ECT Where is the Kingdom of God?

Jerry Shugart

stop posting and read your damn Bible 10x. Sheesh.

Of course you call the Bible "damned" because it declares that your ideas are in error.

Now, once again, please quote Peter's words from Acts 2 where he preached the "purpose" of the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross.

God's Truth

Please quote Peter's words from Acts 2 where he preached the "purpose" of the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross.

Peter preached Jesus died for our sins.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

...and that Jesus was raised from the dead.

Acts 5:31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

...and that we have to believe in Jesus.

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Peter

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24.

Peter preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 Peter 1:19
but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Paul AND PETER call it the Gospel of God.

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—

Danoh

Since you think that you are an expert in regard to what was taught in the "gospel of the circumcision" then why do you refuse to tell us what was preached there?

All you do is prove over and over that you have strong beliefs about this but your ideas come from nothing found in the scriptures. Your ideas are built on nothing but thin air!

All you prove is the fact that you are as unsubstantial as are your silly ideas!

Bait away, fool.

God's Truth

Of course you call the Bible "damned" because it declares that your ideas are in error.

Now, once again, please quote Peter's words from Acts 2 where he preached the "purpose" of the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross.

Don't you know what a sacrificial lamb is?

John the FORERUNNER of Jesus said Jesus is the LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY SINS.

John 1:9 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

God's Truth

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Jesus said he told them while he was still with them. He said he told them THAT IT WAS WRITTEN that the MESSIAH will suffer and rise from the dead and repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Interplanner

Peter says the purposes were
the victory over death
the transfer of Israel/David's promises to Christ, which the resurrection proves
the proof of forgiveness on a just basis because raising Christ means he was perfect and sinless

Jerry Shugart

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

The OT will be searched in vain for the truth that believers are " justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

Jesus said he told them while he was still with them. He said he told them THAT IT WAS WRITTEN that the MESSIAH will suffer and rise from the dead and repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Nothing is said there that ties his suffering to the fact that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus."

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

There is nothing there which ties His death and resurrection to the fact that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus."

In fact, even the prophets did not even understand the significance of the Lord's suffering:

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven" (1 Pet.1:10-1).​

Here Peter is saying that the prophets searched diligently in an effort to determine what the prophecies concerning Christ's suffering did signify but it was not revealed unto them. Even the Twelve Apostles, those closest to the Lord Jesus, did not realize that He was going to die (Lk.18:31-34) until shortly before the Cross. They certainly did not know the "purpose" of the Cross, that believers are ""justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus."

Roger M. Raymer writes:

"Concerning this salvation (cf. 'salvation' in vv. 5, 9) the prophets...searched intently and with the greatest care their own Spirit-guided writings. They longed to participate in this salvation and coming period of grace and tried to discover the appointed time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing. The pondered how the glorious Messiah could be involved in suffering" (Walvoord & Zuck, The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament [ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], p.842).​

SaulToPaul 2

Don't you know what a sacrificial lamb is?

John the FORERUNNER of Jesus said Jesus is the LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY SINS.

John 1:9 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

The scapegoat takes the sins away.
Not the sacrificial goat.

Jerry Shugart

Peter says the purposes were
the victory over death
the transfer of Israel/David's promises to Christ, which the resurrection proves
the proof of forgiveness on a just basis because raising Christ means he was perfect and sinless

Please quote Pater at Acts 2 where he tied the "purpose" of the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross to any blessing enjoyed by believers.

You do know what the word "quote" means, don't you?

Danoh

Much as I'd love to help you in this Acts 2 issue with those two, Jerry; either for, or against, I will refrain, as both your motive and your approach, are wrong.

Quoting books is not going to help you either.

Jerry Shugart

Much as I'd love to help you in this Acts 2 issue with those two, Jerry; either for, or against, I will refrain, as both your motive and your approach, are wrong.

Quoting books is not going to help you either.

I do not need your help and besides that you are clueless about this subject. You prove that you sare clueless because you are unable to tell us the "good news" of what is in "bold" here:

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" (Gal.2:7).​

Why do you not tell us what Peter said when he preached the "gospel of the uncircumcisiom"?

You really do not know!

Danoh

I do not need your help and besides that you are clueless about this subject. You prove that you sare clueless because you are unable to tell us the "good news" of what is in "bold" here:

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" (Gal.2:7).​

Why do you not tell us what Peter said when he preached the "gospel of the uncircumcisiom"?

You really do not know!

Much as I'd love to oblige you as to this passage or any other, either for, or against your "understanding," I will refrain, as both your motive and your approach, are wrong.

achduke

The scapegoat takes the sins away.
Not the sacrificial goat.

The Goat for the Lord is the one that is slaughtered for sin. The scapegoat is sent into the wilderness.

Leviticus 16:8 He is to cast lots for the two goats—one lot for the Lord and the other for the scapegoat.

Leviticus 16:10 But the goat chosen by lot as the scapegoat shall be presented alive before the Lord to be used for making atonement by sending it into the wilderness as a scapegoat.

Leviticus 16:15 “He shall then slaughter the goat for the sin offering for the people and take its blood behind the curtain and do with it as he did with the bull’s blood: He shall sprinkle it on the atonement cover and in front of it.

Jerry Shugart

I would. Unless someone does something with that bit of knowledge, where is the salvation??

Those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, receive life when they are born of God:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

SaulToPaul 2

The Goat for the Lord is the one that is slaughtered for sin. The scapegoat is sent into the wilderness.

Leviticus 16:8 He is to cast lots for the two goats—one lot for the Lord and the other for the scapegoat.

Leviticus 16:10 But the goat chosen by lot as the scapegoat shall be presented alive before the Lord to be used for making atonement by sending it into the wilderness as a scapegoat.

Leviticus 16:15 “He shall then slaughter the goat for the sin offering for the people and take its blood behind the curtain and do with it as he did with the bull’s blood: He shall sprinkle it on the atonement cover and in front of it.

The scapegoat takes away the sins.

Leviticus 16:21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

Leviticus 16:22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

Shall I say, "as far as the east is from the west".

Jerry Shugart

Much as I'd love to oblige you as to this passage or any other, either for, or against your "understanding," I will refrain, as both your motive and your approach, are wrong.

You question my motive even though anyone reading this thread can see that the only motive you have displayed is an attempt to assassinate my character. I will no longer respond to anything which you say.