What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

• Tell him that you do not approve but that you will accept him regardless.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Tell him that you love him but you must cut him off and have nothing to do with him unless he repent

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • Tell him you respect his choice and accept it.

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters

elected4ever

Oh, by the way, don't call a homo gay. They are the most miserable people on earth. Thay may fake ther wellbeing and and act like they are happy but that is just a fassad to make them look normal to society. They put on a game face so to speek.

ibowatjesusfeet

Cosmic Redneck
Morality has nothing to do with the gospel.
Sozo and I have been through this before.

Oddly enough, we had a speaker at my church this past Sunday who used to be gay, but is now married (to a woman who also used to be gay) and has kids.

He said that people who become gay usually were either sexually abused as children or were lacking a father figure (this doesn't mean that anyone who has either of those problems as kids will be gay, it's just what is often seen in gays). It is often a combination of the two. He became gay because men were "mysterious" to him (he identified more with women). He became gay because he needed someone to fill a void in his life and he thought that a physical relationship with a man would do that.

Six years after he "officially" came out, a Christian couple (man and wife, of course) started going into the Kinko's where he worked. They knew he was gay (he said it was obvious) and he knew they were Christians by the papers they would have him copy. Through their love (not being judgemental) they told him what Jesus could do for him. He realized that Jesus was the one who could feel that void. He turned his life over to God and changed his lifestyle. It was completely his choice, he didn't like the way he was living and wanted to change. He had also been a very big gay rights activist, so the change was all the more incredible.

He has spent the last 16 years of his life preaching the word of God to those who have similar problems that he had. He now works with Dr. James Dobson. I found this to be a great testament to what Jesus can do.

Flipper

ibowatjesusfeet wrote:

He has spent the last 16 years of his life preaching the word of God to those who have similar problems that he had. He now works with Dr. James Dobson. I found this to be a great testament to what Jesus can do.

That wouldn't be John Paulk, would it?

Flipper

Not, perhaps, the greatest example.

http://www.advocate.com/html/stories/825/825_paulk.asp

He only bailed from that bar when he realized he'd been recognized. On subsequent shows of FoTF, he was clearly terrified and blubbering with repentance. I suspect it's because he knew he was going to lose his job, otherwise. And I wonder what the job market is like for people who make their living being an "ex-gay"?

Dobbo has a low tolerance level for employees who actually slip into sin; which is why his current co-host has been with him for just over a year.

Mustard Seed

In reference to Sozo's remarks

Originally posted by AsLan

You lost me here. Do expound.

I've already tried to figgure out his reasoning. He says he dosen't sin yet he's appologized and asked others to forgive him. I always thought an admision of guilt was an indicator of sin either that or a lie which of course would also be a sin.

As far as what I hope I would do if the day ever came that I had a child and the child approached me about this I woul pray I'd be able to express my heart felt love in such a way as to let him/her feel that I loved him/her as much as I ever had and still be able to explain that in God's eyes it is a sin but that like with all sins there is a way out and a way to repent. I would plead with my child to fight temptation but at the same time I would not cut him/her off. I would offer my support of any attempt to fight those tendancys and help him/her sort it all out. I would make it clear that while I could never accept a decision to follow those tendancies as being good or correct I could equally not allow it to come between the love I have for them. I pray such day never comes for it would be one of the saddest days of my life.

AsLan

It's clear the non-sinning Sozo isn't writing these posts and isn't simply trying to pull our collective leg since the non-sinning Sozo doesn't exist.

However, if it is the non-christian Sozo writing these posts, because he still sins and therefore can't be a 'christian', then we can keep him in our thoughts.

If only 'Sozo' would reveal himself.

elected4ever

AsLan----------It's clear the non-sinning Sozo isn't writing these posts and isn't simply trying to pull our collective leg since the non-sinning Sozo doesn't exist.

However, if it is the non-christian Sozo writing these posts, because he still sins and therefore can't be a 'christian', then we can keep him in our thoughts.

If only 'Sozo' would reveal himself.

e4e-----------I am quite confident you do not know what you are saying. If you did that stupid stuff would not come out of your mouth.

Mustard Seed----------- I've already tried to figgure out his reasoning. He says he dosen't sin yet he's appologized and asked others to forgive him. I always thought an admision of guilt was an indicator of sin either that or a lie which of course would also be a sin.

e4e------------------Musteredseed, Don't you have any idea at all what sin is? What a lame brain statement.

Freak

I would tell my child I loved him and that God loves him and nothing will change that love.

Explain to him the dangers of homosexuality (spiritual, emotional, and physical) and the need to repent of this evil.

I would then break off any fellowship--not communication--but fellowship until the child repents. I'm assuming you're speaking of someone over 18.

AsLan

Originally posted by Freak

I would tell my child I loved him and that God loves him and nothing will change that love.

Explain to him the dangers of homosexuality (spiritual, emotional, and physical) and the need to repent of this evil.

I would then break off any fellowship--not communication--but fellowship until the child repents. I'm assuming you're speaking of someone over 18.

I don't disagree with you, but can you define 'fellowship' please?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Wow, Freak, there's hope for you yet. (kidding:D ) :thumb:

Hank

No one who defines themselves as "gay" has accepted Jesus.
They might continue to commit homosexual acts, but they won't like it, and wish they could stop.

No one who defines themselves as "obese" has accepted Jesus.
They might continue to commit the overeating, but they won't like it, and wish they could stop.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hank

No one who defines themselves as "obese" has accepted Jesus.
They might continue to commit the overeating, but they won't like it, and wish they could stop.

You are honestly going to compare eating to homosexuality? Eating is a necessity. Breaking bread together in the bible is described as a special time. While eating to an excess may be considered sin, homosexuality is a sin to whatever extent it is taken. It is also destructive to the one committing the sin as well as other innocent people having nothing to do with it. This is not the case in overeating. And you find nowhere in the bible where overeating is described with such powerful hate words by God as abominable.

AsLan

Originally posted by Polycarpadvo

You are honestly going to compare eating to homosexuality? Eating is a necessity. Breaking bread together in the bible is described as a special time. While eating to an excess may be considered sin, homosexuality is a sin to whatever extent it is taken. It is also destructive to the one committing the sin as well as other innocent people having nothing to do with it. This is not the case in overeating. And you find nowhere in the bible where overeating is described with such powerful hate words by God as abominable.

Do we have a chubby bunny here?

In an age where so many people are starving with malnutrition, and Amercia fattens itself on Fast Food, Doritos and overconsumption, feeding the gluttonous pit that they love to attempt to fill, I would say that the obese are affecting other people a lot more than two men kissing or having anal sex.

There are people in here that have never spoken more than 2 words to gays, and man, it shows.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Do we have a chubby bunny here?

I know you are but what am I?

In an age where so many people are starving with malnutrition, and Amercia fattens itself on Fast Food, Doritos and overconsumption, feeding the gluttonous pit that they love to attempt to fill, I would say that the obese are affecting other people a lot more than two men kissing or having anal sex.
I think now is a good time to start that "fruitcake" thread kind of like the fruitcake video when people are just off the charts with stupidity.

There are people in here that have never spoken more than 2 words to gays, and man, it shows.

Hey people can help it if they're sickened by them. I for one don't mind speaking to them at all. It takes way more than a few words to tell somebody how utterly repulsed I am of them.

Freak

I don't disagree with you, but can you define 'fellowship' please?

Spending quality time....

Homosexuals need to be loved and shown that Jesus loves them. We need to moderate this by explaining to the homosexual that God abhors homosexuality and the homosexual needs to repent.

AsLan

Originally posted by Polycarpadvo Hey people can help it if they're sickened by them. I for one don't mind speaking to them at all. It takes way more than a few words to tell somebody how utterly repulsed I am of them.

When you say 'them', you bigot, are you talking about 'christian' or secular gays, are they sexually active, are they just possibly attracted to the other sex, or are you just comfortable with your nice and tidy box of hatred, and really couldn't care less?

AsLan

Spending quality time....

Homosexuals need to be loved and shown that Jesus loves them. We need to moderate this by explaining to the homosexual that God abhors homosexuality and the homosexual needs to repent.

Ok, so could you describe a relationship with communication but void of fellowship?