What is the HiSTORICAL GOSPEL of Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Its no worser than saying and believing that sinners Christ shed His blood for, washed them in His Blood, are still lost and condemned as you do !

You are condemned because you have never received Christ as your savior. Instead you want to be predestinated. Not going to happen.

Robert Pate

Banned
Does that mean you are working out your salvation with trembling and fear and training yourself?

Working out your salvation is for new Christians.

I am no longer working at any thing. I am resting in what Christ has already worked out for me in the Gospel, Hebrews 4:10.

God's Truth

Working out your salvation is for new Christians.

I am no longer working at any thing. I am resting in what Christ has already worked out for me in the Gospel, Hebrews 4:10.

So you were a new Christian before and did work out your salvation, but now are old and speaking against working it out and training yourself?

We are to obey even before we are too old and sick to sin.

God's Truth

The important thing is to obey God's Commandments.

You couldn't even be a Jew as you claim if you obeyed the commandments.

Matthew 23:6 They love the places of honor at banquets, the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 the greetings in the marketplaces, and the title of ‘Rabbi’’ by which they are addressed. 8 "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Mark 12:38
In His teaching Jesus also said, "Watch out for the scribes. They like to walk around in long robes, to receive greetings in the marketplaces,

In His teaching Jesus also said, "Watch out for the scribes. They like to walk around in long robes, to receive greetings in the marketplaces,

Luke 11:43
Woe to you Pharisees! You love the chief seats in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You couldn't even be a Jew as you claim if you obeyed the commandments.

Matthew 23:6 They love the places of honor at banquets, the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 the greetings in the marketplaces, and the title of ‘Rabbi’’ by which they are addressed. 8 "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Luke 11:43
Woe to you Pharisees! You love the chief seats in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces.
Please explain your thinking.

If I can help you I will do my best to do so.

Robert Pate

Banned
The important thing is to obey God's Commandments.

No, the important thing is to live by the Spirit. Living by the Spirit is to live according to the Gospel.

In the Gospel I have been justified, sanctified, and redeemed and sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6. I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

How about you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, the important thing is to live by the Spirit. Living by the Spirit is to live according to the Gospel.

In the Gospel I have been justified, sanctified, and redeemed and sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6. I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

How about you?
What does it mean to obey the gospel? I believe it is more than just my belief in God and that Jesus died to forgive me of my sins and grant me the free gift of eternal life, if I would but repent and put my faith in God and Jesus, which I believe and have done. It involves obedience to God's Commandments. Not for salvation. But because God wants me to obey Him.

See Ephesians 2:8-9.

Ephesians 2:8-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

God's Truth

How about you?

Living by the Spirit IS obeying Jesus's commands. No one is living by the Spirit unless they are getting Jesus' teachings and obeying them.

God's Truth

What does it mean to obey the gospel? I believe it is more than just my belief in God and that Jesus died to forgive me of my sins and grant me the free gift of eternal life, if I would but repent and put my faith in God and Jesus, which I believe and have done. It involves obedience to God's Commandments. Not for salvation. But because God wants me to obey Him.

See Ephesians 2:8-9.

Ephesians 2:8-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

You would have to give up trying to be a Jew with that congregation you belong to because they sin by disobeying Jesus by calling people 'rabbi'. You also show that you have a prideful disobedient heart when you said you wanted to be a rabbi.

You don't even know that we are supposed to want to obey God for salvation.