ECT Where is the Kingdom of God?

HisServant

You can try make it sound as if you did not mean what you said, however, nowhere anywhere is Jesus called a goat.

Can you not read?... do you not understand the prophesies about Jesus?

He atoned for us!

He was the fulfillment of the Day of Atonement that was required by the Jews.. he bore our sins.

In order to atone for us, he has to fulfill the requirement of a scapegoat that bears our sins away (just as is indicated in the scriptures I quoted above).

Do you understand the significance of what a sacrificial Lamb identifies in the Old Covenant and what the requirements were for sacrificing one?

I'm starting to feel like I am trying to teach a concrete wall about the significance of everything Jesus was about and did prior to his atoning work on the cross.

SaulToPaul 2

He atoned for us!

He was the fulfillment of the Day of Atonement that was required by the Jews.. he bore our sins.

In order to atone for us, he has to fulfill the requirement of a scapegoat that bears our sins away (just as is indicated in the scriptures I quoted above).

Do you understand the significance of what a sacrificial Lamb identifies in the Old Covenant and what the requirements were for sacrificing one?

If "Jesus" was not the goats on the day of Atonement, I wonder who she thinks they are?

Unbelievable.

God's Truth

He atoned for us!

I'm starting to feel like I am trying to teach a concrete wall about the significance of everything Jesus was about and did prior to his atoning work on the cross.

Jesus is the Lamb of God who atoned for our sins.

You are going against me because I said he is the Lamb of God, and you said he was a goat.

achduke

The Bible says Jesus is the Lamb of God.

The Bible does not say Jesus is the goat of God.

We know that Christ was the passover for us.

1Co 5:7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.

Now I am not claiming that Christ is the scapegoat but the passover lamb can be a sheep or a goat both considered to be a lamb.

Exo 12:21 Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel and said to them, "Pick out and take lambs for yourselves according to your families, and kill the Passover lamb.

Exo 12:5 'Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the GOATS.

HisServant

Jesus is the Lamb of God who atoned for our sins.

You are going against me because I said he is the Lamb of God, and you said he was a goat.

You still don't get it do you...

Holy crap are you dense... its all right there before you.

Jesus fulfilled the role of the scapegoat while he hung on the cross.... then he fulfilled the role of the lamb when he was slain.

God's Truth

We know that Christ was the passover for us.

1Co 5:7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.

Now I am not claiming that Christ is the scapegoat but the passover lamb can be a sheep or a goat both considered to be a lamb.

Exo 12:21 Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel and said to them, "Pick out and take lambs for yourselves according to your families, and kill the Passover lamb.

Exo 12:5 'Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the GOATS.

Jesus atoned for our sins and is called the Lamb of God.

Why do you have a problem with that?

God's Truth

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

You have people here who are doing all they can not to agree with the truth that I wrote.

Jesus is not called the Goat of God, yet SaultoPaul and HisServant want to insist that he is, and achduke is afraid of them so he acts as if he is teaching me something as he confirms what I have been saying.

achduke

Jesus atoned for our sins and is called the Lamb of God.

Why do you have a problem with that?

I have no problem with that but as the bible states a lamb can be a baby sheep or a baby goat. You need to get outside of your western thinking.

God's Truth

I have no problem with that but as the bible states a lamb can be a baby sheep or a baby goat. You need to get outside of your western thinking.

Jesus is not called a baby goat.

You have to insult me because that is all Satan has given you to exalt yourself. Do you feel higher now by trying to put me down with lying insults about my having western thinking?

HisServant

Goats and sheep have been known to interbreed also... I expect they were more genetically similar back then too and the interbreeding would have occurred more frequently than today.

achduke

Jesus is not called a baby goat.

You have to insult me because that is all Satan has given you to exalt yourself. Do you feel higher now by trying to put me down with lying insults about my having western thinking?

I never said he was called a baby goat. I said a lamb in the bible can be sheep or goat. It is in Exodus.

achduke

Goats and sheep have been known to interbreed also... I expect they were more genetically similar back then too and the interbreeding would have occurred more frequently than today.

It is not about insulting it is about correction and truth. You claim to not sin and have the truth of God but you disregard the teachings in the OT.