What is God's first creation?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
No, I live in the Worcester area.
OK. The diocese of Worcester was created in the 20th century, it is new, it was created from the diocese of Springfield I believe, but don't quote me on that, it could have been made from parts of the archdiocese of Boston.
I am not a member of any church.
OK.
Church is what you are, not where you go.
Well, we're talking about two different words, 'church' and 'Church.' They are homonyms. One is 'where you go,' and the other is the Body of Christ. And being an individual member of the Body of Christ does not depend upon 'where you go' at all, it only depends upon faith in the Gospel, that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Friend, most folks agree with you, that is your choice. The Protestants did not stray far enough away from the "infallible teachings" teaching of your early leaders.
The Church's 'early leaders' were the Apostles. We don't want to stray from their infallible teachings at all.
However my faith is in truth, not traditional fables.
Same for Catholics.
My faith is based on over many years of study from many sources.
Same for Catholic bishops. One of the 'sources' that the college of bishops draws from, are the word-of-mouth teachings of the Apostles, not just what was written down. The Apostles, not only spoke more than what is written for us in the New Testament, but they could all speak many different languages too, not just Aramaic and common Greek.
I put my trust in my understanding of the scriptures.
And Catholic bishops correctly teach that not only what the Apostles wrote, and not only what the Apostles authorized as Sacred Scripture (the Old Testament, plus New Testament books that were written by people other than the Apostles, like Luke and Acts, and Mark), but also what they spoke, they are all 'revelation,' non-conflicting, and of equal authority.
So we agree to disagree, that's OK.
It is. But you seek truth, and I'm trying to get you to acknowledge that not everything that the Lord said, nor everything that the Apostles taught, was written in the Bible, but both Christ and His commissioned Apostles always taught the real truth.

keypurr

How many times do I have to say it. I'VE ALREADY ANSWERED!

If anyone here is not answering questions, it's YOU!

Now, get back to MY question.

You need to answer this, Keypurr, because it calls into question your "God"'s standard of righteousness.

You said:

In response to:

You claimed that "something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good."

So does that mean that the standard for "goodness" is external to God, or is something other than God?

This is a huge problem for your theology, Keypurr, especially if you can't answer the question.

No you have not answered the question, your evading it.

If you believe the words of Jesus in John 17:3 why do you not live by them?

You can not have it both ways JR. There is no in between.

keypurr

OK. The diocese of Worcester was created in the 20th century, it is new, it was created from the diocese of Springfield I believe, but don't quote me on that, it could have been made from parts of the archdiocese of Boston.
OK.
Well, we're talking about two different words, 'church' and 'Church.' They are homonyms. One is 'where you go,' and the other is the Body of Christ. And being an individual member of the Body of Christ does not depend upon 'where you go' at all, it only depends upon faith in the Gospel, that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead.

It matters not to me about the RCC friend. I think the church is evil but most people in it do not realize it. I have many loved ones who are in the RCC, but I can not agree the misconceptions in their doctrines. Many of which the Protestants hold on to.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No you have not answered the question, your evading it.

Says the one who won't explain what he believes when asked.

If you believe the words of Jesus in John 17:3 why do you not live by them?

You're question begging, assuming I don't "live by [the words of Jesus]."

I BELIEVE THE ENTIRE BIBLE, AND NOT JUST SNIPPETS OF IT THAT, WHEN TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT, KEYPURR SAYS MEAN SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THEY SAY.

You can not have it both ways JR. There is no in between.

Of course I can. And yes, there is.

Now, stop ignoring my question and explain your beliefs.

You need to answer this, Keypurr, because it calls into question your "God"'s standard of righteousness.

You claimed that "something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good."

So does that mean that the standard for "goodness" is external to God, or is something other than God?

This is a huge problem for your theology, Keypurr, especially if you can't (or refuse to) defend your beliefs.

Last edited:

keypurr

Says the one who won't explain what he believes when asked.

You're question begging, assuming I don't "live by [the words of Jesus]."

I BELIEVE THE ENTIRE BIBLE, AND NOT JUST SNIPPETS OF IT THAT, WHEN TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT, KEYPURR SAYS MEAN SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THEY SAY.

Of course I can. And yes, there is.

Now, stop ignoring my question and explain your beliefs.

This is a huge problem for your theology, Keypurr, especially if you can't (or refuse to) defend your beliefs.

I have stated my thoughts many times JR.

I do not see God not liking someone who loves him completely. Love is the true standard.

Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

This is the standard of righteousness as told to us by the Master. This is what I believe.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have stated my thoughts many times JR.

I do not see God not liking someone who loves him completely. Love is the true standard.

Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

This is the standard of righteousness as told to us by the Master. This is what I believe.

I'm not asking WHAT the standard is, Keypurr. I'm asking if the standard is external to or other than God in your belief system.

Keypurr: You claimed that "something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good."

Therefore, do you believe that such a standard is external to God?

glorydaz

I am not the one who can look into your heart friend, I have no doubt that your sincere in your faith as I am in mine.

I only see that Jesus told us his Father is the ONLY true God yet you do not see the word ONLY.

I am sorry if I offended you, that was not my intension. But like everyone else here I post truth as I see it.

That's because there is ONLY ONE GOD, Keypurr. Jesus understood what you do not. That He was with God and was God in the beginning. John 1:1

"Glorify thou me with thine own self.." "With the glory which I had with thee before the world was." Unfortunately, you don't understand how the ONE GOD is TRIUNE in nature. That fact eludes you because of your pride. That's sad.

John 17:1-5
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

keypurr

That's because there is ONLY ONE GOD, Keypurr. Jesus understood what you do not. That He was with God and was God in the beginning. John 1:1

"Glorify thou me with thine own self.." "With the glory which I had with thee before the world was." Unfortunately, you don't understand how the ONE GOD is TRIUNE in nature. That fact eludes you because of your pride. That's sad.

John 17:1-5
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

The logos was with God at the creation, not Jesus.

You fail to see that.

keypurr

I'm not asking WHAT the standard is, Keypurr. I'm asking if the standard is external to or other than God in your belief system.

Keypurr: You claimed that "something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good."

Therefore, do you believe that such a standard is external to God?

BeforeI answer that:

Define what you consider "external to God" when everything comes from God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
BeforeI answer that:

Define what you consider "external to God" when everything comes from God.

Something that does not come from God.

Again, you said "I go with (1)," which is this:

"Something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good."

Whereas the alternative was this:

"Something is good because God commands that it is good (as Socrates put it, because God loves it)."

In other words you yourself said that the standard for something being good does not come from God (he does not command it), but that it is something apart from him that is the standard for goodness.

To which I then asked:

So then, if God does not make something good by commanding it, but rather recognizes that which is good, what standard of righteousness does He use to make this judgment? If the standard is external to Himself, then it appears that contrary to Christian teaching, an authority superior to God would exist. Is that what you believe?

So again, Keypurr:

What is the standard God uses to determine if something is good? Is that standard greater than, equal to, or lesser than God?

If it is lesser than God, then why does He use it as His standard, if it is below Him? Wouldn't it be better for Him to use Himself as the standard than to use something beneath Him?

If it is equal to Him, then would not that contradict His claim "there is none beside Me"?

If it is greater than He is, then wouldn't that mean that He is not God, but rather that the standard is that He uses?

Last edited: