ECT What's MAD?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yo, incompetent one - the phrase "the Grace Movement" originated in non-Mad pastors and writers commenting about "those Grace People."

It was not a label Mads came up with; you imbecile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so happy we got a break from that Crucible character. What a pain in the neck and a disrupter he is. The name you chose for him is appropriate.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If MADism has a central practice, it's simply sabotaging historical, orthodox Christian theology for convenient, irrational dogma.
Our "central practice" is to keep the main thing, the main thing: to preach the cross as the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which flies in the face of "historical, orthodox Christian theology"/"fundamental Christianity" (churchianity) represented by these (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV) all over the world.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Our "central practice" is to keep the main thing, the main thing: to preach the cross as the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which flies in the face of "historical, orthodox Christian theology"/"fundamental Christianity" (churchianity) represented by these (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV) all over the world (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV).

Amen.

Right Divider

Body part
Because of the seriousness of what was at stake. That part was not true for every believer then. But aren't you saved by the sacrifice of Christ. that's there. Won't you get a place in the NHNE? Do you appreciate the cloud of witnesses that encourages us? That's there. Are you thankful for a victory over death? That's there.

Are you a Christian?
Please elaborate on that piece of confusion.

I am ALREADY seated in heavenly places in Christ.

You, like so many, have a fixation on being part of Israels program when you should get on board with what God is doing NOW.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Patternology has it's place, as Holford showed, but neither 2P2P nor preterism is invincible in regards to subsequent falsification if one is prematurely combobulated into an erroneous vein of thought, leading us away from Gen 24:64 and into darkenessosity. Agreed?

I don't know why anyone would disagree with that.

May I also say that you have a wonderful way with words in communicating to the average person with such lucidity and passion.

SaulToPaul 2

I don't know why anyone would disagree with that.

May I also say that you have a wonderful way with words in communicating to the average person with such lucidity and passion.

Communication is a lost art, going back to Babel, as Holford explains, the subjunctive thoughts that we try to relate in our speech is in contrast to counterimposing thoughts against the template of the mind and then bringing them gently out through words. Eph and Jude1A are critical in the NHNE/gospel enterprise as we are not to be duplicitous in thought or deed, but rather pensive and expressive as we seek to hold forth the breadth and depth of these truths. Agreed?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Communication is a lost art, going back to Babel, as Holford explains, the subjunctive thoughts that we try to relate in our speech is in contrast to counterimposing thoughts against the template of the mind and then bringing them gently out through words. Eph and Jude1A are critical in the NHNE/gospel enterprise as we are not to be duplicitous in thought or deed, but rather pensive and expressive as we seek to hold forth the breadth and depth of these truths. Agreed?

Yes, I agree, but I would add that whilst holding forth the breadth and depth, one must consider that these truths are also rapidly extruded into the length and height by the mind's rexofor.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Harold Camping was a Calvinist 100% Calvinist (Reformed theology)

Camping was a Calvinist though.

Yeah, I know all about "Brother Camping" as he was called. He came from a "Dutch Reformed" background. A very strong-minded Calvinist indeed.

Maybe if you say it enough times, it will become true- the fact of the matter is that he had a far distant background which hardly held up when he started to be a mingling heretic with all sorts of heretical churches.

Calvinism is not an eschatological theology- the childish 'rapture' theory comes right out of Darbyism.

Interplanner

Did no one understand the OT until the NT came along to tell us how to read it?

The "veil" is what has to be defined. I don't think Paul thought it was inherent in the OT, but after the exile, Judaism began to read things a certain way. Veiled. I don't think Gal 3:17 is about the Law itself, but what Judaism did with it after the exile. It produced Pharisee Judaism, which I think you will agree is a problem. You just may not be as familiar with its eschatology as you should be. The veil is removed "in Christ."

Interplanner

Patternology has it's place, as Holford showed, but neither 2P2P nor preterism is invincible in regards to subsequent falsification if one is prematurely combobulated into an erroneous vein of thought, leading us away from Gen 24:64 and into darkenessosity. Agreed?

Entertaining, but do you have an actual question?

Interplanner

You, like so many, have a fixation on being part of Israels program when you should get on board with what God is doing NOW.

There is nothing confusing about the total risk of the country in the mid-first century. Caiaphas knew what Dan 9 said and thought he could circumvent it by sacrificing Christ to pacify Rome, Jn 12. But he did not know all the issues and did not know the terms God had for preserving the land at that time. Not that I would expect him to!

It's very simple: either Israel works in the mission of the Gospel, or it is overrun by zealots in their agitation of Rome, which in turn decimates the country--which is what happened.

Please get more informed about 1st century Judean history before 'glomming' theology on it.

Interplanner

NOW? God is not doing anything with modern Israel. It is partly a renaissance of old covenant Judaism and partly a modern national independence movement. It is not a pouring out of the Spirit so that all flesh may see the glory of God in the face of Christ as was Pentecost and the early church.

I'm all for the nation to have independence and freedom (ie freedom from shari'a) but it has nothing to do with prophecy--not as the apostles did it, Acts 26:23, I Pet 1.

musterion

NOW? God is not doing anything with modern Israel. It is partly a renaissance of old covenant Judaism and partly a modern national independence movement. It is not a pouring out of the Spirit so that all flesh may see the glory of God in the face of Christ as was Pentecost and the early church.

I'm all for the nation to have independence and freedom (ie freedom from shari'a) but it has nothing to do with prophecy--not as the apostles did it, Acts 26:23, I Pet 1.

Would it shock you to know that most MADs, if not all, agree with pretty much every word you just said? Tet refuses to believe that so I have to wonder if you will.

Interplanner

Would it shock you to know that most MADs, if not all, agree with pretty much every word you just said? Tet refuses to believe that so I have to wonder if you will.

That's great, but I keep hearing that there has to be a restored theocracy in the land with the worship system etc.