What makes Bob Enyart “the man” of this site?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Doing the twist with Lighthouse:

Lighthouse's question

Answer given to Lighthouse's question:

Lighthouse now hypocritically tells others to 'pay attention to details' ... yet Lighthouse hypocritically does not follow his own advice by paying attention to details of his own original question or the requested answer!
I asked the question, because I knew the answer. And I knew it wasn't what you were suggesting it was. I asked for the answer so I could point that out.

Lighthouse changes the basis of the original question and does the twist :)
At what point did I change the basis of the question?

Yes Lighthouse, you definitely have a log or a forest in your eye. You cannot see simple clear answers to your questions and you cannot see how you lack the capacity to carry on a progressive conversation with another person in logical sequence, since you are busy back-tracking and changing the original basis of the conversation. You have now changed the question about mercy and retracted the original question and answer and superimposed it with a totally different question NOW regarding 'crime' ... which was not asked originally as proven by quoting your original question, so you kid yourself (and probably wish to kid others) that you asked a question for an answer you KNOW does not exist ... and assume to supply a twisted answer of your own to a question you never asked anyone except in your imagination ... or to a bathroom mirror.
The entire conversation has been about crime and criminals, ands whether or not we should show them mercy, you moron. Did you just skip everything prior to my quote, or what?

Whether or not I specifically asked where god commanded mercy for criminals, or just asked where He commanded mercy, the intention of the question was the same, because the conversation has been on that subject.

It is true that the twist can be done alone, so since you are having a fine time making disjointed illogical twists of your own choosing, you can continue entertaining yourself by posting public questions and answers to yourself instead of doing this to a bathroom mirror.
Put the straight jacket back on, you whack job.

If you would like to consider spending time reading the teachings of Jesus, instead of listening to your own twisting waffle, you will find that Jesus DID show mercy to thieves! Oh shock! Best you go read the gospels dear ... you may get some amazing surprises ... if you concentrate on what Jesus actually says and not what you want him to be saying! (there are a few instances of mercy to thieves and the gospels aren't that long and you may find some gems while seeking mercy towards thieves ... and also mercy to other criminals!) :jawdrop:
Really? Are you referring to the thief on the cross? Psst. That thief was still executed.

Now Lighthouse promotes changing the word 'sin' to 'crime' so that 'sinners' automatically become 'criminals' ... and then does the twist between sin and crime ... this needs to be set to really fast music coz it twists back and forth at a cracking pace! Chubby Checker eat your heart out!
Murder is a sin. It is a crime, also. And it should be. It is both. Not either/or, you idiot. No one is suggesting changing the word 'sin' to the word 'crime.' No one. You are seriously one of the stupidest people I have ever had to deal with.

Here is the cracker comment that takes the cake ... speed the music up and spin like mad .....

Twisting the night away ... no, twisting the LIGHT away is more accurate!

(men preferred darkness to light because their deeds were evil)

You can dance alone Lighthouse ... you are quite a contortionist!
Seriously, I'm stunned at how ignorant you are. Really.

Glenda

Wow, you remind me of that dance link in another thread where the chap just keeps going and going ... incredible ... more amazing twisting ... at least you admit your question being from your own mind (mentally 'intended' rather than written) since nobody could sensibly suppose that net posts involve 'mind-reading' of your 'intentions' ...
I asked the question, because I knew the answer. And I knew it wasn't what you were suggesting it was. I asked for the answer so I could point that out.

At what point did I change the basis of the question?

Whether or not I specifically asked where god commanded mercy for criminals, or just asked where He commanded mercy, the intention of the question was the same, because the conversation has been on that subject.

Now for this question
Are you referring to the thief on the cross?

The answer is 'no' ... so go study the gospels and give twisting a rest

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Wow, you remind me of that dance link in another thread where the chap just keeps going and going ... incredible ... more amazing twisting ... at least you admit your question being from your own mind (mentally 'intended' rather than written) since nobody could sensibly suppose that net posts involve 'mind-reading' of your 'intentions' ...

Now for this question

Hey now, give Lighthouse a break. I'm not sure he can read.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Now for this question

Anyone who has been following the conversation should be smart enough to know what the question was referring to. We've been talking about whether or not to show criminals mercy. This isn't about sin. And yet you keep trying to twist it into that. And it's getting you nowhere. And yet you keep trying. You keep doing the same thing, expecting different results. That's the definition of insanity.

Glenda

Anyone who has been following the conversation should be smart enough to know what the question was referring to. We've been talking about whether or not to show criminals mercy. This isn't about sin. And yet you keep trying to twist it into that. And it's getting you nowhere. And yet you keep trying. You keep doing the same thing, expecting different results. That's the definition of insanity.

So you wish to re-define sin as crime and now you wish to re-define insanity ... oh dear, your head needs a rest from twisting.
Now go find out about Jesus, mercy and thieves

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So you wish to re-define sin as crime and now you wish to re-define insanity ... oh dear, your head needs a rest from twisting.
Now go find out about Jesus, mercy and thieves
See. You're stupid. I am not the one who defined insanity that way. Nor am I redefining sin as crime. You're a moron.

And the fact that you won't post any verses about Jesus showing mercy to thieves is very telling.

jeremysdemo

Hey now, give Lighthouse a break. I'm not sure he can read.

Forgive him for he knows not what he do?

There's only so much one can write off as ignorance.....there comes a point when you have to realize a person intentionally does wrong, even after being told, again and again and again, in many different ways of simple language by many people on many occasions....

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

Math-E-Matics

I read like maybe the first three posts in this thread and that's it because it's obviously some sort of attack towards someone else and the situation doesn't involve me. I didn't even read whatever he made a link to. I'm just curious, who is Bob Enyart?

WalkinLight

And the fact that you won't post any verses about Jesus showing mercy to thieves is very telling.
The thief on the cross is with Jesus in heaven because of the mercy he received from Jesus.

You can't show where Jesus did not show mercy to thieves, but you can find His promises to show mercy to thieves, and He is not a liar -which you would make Him to be.

Zacchaeus' stole money by false accusation in his position as tax collector. Jesus showed Zacchaeus mercy.

Luke 19 Then Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. 2 Now behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. 3 And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was going to pass that way. 5 And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up [fn1] and saw him, and said to him, "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house." 6 So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. 7 But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, "He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner."
8 Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold."
9 And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; 10 for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I read like maybe the first three posts in this thread and that's it because it's obviously some sort of attack towards someone else and the situation doesn't involve me. I didn't even read whatever he made a link to. I'm just curious, who is Bob Enyart?
A radio show host. Go to http://www.kgov.com and have a listen.

jeremysdemo

Math-E-Matics said:
A radio show host.
Go to http://www.kgov.com and have a listen.

Who ain't these days! lol :rotfl:
Go to http://www.kgov.com and have a listen.

People should seriously look at the fruit of those whom suggest to go and listen to this guy....

Matthew 7:16-17

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

keep shinin'

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nor would millions.

Well that line of thinking works wonders with murder, now doesn't it.:rolleyes:

You guys are absolutely priceless.

It's worth noting that homicide rates are highest in southern (red, Christian) states with the death penalty, so this argument about deterrence through capital punishment's really so much nonsense. If people want to screw around, they will do so.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The thief on the cross is with Jesus in heaven because of the mercy he received from Jesus.

Why isn't the other thief in Heaven? He didn't repent like the who is in paradise did.

It's worth noting that homicide rates are highest in southern (red, Christian) states with the death penalty, so this argument about deterrence through capital punishment's really so much nonsense. If people want to screw around, they will do so.

Detroit is a southern state? Baltimore is a southern state? Of course not. A quick check on Granites statement gave up the real numbers. A quick analysis about populations show why there is contradicting information on the subject. Alabama had a rate of just 5.6 in 2004, and in 2006 jumped to 8.3. Yet I don't remember hearing on the news about a big crime spree in Alabama. Because as a rate, going from 2 to 4 homicides is a bigger rate increase than going from 10,000 to 12,000. Those aren't the real numbers, just simple math as an illustration.

Here is the quick list, in city form. And which states the death penalty is actually used, not just legal. Because that is important.

1.Detroit-no death penalty
2.Baltimore-no death penalty
3.New Orleans-death penalty-but a morally corrupt state
4.Newark-no death penalty
5.St Louis-no death penalty
6.Oakland-no death penalty
7.DC-the city without guns...amazing.
8.Philidelphia-no death penalty
9.Buffalo-death penalty, although New York is middle of the pack
10.Kansas City.-no death penatly, Missour or Kansas

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And I don't disagree that some people are just evil, and will murder. So get rid of them.

jeremysdemo

And I don't disagree that some people are just evil, and will murder. So get rid of them.

Where is the Mercy in that? Matthew 18:21-35

Where is the Saving of the Lost in that? Luke 15:1-7

Where is the "calling sinners to repentance" in that? Luke 5:32

How quickly we forget from whence we came.

And how quick many are to see their sin and transgression against the Lord as less offensive to HIM than another's.
It is true Y'shua said that some are children of the dark one, liars and murderers from the begining but killing them is not offering them the opportunity to repent and be changed into a New being.

He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword.

Matthew 5:38-39
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

keep shinin'

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are to forgive those that hurt us, if they repent. That is a seperate function of the government. The government is to bear the sword. You don't accept it, because you don't accept that Paul was called by Jesus, who is God in the flesh.

jeremysdemo

I follow Y'shua, I know that puts me at odds with religious men. :)

If His words cannot speak to you hear there is nothing more to say. :)

keep shinin'

jeremysdemo

And they listen not to Him either, killed him in fact, no skin of this ducks back.

Let he who hath ears here. :)

keep shinin'

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Because He repented. Guess what, he still died. In fact, he even admitted that he deserved to die. And he was right, because he was more than a thief.

Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”
But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
And Jesus said to him, [Jesus]“Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”[/Jesus]
-Luke 23:39-43

You can't show where Jesus did not show mercy to thieves, but you can find His promises to show mercy to thieves, and He is not a liar -which you would make Him to be.
Yous till haven't posted any verses.

Zacchaeus' stole money by false accusation in his position as tax collector. Jesus showed Zacchaeus mercy.
Would the government have punished him, or were they ordering him to steal? Did Jesus have the authority to punish Zacchaeus for his thievery?

Luke 19 Then Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. 2 Now behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. 3 And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was going to pass that way. 5 And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up [fn1] and saw him, and said to him, "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house." 6 So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. 7 But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, "He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner."
8 Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold."
9 And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; 10 for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."
What of it? Mercy for sin. Because Zacchaeus repented. But yet, no mention of mercy for the criminal behavior.