What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

• Tell him that you do not approve but that you will accept him regardless.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Tell him that you love him but you must cut him off and have nothing to do with him unless he repent

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • Tell him you respect his choice and accept it.

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters

AsLan

Why do 'christians' put so much effort and time into this topic, when it's obvious that Christ did not?

mberthot

ok...now.. I see what you are saying SOZo. Maybe you are right by gays not accepting that being homosexual is a sin. And your right they need too! I agree with you! WOW!
But, even if they don't know...there has to be a way to help them though their sin...and to be a Christian.
Anything is possible!

AsLan

Originally posted by Sozo

Because homosexuals put in a lot of effort trying to justify it.

'Christian' ones? Ones you know? You're friends with? Or imaginary 'them' in your mind and your nightmares?

AsLan

Originally posted by Sozo

There are no Christian homosexuals, that is a figment of your imagination.

But, to deny that homosexuals are vocal about the validity of their lifestyle, you would have to be asleep.

Are there 'christians' that sin then?

Are you trying to push 'christian' morals on unsaved people?

sigh.

A figment of my imagination is where I think there may be a chance that you comprehend Jesus' message and how He treated people who needed Him while He was here on earth.

mberthot

Granted homosexuality is wrong...but...WILL THEY GO TO HELL...even if they have accepted Christ as their Savior. Answer that question directly...YES OR NO!!!!!!

AsLan

Originally posted by mberthot
Granted homosexuality is wrong...but...WILL THEY GO TO HELL...even if they have accepted Christ as their Savior. Answer that question directly...YES OR NO!!!!!!

Mortals don't make that decision.

mberthot

EXACTLY!!!! And that is why SOZO will not answer that question! Because he knows that God is love. And God has all the answers. And that the Bible does not have all the answers in the universe because we are not supposed to know everything. Instead of BASHING gays why don't you go out and try helping them! Preach the gospel and show them the love that Christ showed the whores and cheaters!
AMEN!

mberthot

And Christians are human right!!!! Therfore we sin!!!! We are sinful by nature from when we are born until we die. Man where did you come from?

osucowboytc

If you will read carefully you will notice that homosexuality is detestable to God, not the people committing the sin. Many believers continue in lives of sin, whether homosexuality or another form of sin. Does that mean that anyone who still gives into their flesh is going to Hell. In that case, Paul is in Hell because according to him, he is the worst of all sinners. He even said that he does what he doesn't want to and doesn't do what he wants to. The logic that no Christian can be homosexual just doesn't stand up. Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you will be free from a life of sin. It is all for His Glory and Renown.
Tyler

mberthot

Right we are not slaves to sin and sin does not have any power over us anymore. But we do Sin! Because we still have flesh we sin. But the power of sin does not have any hold over us!
AMEN!

mberthot

Walking in the light

5This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[2] sin.
8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

This passage says it all. I really think you should read this very carefully!

mberthot

So do you admit that you have sinned? Do you sin? And if you don't sin...are you perfect? And if you do sin...do you repent?

I understand your point...my mentor takes the same approach. But by saying we never ever sin????

Because Christ lives within us we are holy...right.
But because we have flesh we still sin.

I am a new creation with Christ Jesus...basically "Matthew in who Christ dwells" right.

i think I am starting to see where you come from.

mberthot

So Sozo...do you believe that as a Christian we are completly and always forgiven? That is what I believe.

elected4ever

Can a homo be saved? The answer is clearly------yes.

Really, why the two faces just because you might not like smething someone does. Every person on planet earth has weakness of some sort. Every one of us gives in to temtation to the flesh at some point in his life after salvation.

Sin is a condition in which we were all born. Sins are acts that are commetted out of that condition. The penelty for sin is death. That penelty was paid by Jesus Christ at Calvery. If we have accepted that sacrifice of the blood of Jesus Christ as an atonement for our sin debt it is sufficient for all our sin period.

Though we are justified by the blood of Jesus Christ our relationship with each other is another matter. We are to live honorably before all men as representatives of the King and the Kingdom.

What is you response to theft, anger, adultry and a whole host of other actions that are commonly refered to as sins? We surely do not give places of authority in the body of the Church to such individuals. We do have the right to hold the standard of Christ as a worthy goal. Church dicipline is a necessary function of the church and is often to little practiced. Most often we ignor the individual christian and give little or no support but condemn excessively.

The flesh has not been saved. It has been cleansed that we may do the service of the King. That is why the body dies the physical death. All sin has been condemned in the flesh and we shell never take it with us.

1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1 Corinthians 5:1 ¶It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Galatians 6:1 ¶Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.