ECT WHAT JOHN 3:16 REALLY MEANS TO US TODAY !!

DAN P

A MAD may explain it to you better. The way Covenant and Dispensationalists are saved is the same as you say.
I 'think' you thought that Covenant are not Christians??? We are and not too far from you.

It gets hot on TOL, but for the most part, all Christians get together fine. There are cults that are not part of Christian Fellowships, but Covenant Theology is part of Evangelical and Fundamental Societies. I am part of the Southern Baptist Convention. We have all of these Christians represented (not that we don't have our fair share of strange).

Hi and I am not hot , but wondering what you believe as a COVENANT saves ??

I understand the NEW Covenant so where do you go after death , as a COVENANT BELIEVER ??

IT is simple for me 1 Thess 4:13-18 and 1 Cor 15:51 - 58 !!

I know what most dispensationalist believe , BUT i KNOW that you do not !!

If you DID have answer , you would answer , what is your problem ??

Be honest , now , or are you ASHAMED that COVENANT THEOLOGY has no answer ??

dan p

DAN P

A MAD may explain it to you better. The way Covenant and Dispensationalists are saved is the same as you say.
I 'think' you thought that Covenant are not Christians??? We are and not too far from you.

It gets hot on TOL, but for the most part, all Christians get together fine. There are cults that are not part of Christian Fellowships, but Covenant Theology is part of Evangelical and Fundamental Societies. I am part of the Southern Baptist Convention. We have all of these Christians represented (not that we don't have our fair share of strange).

Hi Lon , and when , under a COVENANT THEOLOGY does that person receive the HOLY SPIRIT ?

I believe that I have a verse , so tell your and then I will tell you mine !!

dan p

dodge

Hi and instead of giving an OBTUSE answer , where are these PROMISES OF THE COVENANT of God given and STOP DANCING AROUND !!

wHERE UNDER A Covenant do you go when you DIE ??

You Covenant people are the OBTUSE TYPE and not us , so when will you answer ??

dan p

There is absolutely ZERO point in answering any question you ask. All you will do is say it wasn't answered, and then ignore the answer you asked for with a question that has NOTHING to do with the answer you asked that was ALREADY answered.

Carry on being obtuse your loss not mine.

DAN P

There is absolutely ZERO point in answering any question you ask. All you will do is say it wasn't answered, and then ignore the answer you asked for with a question that has NOTHING to do with the answer you asked that was ALREADY answered.

Carry on being obtuse your loss not mine.

Hi and DOGE is just DODGING AGAIN , and not a good dancer and jmust are writing JABBER WOCKY again !!

dan p

Lon

Be honest , now , or are you ASHAMED that COVENANT THEOLOGY has no answer ??

dan p
If you need to have a tiny heaven where only you, MAD, and other Dispensationalists are in heaven, I'll leave you to it. You can go ahead and keep me out as you like.

DAN P

If you need to have a tiny heaven where only you, MAD, and other Dispensationalists are in heaven, I'll leave you to it. You can go ahead and keep me out as you like.

Hi and that is what you need and that means COVENANT Theology has no answer !!

I really did want to know how you arrived at that position as it is Anti -paul and Anti-dispensation , where many are and you Out number us , but so what !!

This means I still , do not know the TERMS of salvation under Covenant theology OR KNOW where you expect go when you all DIE and the verses that are used to explain your position !!

You all seem to blend as the Pentecostals do and the produces a FAULTY theology , is what I see and are not open as I am , but that's me and chime in any time you want , on any of my OP as I learn more when any one disagrees with me !!

dan p

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I really did want to know how you arrived at that position as it is Anti -paul and Anti-dispensation , where many are and you Out number us , but so what !!

This means I still , do not know the TERMS of salvation under Covenant theology OR KNOW where yoy expect go when you all DIE and the verses that are used to explain your position !!

You all seem to blend as the Pentecostals do and the produces a FAULTY theology , is what I see and are not open as I am , but that's me and chime in any time you want , on any of my OP as I learn more when any one disagrees with me !!

dan p

What is your definition of "covenant?"

Covenant Theology defines the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who has been promised from God from before creation. It is the study of the entire revelation of God that establishes this Gospel Truth.

Maybe you are thinking "covenant" means something less?

Lon

I realize that. I gave you an answer, but you said it was 'your' answer. Either you deny me that answer or you accept it is mine too. Pretty simple Dan. You get to choose. It either is, or is not an acceptable answer to you.
This means I still , do not know the TERMS of salvation under Covenant theology OR KNOW where yoy expect go when you all DIE and the verses that are used to explain your position !!
Forget 'Covenant' or 'Dispensational.' Just ask people what the gospel is and what/Who saves them. It will make it easier for you, in my humble opinion.

dan p
The main difference is how we look at the Old Testament and future plan for Israel. As far as gentiles, we are mostly on the same page: All people at this present time are saved by the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 3:23; 5:8; 6:23; 10:9,10,11

DAN P

What is your definition of "covenant?"

Covenant Theology defines the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who has been promised from God from before creation. It is the study of the entire revelation of God that establishes this Gospel Truth.

Maybe you are thinking "covenant" means something less?

Hi , and DIATHEKE ?/ COVENANT will explain my position on Covenant !!

DIATHEKE / COVEANT can also be translated by the following Enlgish words !!

#1 , COVENANT
#2 , ARRANGEMENT
#3, Will
#4 , AGREEMENT
#5 COMPACT
#6 TESTAMENT

Almost all Greek words are a TRANSLITERATION , like BAPTISM / BAPTIZO has some 12 different words that explain BAPTISM and GRACE / CHARIS , also has 12 words that explain it's meaning !!

The CONTEXT will decide , which word to use in translation !!

dan p

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hi , and DIATHEKE ?/ COVENANT will explain my position on Covenant !!

DIATHEKE / COVEANT can also be translated by the following Enlgish words !!

#1 , COVENANT
#2 , ARRANGEMENT
#3, Will
#4 , AGREEMENT
#5 COMPACT
#6 TESTAMENT

Almost all Greek words are a TRANSLITERATION , like BAPTISM / BAPTIZO has some 12 different words that explain BAPTISM and GRACE / CHARIS , also has 12 words that explain it's meaning !!

The CONTEXT will decide , which word to use in translation !!

dan p

Covenant Theology concentrates upon whom God has made "covenant" with down through history.

Jesus Christ: Before creation
Adam: Immediately after creation
Eve: Immediately after the fall
Abel: Seth, and their lineage through procreation
Noah: Prior to judgement
Job: Prior to personal testing
Abraham: Two different covenants to different offspring
Isaac, Jacob: Covenant fulfillments
Moses: Promise of deliverance from slavery
Joshua, judges, Joseph, tribes: Land promises fulfilled
David: Promises of everlasting kingdom
Prophets: Revelation of promised Savior
Apostles: Fulfillent of promises in Christ
Church: Fulfillment of Redemption and everlasting life in Christ

Very brief overview, but all smacking of Divine and Saving Grace!!!

Gospel grace, all founded upon the promises of God.

Covenant Theology is Christ centered,
through and through.

DAN P

I realize that. I gave you an answer, but you said it was 'your' answer. Either you deny me that answer or you accept it is mine too. Pretty simple Dan. You get to choose. It either is, or is not an acceptable answer to you.

Forget 'Covenant' or 'Dispensational.' Just ask people what the gospel is and what/Who saves them. It will make it easier for you, in my humble opinion.

The main difference is how we look at the Old Testament and future plan for Israel. As far as gentiles, we are mostly on the same page: All people at this present time are saved by the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 3:23; 5:8; 6:23; 10:9,10,11

Hi and in the MYSTERY , Paul always defended that Position and in Rom 16: The everlasting God , having been made known to ALL GENTILES FOR OBEDIENCE OF FAITH !!

This MYSTERY was revealed in 2 Tim 1:9 , BEFORE TIMES RELATED TO THE AGES !!

This means that DISPENSATIONALISM is BEFORE , the Law of MOSES and before the worlds were made !!

I see that you are quoting Rom 3 , and 10 !!

Those are not COVENAnts , are they !!

There are n ONLY 4 Covenants mentioned in the Bible , The Abrahamic , DAVIDIC , PALESTIAN , AND THE NEW COVENANT and only is Conditional and 3 are UN-CONDITIONAL !!

dan p

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

DAN P

Covenant Theology concentrates upon whom God has made "covenant" with down through history.

Jesus Christ: Before creation
Adam: Immediately after creation
Eve: Immediately after the fall
Abel: Seth, and their lineage through procreation
Noah: Prior to judgement
Job: Prior to personal testing
Abraham: Two different covenants to different offspring
Isaac, Jacob: Covenant fulfillments
Moses: Promise of deliverance from slavery
Joshua, judges, Joseph, tribes: Land promises fulfilled
David: Promises of everlasting kingdom
Prophets: Revelation of promised Savior
Apostles: Fulfillent of promises in Christ
Church: Fulfillment of Redemption and everlasting life in Christ

Very brief overview, but all smacking of Divine and Saving Grace!!!

Gospel grace, all founded upon the promises of God.

Covenant Theology is Christ centered,
through and through.

Hi and there are 4 COVENANT mentioned in the bible :

#1 , The Abrahamic

#2 , The DIVIDIC

#3 . THE Palestinian

#4 The New Covenant

And all of these Covenants had terms linked to them !!

dan p

dodge

Hi and in the MYSTERY , Paul always defended that Position and in Rom 16: The everlasting God , having been amde known to ALL GENTILES FOR OBEDIENCE OF FAITH !!

This MYSTERY was revealed in 2 Tim 1:9 , BEFORE TIMES RELATED TO THE AGES !!

This means that DISPENSATIONALISM is BEFORE , the Law of MOSES and before the worlds were made !!

I see that you are quoting Rom 3 , and 10 !!

Those are not COVENAnts , are they !!

There are n ONLY 4 Covenants mentioned in the Bible , The Abrahamic , DAVIDIC , PALESTIAN , AND THE NEW COVENANT and only is Conditional and 3 are UN-CONDITIONAL !!

dan p

Believing is not a condition ? Based on what you believe everyone is going to heaven. Are you a universalist ?

dodge

Hi and are you sure ??

Is there a verse for that ??

Lets have it !!

dan p

dan, if they have NO conditions on salvation everyone would be saved.

I understand that salvation is a gift( Eph. 2:8-9) but there is a stipulation i.e. faith and that is believing.

DAN P

dan, if they have NO conditions on salvation everyone would be saved.

I understand that salvation is a gift( Eph. 2:8-9) but there is a stipulation i.e. faith and that is believing.

Hi and I do not believe in UNIVERSEL SALVATION as some believe and is easy to disprove !!

I believe that we to believe what bthe terms of salvation are today , BUT you seem to be anti-Paul as he is the PATTERN of salvation as 1 Tim 1:16 and I have written many time before , but you have rejected it !!

But here it is again !!

Acts 9:6 and the key word is LORD !

#1 , 1 Cor 2:14 !! Natural man GOD is foolishness to him

#2 Acts 16:14 !! God first has to open the HEART !

#3 , 1 Cor 12:3 The key word here is the AORIST TENSE of the word SAY !!

#4 Rom 10:9 Here it is confessing Him as LORD and believe in the resurrection !!

dan p