is great that way.
You really should try letting the Holy Spirit speak to you through the written word. :chew:

I'm not surprised, though, that there is no passage that says anything to you, Danoh.
You get all your learning from books other men have written.

Nope - I am forever going on about the need to let the Scripture teach one its study principles, and rules of grammar, and you well know I am forever emphasizing that.

But you're a Trump supporter.

Meaning you just twist the words of another to whatever allows for your version of his same exact pettiness towards anyone who calls him out on one thing, another.

Its why you result to petty labels like "loser" and all those other secular resortings to, you so obviously need to rely on despite your claims of victory in Christ.

I'm afraid you'll just have make do with the support of your pals on here, in their exact same duplicity.

glorydaz

Nope - I am forever going on about the need to let the Scripture teach one its study principles, and rules of grammar, and you well know I am forever emphasizing that.

But you're a Trump supporter.

Meaning you just twist the words of another to whatever allows for your version of his same exact pettiness towards anyone who calls him out on one thing, another.

Its why you result to petty labels like "loser" and all those other secular resortings to, you so obviously need to rely on despite your claims of victory in Christ.

I'm afraid you'll just have make do with the support of your pals on here, in their exact same duplicity.

Ah, so when you're proven to be ignorant, you just throw out the Trump Supporter charge. Clever....not.