What is the HiSTORICAL GOSPEL of Jesus Christ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As you know the Jewish people reject Christ as their savior, not all, but most.

It is imperative that you believe Jesus is Lord or God.

"I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (Lord or God) you shall die in your sins" John 8:36.

What do you think about that scripture?
John 8:36 says Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, I got the wrong scripture, should have been... John 8:24.

What do you think about that scripture?
John 8:24 says, Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.

He is in italics.

I believe that He is saying that He is the Son of God. This is from reading the context.

Robert Pate

Banned
John 8:24 says, Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.

He is in italics.

I believe that He is saying that He is the Son of God. This is from reading the context.

And who do you believe the Son of God is?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Try this.

Colossians 1:14-17.

Colossians 1:14-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 in whom we have redemption through His blood,[a] the forgiveness of sins.

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Footnotes:

Colossians 1:14 NU-Text and M-Text omit through His blood.

Robert Pate

Banned
Colossians 1:14-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 in whom we have redemption through His blood,[a] the forgiveness of sins.

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Footnotes:

Colossians 1:14 NU-Text and M-Text omit through His blood.

You didn't answer the question. Is Jesus God?

Robert Pate

Banned
Does Jesus say you are blessed if you obey or not? Does Jesus say you are his family if you obey or not? Does Jesus say you are his friend if you obey or not?

I am not under the law. Jesus fulfilled the law for me, Matthew 5:18. But you are under the law and will be judged by the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
You have asked me about something not in the verse (do you believe that Jesus is God?), and I do not know where the idea that Jesus was just a man, or a good man, comes from.

Only God can forgive sins and raise the dead. There is enough in the scriptures that proves Jesus is God. You don't want to believe that he is, so you will die in your sins.

God's Truth

I am not under the law. Jesus fulfilled the law for me, Matthew 5:18. But you are under the law and will be judged by the law.

Jesus fulfilled the law WITH the guidelines and gave new guidelines.
Jesus teaches the law of the Spirit.
Nowhere anywhere does Jesus say we don't have to obey anymore.
Paul says you are either working at doing wrong in life or working at doing right.
So stop saying to obey is some excluded works.
If you are not obeying Jesus---then you ARE WORKING AT SIN.
Now do you really want to keep saying we don't have to obey because it is a work?!