ECT Where is the Kingdom of God?

Danoh

Show me in the Bible where "Jesus" said do not turn the other cheek.

Luke 22:

36. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

In other words, time to slice and dice; not turn.

Lol - a little cheeky wit.

SaulToPaul 2

Luke 22:

36. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

In other words, time to slice and dice; not turn.

Lol - a little cheeky wit.

oh, Danoh the Great, don't you know:

"Jesus' words are for everyone. I obey everything he said."

So, I can turn the other the cheek, and purchase a sword at the same time...even though the instructions contradict.

Danoh

oh, Danoh the Great, don't you know:

"Jesus' words are for everyone. I obey everything he said."

So, I can turn the other the cheek, and purchase a sword at the same time...even though the instructions contradict.

No, no, no, no, no, no - the sword is for shaving - and shaving involves turning the other cheek.

Don't you know rightly dividing requires wielding "the Sword"?

The cheeky wit :)

Interplanner

SaultoP
you might be interested to hear that the turning of the other cheek is an aggressive response: instead of caving in, you dare the person to do it again because you are confident in what you believe.

SaulToPaul 2

SaultoP
you might be interested to hear that the turning of the other cheek is an aggressive response: instead of caving in, you dare the person to do it again because you are confident in what you believe.

Psalm 44:22 Yea, for thy sake are we killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter.

Sheep didn't fight back.

achduke

SaultoP

That does not sound right. In the same context Christ talks about giving someone your coat and walking with them an extra mile.

Danoh

SaultoP

I suspect you are once more taking your own reasoning through a thing as being the same as doing so through the Scripture.

Like my pointing this out to you again, or not, but your kind of reasoning through a thing is the exact kind of reasoning through a thing that an overreliance on books supposedly based on Scripture cannot but result in.

And books are very attractive to one who reasons in that way. Because they so closely match said reasoner's same, own, basic approach to reasoning through a thing.

Scripture's role in this ends up only the false perception that one has relied on Scripture.

You have yet to ask, but the reason I so harp on the importance of believing 2 Timothy 3:16-17's assertion actually is true - on the importance of believing through one's actual practice of going to Scripture for one's answers is that it makes a huge difference in how we end up reasoning through a thing.

That huge difference between viewing a crime scene through the eyes of one who has read all sorts of crime fiction and the eyes of one who has not only actually trained in crime detection, but who later has years in its actual practice and through its science.

Say what you will, nevertheless, detection of the things of God through His Word alone will often greatly differ from attempting to through "the wisdom of men."

Matthew 4:

3. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

2 Timothy 3:

12. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Obviously, the writings Timothy had been weaned on as a child had been based on a passage like Deut. 6: 4-9 and that, in light of what the Lord reiterated in Matthew 4:4.

That is how Scripture is reasoned... through Scripture Itself... "spiritual things with spiritual" as far as where he who they were meant for to begin with - "he that is spiritual," ought to be concerned with, as to this issue, 1 Cor. 2:13-15.

God's Truth

God'sT:
That's called prodding or stirring or arousing. Paul did (and says he was doing it) in Rom 11, too.
Don't be so ignorant. Paul did not change or add anything to God's Word! What you accuse of him is blasphemy.

Jesus is the one who taught that he came only for the lost sheep of Israel AND that when he is crucified then ALL could come to him to be saved. Jesus is the one who forgave the lost sheep of Israel when he walked the earth BUT YET, WHEN he was crucified he died for the SINS OF THE WORLD.

John the baptizer said Jesus was the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world---not just the lost sheep. The lost sheep were first, however. The woman at the well and the rest of the Samaritans in her town told Jesus they knew he was the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, but Jesus did not yet come for them, he came first for the lost sheep of Israel!

Danoh

Don't be so ignorant. Paul did not change or add anything to God's Word! What you accuse of him is blasphemy.

Jesus is the one who taught that he came only for the lost sheep of Israel AND that when he is crucified then ALL could come to him to be saved. Jesus is the one who forgave the lost sheep of Israel when he walked the earth BUT YET, WHEN he was crucified he died for the SINS OF THE WORLD.

John the baptizer said Jesus was the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world---not just the lost sheep. The lost sheep were first, however. The woman at the well and the rest of the Samaritans in her town told Jesus they knew he was the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, but Jesus did not yet come for them, he came first for the lost sheep of Israel!

You are off on that in an important way, but you never seem to want to know how.

God's Truth

God'sT:
That's called prodding or stirring or arousing. Paul did (and says he was doing it) in Rom 11, too.

Don't forget that in the first exchanges after the Sermon on Mount in Matt, Jesus helped a foreigner and said "I've not seen such faith in Israel." That means he was not exclusively doing Israel, and it is also prodding or urging Israel.

Why? Because they had built in background to take the mission to the nations, and he, and Paul, were trying to tap into it.

You are something else if you think Jesus just built something in the background...instead of a deliberate plan from before the earth was created, to save everyone who wants to be saved, and that Paul was trying to "tap into" something. Why don't you humble yourself?

It is interesting to note that Peter stumbled on this, having to have the dramatic reminders of the sheet vision, the tongues and then Paul's take-down to realize the mission really was to the nations.
Peter "stumbled" on this? Are you kidding? You act if it is by accident that Gentiles are included.

God's Truth

You are obviously unaware that those words are speaking to believers.

What does it matter if they are believers, or if they are seekers and inquirers?

How can you possibly believe that all of the sins of the world were paid for at the Cross with these words of the lord Jesus in view:

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:24).​
Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. That is what the scripture says. You will have to make up your mind if you want to believe what is plainly written. We have to access that grace by living faith, which is faith with obedience, but it is there, and Jesus already died once and for all.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.
It is only those who "believe" who have their sins remitted or taken away:

Where do you ever get that I said unbelievers, and the non repentant have their sins taken away?

According to your dumb idea all have had their sins remitted whether they believe or not!

It is your dumb idea, for you are the one who thought of it when it had never come to my mind.

God's Truth

This cannot possibly be speaking of the Lord Jesus' death because that death did not take away the sins of the world. Here is what the Lord said:

You are in complete defiance of the truth.

Believe what is written.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 4:42
They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

God's Truth

You are off on that in an important way, but you never seem to want to know how.

You are the one who is off in an important way, and you are the one who never seems to want to know how.

Funny how that works; in your false judgments about me...you describe yourself EXACTLY.

Danoh

You are in complete defiance of the truth.

Believe what is written.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 4:42
They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

1] What was John the Baptist's understanding of Who the Christ was and also, his understanding of; 2] what that sin of the world was, and also; 3] of how the Christ would accomplish that taking away of the sin of the world?

Do you think you could search out the answer to that in Scripture, or will you now just post your ideas in answer to that question?

See through you in two minutes, or see you in a few hours...

:bang:

God's Truth

1] What was John the Baptist's understanding of Who the Christ was and also, his understanding of; 2] what that sin of the world was, and also; 3] of how the Christ would accomplish that taking away of the sin of the world?

Do you think you could search out the answer to that in Scripture, or will you now just post your ideas in answer to that question?

See through you in two minutes, or see you in a few hours...

John's understanding was exactly as he said.

The Lamb is sacrificed for the sins of the people.

You will just have to submit and believe what is written.

Danoh

John's understanding was exactly as he said.

The Lamb is sacrificed for the sins of the people.

You will just have to submit and believe what is written.

I was wrong - it took you four minutes instead of two - to post, that others might see through your erroneous approach once more.

You often misunderstand the simplest of another's words on these forums, and yet you persist in this delusion of yours that you do not have this same problem when it comes to understanding words written some two thousand years ago; don't you?

You are as arrogant as Jerry is. Exactly so. He too has yet to step up to the plate and allow others to challenge him to think through how he approaches studying things out.

And he has met the best of them! All of them have failed to get through to him, given his self-delusion.

What hope is there for someone as slow as you are?

Not much. Not when an obvious learning disability is allowed to be dominated by pride out of the profound insecurity said pride seeks to hide.

You have the patience; that is obvious.

What you lack is the humility your obvious learning disability so desperately needs you to humble yourself to that your learning disability be given the fair opportunity it requires if it is ever to get in synch with the norm.

But you, as with Jerry, are, each in your respective minds, never wrong.

Endless child twins - ever oblivious to the fact that their shoes are on the wrong foot!

Thus, ever in their mouth!

:bang:

God's Truth

I was wrong - it took you four minutes instead of two - to post, that others might see through your erroneous approach once more.
You are so prideful. Who cares how long it might have taken me to come back and reply? Your man made rules are not from God.

You often misunderstand the simplest of another's words on these forums, and yet you persist in this delusion of yours that you do not have this same problem when it comes to understanding words written some two thousand years ago; don't you?
All you have are insults to build you up. You do not have truth, so what else have you left? Insults, that is all you have to build yourself up. How can I say this? Just look at what you write, you expose yourself.

You are as arrogant as Jerry is. Exactly so. He too has yet to step up to the plate and allow others to challenge him to think through how he approaches studying things out.

And he has met the best of them! All of them have failed to get through to him, given his self-delusion.

What hope is there for someone as slow as you are?

You think you hurt me by saying that how? God revealed His Truth to mere children. Moses, and others acknowledged their lack of education, but their being chosen by God is what matters. I could not care any less about your prideful arrogant rants.

Not much. Not when an obvious learning disability is allowed to be dominated by pride out of the profound insecurity said pride seeks to hide.
You are evilness at its most prominence.

You have the patience; that is obvious.
Flattery from evil men are disgusting to God.