What is your favorite ethnic food?

• Total voters

Eowyn

Proverbs 4:11-13
LIFETIME MEMBER
Scottish also has no votes I see......

Haggis....

:vomit:

One vote now! I have had haggis and actiually like it! I love Scottish food but I think that's just because of my heritage, I love all things Scottish.

I want to know why Khmer food isn't on the list?! Come on, chicken feet soup with some "vegetables" picked off the side of the road is awesome! Or cockroaches with a side of grubs... :chew:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I picked them all including "other." Been a bunch of places in my life and have at least sampled just about every cuisine imaginable. Whatever hits the table at the same time I do. I like roasted goat too (courtesy of a Pakistani Muslim friend). Fortunately, I have been blessed in my life to meet and know some really good cooks from and in foreign places.

Raw octo. :thumb:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chinese food? :vomit:

Japanese is good if you can avoid the weird things. Nato, I'm looking at you.
Greek was very good, but we might have simply gone to the best restaurants because otherwise I've never had much.
Indian is the best. Even better than Mexican, no silverware and only ONE HAND!!!

Don't ask why. You don't want to know...

QueenAtHome

What about American cuisine?

Hamburgers
Hot dogs
BBQ (not just meat flopped on a grill, but marinade and smoking and hours on the grill)
Chicken noodle soup
chili with beans
chili con carne (first time I saw it called that I thought it was some "ethnic" dish. Then I learned that it was just a fancy way of saying chili)
Fried catfish
cornbread
Hoppin Johns
A good steak and mashed potatoes

to name a few.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Hamburgers
Hot dogs
BBQ (not just meat flopped on a grill, but marinade and smoking and hours on the grill)
Chicken noodle soup
chili with beans
chili con carne (first time I saw it called that I thought it was some "ethnic" dish. Then I learned that it was just a fancy way of saying chili)
Fried catfish
cornbread
Hoppin Johns

to name a few.

Do they have "American food" in other counties? Asside from McDonald's I mean.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's not that hard to make good corn tortillas. You need a comal, a flat sort of cast iron frying pan. A tortilla press is a good thing, if you like them nice and even, but you don't need it. Hint: use freezer bag plastic to line the press, and it's easier to get the pressed tortilla out.

You need masa harina (corn flour) and water. Make a nice stiff dough, knead until smooth and let rest 30 min.

Pop one at a time on the hot comal, wait about 30 seconds, flip and cook same time on the other side.

Done. And they make the store-bought ones taste like cardboard.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I guess my all-time favorite is good Szchecuan food, hot as fire, and with a sweet, garlicky edge to it.

Texas/Louisiana adaptation; Stir-fried jalapeno crawfish in garlic/plum sauce.

allsmiles

I chose other because I like to eat ethnic people in general and there didn't seem to be a fitting choice from the list.

YahuShuan

I like Lebanese food, like "Grape leaves" with home made yogurt on top! And Humous, Tabouli, Pommegranit juice, Kibbe Sinia (cooked kibbe), and I used to like it raw with absolutely no fat or blood, but not since the ecoli scares.

Then the list goes Mexican, Italian, Chinese (except the yucky stuff, lol), Tai, and SPICY HOT...is HOT a category:)

Oh French? Do they cook? I don't like spit in my Eggs Benedict, like Eeeeeeeeeewe! But I like their sauces!

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame

Hamburgers
Hot dogs
Chicken noodle soup
chili with beans
Fried catfish
cornbread
Hoppin Johns

to name a few.
YEAH! 'Cept I don't know what "Hoppin Johns" is.

f0rTyLeGz

I really love Jamaican food. Ackee and saw fish, callalou, breadfruit, dumplings. Stew beef, jerk chicken. Lot of fruits, amazing orange juice, coconut juice. Avocados the size of softballs.

Etheopean food is nice too.

Cracked

Japanese. I've been working out of town and ate Sushi 3 nights last week! :chew:

Raw octopus rocks! :guitar:

Japanese is the best, I have to agree. Fresh sushi is very hard to beat. However, there is a big difference in the sushi you get at the grocery store and the sushi you get prepared by a sushi chief with fresh fish - like in Hawaii for instance.