What makes Bob Enyart “the man” of this site?

Racy Woodblock

BANNED
Banned
Do you think whoever banned him was wrong for doing so?

The bannings come really freely on this site. In my personal opinion, i think that does more to stifle debate than anything, so yes. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what sierrasam said, though.

People that go so far to suppress different opinions aren't always that confident in their own, from my experience.

GuySmiley

The bannings come really freely on this site. In my personal opinion, i think that does more to stifle debate than anything, so yes. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what sierrasam said, though.

People that go so far to suppress different opinions aren't always that confident in their own, from my experience.
:rotfl: Thats really funny considering the hundreds of non Christians who have been on TOL for years. But sierrasam and friends weren't here for discussion, they were here to cause trouble and mock and get banned. Now you want to make martyrs of them for getting what they wanted?

Racy Woodblock

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl: Thats really funny considering the hundreds of non Christians who have been on TOL for years. But sierrasam and friends weren't here for discussion, they were here to cause trouble and mock and get banned. Now you want to make martyrs of them for getting what they wanted?

I don't know about others, but it looked like sierrasam had been here for a while. I'll admit i'm very new here. I wasn't trying to make a martyr of anyone; i was just looking for clarification. Still, none of that has to do with the nature of bannings here.

bloviating

BANNED
Banned
I don't know about others, but it looked like sierrasam had been here for a while. I'll admit i'm very new here. I wasn't trying to make a martyr of anyone; i was just looking for clarification. Still, none of that has to do with the nature of bannings here.
Some of the bannings do seem to come quickly, this is there board but not all of the noobs were here to cause problems.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some of the bannings do seem to come quickly, this is there board but not all of the noobs were here to cause problems.
Sometimes things move fast a furious. We have been around a long time and have been attacked by groups much more ominous than "rogue mountain bikers", we are fully aware that there may be some collateral damage when dealing with these types of things. :)

C

cattyfan

Many of the bannings come because it's a banned person trying to re-register as a new person. And new people, just like in relationships and jobs, have a shorter leash for wrong-doing than people you've known for a while.

Glenda

He committed sins that should have been crimes. Adultery, for example, should be recriminalized.

So since Enyart has married multiple times and Jesus assured us that situation classes Enyart as an adulterer, then Enyart would be among the first of those who would suffer the death sentence under his own constitution.

I can see why Jesus promoted not condemning others so as to not face condemnation yourself and who is without sin should cast the first stone ... woe to hypocrites and harsh religious leaders indeed!

Mercy over judgment is the gift Jesus brought .. but it is reliant on us treating others as we wish to be treated. We receive what we give.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See? Glenda says something monumentally stupid, and doesn't get banned. The systems really does work!

Glenda

I'm seeing a lot of this going on here:

Luke 18:9-14
(9) And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
(11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
(12) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
(13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
(14) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.​

These verse highlight how the self-righteous are their own God! The self-righteous religious leader prayed with HIMSELF while the sinner prayed for mercy from the true merciful living God!
The self-righteous religion-pusher 'God' was NOT the true merciful God!

Those who trust in their own righteousness are in for a rude shock from the true God!

jeremysdemo

Enyart Who?

As I've said I've been here a year and have never heard a word.....

Then again I mainly stick to the religion and exclusively Christian area and discuss topics that are at the forefront of theology and curiosities of non-believers, the front line, so I doubt he would show his face around there.....

He's probably hanging around with the Pharisees and teachers of the traditions of men (where only the devout believer and pride filled theologian would hang) which would explain why in a year I have never seen a word he has said here....perhaps the "Open view" or ASOS threads....not my cup of tea lol

I am almost sure from his reputation tho he is a legend in his own mind and in the minds of others here.....
Needless to say I am less than impressed, since I recognize bothers by fruit not by worldly and fleshly standards.....

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

Glenda

Can you expand on this? Are you saying we are obligated to follow the OT law with regard to murderers and adulterers? So for example, in the run in Jesus had with the lady accused of adultery was Jesus correct in not condemning the woman? We the man around him and her also correct in not condemning her?

:cow:

Many 'Christians' disagree with Jesus and reject his teachings and merciful actions and instead promote a different teaching ... commonly the different teaching is that if you don't condemn someone then you are showing approval of their behaviour! Ha! Jesus said if you don't condemn, then you are showing God's mercy!
People can take their pick who to believe.
Seems a few of us believe Jesus :)

Glenda

I'm not very up on my religions (which is partly why i joined here) but there sure seems to be some pretty strong hate from some Christians on here. Why is that? So much of it seems to be directed towards gays, too. While, i am not gay, i don't understand all the hatred.

Those who truly embrace Jesus are known by their LOVE.
Trees are known by fruit.
Some trees have the wrong name ... seems some thorn bushes want label of fig tree but lack figs!
Ignore the label and simply check fruit.
Satan is a liar and desires death of people while Jesus came to mercifully save sinners.

Silk Queen

Many 'Christians' disagree with Jesus and reject his teachings and merciful actions and instead promote a different teaching ... commonly the different teaching is that if you don't condemn someone then you are showing approval of their behaviour! Ha! Jesus said if you don't condemn, then you are showing God's mercy!
People can take their pick who to believe.
Seems a few of us believe Jesus :)
I am so glad for God's mercy without his mercy where would we be?