ECT Where is the Kingdom of God?

Interplanner

No, it is one message. Acts 13's sample. Or Acts 2: God made him Lord and Christ and he forgives through Christ.

Don't you have something better to do? The distinction is not worth pursuing and is not worth anything. Get the Gospel out there and see if it matters.

Or look at Acts 18-19. Proving he was the Christ and persuading about the kingdom were one piece and drew the familiar obstinate reaction from Judaism.

Jerry Shugart

This here is the agenda he is trying to lure you into, Interplanner.

Jerry not only believes "that believing that Jesus is Christ, the Son of God, results in salvation" but us determined to ram it down everyone's throat.

Whether said belief is itself right or wrong, is not the issue for him.

I am not determined to ram it down other's throat. Instead, I use this to defend my idea that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

What do you think is the "good news" of what is in "bold" here?:

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" (Gal:2:7).​

Do you believe that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period? If your answer is "yes" then tell me what was being preached when Peter preached the "gospel of the circumcision"?

Show us that you can do something other than sling mud!

Ever followed around in his own delusion [of grandeur, of course] by this "demon" he sees every where, that he believes he alone must root out, and stamp out to the glory of Jerry Shugart the ever bullying, arrogant, blow hart.

We know that you are good at name calling but I never see any evidence that you are nothing more than a natural man:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

glorydaz

Show us that you can do something other than sling mud!

We know that you are good at name calling but I never see any evidence that you are nothing more than a natural man:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

:mock: Jerry tries to only sling holy mud.

God's Truth

None of that says anything about the fact that believers are " justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).
Are you kidding? Jesus forgave people by merely saying,"Your sins are forgiven."
Common sense dictates that the "good news" that believers are " justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" is not the same "good news" that "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God."
It is the same good news.

Jesus IS the good news.

Those proclamations represent two different gospels. And they were both preached during the Acts period. Belief in either of these gospels brought salvation.

There are not two different ways. There is only One Way, Jesus Christ.

Interplanner

Where at Acts 2 did anyone speak of thre purpose of the lord Jesus' death upon the Cross?

Jerry,
this is unbelieveably inobservent. The whole sermon comes to the killing of Christ and forces the listeners to their question! The answer is that they should repent because God forgives, or as Rom 2:1 goes 'the kindness of God leads to repentance.' And God has raised him in victory.

All you do is pervert what the Bible says!

Interplanner

Where at Acts 2 did anyone speak of thre purpose of the lord Jesus' death upon the Cross?

All you do is pervert what the Bible says!

re this quote. Since I'm having to deal with the actual thing in a close relationship, I really resent your calling a hermeneutic difference a perversion.

Do you want my belief on perversion? Here goes:
God wants sex only between 1 male and 1 female human adult in a public known commitment, and for them to be at least 2 generations removed from immediate family.

Find another word for theological differences, OK? I'm no where close to violating the above.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, get some help for that Acts 2 disguised as Acts 13 neurosis of yours already.

You prove once again that all you can do is to sling mud and when it comes time to defending your ideas all you can do is run and hide. Why do you refuse to answer what is the "good news" in regard to what is in "bold" here:

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" (Gal:2:7).​

Now it is time for you to run and hide again.

Jerry Shugart

Since I'm having to deal with the actual thing in a close relationship, I really resent your calling a hermeneutic difference a perversion.

You prove over and over that you pervert what the Bible says and it is not just a matter of a "hermeneutic difference." For instance, you pervet the truth as to what was preached at Acts 2 when you said:

No, it is one message. Acts 13's sample. Or Acts 2: God made him Lord and Christ and he forgives through Christ.

The gospel of grace cannot be preached apart from the facts concerning the "purpose" of the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross.

Acts 2 will be searched in vain for any mention of the "purpose" of the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross.

So when you assert that the same message was preached at Acts 2 you are perverting the Scriptures. The sad thing is the fact that when you are proven to be perverting the word of God you refuse to admit that you made a mistake.

Instead, you cling even harder to your perversions.

Danoh

You prove once again that all you can do is to sling mud and when it comes time to defending your ideas all you can do is run and hide. Why do you refuse to answer what is the "good news" in regard to what is in "bold" here:

Now it is time for you to run and hide again.

Thanks for making me laugh - at you, in your baiting trick, once more.

To quote the ever lovable Tambora "this is fun."

Yeah, I could allow myself to fall prey to your baiting and answer as two what you assert about one passage or another.

But to what end?

I mean; given the hypocrisy that is your actual agenda.

If I show agreement with you on that passage, or any other; you will glory in said agreement against others.

I want no part in this neurosis of yours.

While, if I lay out passages as to why I might disagree, this too will only serve your flesh's true agenda.

Sorry, Jerry. Your wife may well know there is no winning with you.

But unlike her, I do not have to cower in fear I may have somehow failed your absolute nonsense.

You are in severe bondage.

An enemy of grace of the worst kind is what you are.

I'll have to settle for "this is fun."

At your expense, by your own hand, of course; you neurotic fool.

Interplanner

Nonsense Jerry.
"what shall we do?"
"Repent and be baptized...in the name of Christ (who was just preached about v22--35).
Material covered:
the credentials of Christ
the betrayal of Christ
God's plan for Christ and predestined purpose
His death on the cross
the resurrection and victory over death
the OT on Christ's victory over death
that the resurrection of Christ was the enthronement on David's throne (v30, cp the Isaiah quote about David's promises in Acts 13's sermon; same point).
the fact of witnesses to the res
the ascension and exaltation of Christ
the gift of the Spirit for the mission of Christ
the enthronement of Christ per Ps 110

You're a fool to say it is not about the Christ event! The Gospel is for all who are near and for the far off!

And you want to call me a pervert! Good grief.

Interplanner

Oh...I forgot forgiveness of sins!!! How could this happen? The Christ event was so big, so much to say about it, I forgot the whole things was for the forgiveness of sins. My bad!!!

Interplanner

The most complete proof of your mistake is that he is saying the same thing about David's promises as was quoted later from Isaiah in Acts 13's sermon.

Dispensationalism is as bad as the veil of Judaism.

Jerry Shugart

Thanks for making me laugh - at you, in your baiting trick, once more.

To quote the ever lovable Tambora "this is fun."

You must enjoy being embarrassed. You talk big but when it comes to actually discussing what the Scriptures are saying all you do is run and hide.

You say that you follow Paul but it is evident to anyone reading this thread that you do not follow him when he said that he "kept back nothing that was profitable unto you" and "I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God" (Acts 20:20, 27).

If you really believe that the Hebrew epistles are not for the Body of Christ then why do you refuse to address what I said about 1 Corinthians 1:2 and 1 Corinthians 12:13?

All you do is to try to assassinate my character in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answers.

Danoh

Oh...I forgot forgiveness of sins!!! How could this happen? The Christ event was so big, so much to say about it, I forgot the whole things was for the forgiveness of sins. My bad!!!

Don't take debate for his baiting you. He is merely trying to prove it was not there in Acts 2, not because it was, or not, but because he needs to prove himself right over others.

By the way, put your books down; get in the Word, and you'll find that the word "pervert," as that fool meant it, is found throughout the Scripture [KJB].

Jerry Shugart

Material covered:
the credentials of Christ
the betrayal of Christ
God's plan for Christ and predestined purpose
His death on the cross
the resurrection and victory over death
the OT on Christ's victory over death
that the resurrection of Christ was the enthronement on David's throne (v30, cp the Isaiah quote about David's promises in Acts 13's sermon; same point).
the fact of witnesses to the res
the ascension and exaltation of Christ
the gift of the Spirit for the mission of Christ
the enthronement of Christ per Ps 110

You're a fool to say it is not about the Christ event! The Gospel is for all who are near and for the far off!

And you want to call me a pervert! Good grief.

Please quote Peter's words from Acts 2 where he preached the "purpose" of the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross.

Interplanner

You're impossible. To forgive sins, v38. If you didn't know, and you don't seem to, that is how there is victory over death. these things are not some quirk about Jesus. They have everything to do with everything else he did: his integriy, his validation by God, his opposition, the OT verses about him, why he was raised, why he did not succumb to death, why the Spirit was given.

What was the message of the Spirit that was given? To preach forgiveness in his name. Lk 24:47.

stop posting and read your damn Bible 10x. Sheesh.

Jerry Shugart

Don't take debate for his baiting you. He is merely trying to prove it was not there in Acts 2, not because it was, or not, but because he needs to prove himself right over others.

Since you think that you are an expert in regard to what was taught in the "gospel of the circumcision" then why do you refuse to tell us what was preached there?

All you do is prove over and over that you have strong beliefs about this but your ideas come from nothing found in the scriptures. Your ideas are built on nothing but thin air!

All you prove is the fact that you are as unsubstantial as are your silly ideas!